Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,045 members, 7,953,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results (6794 Views)

Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto / First Class, KPMG And Combine O'level Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
Does employers bother about O' level result in one sitting from graduates because one of my of cousin is in 300 level in the university and he is using 2 O' level results
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by haabimbohlar(f): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Some candidate are screened out because of that, some companies don't care, it is just a way of streamlining people.
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ok if I got admission into uni in 2014 but got my WAEC result in one sitting in 2015, will it affect my jobs, for instance xxy grammar school 2015, ABC university 2014-2018, please note that am using 2015 WAEC but got admission into uni 2014
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
sirkolly07:
Ok if I got admission into uni in 2014 but got my WAEC result in one sitting in 2015, will it affect my jobs, for instance xxy grammar school 2015, ABC university 2014-2018, please note that am using 2015 WAEC but got admission into uni 2014
Don't do that, you will only arouse unnecessary suspicion e.g suspicion that you doctored your age or you entered into school with fake certificates.

As much as I know, only few companies use 'one exam sitting' as a criterion for employing graduates and most of those few are big big multinationals.

Friedplantain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by jazinogold(m): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
ogbeni put d year u obtain m Jor

Bsc wailing wailers management 2018

Waec First to comment high school 2014

1 Like

Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by ewoma1989(f): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
I got admitted in 2008 with 2 sitting waec result, I sat for GCE in 2010 bcs I foresaw d future,I filled d GCE form with my real age and made 1 sitting.

Fast foward 2015 smiley graduated wink completed NYSC shocked labour market grin few jobs to many applicants, employers will look for any little thing to screen applicants out.

I attended an interview last month I presented the 2010 GCE certficate, they said I wasn't admitted in to school in 2010, I was asked to bring the olevel I used in gaining admission even if I had jst 1 credit in it, they actually wanted to confirm if I resat because I wanted to change my age and after confirming I didn't change my age , I was screened with d 2010 GCE certificate.

My advice he should rewrite and be truthful in his age when filling d form...

2015 thousands of unemployed graduates, by 2017 when he will probably be in the labour market their will be more unemployed graduates with serious screening of applicants by employers.
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Artistree: 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
sirkolly07:
Does employers bother about O' level result in one sitting from graduates because one of my of cousin is in 300 level in the university and he is using 2 O' level results
Most employers would tell you that your O'level should not be in more dan two sittings.
I have a combined O'level result and it has never been a problem.
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 22, 2015
Artistree:

Most employers would tell you that your O'level should not be in more dan two sittings.
I have a combined O'level result and it has never been a problem.

but those companies you have went for interview have anyone of them tell you to bring your original O'level results that we show your date of birth and the rest. Please whatsapp me this is my number, 07031143686
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 22, 2015
ewoma1989:
I got admitted in 2008 with 2 sitting waec result, I sat for GCE in 2010 bcs I foresaw d future,I filled d GCE form with my real age and made 1 sitting.

Fast foward 2015 smiley graduated wink completed NYSC shocked labour market grin few jobs to many applicants, employers will look for any little thing to screen applicants out.

I attended an interview last month I presented the 2010 GCE certficate, they said I wasn't admitted in to school in 2010, I was asked to bring the olevel I used in gaining admission even if I had jst 1 credit in it, they actually wanted to confirm if I resat because I wanted to change my age and after confirming I didn't change my age , I was screened with d 2010 GCE certificate.

2015 thousands of unemployed graduates, by 2017 when he will probably be in the labour market their will be more unemployed graduates with serious screening of applicants by employers.

Did you apply for the job with ND or your HND because I see that you graduated from yabatech and have you been to any interview that request for O'level in one sitting
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by timilehing(m): 6:10am On Sep 22, 2015
I used combined O'level results for my BSc program & it's never gonna give me problem getting a job
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 22, 2015
Op, please rewrite it if you can... but don't change your age and also keep the old waec result for reference. ..

Your bad waec result could restrict you from many things; job applications, scholarship applications and in some cases masters applications. ..

You don't want to have a good result say 2-1 but be restricted by your bad waec result...
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Artistree: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2015
sirkolly07:

but those companies you have went for interview have anyone of them tell you to bring your original O'level results that we show your date of birth and the rest. Please whatsapp me this is my number, 07031143686
Of course! I've been working for many years now and I have never had any issue with my O'level results.
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by petengine(m): 2:59am On Oct 15, 2015
is it ok to use NECO certificate to apply for job or must it be waec?
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Prudent200: 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2018
ewoma1989:

please am using Neco and i want to know if am looking for a job if they would accept NECO SSCE result please reply?
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Gerrard59(m): 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
Prudent200:
please am using Neco and i want to know if am looking for a job if they would accept NECO SSCE result please reply?

Yes, it'd be accepted. O'level entails WASSCE or SSCE. Just ensure you have at least 5 credits.
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Prudent200: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2018
Gerrard59:

Yes, it'd be accepted. O'level entails WASSCE or SSCE. Just ensure you have at least 5 credits.
what about bank do they accept NECO result
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Twodareel(m): 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
Sometimes No of they want to get real age...neco cert don't include age on it. But the system has changed for neco exam now
Re: Has Any Graduate Rejected For Employment Because Of 2 O'level Results by Shopable: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yes. Access. They only take WAEC

(1) (Reply)

Are You Interested In Part-time Ushering Job / Connect Rail Services Limited Graduate And Exp. Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Job Placement At Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.