Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,071 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri (27005 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
I detest it so much when I see some Igbo people commenting on these sort of threads. Y'all should stop making some peeps feel more important than they really are. Ikenwoli is not, and can never be an Igbo name biko!

2 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by torusoeri(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by torusoeri(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
nwanlecha:
I detest it so much when I see some Igbo people commenting on these sort of threads. Y'all should stop making some peeps feel more important than they really are. Ikenwoli is not, and can never be an Igbo name biko!

Igbos don dey claim Itshekiri also...LOL
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by omisakint: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
hollowpot15684:

Ogbeni go sit down, we dont need you to talk.

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by bigfrancis21: 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Even if he have an Urhobo or Yoruba Mother He won't ascent The Throne except He av Bini mother .. Na Come Igbo that Side.. people we nor get connection with. na wa

The Prince is purely Itsekiri, Mom and Dad,

I only asked a question if he had an Igbo mother because his name, Ikenwoli, doesn't seem to be a common Itsekiri name but sounds like an Igbo name. You need not get all that defensive. Moreover, you failed to answer my question. Is Ikenwoli an Itsekiri name? What does it mean in Itsekiri?
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by bigfrancis21: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
debinile:
One Itsekiri, one God, One Language and one King. May your reign in Warri be Peaceful. Amen

What does Ale je efun mean in Itsekiri? It sounds similar to Eze je ofuma (King go well 'to the lands beyond') in Igbo.

PS: I am not claiming anybody. I am only pointing out what seems to be striking similarities.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by bigfrancis21: 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Even if he have an Urhobo or Yoruba Mother He won't ascent The Throne except He av Bini mother .. Na Come Igbo that Side.. people we nor get connection with. na wa

The Prince is purely Itsekiri, Mom and Dad,

Rendering an interpretation of Ikenwoli in Igbo is 'strength of an only child' where ike means 'strength, 'nwa' means child and 'oli' means 'one'.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by bokohalal(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
EDAIKEN n'Uselu of Benin Kingdom must be Igbo. Funny people.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by micronut(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
omisakint:
Nice one.. I'm sure this was base on merit.. But my fellow ife kinsmen are still consulting Oracle to select the next Ooni.. I'm sure they are waiting for more "alert"
awe! see how everybody is bashing you! Bringing ife down for no reason is not the best..... Am disappointed in your comment! Ife is bigger than any of us, you just sit there and agreed things would be hurriedly done. Assuming that the kingmakers are taking bribe of some sort when you are not there is another bad one from you, home boy. Everyone has his or her own culture, warri ways of choosing king is different from that of ife(which is purely hereditary, very easy like that of ibadan). Mind you, there is always tendency that the oracle were consulted in Warri's case. Consultation must have been done widely aswell, “The Olu designate is very sound, intellectually inclined and culturally exposed". You don't expect afobaje to put just anybody on the throne. IFE A GBE WA OOO....
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by bokohalal(m): 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Rendering an interpretation of Ikenwoli in Igbo is 'strength of an only child' where ike means 'strength, 'nwa' means child and 'oli' means 'one'.
How many Igbos have you ever met called IKENWOLI?
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
LOL. @ The tussle over 'Ikenwoli'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / The Tortoise And The Snake - A Yoruuba Folk Tale [contrast To America's Tale] / What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.