Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Down - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Down (1344 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / ‘my Pastor Husband Conspired To Sacrifice Me For Ritual’- Wife (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Down by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2015
Down
Re: Down by Annunaki(m): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2015
If you are a christian saved by grace, you are not supposed to pay tithe in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: Down by SlimBrawnie(f): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2015
wow.... pls back up with scriptures
Annunaki:
If you are a christian saved by grace, you are not supposed to pay tithe in the first instance.
wow.... pls back up with scriptures

1 Like

Re: Down by Annunaki(m): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
wow.... pls back up with scriptureswow.... pls back up with scriptures

It is tithe preachers on the contrary that fail to back their tithe doctrine with scriptures. They actually twist scriptures to arrive at the tithing money from income doctrine. The popular mal 3:10 verse often quoted to justify tithing in the was not addressed to the church but to the jews and biblical tithes was never money but agric produce. As a christian you are not under the law but under grace. Read galatians 3:10 and galatians 5:4 they explain why it is wrong for a christian to abide by the jewish laws of which tithing is a part of.

3 Likes

Re: Down by divineappo(m): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
This has been a topic of debate. I want to get your opinion if it is right to pay or send your tithe to your husband or father who is a pastor especially if you can't wait till Sunday.
Tithing is not a criteria to making heaven when the rapture takes place or after death. but its a principle u apply to enjoy Gods blessings. #shikena

1 Like

Re: Down by trapQ: 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
this is heresy. every Christian should pay tithes. JESUS even said that by not paying tithes. we rob him.
Annunaki:
Re: Down by Princewell2012(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
trapQ:
this is heresy. every Christian should pay tithes. JESUS even said that by not paying tithes. we rob him.

Pls can you provide the ch or verse where Jesus made such comment, that whosoever do not pay tithe rob him?

Repent.

1 Like

Re: Down by Princewell2012(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
@op Christians were never commanded to pay tithe to anyone.

Unless you are a pharisee

otherwise give your freewill offering to God, for God love a cheerful giver.

You can even give more than 100% in as much it comes from your heart God will accept it and reward you.

I have given my whole salary before, i wasn't force to do so, i do it from my heart.

The only problem i have with some Christians today is greediness. A greedy person is not a christian.

pls read 1John 3;17....

If you have truly read it, what do you understand?

That's what Jesus is expecting from us, especially the Christians.
Re: Down by trapQ: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
you should repent for spreading such heresies. If you don't know ask questions. you should repent.
Princewell2012:

Pls can you provide the ch or verse where Jesus made such comment, that whosoever do not pay tithe rob him?

Repent.
Re: Down by Annunaki(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
trapQ:
you should repent for spreading such heresies. If you don't know ask questions. you should repent.

Why don't you just answer his questions instead of just making vacant claims.

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy In The Church? / Shocking! Pregnant Teenage Girl Claims To Be Carrying The Child Of Jesus (photo) / Has Anyone Seen God Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.