Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland (26443 Views)

RULE 22 / Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by otiigba1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
I think almost every one on here agrees not to ban begging on nairaland, just incase they may need financial help from nairalanders one day. grin

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Andyg: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Banned any mugu
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by braindamage(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hmm...

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by olu4life(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I support this move Seun, there are way too many scammers roaming this forum already. If care is not taken, this site might turn to become another OLX.
Bruh pls can u point out a topic that someone begged o for help and turned out to be scam?

How can I forget the help nairalanders offered for my baby Brian in giving him a second chance to life. If not for nairalanders that stood by us, where would have the baby being today?

SEUN LAST TIME I CHECKED IT'S BUSINESS SECTIONS THAT HAS SCAM SO IF U SAYING NO HELP SHOULD BE RENDERED THEN U CAN AS WELL CLOSE DOWN ANY FORM OF BUSINESS HERE ON NAIRALAND COS THAT'S THE MAIN PLACE SCAM OCCURS.

OR SEUN PIN POINT TO ME IF ANY ONE THAT NEEDED MEDICAL CASE OR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TURNED OUT TO BE A SCAM? angry

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Longman313(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
no no,for somebody to ask for help from this forum he or she is totally in mess,cause nairaland is fill wit intelegent people they are not easy to scam so think twice bros.you should even be happy that people are getting help from here if you dont want to give dont deprive others dat want 2

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun I don really confirm say you nor really get sense. Skul drop out by the way I'm not surprised. Well like ban me. Don't give a F!!! K? Good.

4 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by cyprus000: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
[size=13pt][b]
They have said it all.

But let me give my input.

I cyprus000 'one'of nairaland. "Okala madu okala mou" strongly object to such radical imposition.

And I want to state that I will take this case to ICC, if you decide to impose this rule.
Cos that's an infringment of article 10 and 11 of human right law.
Not only infringment of article 10 and 11. but also article 18,cos you are dictating what philanthropist on this site should believe.

Article 1Right to Equality
Article 2Freedom from Discrimination
Article 3Right to Life, Liberty, Personal Security
Article 4Freedom from Slavery
Article 5Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
Article 6Right to Recognition as a Person before the Law
Article 7Right to Equality before the Law
Article 8Right to Remedy by Competent Tribunal
Article 9Freedom from Arbitrary Arrest and Exile
Article 10Right to Fair Public Hearing
Article 11Right to be Considered Innocent until Proven Guilty
Article 12Freedom from Interference with Privacy, Family, Home and Correspondence
Article 13Right to Free Movement in and out of the Country
Article 14Right to Asylum in other Countries from Persecution
Article 15Right to a Nationality and the Freedom to Change It
Article 16Right to Marriage and Family
Article 17Right to Own Property
Article 18Freedom of Belief and Religion
Article 19Freedom of Opinion and Information
Article 20Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association

We shall meet in court if you decide to impose the rulegringrin

[/b][/size]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by nuru6ix(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
It Depends on the reason for begging.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by nex(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun

DO NOT DO IT!

It is time you understood that Nairaland is no longer a website. Nairaland is a communications infrastructure just like Telephony. Imagine MTN saying they will cut off all call in which the caller is asking for money, or that they will block delivery of all SMSes which have content asking for money.

Of course GSM lines are being used everyday to scam Nigerians, and the operators are aware, but the measures they are putting in place include registration of phone numbers. Now, what I can suggest to you, Seun, In that line, is that Nairaland should ask EVERY Member to verify their membership using a phone number. This way scams can be reported to law enforcement agencies, and criminals can be caught, and that will deter others. Spammers can also be more easily muted using their verified registered phone number, and they won't be able to use it to open another account on Nairaland.

As much as I do not use Nairaland to seek for funds in anyway whatsoever, I believe there people who do with genuine causes,and they should not be stopped from access what has now become a social infrastructure just because there are those those who seek funds for dubious reasons on the same infrastructure.

We all know that people have been murdered after being invited over by their Facebook friends, but that has not prompted Facebook to unleash sniffer bots that will stop guys from sending messages to ladies inviting them over to their homes. Facebook is bigger than what it was built to be. It's is now a communications infrastructure for the entire world. Nairaland must think like this!

Will email you this, as I doubt you'll be able to sift it out from the hundreds of messages.

5 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by olu4life(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
edwife:
Lol Seun,

I don't think it is necessary to do this.Many blogs in Nigeria give away gifts and render help by the owners themselves and the blog visitors.

Why do you want to deprive people with genuine needs to receive help from nairalanders?

Why do you always have an objection when it comes to donation or anything regarding funds?Not everyone is stingy you know?

Some of us like helping and if we get burn for it,we should blame ourself but nobody else,that is why we always ask for verifications.
My sister u couldn't have said it better. I have never ever seen SEUN get involved in any charitable case rather turn deaf ears to them most times. And those willing to help are doing it out of their personal will. IT IS THEIR MONEY AND EFFORT NOT URS. GO TO BUSINESS SECTION AND STOP THE SCAM. AND WHY AREN'T U GIVING TEHN THE RIGHT TO VERIFY WHEN NEEDED angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by ilo04(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
seun, there is another rule u should enforce not this one
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by ifyalways(f): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
I think this is an infringment on our e-life!

The most you should do is to ban or disassociate yourself/ website from Tehn, which I understand you've done. You have no further right to ban anyone for soliciting for help or giving.

2 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by anigbajumo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
Shebi na mumu person gonna pay dat kind money,@Oga @d top abeg free dem jhor
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by olu4life(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
By the way SEUN do u think people are happy coming here for help? Do u think they haven't tried all personal means before coming here? Go through my baby's thread and see how we exhausted all means until I was forced to bring it to nairaland to help us out. Think of the life u are saving. I am yet to see u do any charitable act seun, yes I'm calling u out.

If it's because of this I will get banned for the first time since 2007,then I don't mind cos I know I spoke the right thing angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by free2ryhme: 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
mezebel:
with the rate of globalization and technology,I do not think my opinion is totally lame.

Keep deceiving ursef

Nothing useful ever will come of it
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Longman313(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
otiigba1:
I think almost every one on here agrees not to ban begging on nairaland, just incase they may need financial help from nairalanders one day. grin
funny
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by olowookerekemi(f): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
We have no really reliable way of distinguishing between genuine needs and those that are not genuine, so I would appeal to people with such needs to rely on other channels of support such as their family members , friends, and churches.
d genuine ones shd jst provide der evidence of wat dey wont to use d mony for..and nt family members mayb willng to gv
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by blesoh(f): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hell no,if u cant give then dont stop others,if pple come here to scam then let God be d judge.

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by dominique(f): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
True nairaland is not an NGO and it was not established to solicit for funds. However it has become more than just a forum, it is now a community. In a community we have different strata of people, some of whom are truly in need. Do we turn our backs against such people even if we are in a position to assist them? Sadly there are con artists who bring up ingenuine cases but experienced nairalanders can detect such prank within minutes. Besides, no one is forcing anyone to donate. You donate on your own freewill and even if it's eventually revealed that such cause was ingenuine, I don't see it affecting the reputation of nairaland in anyway.

Please Seun reconsider this motion. May we never encounter problems beyond our capabilities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Dannyset(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
I don't know the kind of begging Mr Seun is talking about, but am sure is not the type everybody is castigating him on.
For me, if it's helping the needy and not scam, His Royal Highest Seun should remember mercy in judgement. Giving is an avenue to be blessed also, so don't deny they giver as well as the needy.
LET'S ALSO HAVE YOUR CONCLUSION ON FP
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by ify84(m): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ban it... But allow raising funds for health related money, especially for operation in Nigeria and oversea... All other request for money should not be allowed on forum. And for all health request, before being sent to front page, nairaland staffer should be sent to confirm the veracity of such claims, seeing d patient in person and the hospital involved. .. Thank you.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by pinkheartng: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
This is wrong on a fundamental level. From a morality perspective, some might consider it wicked. I don't think it is wise for Mr Seun to be putting statements like this about. Whatever his intentions, he comes off as callous and unfeeling. Can anyone imagine Mark Zuckerberg saying people should not ask for help on facebook?! There would be an uproar. In fact, Mr Zuckerberg did quite the opposite. A few weeks ago, facebook launched a donate button to allow just about anyone use the site to access donations. Twitter has also launched a feature that allow people to collect donations. Paypal is making it easier for just about anyone to receive donations.

In our opinion, Mr Seun's proposal is counterintuitive in the worst possible way. Mrs Itunu's baby is dying and she would certainly have abandoned all hope without people like mutter, tearoses, r1234 etc. These are people she has never met and probably will never meet. And you want to stop all of that? For what? So we can talk about what Kim Kadashian wore today or yesterday?

We think Mr Seun should be proud that people are using his forum to help others ans save lives. Nairaland doesn't have serious competition now. This is just the kind of thing your competition needs to kick you out of business.

For all those shouting ban, ban, ban. Life is full of problems. Tomorrow you could be the one who needs donations. Think about that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Bigsteveg(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
thinkdip:
why should it be banned? when there are people who are capable of helping and are ready, why should you make a rule to stop people given help on a large forum like this, I pray you don't fall into a terrible problem where Nairaland family will be your last option for fund.. then you'll realise you single-handedly dashed your hope....
well I am not surprised too, since the "owner" of this forum shows less charitable spirit towards helping people in need.

N.B: If you can't help people, then don't stop other people from helping (let the giver be the judge)

People have abused the privilege, now scamming people in the name of begging. I agree partially with seun, only that it should be checked.

Nigerians sabi abuse opportunity.

Back to ur claim that seun doesn't help, I must say, he owe u or nobody any favour. It's by choice, brother or ure a sister, go work for ur money and stop believing people will give u money. They can only teach u how to fish, not be giving u fish like say na seun born u. Perhaps, maybe there's a way he give back to the society that ure not aware of. Must every donation be on a blog like that of Linda ikeji.

People who say d words u typed...I do tell them to get a life, but I want to believe u didn't really give it a tot b4 typing.
It is well
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by sagbar(m): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
May be Seun is planning to close down the forum. What is the purpose of a forum if not to engage in meaningful discussions, offer suggestions, seek for knowledge and all that. All these cannot be done in isolation without people seeking for one help or the other monetary-wise.The act of charity is very voluntary as it does not involves any deal, i'm sure the giver will not break bank in helping the taker. Please you need to have human feelings for the people that needs help in this forum as fingers are not equal.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by shankie: 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
if the rule is pass nt to seek money on #land, it will affect some pipu and if it is allow it will still help so pipu, so tbis is my judgement

banned the fucking begger
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Moneyyy: 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Canme4u(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun is still thinking Nairaland is like Naijaloaded.

I think its high time you start thinking BIG.

Wetin concern Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ about someone scamming someone?

You may be the Nairaland pioneer but I think Nairaland is very bigger than you or your opinion alone. We have members here all over the world.

My stand on this issue is simple cos you have made it clear on your disclaimer that every members are solely responsible for whatever they post or upload.
Let this also be their responsibility.

In Metu's voice " Seun want to be terrorising us officially"
grin grin grin grin
abeg let the donation be at giver's discretion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by tobe4real(m): 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
hmmm i never knew people ask for money on here..i tot it was just all about gossips and gists..i'm stale sha
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by jaybee3(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seriously shaking my head

All is well

3 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by mbulela: 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
Pidggin:

You are not being fair on Seun, please take it easy the man only asked for our opinion he could have done whatever he wanted to do without letting you know. Have you ever been scammed before? i guess not, if you have your perspective will change. NL is someone's business, yes it's a community, but he owes it to us to create a safe forum. Yes we want to help people, but how do you genuinely verify cases? I personally saw a post where someone was asking for help, i was interested, but after checking i discovered the person was not genuine(health forum). Maybe if Seun and the mods can find a way of verifying cases it will be good, but that means giving them more work.

Seun faces important issues and chases mundane things.
Just like you investigated, anyone who wants to give should investigate before giving.
Some people even know the person asking is lying yet choose to give.
Do you think we do not know that some of the beggars on the road are lying? Do you investigate all before giving?
Seun has bigger messes on the site and he wastes our time with folks soliciting for funds?
What of the scammers marketing their wares here?
What of teenage ethnic jingoists littering the entire forum?

Seun is misguided.
However, it is his forum so he can do as he so chooses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

Cost Of Newspaper Publication For New NGO / 5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! / 50+ Free Facebook Accounts And Passwords 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.