Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Do You Cherish Nigeria ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Cherish Nigeria ? (4132 Views)

Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by banom(m): 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2009
Who loves this country to the extent that he/she wishes to be a Nigeria if there will be the next world ?
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by xterra2(m): 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2009
Sincerely,i do
I love Nigeria,
Things will get better
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by udezue(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2009
I don't and have no apologies.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by IFELEKE(m): 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2009
I do Love Nigeria despite many happenings to make me do otherwise and I would love to be a Nigerian again if there is an afterlife. . .
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by MaiSuya(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2009
I luv Naija also, and would always want to be one - except in the so-called 'after life'. tongue
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Moonstone(f): 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2009
I loooooooooooove my country so much and I feel I have the perfect heritage now.
God put me on this earth as a Nigerian for a good reason.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
sure. If it got 15% better i'd go back and live there permanently.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Ndipe(m): 2:00am On Apr 15, 2009
I love Nigeria very much. If Nigeria suddenly becomes like the era of 80's, I would definitely move back home.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by SeXYhOTmOM(f): 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2009
[size=38pt]NOPE[/size]
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by akinalabi(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
I sure love Nigeria. I'm proud to be a Nigerian and I hold
my passport proudly whereever I find myself.

I live in Nigeria and that is where I want to be forever.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2009
cherish definition
cher·ish (c̸her′is̸h)

transitive verb

to hold dear; feel or show love for to cherish one's family
to take good care of; protect; foster to cherish one's rights
to cling to the idea or feeling of to cherish a hope

Of all those who have so far proclaimed their love, how many of you have stepped out to fight for the love of their life, in one way or another? How many of you have actually done all within your power to restore her to her glory by fighting to make her better in reality and not with more mouth service? Any Tom, privates and Harry can open mouth wide to claim to love Nigeria; even expatriates do it. But how many have actually seen all the anguish and pain their so called love has been experiencing for most 5 decades and actually done something about it?
Are you all sure you cherish Nigeria?

Many believe God is love, would you all be happy if God were to love you all the way majority claim to love Nigeria here; Love by mouth-service mostly and not in deed?  If typing the words "I Love Nigeria with all my heart" online, or making such claims in public where were it all ends, then I bet Nigerians would definitely be the most loving people on earth. Fortunately for the world, action speaks louder than words and so far, we continue to be found wanting, as a people when it comes to our claims to love the next man, let alone our nation.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Pataki: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2009
Simple question, answer the question accordingly. Yet some people must preach sermons as if they are the Mother Theresa of Nairaland.

@ topic,

No, I do not cherish Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by blackmann(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2009
No matter where u go, no matter how messed up the country is, i still find this scerene peace around myself there, the fact that u can do whatever u want,, unlike here in another man's country. now that i'm out of the country, i miss all the hustle,, the bustle the "abi were nie ni? ko ni da fun iya e!!!" shouts. grin grin

Ajo o le da bi ile. There is no place like home.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by spikedcylinder: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2009
Tshew! Sit your ass in America and be asking stupid questions. Like you are in the right position to tell people how and in what amounts to love their country undecided
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by seun001(m): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2009
tufiakpa!!lai lai oh, i can't live in hell twice, once is enuf.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by qkman: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2009
If anyone around has had the opportunity to see how europe or US looks like compared to what we have here,u'll never like to come here anymore.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by qkman: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2009
Imagine,if US can send a war ship because of one navy captain,would ur 9ja do anything to save u,thousand of 9jas are in prisons worldwide and nothing's done,how much u can cherish ur country that does not recognize u in any way,no social identification,no health plan,no water,no power supply,no quality education,nothing for u cherishers of 9ja.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by iwefactria: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2009
infact i am feeling like i wanna come home nah.No place like home.Nigeria forever!!!!
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by MrCrackles(m): 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2009
Topic

YES!
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by seedord247(m): 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
i proud my country NIGERIA AND SO SHALL I BE TILL THE END OF MY LIFE cus if you are not ja in niger you can be ja in anywere in the world.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by FrankC3: 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2009
NO!!! but i want to embarassed
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by touchmeder: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
i love the naija thing in our way of life. i love being able to speak in a way and remember some naija things with people that understand how i feel n what i am talking about. but my country has failed me, failed me so so much. i dont even know what to say but i still love nigeria i guess. there is no place like nigeria. so in a way i guess i cherish nigeria but in other ways i feel bad bout my country too
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by touchmeder: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
, the suffer too much. let me not even get started.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Tstark(m): 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2009
[b][/b]You guys saying no should not confuse the government with the actual country itself. Yes i Cherish Naija, But the when it comes to the Nigerian government- Hell NO!!!
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by leyinjuege(f): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
yes with all my heart
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Tonyet1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
Frank-C:

NO!!! but i want to embarassed

ekpele o, i feel ur plight, i wish i could help but ehhnnnnnn,  . . . . . . . but wait o can a toothless dog bite?

so why cherish a DOG if a DOG aint doing what a DOG supposed to do
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by wakagirl: 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2009
yes, i do cherish the COUNTRY dislike the LEADERS n dat includes my,
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by ollybosieb: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
I DO SO HELP ME GOD,
I LOVE MY COUNTRY , I HATE OUR LEADERS . I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN .
NAIJA FOR SHOW. NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE,
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Topic.
Yes! Bur not as i cherish heaven, i knw av nt bin there.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Moonstone(f): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Of all those who have so far proclaimed their love, how many of you have stepped out to fight for the love of their life, in one way or another? How many of you have actually done all within your power to restore her to her glory by fighting to make her better in reality and not with more mouth service? Any Tom, privates and Harry can open mouth wide to claim to love Nigeria; even expatriates do it. But how many have actually seen all the anguish and pain their so called love has been experiencing for most 5 decades and actually done something about it?
Are you all sure you cherish Nigeria?

Many believe God is love, would you all be happy if God were to love you all the way majority claim to love Nigeria here; Love by mouth-service mostly and not in deed? If typing the words "I Love Nigeria with all my heart" online, or making such claims in public where were it all ends, then I bet Nigerians would definitely be the most loving people on earth. Fortunately for the world, action speaks louder than words and so far, we continue to be found wanting, as a people when it comes to our claims to love the next man, let alone our nation.
Firstly, I never called it the love of my life. I love the country so much and I have plans to go back not stay here and die like some people. Once I'm done with my degree, I do want to go back and spend the rest of my life in Nigeria. If there's anything I've learnt in my 5 years here, it's that there's no place like home. I would not have realized how much I loved that country if I did not leave that place.
So yeah, when I do go back, I'm going to try my best to help take care of it. . . at least that is what my field entails.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2009
Answer is really relative.

If in the next world, i am guaranteed the privilege that i received in Nigeria in this world then a big YES
If it is uncertain or i have to hustle from a remote village in lagos then HELL NO.
Re: Do You Cherish Nigeria ? by sealworld(m): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2009
I LOVE NIGERIA THE WAY ITS, EVERY COUNTRY HAS ITS OWN UGLY PROBLEM, NAIJA IS THE BEST ANYTYM.

I LOVE AND CHERISH THE NIGERIAN STYLE

I CAN DIE FOR NIGERIA, AFTERALL MANY DIED TO MAKE THEIR COUNTRY BETTER, I BEGINS WITH U & ME, ONLY ME & YOU CAN MAKE MAKE NIGERIA BETTER AS A TRUE PATRIOT OF NIGERIA,

[size=20pt]I CHERISH MY NIGERIA[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Oshiomhole’s Inauguration / PHOTO: Gen Buhari Bulletproof Car Save Him From Boko-haram / GEJ Plotting To Reconvene House – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.