Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] (27981 Views)

Saraki In The Dock At Code Of Conduct Tribunal — LIVE UPDATES / Photos from Saraki’s trial at Code of Conduct Tribunal / Benue South Tribunal: David Mark In Court, Refuses To Enter Witness Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by liverpoolfc4life(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2015
Tinubu at work, odale balelo
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Bobbystanley(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2015
SARAKI Is on his way to Kuje prison already.
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by nonsomu(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2015
lipsrsealed saraki: I wan to sfeak with my coach because....smiley I wan flay 2nd haf!
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2015
Op are u sure
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by jt2damoney(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2015
ok na

Get $20 immediately u register.Its real and easy.Use the link on my signature
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by dokJ: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2015
alright. let's give him 30mins grace.
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by henchamb(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2015
The judge called saraki a layman while his fat lawyer is lying
He called osinbajo mere commissioner while the judge called him layman(illiterate) on the face of the law
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by sweetgala(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2015
freedom96:
If saraki is eventually unseated,whos gonna be our senate president?Someone enlight us please.What does the law say?

Ekweremadu would undertake the duty of the Senate president in his absence until the house decides to either confirm him as the SP or select another individual by majority vote.
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by suxkill: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2015
lwkm,Saraki went to toilet!!!
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by USATrucks: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2015
boolet:

fraud alert!

Don't say what you don't know....

Details has been given here https://www.nairaland.com/2611970/invest-1m-nollywood-movies-make
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by chacoonder(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2015
He just have to be there unless he wants to experience what Tafa Balogun experienced under Ribadu...
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by ogaJona(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2015
the witch hunt trial begins today
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Delafruita(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2015
freedom96:
If saraki is eventually unseated,whos gonna be our senate president?Someone enlight us please.What does the law say?
the clerk will act as president pro tempore who will preside over the election of a new senate president
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by kujix101(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2015
freedom96:

The senate will elect another president. Evan Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo and Adolphus Wagbara vacated the seat under similar circumstances in the past
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by lonelydora: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2015
idari:
It will be an insult to Nigeria as a whole if saraki is not arrested,because no one is above d law,I wonder how those to be probed in future will react if Saraki eventually didn't show up

His case is a litmus test for other politicians. If Nigeria miss it now, we will forever be missing it.
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by hansad: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2015
Nigeria has a multi-party legislature which elected its leaders. But because of President Buhari and his henchmen's maneuvers, this legislature has remained dysfunctional in the last four months.

Buhari acts as if he came to power through military coup. Buhari has presided over Nigeria for four months without ministers. He now wants to completely paralyze the legislature to enable him be a full-blown dictator - like Idi Amin.

Talk of Saraki and CCB is mere political witch hunt; though Saraki might not be free from corruption - like many political players in Nigeria..

Is this the change Nigerians chanted for?

3 Likes

Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by ajepako(f): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2015
freedom96:

Barcanista and Passingshot..

Take your pick..

That way, they stop going for each other's throats on Nairaland,, grin grin
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by sweetgala(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2015
Built2last:
what da fvck was CCB and CCT doing since 2005 when this asset was falsely declared.

thats gross incompetence on their part. more reason i am seeing it as a script.

asset decalred 10 years ago, you were to review and publish in one month. this you have not done till 10 years after, and you expect me to celebrate your crass incompetence

It is better late than never, I would not denounce the fact this is witch-hunt but Saraki himself is not an angel , and the families of those who have suffered and in-some cases died because of his fraudulent cornering of public funds need to get justice. This rings same for all looters in the nigerian space be they Fashola, Tinubu , Bankole, David Mark, IBB, GEJ, Oduah, Maduike etc But the fanfare has to start somewhere and Saraki is not a bad place to begin.

Some people make it seem as thou Saraki is a learner, the guy is a bloody Godfather in Kwara and NC, no better than how Tinubu lords over lagos and many SW states. Let two elephants fight one kills the other we'll slay the survivor another day

1 Like

Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by donklef(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2015
Forword your email or number to me
USATrucks:
Corruption.....

Nollywood Movies is very lucrative Business, Even with as low as 1m naira you can get a standard movie and make an additional 1m - 1.5m in less than One Month, No other biz can gaurantee such a huge return in that short period of time.... This is something people have over looked, Ask people Like AY, AMACO Films and Kunle Afolayan How much they make from a single movie...... Only in nollywood you will invest 1m and get 2m and above in less than 1 month..... PM me for more information. (You will Thank me Later)
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Victortee1(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2015
idari:
It will be an insult to Nigeria as a whole if saraki is not arrested,because no one is above d law,I wonder how those to be probed in future will react if Saraki eventually didn't show up
Now u can see that Saraki is above the law. #simple. I argued wit my cousin dat said he has given up on Nigeria as a state... it becoming more obvious that do all u can, kill, steal, Watever u can sha to get into political office, den u are next to God, this country will bleed after today... more precedence will follow!
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by lonelydora: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Shebi,

One Nigga like that said apeal court has Stopped his arrest...

Please I need flight fare to Abuja now #50,000 only..I am the witness they're waiting for...

Bank :: Oceanic Bank
Acc. Nos :: 41908010
Name :: Lilian Lamide Lyon

Thanks,,
For a Corruption free Nigeria..

Please reset your clock and calendar.
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by hinwazaka: 11:58am On Sep 21, 2015
Imagine a court case in which the defendant is unavailable, and day 2 into the trial, both the plaintiff, prosecutor and judge are still arguing jurisdiction and jurisprudence. And in which the judge and the prosecutor are working hand in hand. This case is DOA. This criminal judge will soon choke on the money he was paid.
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Moneyab(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Shebi,

Please I need flight fare to Abuja now #50,000 only..I am the witness they're waiting for...

Thanks,,
"oceanib bank" ke?
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
idari:
Has the president ever turned up for a panel before? he has been invited to a handful but never turned up. Good riddance to rubbish government.
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
His sins shall find him out
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Delafruita(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
sweetgala:

Ekweremadu would undertake the duty of the Senate president in his absence until the house decides to either confirm him as the SP or select another individual by majority vote.
nowhere in the senate standing order of 2007 does it say ekweremadu takes over.section 7 of the senate standing says
" Whenever a vacancy has occurred in the office of the
President of the Senate durng a session , the Clerk shall
report the same to the Senate at its next sitting , and the
Senate shall either forthwith , or at its next Sitting, proceed
to the election of a new President of the Senate in the
manner herein before provided."

the manner herein before provided is the one stated in section 3 subsection 1 and 2a-j stated below

3.-(1) A Senator-elect may, before taking the Oaths
prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria, take part in the election of the
President and Deputy President of the Senate.
(2) The election of the Presidient of the Senate shall be
conducted in the following manner:
(a) a Senator-elect, addressing the Clerk, shal propose
another Senator elect to the Senate to be President of the
Senate and shall move that such Senate-elect “Do take the
chair of the Senate as President of the Senate”.
(b) a Senator-elect when nominated and seconded shall
inform the Senate whether he or she accepts the nomination
. He may then proceed to address the Senate.
(c) the clerk shall then ask “Are there any further
nomination? , and if there are no further nominations, the
Clerk shall say “I declare the nominations closed”. The
Clerk shall then ask “Are there any further nominations, the
Clerk shall then, declare the Senator –elect so proposed and
seconded elected as President of the Senate. Such –elect
shall be conducted to the Chair by the proposer and
seconder of the motion, and shall take the chair of the
president of the Senate.
(d) if more than one Senator elect is proposed as President
of the Senate , the Clerk shall after the second nomination
ask:
“Are there any further nominations?”, and if there are no
further nominations, the Clerk shall say, “I declare the
nominations closed”.
(e) when only two Senators –elect are nominated and
seconded as President of Senate, the election shall be
conducted as follows:
(i) the Senate shall divide with the proposers and seconders
as Tellers.
(ii) voting shall be conducted by the Clerks-at-the-Table
using the Division List of the Senate with the Tellers in
attendance. The Clerk of the Senate shall submit the result
of the division to the Clerk of the National Assembly.
(iii) the Clerk shall then declare the Senator-elect who has
received the greater number of votes elected as Presidents
of Senate.
(f) when more than two Senators –elect are nominated and
seconded as President of the Senate, the division shall be
conducted in the manner prescribed in Section (e) and the
Senator-elect who has received a majority of votes shall be
the President of the Senate. In the event of no Senator
having received a majority of votes in the division , the
name of candidate having the smallest number of votes
shall be excluded from subsequent divisions. A further
division shall take place.
(g) in the event of an equality of votes , the Clerk shall cause
a further division to be held.
(h) this division shall continue until one candidate is
declared elected as President of the Senate by such
majority.
(i) at any time after the result of the first division is declared,
but before the commencement of a second or subsequent
division a candiadate may withdraw his or her name from
the election , which shall then proceed as if such Senator-
elect had not been nominated. Whatever at any stage a
withdrawal leaves only one candidate remaining, such a
candidate shall, without further division, be declared elected
as President of the Senate.
(j) during the election of a President of the Senate, there
shall be no debate and no question of privilege may be
raised.
(k) all Senators-elect shall participate in the nomination and
voting for President and Deputy President of the Senate.
(j) the election of President of the Senate shall take
precedence over all other business and no motion for
adjournment nor any other motion shall be accepted while it
is ppproceeding and the Senate shall continue to meet if
necessary beyond its ordinary daily time of adjournment,
not withstanding any standing or Special Order, until a
President of the Senate is declared."

before the standing order was amended in 2007,a preside t pro tempore will emerge,but now,the clerk acts as president pro tempore.so ekweremadu cannot preside
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
hansad:
Saraki doesn't have to be present before a purely witch hunt court.

It is four months now, Nigeria's legislative arm of government has been dysfunctional, because Buhari wants to be a dictator - as he struggles to "select" who and who shall head the National Assembly.

I Laugh @ ur ignorance cos u alys blame PMB for ur failures.
Chek my hand wrIting SAraki is a gunners And d worst gunners fans fit do is to wail for noting..
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by BCJAY(f): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
This man's heart is hardened like a stone and he wants people to honour his invitation too i doubt it. You are not guilty until proven by the court but by this action i think you know what you are running for. The long arm of the law will get you better go to supreme court too and get injunction against your arrest, as if you are indeed above the law. WAIT O if saraki becomes the president what will happen to Nigeria?
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by HARRYFORD1986: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Shebi,

Thanks,,
I have paid in the 50k, u can tank me later grin
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by ayindejimmy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
idari:
:-XIt will be an insult to Nigeria as a whole if saraki is not arrested,because no one is above d law,I wonder how those to be probed in future will react if Saraki eventually didn't show up. SARAKI MUST GO

I'm highly disappointed. From all indications, this is a let down for me. It shows there are two types of laws in Nigeria.
The one for the rich and powerful and another for the poor common man.

Why wasn't a warrant issued for the arrest?
These people are just playing us like ludo because if this were to be a common man... We all know the police would have arrested him that Friday. Really pathetic
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
would he ever come?
Re: Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] by orontogorah(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
idari:
:-XIt will be an insult to Nigeria as a whole if saraki is not arrested,because no one is above d law,I wonder how those to be probed in future will react if Saraki eventually didn't show up. SARAKI MUST GO
tak it easy my broda u ll hurt ursef oooo..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Apc’s Direct Primaries: Buhari Intervenes To Stop Anti-oshiomhole Rebellion / Forensic Analysis Has Exposed Ganduje’, Anti-Graft Agency Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.