Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says (39118 Views)

Soyinka: "Why Is President Buhari Hiding His State Of Health?" / Thieves Stole My N12Million Cash, Saraki Says - Premium Times / Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by emamos: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
The embattled Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has denied going into hiding to evade police arrest over the corruption charges he is facing before the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
He also denied planning to defect from the All Progressives Congress, APC, on whose platform he won the March 28 poll to the upper legislative chamber.
The Tribunal had on Friday ordered the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, to arrest Mr. Saraki and produce him on Monday following the failure of the Senate President to appear before it to answer a 13-count criminal charge preferred against him by the Federal Ministry of Justice.
The senate president, through his lawyers, however approached the Court of Appeal immediately, requesting it to set aside the order for his arrest.
The media aide to Senate President, Yusuph Olaniyonu, told PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview on Sunday that the senate president was not in hiding as being speculated, but merely travelled to his home town in Ilorin.
He explained that Mr. Saraki, who represents Kwara Central Senatorial District, made the trip to calm tension that had built up among his constituents and attend to other engagements.
“How can he be hiding? He travelled to Ilorin to pray and calm frayed nerves and attend to some engagement,” Mr. Olaniyonu said.
“He will return today (Sunday) to the Guest House to which he moved when a section of his house got burnt some weeks ago. You know he moved to the Guest house before the issue of Code of Conduct arose and so it was not because of the issue he moved.”
Mr. Olaniyonu said he was not aware that a bench warrant had been issued though he could not confirm if the senate president would appear before the Tribunal on Monday.
According to him, it is only Mr. Saraki’s lawyers that could provide answer to that. He said the matter may come up at the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the CCT on Monday.
The senate president, while responding to questions on his official Twitter handle, denied planning to defect to the Peoples Democratic Party, to which he belonged until early 2014.
Mr. Saraki was alleged to be planning to dump the APC after stripping the party’s name from his twitter bio.
“I remain a card-carrying member of my dear party. But I’m also honoured to serve as Senate President of all Senators,” he said in a terse statement on the twitter handle.
Meanwhile, the Ilorin Emirate Descendant Progressive Union has described the current travails of Mr Saraki as “purely politically motivated.”
The National President of the IEDPU, Abdulhamid Adi, who stated this on Sunday, wondered why the Code of Conduct Bureau failed to raise any issue concerning the Senate President’s asset declaration forms since 2003.
“I see it more or less a political persecution. It is purely political. Maybe there are some political opponents that are trying to get at him,” he said.
Mr. Adi admonished the CCB not to allow itself to be used to achieve certain political gain but instead do its jobs without external influence.
He stated that Mr. Saraki, who is the Turaki of Ilorin, is the first son of the Ilorin Emirate and Kwara State in general, to emerge Senate President and therefore expressed solidarity with him.
Mr. Adi stressed, “We believe he will come out of it. You are presumed innocent until proven otherwise.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190374-im-not-in-hiding-saraki-says.html
lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by McCarlito(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
emamos:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190374-im-not-in-hiding-saraki-says.html
Naaah!!!! He's not hiding cool cool

He's just playing "Hide and Seek" grin grin grin grin grin

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Kundagarten: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
The media aide to Senate President, Yusuph Olaniyonu, told PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview on Sunday that the senate president was not in hiding as being speculated, but merely travelled to his home town in Ilorin.
He explained that Mr. Saraki, who represents Kwara Central Senatorial District, made the trip to calm tension that had built up among his constituents and attend to other engagements.

If you read Tinubu paper and watch his TV you'd think Saraki is holed up at kirikiri.

Saraki says no shaking with the above statement.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by 989900: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
“How can he be hiding? He travelled to Ilorin to pray and calm frayed nerves and attend to some engagement,”

To see his 'alfas'.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
We already know that!! Dont mind the useless Tinubu's mouthpiece called The Nation Newspaper.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by bigtt76(f): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Then be a man and show up in Court tomorrow! grin I hope Buruji is watching.... hin corn must soak done ready for planting tongue

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by jhydebaba(m): 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
He is not hiding. He traveled to consult the gods.

#awonafawanilorin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Kundagarten:

If you read Tinubu paper and watch his TV you'd think Sraki is holed up at kirikiri.

Saraki says no shaking with the above statement.

The way they were rejoicing after the CCT issued the arrest order one might even begin to think Saraki has been removed as the SP

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by BALLOSKI: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
saraki , I just de look you like this.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by BALLOSKI: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:
We already know that!! Dont mind the useless Tinubu's mouthpiece called The Nation Newspaper.
he's not hiding and he's nowhere near the court on Friday.

breaking news: saraki is hiding in pa chukwudi's rickety wardrobe.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by bettercreature(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki days are numbered

7 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by BALLOSKI: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
Straight outta kwarapshin!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:
Saraki days are numbered

You have been saying this since June.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by sammyj: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki should stop playing to the gallery, respect and better present himself to the tribunal tomorrow Shikena! !! angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by bettercreature(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

You have been saying this since June.
Let's bet it,i'm very sure this time!he has just this week left

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by baralatie(m): 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
sammyj:
Saraki should stop playing to the gallery, respect and better present himself to the tribunal tomorrow Shikena! !! angry
there are three court cases tomorrow
FHC
COA
CCT

so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by BALLOSKI: 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:
fact!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by coolitempa(f): 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:

If saraki survives till the end of this month, I promise to relocate to Enugu........for one year..... cheesy...saraki is a goner... cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by chefremy(m): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
why will he say he is hiding,he will deny it.
McCarlito:

Naaah!!!! He's not hiding cool cool
He's just playing "Hide and Seek" grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by BCJAY(f): 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
You are not hiding and nobody is seeing you, why don't you show up and clear the issue on ground instead of giving the upper chamber legislative embarrassment internationally. Since you have no skeleton come out and defend yourself and the exalted position you want to stay glued to, but remember you cant eat your cake and have it.

10 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:

grin grin grin You seriously expect the CCT to conclude their case next week? You are astonishing ignorant of how the court process works dear. Saraki would challenge their jurisdiction to try him up to the supreme court before even the trial proper starts.If he loses, he would still appeal whatever unfavorable judgement is handed over up to the supreme court as well. If they finish this case in two years then they are very fast

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Johnnyessence(m): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
saraki cannot escape it he thinks by going to imams and alfa in ilorin will save him no not really he won't ecape his removal from the senate seat cos' God is against corruption.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Johnnyessence:
saraki cannot escape it he thinks by going to imams and alfa in ilorin will save him no not really he won't ecape his removal from the senate seat cos' God is against corruption.
Thank God you know God does not support WAEC certificate forgers

11 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by bettercreature(m): 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin You seriously expect the CCT to conclude their case next week? You are astonishing ignorant of how the court process works dear. Saraki would challenge their jurisdiction to try him up to the supreme court before even the trial proper starts.If he loses, he would still appeal whatever unfavorable judgement is handed over up to the supreme court as well. If they finish this case in two years then they are very fast
You dont get it,CCT will pass their judgement first(1) they will tell Saraki to vacate the seat with immediatly effect,then saraki will vacate the seat and go to supreme court or whatever,or have you ever seen a suspect going to supreme court or appeal court without verdict at high court or any court before

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by baralatie(m): 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:
You dont get it,CCT will pass their judgement first(1) they will tell Saraki to vacate the seat with immediatly effect,then saraki will vacate the seat and go to supreme court or whatever,or have you ever seen a suspect going to supreme court or appeal court without verdict at high court or any court before
you don't get it,what ever rule will not hold. it will be st aside.just like the inec tribunals.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:
Lolz funny dude!! The law dosent work that way dear!! The status quo is maintained until the final courts rule.
That is why Governors, senators etc do not lose their seats immediately the election tribunals rule until the judgements are affirmed by the higher courts!! Better brace up dear. You will still see Saraki as Senate President for a very very long time.

13 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by bettercreature(m): 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz funny dude!! The law dosent work that way dear!! The status quo is maintained until the final courts rule.
That is why Governors, senators etc do not lose their seats immediately the election tribunals rule until the judgements are affirmed by the higher courts!! Better brace up dear. You will still see Saraki as Senate President for a very very long time.
Just wait and see saraki might not go back home tommorow

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
bettercreature:
Just wait and see saraki might not go back home tommorow
.lolz CCT has no powers to send anyone to jail dear!! Saraki will still be in his chambers tomorrow evening

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by baralatie(m): 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
^^^
unless the trial judge go against every rule of law and the authority of the court.
it will be a big win for saraki if the trial judge should toes such route

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Johnnyessence(m): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Thank God you know God does not support WAEC certificate forgers
pls and pls who's presenting waec forgery result hmmmm if u are refering to pmb u are making a mistake hmmm. as of today pmb is best president we av ever see thus far going to imams and alfas won't save saraki he will remove quote me hmm cos' he's guilty of corruption he's a thief and should be jailed.

7 Likes

Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by sammyj: 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
CCT of course
baralatie:

there are three court cases tomorrow
FHC
COA
CCT

so?
Re: I’m Not In Hiding, Saraki Says by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
Johnnyessence:
pls and pls who's presenting waec forgery result hmmmm if u are refering to pmb u are making a mistake hmmm. as of today pmb is best president we av ever see thus far going to imams and alfas won't save saraki he will remove quote me hmm cos' he's guilty of corruption he's a thief and should be jailed.
So Buhari is free to forge WAEC certificate then? Your hypocrisy stinks

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) / Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) / "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.