Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria (4829 Views)

'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. / We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators / Saraki Leads Senators To Visit The Awolowos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by nansng: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Report reaching The Paradigm reveals embattled Senate President Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki and fifteen (15) senators of the likemind group have opened negotiations with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and will announce their defection to the party soon.

Recalled Dr Saraki is locked in a bitter battle with his party the All Progressives Congress (APC), over his emergence as senate president.

The Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT last week issued a warrant arrest against the senate president after he failed to appear to be charged for false declaration of assets by the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB.

However, Sen­ator Bukola Saraki, filed an appeal challenging the ruling of the Code of Conduct Tribunal that ordered the Inspector General of Police to arrest and bring him before the tribunal on Monday.

In his ground of appeal, Saraki through his coun­sel, J.B Daudu (SAN) sub­mitted that the tribunal erred in law and also act­ed without jurisdiction by assuming jurisdiction over the criminal trial of the appellant at the Code of Conduct Tribunal for a charge, which is being challenged at the Federal High Court.

Over the weekend, Dr. Saraki also accused his political enemies of using the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) to settle perceived political scores with him.

In a statement signed by his Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Yusuph Olaniyonu, Saraki said he needed to caution that in a desperate bid to settle political scores and nail imaginary enemies, his opponent should not destroy democratic institutions and heat the polity for selfish reasons.

Text message sent to his media aide on the report was not replied as at the time of publishing this story.

Dr. Saraki is billed to appear in court this morning.

Update

New Media aide to the Senate President Mr. Bankole Omisore has denied reports by The Paradigm stating Dr. Bukola Saraki will be defecting to the PDP with 15 APC senators.

In a reply sent to The Paradigm inquiry, Bankole said there is no scintilla of truth in the report.

However, a source who was present at the stakeholders meeting conveyed by senate president insist the option of defection to the opposition party was extensively discussed.

In fact, “that was is th option available to us if senators from the Unity Forum go ahead with their impeachment plot’ the source told The Paradigm.

Recall this newspaper had published yesterday that senators of the Unity forum with selected senators from the PDP most of them former governors, had perfected a plot to impeach the senate president before ministerial screening begins.

http://spynigeria.com/politics-bukola-saraki-15-apc-senators-to-defect-to-pdp-spy-nigeria/
Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Imortal001: 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by sammyj: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Defect and loose your seat. However, my advise to any mogul senator for them not to lose their seat along with the defiant Saraki is to stay away from him for now until he clears himself. Only will go into the pit will the dirt! cool

2 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by OkutaNla: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
I don't know how true this news is but if it turns out to be true then it wouldn't be a surprise. They might as well just make it official and decamp to their natural umblella grin, ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Mynd44: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
No senator can decamp yet. If they are planning on decamping, they are being silly as all the APC has to do is to declare their seats vacant

1 Like

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Burger01(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
OkutaNla:
I don't know how true this news is but if it turns out to be true then it wouldn't be a surprise. They might as well just make it official and decamp to their natural umblella grin, ASAP.
We don't even need them in sweeping corruption off the streets of Nigeriasmiley
Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Eeser: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Aha
Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by scholes0(m): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lol, I was kinda expecting that...
And it didn't take long at all.
Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Jeboy(m): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Which Senate president will declare their senators seat vacant if they decamp? If I hear?

When Tambuwal decamped, u APC guys were rejoicing and boasting his seat cannot be declared vacant and now u want to reap from d same process?

APC is just version 1.1 of PDP Version 1.0

6 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by yimikaa: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Let them decamp

We have their assets declaration forms at ccb cheesy .

1 Like

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by dejavski(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Jeboy:
Which Senate president will declare their senators seat vacant if they decamp? If I hear?

When Tambuwal decamped, u APC guys were rejoicing and boasting his seat cannot be declared vacant and now u want to reap from d same process?

No mind them na just noise them sabi make

1 Like

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Pangea: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Boss13: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
This is an option being considered, but what is the benefit. The senators should get ready to sit their tenure throughout in court. We may not have a legislative arm this period. Many of them would either be sleeping in court or prison

1 Like

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by DONLEKAN: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
If the senators decamp before Saraki is impeached. PDP will become majority in the senate. This means, PDP will have to decide who becomes senate president after Saraki's removal. In that case, sledge hammer will be used on Saraki instead of ordinary hammer in the court.

The unfolding will make for a good movie.
Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by kokoA(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
Jeboy:

In PDP's case there was clear division in the party. New PDP led by Atiku, Kawu-baraje, Saraki, Kwanwanso, Ameachi and co had already been formed then, so the parliamentarians had strong basis for defection at that time. In this case, there is no division in APC so anybody who decamps would be kicked out of the senate.

2 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Gbawe: 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
I would take this with a pinch of salt. Senators have no immunity and Nigerian politician are not especially loyal or principled so they will realise the consequence of disruptive behaviour under Buhari. Anyone openly siding with Saraki is indirectly taking on the President and must bear the consequence of such actions. I think Buhari has struck the fear of God into all who thought he has weakened and softened with age. Saraki is on his own in my opinion. Others have a four years mandate to protect. No one will sacrifice that fighting for Saraki.

This is what Nigeria needs. A President who will instil order everywhere and make our leaders act in a disciplined manner because of the notion that there will be certain and swift consequence for misbehaving as Saraki did. It is Ekweremadu I pity because he accepted a poisoned chalice and will have to live with his choice and over-ambitious bad timing. They organised a political coup against the leader of the APC, i.e Buhari, and thought they got away with it without understanding that Buhari pathologically hates coups against his leadership. The mistake Saraki and others made is to assume we are still in the GEJ/PDP days.

6 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by PAINGAIN: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
kokoA:
In PDP's case there was clear division in the party. New PDP led by Atiku, Kawu-baraje, Saraki, Kwanwanso, Ameachi and co had already been formed then, so the parliamentarians had strong basis for defection at that time. In this case, there is no division in APC so anybody who decamps would be kicked out of the senate.
u r just twisting this to suit ur line of argument. Tambuwal bcame a speaker under pdp but when he decamped he remained d speaker. If this happens again then pdp will have d majority in d Senate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Gbawe: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
DONLEKAN:
If the senators decamp before Saraki is impeached. PDP will become majority in the senate. This means, PDP will have to decide who becomes senate president after Saraki's removal. In that case, sledge hammer will be used on Saraki instead of ordinary hammer in the court.

The unfolding will make for a good movie.

Okay let us see how this will play out. This decamping tale makes no logical sense. Doing it amounts to doing what Saraki did which is to undermine and embarrass the President. It is now crystal clear Buhari is not GEJ and will not tolerate such. How many will now be willing to take Buhari on and risk their position after what Saraki is going through?

3 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mynd44:
No senator can decamp yet. If they are planning on decamping, they are being silly as all the APC has to do is to declare their seats vacant

Remember Tambuwal? Nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by kokoA(m): 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
PAINGAIN:
u r just twisting this to suit ur line of argument. Tambuwal bcame a speaker under pdp but when he decamped he remained d speaker. If this happens again then pdp will have d majority in d Senate
it can't happen that's what I'm saying sir. If they decamp they will lose their seats so PDP cannot have majority.

2 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by Gbawe: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
I think Nigerians are forgetting one important statement Buhari made. I.e everyone must respect and obey the Party. Nobody is bigger than the political Party and platform that gave them their prestigious public office. Saraki from the lawless PDP thought Buhari was just talking for the fun of it as his PDP compatriots like GEJ used to do.

Now it will be clear to all that disorderly conduct and treachery against Party/nation/Nigerians will not be tolerated. That idiot Abba Moro who organised that scam employment fiasco under GEJ, where Nigerian youths died chasing non-existent jobs, would be in jail if that happened today.

3 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by GenOrumov: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Saraki seemed to have won the battle but looks like he will lose the war.

Winning Round 1 is not an achievement but lasting till Round 12 and going on to win the bout is the achievement. Its left to be seen if he will scale past this Round 2.

And for senators that want to decamp to PDP because of Saraki, all I have to say to them is I pity them. They better leave him to face this fight alone before he drags them too to an early political grave.

2 Likes

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by maestroferddi: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
The mistake APC and her supporters are making is the assumption that winning the election translate to owning Nigeria as a private estate.

They refuse to learn from the mistakes of the PDP that in politics you win some and lose some.

I am waiting to see how other stakeholders in the Nigeria project would vacate the political arena for Buhari and his irredentist form of governance...

1 Like

Re: Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria by shollay09(m): 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
The man called Saraki is a political prostitute, why leave ur initial party if not for d quest for power. And now he wants to go back again to dat same party he publicly rejected. Shioo to him

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: UK Dailymail Call Nnamdi Biafra Activist And Buhari A Terrorist / Dino Vs Remi Tinubu:the Hypocrisy Of Our SW Brethren / Vanguard Governor Of The Year 2018 Award: Ugwuanyi Receives Notification Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.