Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

"You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan (39121 Views)

Obasanjo Slams NOUN VC, Says I Offer Free Service / Obasanjo Slams Buhari Again, Says President Is Sick In The Spirit, Body And Soul / Biafra: You Warned Us But We Didn't Listen, Now We Have Seen- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by aminulive: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
Former president, Chief Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo has verbally bitten into his successor, Goodluck Jonathan over his failure to heed advice.

OBJ, while speaking at the launch of ‘Making Africa Work’, a book he co-authored, blasted Jonathan over his failed promises to Nigerians, especially the promise of generating 40,000 MegaWatts of electricity.

When asked why implementation of Ideas has been a major issue in Nigeria, Obasanjo had this to say;

"The problem with governments is that they don’t want to engage in continuity.A government will be sworn in and the next thing you hear is ‘we are the first to, we will be the first to’ do this and that. So I do ask myself, what do these ones want to do that hasn’t been done.Before I left government, I formed a team and sent them to different parts of the world to understudy development of countries doing well.

They came back, gave their report and we formed National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS). We also had States and Local chapters. When Jonathan came in, they abandoned the programme. I was looking.

Again, before I left, we were able to generate 4,000MW of electricity. We had laid out a plan to increase to 10,000MW in subsequent years. When they Jonathan came, they boasted that they will generate 40,000MW in 4 years. I said what! 40,000MW? Do these people even know what they are are talking about?

I thought I should intervene by reminding them that I left a plan that could generate 10,000MW which is more realistic. Then I sent someone, who I won’t disclose, to Jonathan. I said go and lecture this man. Let him know what is possible and what is not, so they don’t keep deceiving him.

He still didn’t hear. At the end, he failed Nigerians on that promise and others he made. How many megawatts did Nigeria have when he left office. It was actually lower if you compare to what I left in 2007."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/08/02/failed-nigerians-didnt-listen-obj-jibes-jonathan/

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by medolab90(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
FTC

OBJ aka Mr ugly should keep quiet u all failed us .by the way I heard bubu is coming back Na true

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Luckylife(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Both you listen and did the worst .

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Obj it's u that pass Nigeria abi? U have every opportunity to transform Nigeria to a better country as the first elected civilian president but u destroyed it with ur greed.u 're here claiming saints.all of u 're dsame stop fooling the masses.

260 Likes 18 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Chubhie: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Same thing Gej would say to buhari.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Isoko1stSon(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Obj Talking, Wen An Armed Robery Start's criticizing A kidnapper !!!

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by mekaboy(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
Lol.what about the absentee photographically elected president?

55 Likes

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by clarocuzioo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
The same power you wasted about $16 billion on, OBJ shame on you, all you politicians are the same, stop forming a saint and an elderstateman, as you are just a common criminal like you fellow politicians.

182 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Funny enough it was Yaradua and not GEJ that abandoned these plans. OBJ loves picking on GEJ because he knows that GEJ is a meek person. The same man talking anyhow today could not utter a word against Yaradua when he was reversing his policies neither can he criticize Buhari openly today.

252 Likes 21 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by massinola(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
And why did you fail Baba?

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by ChangetheChange: 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin grin grin

Obasanjo u urself failed mankind

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by rozayx5(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Obj should just shut up. Gorilla blew. Billions on non existent power projects
Let him focus on the illiterate plaguing Nigeria. Which he supported

A fool like him who slept with his daughter in law shameless idiot

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by nototribalist: 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Just imagine Obasanjo that should be in jail. Obasanjo is the pioneer of curruption in Nigeria

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by owaeghianye(m): 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
ok
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Annie2059: 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
hmmm. ..onset of insanity

4 Likes

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by muller101(m): 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Matthew aremu.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by OBAGADAFFI: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
He actually listened, but to the wrong poeple.

GEJ lost due to the secret One-term agreement he had with OBJ and co.

13 Likes

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by henryutd(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Obj is a mistake. A prison material.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
This is one reason why my respect for GEJ keeps increasing per second.
Since he peacefully and respectfully left power for the do-or-die, we-must-rule change-ranting-cowards, who threatened fire and brimstone if they lose the elections .. and ended up turning the country into theatre-of-confusion... I am yet to hear GEJ talk bad about this government. Have you
But yet, he keeps receiving bashes from both his predecessors and successor. Am sure the president in 2030 would still be blaming GEJ for his own failure. That is if this evil matrimony will exist till that time.

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Lexusgs430: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Did OBJ listen to Nigerian's & Nigeria?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by ybalogs(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kettle calling the pot black.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by newbornmacho(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
God punish obasanjo

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by point5: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
OBJ is a disgrace to this country...quote me anywhere anytime..

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by oake(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
False! Na u no fail Nigerians?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by ybalogs(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Did anybody ever say Obasanjo didn't fail Nigerians?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
Yoruba's are devil. Between obj and Jonathan who fail Nigeria the most?
We are where we are today because of corruption obj. He brought us into this mess. God will wipe away entire sw .

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by orch4real(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
OBJ is a scam to nigeria politics undecided

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Lol. You know, Obasanjo has a way of shooting straight no matter whose ox is gored.

What I don't just like about him is his 'messiah mentality'.

The reasoning that he's better than every other person and that if its not him, nobody else.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by strangest(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Mtcheww

TRIBUNE

We have evidence that OBJ spent $12.9bn on power – Reps

Bola Badmus, Abuja – 10.03.2008

IN spite of the insistence of some former functionaries of the Obasanjo administration that $10 billion and not $16 billon was spent on the power sector between 1999 and 2007, House of Representatives Committee on Power and Steel said at the weekend that it had already ascertained that at least $12.93 billion was spent.

Speaker, House of Representatives, Honourable Oladimeji Bankole, had disclosed that $16 billion was indeed spent on the power sector by the administration of the former president without any result.

His disclosure contradicted that of President Umaru Yar’Adua who had told a visiting World Bank team that Obasanjo expended $10 billion on that sector which failed to produce the desired results. The House Committee on Power and Steel, which is investigating where the money went into, said it had been able to find out from its own preliminary investigations that $12.93 billion was already released and sunk into the power sector during the administration.

Chairman of the House Committee, Honourable Godwin Elumelu, made the disclosure while speaking with newsmen shortly after he received a delegation from Iranian Transfo led by Parviz Ghaenmaghani, who was seeking to partner with Nigeria on power reform agenda.

Officials of government and supporters of the former president had claimed that the supplementary budget of $4 billion was approved but never released for spending. Elumelu said with the preliminary findings showing that $12.93 billion was released for spending, it was certain that $16 billion was the actual money released and spent on the power sector by former President Obasanjo.

He said it was the resolve of the committee that the difference between $16 billion and $12.93 billion would be located, saying those who collected the money would have to account for it. Giving a breakdown of how the $12.93 billion already traced by the committee through its preliminary findings was distributed, Elemelu said the Ministry of Power received $10 million, Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) $3.2 billion and internally generated $4.06 billion while the Nigeria Independent Power Plants was given $3.07 billion.

According to the committee chairman, the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) received $500 million, Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN) took $10 m[img][/img]illion and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Joint Venture consisting of AGIP, Chevron, Elf and Mobil contributed $1.62 billion.

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20080310002655zg/nm-projects/energy-development-project/we-have-evidence-that-obj-spent-12-9bn-on-power-reps/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by magoo10(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Old criminal talking
father of corruption.
where is buhari that listened to you?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by ybalogs(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Baba should just free Jonah nah, both of una don try. It's for us to decide if you did well or failed. Leaders shouldn't go about attacking themselves.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Reacts On Question Asked About Okonjo Iweala / Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.