Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech (25594 Views)

Kerry Washington Wishes Uzo Aduba 'happy Birthday' In Igbo / Lawal Dolapo Accuses Yemi Solade Of Demanding Sex From Her For Role. He Reacts / Yomi Fabiyi In Sex For Role Scandal As Eniola Omoshalewa Eunice Accuses Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by vorigan: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2015

Uzo Aduba's winning streak is not over.

The Orange Is the New Black star had a strong year last year, bringing home a number of awards for her role as "Crazy Eyes" on the hit Netflix series, and it looks like this year may be her year, too.

Aduba won Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama (this is the first year the show switched to drama from comedy), her second consecutive Emmy win, and she didn't even try to hold back the tears.

So, yeah, we were getting a little teary-eyed, too.

"I really just want to say thank you a thousand times. If I could say thank you a thousand times, it would not be enough to cover the amount of thanks I feel for you, Jenji Kohan. I love you so much," Aduba began.

"I thank you for putting belief back in my heart. Thanks for making the show, creating the platform. Thank you to our family at Netflix and Lionsgate. You are incredible. I love you so much for your kindness."

After a list of more thank-yous, the actress concluded with, "I love you guys and I'm so thankful to stand beside a set of artists who are so brilliant. I want to say thank you to our team, my team that I work with...you guys are incredible and I love you mostly because you let me be me.

"And finally, I really just want to say thank you to my family who have stood beside me my entire life. My sister, Chi Chi, you are my very best friend. I am humbled to call myself your sister. I love you so much. Thank you to the academy. Thank you to our fellow actors. Just thank you very much. God bless you."

http://fr.eonline.com/news/697903/orange-is-the-new-black-s-uzo-aduba-couldn-t-hold-back-the-tears-when-accepting-her-second-emmy-win

12 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by chocolateme(f): 8:09am On Sep 21, 2015
Congratulations
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Built2last: 8:10am On Sep 21, 2015
nice
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by freshness2020: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2015
nice one...
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by warrior01: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2015
Igbos are indeed a special race. Anywhere they are found, they tend to excel. Kudos guys

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Obijulius: 8:30am On Sep 21, 2015
IGBO again. My great people.

Lols.

Some people will not move this to front page.

Well, deal with it. We can't help putting you guys where you belong.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by yang(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2015
Kudos to another Biafran Lady

Chujwu gozie gi

Biafra is here

35 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by AustineE1: 9:27am On Sep 21, 2015
Kudos to Uzoamaka Nwa,Adaora,Ada neri ukwu Anu,ojemba ndigbo....chukwudube gi!!!

25 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by SirLegal(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2015
Love this Girl.

My "Crazy eyes".
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by SirLegal(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2015
Love this Girl.

My "Crazy eyes".
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Balkan(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2015
Why always Igbos everywhere you go.
If this was organised in Nigeria she will never had
Won anything.

Hands can never cover the moon from giving
Out light. " Aka ekpuchi onwa"

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by manchy7531: 10:22am On Sep 21, 2015

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by IGBOSON1: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2015
Buruji!? undecided

Have they brought out a movie on the trails and tribulation of Buruji kashamu already.....or am i barking up the wrong tree here? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by vorigan: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Buruji!? undecided

Have they brought out a movie on the trails and tribulation of Buruji kashamu already.....or am i barking up the wrong tree here? undecided

. . . . .not a movie, a drama series . . . . .orange is the new black

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Bobbystanley(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2015
Igbo people are never tired of making the igbo tribe Proud.

In my next life, I would still be an Igbo man.

Igbo Amaka.

Ndi chukwu goziri agozi.. Nne uzo gi Amaka

26 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Masterclass32: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2015
Congratulations sister. I see more awards coming.
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by hemartins(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
2nd picture makes me wonder?

is she a Man ?

4 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by idari: 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
I rep Igbo both now and in d next world, am proud to be an Igbo man,we are special gift from God to humanity

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by b0y(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
No offence but She kinda looks like a transsexual. Or is it just me

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by jmoore(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2015

That's what I am talking about. smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
Okay... Good
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by biggz82: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dis na man or woman

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by olaolulazio(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yiboo shemaleeee

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by cao(f): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
Of course, NL did not waste time to remind us of her Nigerian heritage...

3 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by SeunSpy(m): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
She beat Kerry Washington and Taraji...mehn she good

4 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by kay29000(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yea, she is a real Method Actor...Her performance is intense and brilliant. Congrats on the win "crazy eyes."

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by damton(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
But the girl ugly. although her achievement is beautiful

7 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by okooloyun1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by morereb10: 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Woooooow, congratulopia

See my signature jo
Re: Uzoamaka Aduba Wins Emmy For Role In "Buruji" Drama, Gives Inspirational Speech by cao(f): 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
SeunSpy:
She beat Kerry Washington and Taraji...mehn she good
Actually, she beat these women:
Christine Baranski - The Good Wife
Emilia Clarke - Game of Thrones
Joanne Froggatt - Downton Abbey
Lena Headey - Game of Thrones
Christina Hendricks - Mad Men

She was nominated for best supporting actress in drama, not the lead actress. The one that won that particular award was Viola Davis. In fact Kerry wasn't nominated at all.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father's Day: Uche Jombo Shares Cute Photo Of Her Husband & Son / Tunde Owokoniran Welcomes A New Born Baby / AY Insults Basketmouth On Twitter!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.