Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa (1376 Views)

Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English / For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by BALLOSKI: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
The Special Adviser to Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Political Matters, Hon Charles Idahosa, in this interview, he spoke on wide range of issues.

Excerpts:
Your party is in government at the National level, how will you access the steps so far taken by President Muhammadu Buhari?

I think President Buhari is doing very well and I think he is on course. One thing most Nigerians don’t know is that this is the first man who has become president in Nigeria who wanted to become president. This is the first time we are having a Nigerian President who prepared himself and said I want to be president. He tried three times and got it the fourth time so he has his blueprint and knows what he wants to do, he is just taking his time but Nigerians forget easily.

Shagari said he wanted to become a senator and that they forced him to become a president that he wasn’t ready. Obasanjo, out of his personal wish and desire, he was made a president. Jonathan wanted to concentrate as deputy governor; he didn’t even believe he was deputy governor.

I read about a week or two ago when Donald Duke former governor of Cross River said he was there with Obasanjo when he came to beg Obasanjo that he don’t want to become the president. So we are lucky to have a man who worked, planned and programmed and he became President. The other person aside President Buhari is Awolowo who planned but never made it. So we are happy that he is there and Nigerians must understand that within the short period that Buhari has been there he has brought his integrity to play. The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom; people who were lackadaisical and not bothering are now doing their job which was not happening before.

People are afraid that if they get nto trouble, there is no hiding place so people are doing what they are supposes to do. That is the beauty of it and I am happy he is doing very well.

Every day we hear pipeline vandalization, when last did you hear of Pipeline vandalisation? Stealing of fuel as if they were stealing goats or chicken those things are very rear now so I think Buhari is on course now but we should be patient with him, he has four years to go in the first instance and I am sure Nigerians will be glad that the APC made the right choice immediately the merger was able to take place, I knew change has come.

https://www.today.ng/politics/092117157-buhari-is-the-first-nigeria-president-who-wanted-to-be-president-idahosa/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by BALLOSKI: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Sai baba!
Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by Gbawe: 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Indeed. I said it before that Jonathan will be the last accidental President Nigeria has courtesy of the PDP'S style of imposing 'business-friendly' stooges on Nigerians. The good people of Nigeria, after Buhari, will get into the habit of voting for those who actually agitated and fought to be President.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by muhyeenisce(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
ThankGod for giving us Buhari# we prayed to God to give us a good president and he answered our prayers by giving us MUHAMMADU BUHARii

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
You are so right Mr Idahosa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by peleson: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nnamdi Azikiwe! He fought for it and got it not only that, he got nigeria independence

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by CSTR2: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
And so?
Dosen't mean he merits it.
Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
peleson:
Nnamdi Azikiwe! He fought for it and got it not only that, he got nigeria independence

And his idiocy, ignorance and greed got Nigeria to where it is today.
Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by nofij(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

And his idiocy, ignorance and greed got Nigeria to where it is today.
And your sensibleness, reasonableness, tact, literacy and discipline got Nigeria to where??
See your life
Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by Aufbauh(m): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
Truly i don't use to hear of crude oil theft anymore. Maybe those thiefs are APC supporters who were using it to sabotage Jonathan government in the word of the wailing wailers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by BALLOSKI: 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Aufbauh:
Truly i don't use to hear of crude oil theft anymore. Maybe those thiefs are APC supporters who were using it to sabotage Jonathan government in the word of the wailing wailers.
I laff in shakitibobo grin
Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by BALLOSKI: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gbawe:
Indeed. I said it before that Jonathan will be the last accidental President Nigeria has courtesy of the PDP'S style of imposing 'business-friendly' stooges on Nigerians. The good people of Nigeria, after Buhari, will get into the habit of voting for those who actually agitated and fought to be President.
one of the greatest achievement of Nigeria as a nation is the departure from accidental presidency to a prepared one.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by Gbawe: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
one of the greatest achievement of Nigeria as a nation is the departure from accidental presidency to a prepared one.

Indeed. You put it very intelligently. What I know is that we will get it right in the end if our Presidents are "prepared", as you put it, rather than incompetent and thieving buffoons placed far above their station by selfish interest groups. Jonathan for example should be a Village commissioner at best.

GEJ should never have gotten to the Presidency where he would have to lead a very complex and highly indsciplined people who can only be whipped into behaving by an uncompromising hardliner. This is why GEJ destroyed Nigeria horribly. He was placed too fat above his station by vested interests. This must never happen again. In future it is only gladiators who want to lead who should lead.
Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by BALLOSKI: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. You put it very intelligently. What I know is that we will get it right in the end if our Presidents are "prepared", as you put it, rather than incompetent and thieving buffoons placed far above their station by selfish interest groups. Jonathan for example should be a Village commissioner at best.

GEJ should never have gotten to the Presidency where he would have to lead a very complex and highly indsciplined people who can only be whipped into behaving by an uncompromising hardliner. This is why GEJ destroyed Nigeria horribly. He was placed too fat above his station by vested interests. This must never happen again. In future it is only gladiators who want to lead who should lead.
the effete created problems he could not solve- we sure need a healing period as a people put through jagged leadership 'orchestrated' by gej. Instead of buhari to hit the ground running, he was forced to get the 'muddy ground' left by gej cleared first.
Re: Buhari Is The First Nigerian President Who Wanted To Be President – Idahosa by stevecantrell: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Oh, the others just wanted to steal !

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Exposed Wike Of Riversstate Plans To Bribe Judges / Judicial Council Queries Justice Yunusa For Colluding With Ricky Tarfa / Pix : These Was What Gej Meant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.