Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? (27366 Views)

IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / Meaning Of Acting President VS Coordinating President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
Please between a vice president an a senate president positions in Nigeria, who I more influential and politically relevant in Nigeria?.

Please reasons for your answers would highly be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by McTobe(m): 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
Senate President of course

162 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
In Democracy The Vice President is just a spare tyre waiting for the day his Principal (President ) sleeps and doesn't wake up grin

Hilary Clinton was more popular than Joe Biden cool

160 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by wordcat(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
SGF is more relevant than the Vice President, how much more of the Senate President

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
jowhyte:
Please between a vice president an a senate president positions in Nigeria, who I more influential and politically relevant in Nigeria?.

Thanks

pls don't mind these people, I believe you are still studying and the answer to your question..

if buhari becomes incapacitated i.e unable to continue as a result of illness or any other forms..his vices take charge of Nigeria as acting head of state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by rusher14: 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2016
Ask Jonathan.

29 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by mankan2k7(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
I would rather be a baale in a remote village than being otun in Ibadan. when olubadan is around, nothing for d so called otun. Same with d presidency. Saraki is a President on his own

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
senate pres...unles smtin hapns to d president which he wil b unable to carry on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Eastactivist: 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
Senate president of course...

The Senate president answers to no murrafucker except his mind...

But can you say so for the Vp? Your answer is good as mine...

Besides the man and his fellow afonjas are praying and wishing buhari dies in office so their afonja son will be the president... But the Northerners are too magical for the prayers and wish to come true...

And SS and SE are also praying for buhari to remain hearty, bc we can tolerate buhari but for an afonja, is a no no

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by playboy99(m): 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
Biafman:
The self acclaimed shoofiscated ones planned it in a way that if Buhari happens to reject food one day, their fake pastor will become the president, but a huge shock from northerners awaits them should the Daura President one day reject food as the afonjas wished for and planned.
who is the senate president ?
Eastactivist:
Besides the man and his fellow afonjas are praying and wishing buhari dies in office so their afonja son will be the president... But the Northerners are too magical for the prayers and wish to come true...
And SS and SE are also praying for buhari to remain hearty, bc we can tolerate buhari but for an afonja, is a no no
Biafman:
The self acclaimed shoofiscated ones planned it in a way that if Buhari happens to reject food one day, their fake pastor will become the president, but a huge shock from northerners awaits them should the Daura President one day reject food as the afonjas wished for and planned.
who is the senate president ?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by FakoMaybach1: 12:27am On Nov 13, 2016
Normally it is meant to be the Vice president, But in Nigeria our vice president is a chronic liar and a common commissioner, so down here it is the senate president...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Donshegxy10(m): 3:03am On Nov 13, 2016
Eastactivist:

oh why why why
why is your heart filled with much hatred, your need hypo to wash your mind and soul to be clean.
tribalistic bigot .
I command you to receive small sense in Jesus name.
spits.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by modath(f): 4:17am On Nov 13, 2016
rusher14:
Ask Jonathan.

This OP is a learner (like his type that have created this same thread in the past)

The thread is a deliberate attempt to malign VP Osibanjo.... The objective is to paint him as a lame duck & shoot daggers his way...He ain't slick.. cool
If truly he wants to know, he should cast his mind back to Atiku during Obasanjo's era & like you pointed out, IB the clueless 1 is another example... If we want to be facetious, we can take it lower & point out PYO acted for 2wks a couple of months ago & got to enjoy all the trappings of the office, something we are all aware, Saraki would have given both arms, legs & a kidney for.

In the American system that we claim to have modeled our disastrous system that we practise self deceit & claim it is democracy does not have a seperate SP, the VP is the head of the senate.... We just love to duplicate roles so the largesse can get around...

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by omenka(m): 6:19am On Nov 13, 2016
Donshegxy10:

oh why why why
why is your heart filled with much hatred, your need hypo to wash your mind and soul to be clean.
tribalistic bigot .
I command you to receive small sense in Jesus name.
spits.
****South Southerners aren't this useless, we know the people responsible for all that stuff on the forum.

Per Op, frankly, the "political relevance" of these offices depend on their occupants. For instance, you certainly couldn't compare Ken Nnamani to Atiku back then much the same way (in reverse) Saraki appears to wield more power than Osinbajo.

Sometimes, you could even have a vice president stronger than the president or the Senate president wielding more influence than the president- take Jonathan and Mark for instance.

So, it all depends on the occupant and not really the position itself. But when you talk about constitutional powers, of course the Vice president wields more than the Senate president.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by slimfit1(m): 8:46am On Nov 13, 2016
Too much pointless topics being posted this days sha. How is this relevant to the dollar?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 13, 2016
grin
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by paulchineduN(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2016
Mere commissioner or?

6 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by kenny1313(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2016
who I more politically relevant? SMH.
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2016
grin grin
You know the answer na...

Abi you wan implicate person this sunday morning lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by themosthigh: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2016
God is dead and heaven is in turmoil, satan and his falled angels have taken over the exalted throne of the almighty and have locked christ in the bottomless pit.
The angels have joined forces with lucifer and have taken over the golden palaces of heaven.
The saints have been massacred and their golden essence have been taken up to add to satans powers.
we have a new lord and master on earth and in the heavens.
All hail satan the lord of light, first among the angels,bringer of knowledege, conqueror of the despotic jehovah, enslaver of christ, master of space,lord of time, emperor of the universe etc

4 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by abu12: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
In Democracy The Vice President is just a spare tyre waiting for the day his Principal (President ) sleeps and doesn't wake up grin

Hilary Clinton was more popular than Joe Biden cool

who is US Senate President? I heard the name of Obama, Joe Biden who is the vice president and hillary Clinton who is the Secretary of state, but I don't hear the the name of us Senate President why?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Emma5097: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2016
carmag:

pls don't mind these people, I believe you are still studying and the answer to your question..

if buhari becomes incapacitated i.e unable to continue as a result of illness or any other forms..his vices take charge of Nigeria as acting head of state

Ok na mr lecturer. May the vices of the president rule over you and your family if he's incapacitated. Definitely not me and the rest of those who commented on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by bangging(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2016
McTobe:
Senate President of course
I no no ooooooo...hmm maybe if I no see Osinbajo for chruch for any chourch service today...and if efcc will not invite saraki again... Hmmm

5 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Gunners007: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2016
jowhyte:

Thanks
ok
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Kingbusssy(m): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2016
Senate president was voted for while vice president wasn't So Sanate president is more politically relevant

4 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by drss2(m): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2016
i rather be a senate president 1million times dan be a vice president.

6 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2016
On paper, it's the vice but in the terms of grand scheme of things, the sanate president wields more power

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by frugal(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2016
Not comparable. VP is ceremonial worldwide.

5 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by drss2(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2016
Biafman:
hahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Chuukwudi(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2016
Es

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Egypt To Deport 7 Nigerians Over End SARS Protest. / Alaafin Of Oyo +2 Of His Many Wives At University Of London 4 A Convocation(Pics / Buhari's Government Has Worsened Nigeria's Economy-Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.