Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Why I Stopped Going To Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Going To Church (5125 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Reason I Stopped Going To Church / Reason I Stopped Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 20, 2015
SonOfEl:
OP, you going to church is a spiritual obligation, not a religious obligation. you are going to church to WORSHIP, not to meet or please anybody. my advice to you is to go to church and worship God, don't commit yourself too much into activities considering the nature of your job. God is not vindictive. your pastor and pastor Mrs. were just being human and insensitive, but I really think you should meet them in person and tell them how their actions have stumbled you. let them know their mistake.

I doubt if you were completely innocent too. were you going to church for the money/material benefit or because you enjoy worshipping together with the congregation? be sincere with yourself sir.

the true church of God is a spiritual body, not a religious organization. it is not every sacrifice of praise and worship from people that is acceptable unto God, because most people today do not worship God IN TRUTH and IN SPIRIT. pls my beloved brother, do not fall into this category of people.

God bless you sir.

U don't need to go to church to worship God.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by ModiKen(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Aitee1:
Most churches are modern scam e don tey wey me i wise but I'm inside one now cos their wifi is always on grin grin

Bunch of religious set that don't have the fear of God angry

So u go church cos of wifi.

This is theft.

EFCC, ICPC and CCB over to u.

Who knows your case could be next after they finish Saraki's own on tomorrow. grin
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2015
chuna1985:

U don't need to go to church to worship God.

a church is a spiritual GATHERING of saints. going to church is important for spiritual growth and support. you ignorantly see it as a religious obligation, it is not so. different parts of one body coming together to worship their maker.

where two or more are GATHERED to worship and pray, God is there. so my brother, go to church with a true understanding of it.

you can worship anywhere but you can't be fed anywhere. pastors, teachers, prophets, evangelist, apostle, are different offices designed by God to groom and nourish believers. wherever you are, be connected to a worship session whether online or at the main auditorium. God bless you.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2015
chuna1985:

The bible never told us to go to church.
study Hebrews 10:24-25.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2015
ModiKen:
Thia is why I stopped going to church.

Religion is a scam!

Christianity in particular (especially in Nigeria) is a money making venture and a business entity.

Have u seen how many pastors own private jets in the country along with universities and other large business enterprises yet they have members in their churches who can't feed three times daily.

To make matters worse, you see some who shout at the top of their voices during the service "My God is not a God of N50"!

"My God is not a God of N100"!!!

"If you have any of those denominations better not come forward so God does not disgrace you.

WhatDaFvuck!!!

Some even tell members to wave their offerings in the air before coming out to give the offerings to God. Those with little denominations would simply hide theirs to avoid any form of embarassment.

For those who would say I should forget all that cos salvation is personal, I truly agree with you, hence I have decided to stop attending any church and to give 10% of my monthly salary to an orhanage of my choice or help any one in need around me.

Shikena!!!

Our pastors only think about what theyr can gain from you, not what they can give to you in the name of Christ

But guy u no try oooo.

U for inform ur pastor and im wife before leaving their church since you were a well known member, maybe the wife wouldnt have reacted that way at ur departure from their church.

there are still true churches. only you have stopped searching. if you really need a place worship, God will lead you to one. don't use some churches fault to judge another. if you need one truly, I can give you an address. but if are skeptical about me, then sincerely pray to God about it.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by walanter(m): 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
jaywatt:
They ask me why I don't go to church no more, cause church is the new club and wine is the new bub, and lies is the new drugs.
asap rocky
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by lovely17(m): 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Karlovich:
Young man, u don't need a church. Be good and live ur life. There are a thousand religions and how are u sure yours is the right one?
thank you. oh my brother / sister me too i have this thought but anything time I try to raise it people shut me up that it's blasphemy .I will just retract and continue to think

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Aitee1: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
ModiKen:

So u go church cos of wifi.

This is theft.

EFCC, ICPC and CCB over to u.

Who knows your case could be next after they finish Saraki's own on tomorrow. grin

grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Mznaett: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Aitee1:
Most churches are modern scam e don tey wey me i wise but I'm inside one now cos their wifi is always on grin grin

Bunch of religious set that don't have the fear of God angry

shocked
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
SonOfEl:

a church is a spiritual GATHERING of saints. going to church is important for spiritual growth and support. you ignorantly see it as a religious obligation, it is not so. different parts of one body coming together to worship their maker.

where two or more are GATHERED to worship and pray, God is there. so my brother, go to church with a true understanding of it.

you can worship anywhere but you can't be fed anywhere. pastors, teachers, prophets, evangelist, apostle, are different offices designed by God to groom and nourish believers. wherever you are, be connected to a worship session whether online or at the main auditorium. God bless you.

Lol.
please back it up with scriptures.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
SonOfEl:

study Hebrews 10:24-25.

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

So how does the scripture u quoted connect with going to church on Sunday

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
chuna1985:

And let us consider how we may spur one another
on toward love and good deeds, not giving up
meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing,
but encouraging one another—and all the more as you
see the Day approaching.

So how does the scripture u quoted connect with going to church on Sunday

I talked about going to church, i did not say anything about any day of the week.

also, I posted something about God using pastors, teachers an co to edify the church.

whether you are connected online or in the auditorium, your have to meet or gather together as saints, a spiritual body of Christ.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
SonOfEl:

I talked about going to church, i did not say anything about any day of the week.

also, I posted something about God using pastors, teachers an co to edify the church.

whether you are connected online or in the auditorium, your have to meet or gather together as saints, a spiritual body of Christ.

U seem not to understand the scripture. it talks about the children of God meeting, Not going to church.

Jesus never went to church every Sunday, Jesus never told anyone to go to church at all. church is just a man made ish, in Jesus's days, They don't go to church, They only go to synagogue 4 times a year.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by basille(m): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Oga you are at fault. Vouching for someone else is not easy as it seems. You could have at least give them a heads up before leaving their business organization.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
U ve evry rite mayb gud reasons 2 turn ur back 2 d church. Yea d church shud be a house of refuge in times of difficulty. But come 2 com think of it, in dat moment of turning ur bck 2 d church u r opening urself up to all manner of temptation nd meaningless thoughts. D devil wil b happy. The pastor's wife is only a human. Mayb all u cud ve done wen u changed church was 2 notify her. U cud ve inform her/other close members of the church dat for certain reasons u will to be attending so so church nd that would ve put her in know of ur whereabouts. Pastor's wife erred by goin to dat extent of pulling out her signature from ur document.
Just forgive her and forgive all those dat wronged u. Starting attending church pls.
Remain blessed!
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by durubrian(m): 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
chuna1985:

The bible never told us to go to church.

As christains , we should be Christlike, since Jesus went to the synagogue, we should follow #ChristFollowers
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
chuna1985:

U seem not to understand the scripture. it talks about the children of God meeting, Not going to church.

Jesus never went to church every Sunday, Jesus never told anyone to go to church at all. church is just a man made ish, in Jesus's days, They don't go to church, They only go to synagogue 4 times a year.

***laughs*** I think you are the naive one here. first of all, what is a Church? a church biblically defined, is a body of christ called together. its not a religious denomination of any sort. every true believer is a part of that body. when we are together, we are collective called a church.

the early church usually met on the first day of the week. we are not talking about the Jerusalem church, we are talking about the gentile church of Antioch, Ephesus, Rome, Corinth, etc. its a biblical fact, but it is not a doctrine or rule. so what is your point exactly?
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
durubrian:

As christains , we should be Christlike, since Jesus went to the synagogue, we should follow #ChristFollowers

Jesus went to synagogue, Thats where we should go.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
SonOfEl:

***laughs*** I think you are the naive one here. first of all, what is a Church? a church biblically defined, is a body of christ called together. its not a religious denomination of any sort. every true believer is a part of that body. when we are together, we are collective called a church.

the early church usually met on the first day of the week. we are not talking about the Jerusalem church, we are talking about the gentile church of Antioch, Ephesus, Rome, Corinth, etc. its a biblical fact, but it is not a doctrine or rule. so what is your point exactly?

""but it is
not a doctrine ""

Son its not compulsory.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 5:58am On Sep 21, 2015
chuna1985:

""but it is
not a doctrine ""

Son its not compulsory.

you call me "son"? ***laughs again*** anyway, a faceless forum as NL condones such remark. I know its your way of trying to belittle. I sense your insecurity and complex. anyway, at least I have given you something to think about. God bless you.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

you call me "son"? ***laughs again*** anyway, a faceless forum as NL condones such remark. I know its your way of trying to belittle. I sense your insecurity and complex. anyway, at least I have given you something to think about. God bless you.

Dont be insecure, What i wanted to say was ""So its not compulsoryml""

Whichever way, I already pointed it out, To go-to church on Sunday ain't compulsory...
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by durubrian(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Jesus went to synagogue, Thats where we should go.

Yes ... go to the synagogue Na
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by OgundeleT(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2015
to me the woman is not wrong, bcus that is how God operate: he loves you and if u dont love him by worshiping him back he will burn u in hell. The pastor's wife love you only if you can be worshiping in there parish. The earlier u know religion is a scam the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2015
OgundeleT:
to me the woman is not wrong, bcus that is how God operate: he loves you and if u dont love him by worshiping him back he will burn u in hell. The pastor's wife love you only if you can be worshiping in there parish. The earlier u know religion is a scam the better.

spread your atheism elsewhere, you are dead on arrival.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2015
durubrian:

Yes ... go to the synagogue Na

There are no synagogues in nigeria.
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by OgundeleT(m): 7:42am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

spread your atheism elsewhere, you are dead on arrival.
Thank u, also try and spread ur absurdity elsewhere bcus i will always refute ur claim

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2015
OgundeleT:

Thank u, also try and spread ur absurdity elsewhere bcus i will always refute ur claim

well, tell that to the 6-7 billion+ theists on earth....hehehe.....
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by OgundeleT(m): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

well, tell that to the 6-7 billion+ theists on earth....hehehe.....
I am telling u now bcus u are among those theist

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by durubrian(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2015
chuna1985:

There are no synagogues in nigeria.

so the church should be 'OUR' own synagogue
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by SonOfEl(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2015
OgundeleT:

I am telling u now bcus u are among those theist

....and as usual, its thrown right back at your face. no time for pathetic souls like you, seeing you have refused correction and counsel. IMO.....
Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by OgundeleT(m): 10:24am On Sep 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

....and as usual, its thrown right back at your face. no time for pathetic souls like you, seeing you have refused correction and counsel. IMO.....
Whose case is pathetic out of u and me?
U believe there is one man somewhere who love u unconditionally but need ur love back by worshiping him, unless, he will burn u till 10000000000000000+ years
u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Going To Church by An2elect2(f): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2015
This reason is a very good one but it is still secondary! The nonsense they churn out from the pulpit is the number one reason the sheep of God all over the world are deserting the 'church' en mass.

Only goats go to church these days. Scary sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Night Of Bliss South Africa With Pastor Chris / Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story) / Imagine A World Without Muslims!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.