Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! (39815 Views)

Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) / Man Faints As DNA Shows His 4 Kids Belong To Neighbours / Househelp Cleans Her Vagina With Napkin, Then Wipes Her Boss' Dishes With It:Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by babythug(f): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2015
freecocoa:
You forgot to advise her to increase pay alongside the chores.

So interacting with neighbours is now a crime that one should be sacked for? Seriously where's our empathy? O jesus!undecided

She can interact with the neighbours during her hours off work. she was to be on duty at her employer's house at the said time!!!!
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by babythug(f): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2015
favourlove1:
u are very wicked! Add more chores to d above? Don't worry ur children are next! Its your type that would return one day n discover their help have disappeared with their belongings. A lady works from 7 to 7 n just steps out to socialize n ur talking of adding more work load? What does OP do aside waking u n going to work? Rubbish!

Adding chores doesn't necessarily make anyone wicked. The type of chores of course is another matter entirely.

My comments may have been misconstrued. The chores i had in mind include picking beans, or tidying up the guest room/arranging the children's wardrobe or clearing cobwebs. Random chores that aren't necessarily tasking but will keep her occupied.

We should note also that an idle mind and indeed hands are the devil's workshops!

Please remember that the nanny is at her place of work, it's neither the place nor time to socialize.

As for the OP who has to work long hours, we don't know the financial circumstances of her family. She may be the sole breadwinner for all we care.

Besides the hassles of commuting to and from work in Lagos will make any mum get home daily at late hours.
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by MotherBee: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yes you should be concerned and not worry... I personally will not take that kind of behavior from a nanny I pay...I think you should speak with her about it first then see what happens after...children see everything and learn very fast...are they in school? You can put them in an after school care and pick them up on your way back from work, by then, maid would hVe finished her duties and gone home and you wouldn't be worried about whether your kids were at the neighbors or any where else....my2 cents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ndeewonu:

It shows how bad people can be in their neighbourhood!
More like how haughty and/or paranoid they are.
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by NemzySeries(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
gbosaa:

That post of less than 20kb shows how wicked people like you are...

People like you should not manage any human being. It's sadist like you lots who will keep underage kids and make them work like slaves cos that's how you see them. Clean, cook, wash etc all year round with no break and when they lose it and attempt something on your household, you brand them witches, Devils and wonder where and how it started.

A woman that has been working with him for 2 years and he is right here posting this thrash, seeking advice from mad people like you on how to increase her work load.

Why can't he cook for his kids? Why couldn't he get his kids ready for school, bring them back and teach them?

Ask your friend how much he pays for all these.
U're 50,000fts above sense level
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Ndipe(m): 3:13am On Jun 21, 2016
yomi007k:
Those people aint Robots.

They need 2 mingle wt other ppl or else depression gona creep in.

So long as she does her job well n does no harm, I don't think dts a big deal.

I may be naive but I dont think it's a big deal. Growing up, we had maids who used to socialize with others in the neighborhood. The one downside is gossip is bound to occur in such a scenario. But seriously, she should be watching TV at home instead of the neighbors, dont want to inconvenience others, but some people dont really see that as a big deal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Flaunts Superbaby Tattoo On Her Babybump (Photos) / 3 Nigerian Couples Who Are Friends: Before & After Babies (Photos) / Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.