Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

US Republican Hopeful Ben Carson: No Muslims As President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Republican Hopeful Ben Carson: No Muslims As President (566 Views)

Grace Mugabe Announces Herself As President / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

US Republican Hopeful Ben Carson: No Muslims As President by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2015
World renowned neuro Surgeon Ben Carson is not mincing words in expressing his opinions on Islam

US Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson says he does not believe a Muslim should become president.
"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," he told NBC's Meet The Press.
The retired neurosurgeon has been running high in the polls.
It follows widespread condemnation of Republican frontrunner Donald Trump's failure to correct a supporter who said President Barack Obama was a Muslim.
But Mr Trump, who has come under pressure from both Democrats and Republicans to apologise, says it was "not his job" to defend President Obama.
Islam inconsistent with constitution
One of the business mogul's main opponents, Ben Carson, hit the headlines on Sunday after he told NBC TV that Muslims were unfit to be president.
He said he believed the president's faith should be consistent with the US constitution. Asked if he considered Islam to be consistent, he said: "No, I do not."
Mr Trump faced mounting criticism last week for failing to challenge a comment by one of his supporters, who said President Obama "was a Muslim" and "not even American".
The man also went on to say: "We have a problem in this country - it's called Muslims."
President Obama, who has spoken openly about his Christian faith, was born to an American mother and Kenyan father in Hawaii.
But Mr Trump has been one of the leading sceptics, challenging Mr Obama in 2011 to produce his birth certificate to disprove rumours that he was born in Kenya, which the president did.
Ben Carson was asked in the NBC interview on Sunday whether he thought President Obama was born in the United States and is a Christian, to which he responded: "I believe that he is. I have no reason to doubt what he says."
One of the latest polls, run by CNN/ORC, shows Mr Carson has slipped into third place in the Republican race, trailing behind former Hewlett-Packard chief Carly Fiorina in second place and Mr Trump, who has consistently remained ahead of the pack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34308716?ocid=socialflow_twitter
Re: US Republican Hopeful Ben Carson: No Muslims As President by Seun(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: US Republican Hopeful Ben Carson: No Muslims As President by Sveen: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Already on FP.
Re: US Republican Hopeful Ben Carson: No Muslims As President by Seun(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Sveen:
Already on FP.
Hence the link

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

No, Thanks! Iraq Rules Out Need For US Ground Operation / Lets Discuss United States Navy Carriers / Czech Republic's Leaders Agree On New Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.