Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,238 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri (27003 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by ola6: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2015
Prince Ikenwole Godfrey Abiloye Emiko grin
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by CARLOSZ: 11:07am On Sep 20, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Biafra will rise again grin grin grin now is Igbo blood the new olu of warri "Ikenwoli Emeka" they just change the name to Emiko to cheat igbos.

Nke ahu gbasara ha.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by docadams: 11:14am On Sep 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
person force u enter?
I tire.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by dokJ: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2015
see sharpness! if na ife ppl, dem go waste timeless time dey look 4 abubaku afta which dem go come start APC politics to search 4 d next Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2015
omisakint:
Nice one.. I'm sure this was base on merit.. But my fellow ife kinsmen are still consulting Oracle to select the next Ooni.. I'm sure they are waiting for more "alert"

It was nt really on Merit....The Gods choose him.. just last week some chief like Jemide and d rest Consulted the Oracle... Ikenwoli was favoured by d gods.

Ogiame Suooo

4 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2015
Datazone:
I heard [s] Urhobos on the internet saying there will be no Olu title again after the death of the former one.. LOLZZZZZZZZZZ [/s]

Long Live Iwerre Kingdom

Hey bro, Stop na.. stop this tribal stuff it hurts me.. No Urhobo son said so.. Don't know wat u benefit everyday trying to hit up d polity. Urhobos mourn the Death Of Our Olu too..

3 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by omisakint: 11:30am On Sep 20, 2015
Goodboiyy:

It was nt really on Merit....The Gods choose him.. just last week some chief like Jemide and d rest Consulted the Oracle... Ikenwoli was favoured by d gods.

Ogiame Suooo

By merit I mean the due process was followed
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by luvprince4real(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2015
And ife pple still dey try complete d human head to d number only known to them..

Long Live D King..

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2015
Olukat:

Pls shut your trap!
Olu does not represent the Urhobos
Just let a peaceful selection be without your negative comment. angry

I just corrected d buffon.. people trying so hard to create problem 4 both tribe.. but We pass Them.. united we stand divided we fall

2 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2015
chuna1985:
His name sounds igbo.

Get sense na.

what's Igbo about his name ? is it Ikenwoli ? or Emiko ? .... na wa oo.. these people 1 start again... earlier I correct this madness b4 u start another baseless argument.. abeg I use God beg una
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2015
omisakint:

By merit I mean the due process was followed

Yes.. due process was followed.. And everything went smoothly.. really happy about that...
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Xbee007(m): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2015
Visit this thread to keep informed about the current onslaught against Boko Haram.
www.nairaland.com/2239266/battle-field-discussion-picture-video
I am 100% sure you would love it. It was created by Bidexii and has been on for quiet sometime.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by debinile(m): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=Datazone post=38192762]I heard Urhobos on the internet saying there will be no Olu title again after the death of the former one.. LOLZZZZZZZZZZ

The Olu of Warri remain the Title of the one and only King in Warri.

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by DaGC(m): 11:50am On Sep 20, 2015
May his reign be a blessing to his people.

Its usually a hereditary post, but the 1st son of the late Olu didn't fulfill a certain condition by birth.

[b]
Earlier at the gathering, several eyes had been on Prince Tsola Emiko, first son of the departed Atuwatse II, who came with Toju and Nere, his siblings to the gathering.
By the hereditary appeal of the throne, the uninformed persons present at the gathering had expected Tsola as the automatic successor.
However, Pessu who announced the Olu designate clarified that Tsola was not qualified to succeed the father in line with other expectations a son must meet to succeed his father as Olu.
The Ojomo of Warri said, “By the tradition, a son who must succeed his father must be born of a mother who must not be outside of Itsekiri or Benin by birth, origin. This is a standing tradition and the son does not fulfill this requirement.
Prof. Jim Omatseye added: “In the event that a son is not qualified to succeed the father, the princes of the kingdom from the three ruling houses, Ginuwa, Erejuwa and Ogiame, will choose among themselves who should take the throne. The lot fell on Prince Ikenwole Emiko and he is generally accepted by the Itsekiri nation.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/olu-of-warri-itsekiri-nation-mourns-designates-brother-abiloye-emiko-as-successor/
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by debinile(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2015
One Itsekiri, one God, One Language and one King. May your reign in Warri be Peaceful. Amen

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by surawilly(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2015
KINGpharoah:
And up till now some people still looking for who will be their new king,weeks after former king died
I no kukuma call name o
You tink say Ife kingdom na small tin?
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
Oil money is his...escravos things...

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
and?
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by KINGpharoah: 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
surawilly:
You tink say Ife kingdom na small tin?
Abegi

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by wheesin(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
what is his moniker?

and you too you believed him.. undecided chai
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
debinile:
One Itsekiri, one God, One Language and one King. May your reign in Warri be Peaceful. Amen

One People
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
DaGC:
May his reign be a blessing to his people.

Its usually a hereditary post, but the 1st son of the late Olu didn't fulfill a certain condition by birth.

[b]
Earlier at the gathering, several eyes had been on Prince Tsola Emiko, first son of the departed Atuwatse II, who came with Toju and Nere, his siblings to the gathering.
By the hereditary appeal of the throne, the uninformed persons present at the gathering had expected Tsola as the automatic successor.
However, Pessu who announced the Olu designate clarified that Tsola was not qualified to succeed the father in line with other expectations a son must meet to succeed his father as Olu.
The Ojomo of Warri said, “By the tradition, a son who must succeed his father must be born of a mother who must not be outside of Itsekiri or Benin by birth, origin. This is a standing tradition and the son does not fulfill this requirement.
Prof. Jim Omatseye added: “In the event that a son is not qualified to succeed the father, the princes of the kingdom from the three ruling houses, Ginuwa, Erejuwa and Ogiame, will choose among themselves who should take the throne. The lot fell on Prince Ikenwole Emiko and he is generally accepted by the Itsekiri nation.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/olu-of-warri-itsekiri-nation-mourns-designates-brother-abiloye-emiko-as-successor/

Nice 1
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Get sense na.

what's Igbo about his name ? is it Ikenwoli ? or Emiko ? .... na wa oo.. these people 1 start again... earlier I correct this madness b4 u start another baseless argument.. abeg I use God beg una

U won't understand how Ikenwoli is an igbo name because u are not igbo.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by bigfrancis21: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ikenwoli? Does he have an Igbo mother? What does Ikenwoli mean in Itsekiri?
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by hollowpot15684(m): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
omisakint:
Nice one.. I'm sure this was base on merit.. But my fellow ife kinsmen are still consulting Oracle to select the next Ooni.. I'm sure they are waiting for more "alert"

Ogbeni go sit down, we dont need you to talk.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by MrzKay: 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
Datazone:
I heard Urhobos on the internet saying there will be no Olu title again after the death of the former one.. LOLZZZZZZZZZZ

Long Live Iwerre Kingdom

Wetin concern urhobo wit olu of itsekiri.....mtchew....
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Neplusultra(f): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:
My tots too! ' Ikenwoli'

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
chuna1985:

U won't understand how Ikenwoli is an igbo name because u are not igbo.

Pls kindly tell me d meaning in Igbo.. Ever since I was born I haven't heard of any connection b/w my tribe and Igbo. Never.. nothing in Common... we dont bear same name, our names sound more Yoruba.. Even if Ikenwoli is a word in Igbo, Then its nt d same meaning with ours..
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Even if he have an Urhobo or Yoruba Mother He won't ascent The Throne except He av Bini mother .. Na Come Igbo that Side.. people we nor get connection with. na wa

The Prince is purely Itsekiri, Mom and Dad,
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Pls kindly tell me d meaning in Igbo.. Ever since I was born I haven't heard of any connection b/w my tribe and Igbo. Never.. nothing in Common... we dont bear same name, our names sound more Yoruba.. Even if Ikenwoli is a word in Igbo, Then its nt d same meaning with ours..

Ikenwoli in igbo means the strength of someone's son. Oli is someone's name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Tortoise And The Snake - A Yoruuba Folk Tale [contrast To America's Tale] / The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.