Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please (3992 Views)

Between The Zero 5 And The Phantom 8 / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! / My Review of The Phantom 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Irelokeh(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Since Tecno mobile's release of the Tecno Phantom Z5,there's been alot of posts everywhere especially on nairaland,most being Negative,few being postive about the flagship droid

I figured,maybe we actually need to cut them some slack,maybe we're just over reacting because they gave us great products for a really nice price earlier,before you take out your "Tecno is mediocre" opinion on them try to imagine

How much would Samsung,Sony,Motorola,Htc or Nokia sell a device with 3GB of Ram,an amazing display,fingerprint sensor and Premium handheld?

Ask yourself,have i used the Tecno phantom 5?

People keep comparing other smartphones that are'nt available yet in the African market with the TPhantom5,i checked up one Xperia L with low end specs today,sold out for almost $300+

One plus two sells great outside Nigeria with similar specs as the TPhantom5 and people are loving it as it goes for just $300 or so.

The only smartphone i know right now that stands the TPhantom5 is the Asus Zenphone 2 (4gb ram,intel atom) also sold for about $300 and the one plus 2

Tecno did not sell.a smartphone this time,Although they overpriced it for the Average Nigerian,tecno never mentioned they produced phones for the masses or people who cant afford it,if you've got 70K planned for a smartphone...

Would you buy other phones you couldn't afford earlier ,or appreciate a company that gave near perfect devices and an a well distributed Android experience in Africa for a fair price?

1 Like

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by jfkenny(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
Great
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by gwumex(m): 6:14am On Sep 22, 2015
Now its happening,tecno added just 3 features(4g,fingerprint,compass) to dis phone nd started selling it 4 70k+, by the time dey start using SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR nd not dat useless mtk,super amoled display,retina display,good camera nd flash,good gpu,therm,barometer,wireless charging,heart beat rate monitor,water and dust resistance/proof with other great specs not mentioned.I wonder how much they are going to be selling it and by den people will know Samsung,HTC,iphone are not that greedy but they know the value of what they are producing.I like tecno phones cuz they are trying but I cant compare they to dos manufacturers.cuz I will rather pick a s4 Dan 2 pick dis phone

10 Likes

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Lollifox: 7:07am On Sep 22, 2015
well said..
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Randerl: 7:10am On Sep 22, 2015
@OP, even l dey under spell and dem village witches dey follow me, l no go succumb to this foolhardy stupid trashy product.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by parrotibaba(m): 7:13am On Sep 22, 2015
I don't get some folks here. How can u be happy n actually defend tecno for selling this phone costly? The question u should ask ur self is this "does it really worth 70k?" The answer is no! This phone lacks the major characteristics of a premium device, no gorilla glass protection or shattered proof protection, no software n OS update, imagine the phantom z of last year not receiving a single software update no to talk of an OS update n it sold for close to 60k. This r things that make a phone premium n the TP5 currently lacks that. It's not about not having the money to get the device it's all about the device giving u value for money. Not everybody likes changing phones every year so if tecno wants to go premium, they should produce a premium device!

10 Likes

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Youngpo413: 7:31am On Sep 22, 2015
Tecno are
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 22, 2015
Dumbest post ever!!!
Your comparism is off track(F9)
Comparing mtk device with snapdragon/intel devices (F9)
Defending Tecno like its ur inheritance (F9)
Compare this device(Phantom5) with other mtk based devices
To mention but a few....
Xiaomi Redmi note 2
UMI Iron
Meizu m2 note
Elephone P7000
Make GOOGLE your friend and check out their specs and prices.
After completing ur assigment, get back to me and tell me why a sane gadget nerd should cough out 70k for this mediocre device!!!

6 Likes

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Irelokeh(m): 8:58am On Sep 22, 2015
Godvilla:
Dumbest post ever!!!
To mention but a few....
Xiaomi Redmi note 2
UMI Iron
Meizu m2 note
Elephone P7000
After completing ur assigment, get back to me and tell me why a sane gadget nerd should cough out 70k for this mediocre device!!!

Juat a simple Question Bro,Do you own a Elephone or even a Xiamoi device yet? These guys are not yet in africa,people only get it when they import it here! Dont compare what you have with what you dont bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2015
Irelokeh:

Juat a simple Question Bro,Do you own a Elephone or even a Xiamoi device yet? These guys are not yet in africa,people only get it when they import it here! Dont compare what you have with what you dont bro
I sell, use and play with them @ will.
Consider these facts:
shipment cost, resellers price, transportation, yet we dont sell xiaomi and the likes of them for more than 50k
u speak like you would cough out 70k for this Tecno. Am in a good mood this morning, please, dnt marr my countenance

5 Likes

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Irelokeh(m): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2015
Mehn i am not trying to darken your mood im sorry if i angered you,im just trying to secure they fact that the TP5 Is actually worth its price,and if actually i come across 70k for a smartphone,since im here in Africa,id actually test run the Phantom 5 but if im opportuned to be outside i wont
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2015
Make I no talk sha. Wisdomkosi back again

1 Like

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2015
gwumex:
Now its happening,tecno added just 3 features(4g,fingerprint,compass) to dis phone nd started selling it 4 70k+, by the time dey start using SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR nd not dat useless mtk,super amoled display,retina display,good camera nd flash,good gpu,therm,barometer,wireless charging,heart beat rate monitor,water and dust resistance/proof with other great specs not mentioned.I wonder how much they are going to be selling it and by den people will know Samsung,HTC,iphone are not that greedy but they know the value of what they are producing.I like tecno phones cuz they are trying but I cant compare they to dos manufacturers.cuz I will rather pick a s4 Dan 2 pick dis phone

for the record, mtk is not useless
i use an mtk device and i am more than satisfied with its performance
what can snapdrgon do that mtk cant do? generate heat
my mtk device does not get unusually hot
its so cool sometimes am surprised

pls stop hating on the little guy
if snapdragon was so cool
samsung will not have made its own exynos chip

4 Likes

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 9:36am On Sep 22, 2015
irelokeh op wey you? abeg show, pls do me favour, gerarehere
70k tecno?
i dey craze?

if dem dash me i go sell am
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Irelokeh(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2015
sats:
70k tecno?
i dey craze?

Hahaha mahn you nailed the mtk chip stuff mahn i agree with you,Snapdragon processors are over hyped,but why you still hating on the tecno phantom 5?
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Lollifox: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
I just they observed.....
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Defaramade(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Lollifox:
I just they observed.....
Me sef dey observe, no comment
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by SweetSoup(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Well saw it, held it and played with it a little at slot (shoprite) mile 2 today, the phone is well built, the camera is awesome and the ui is fast too, it was also very light in the hand. Having seen it, held it and operated it for about 2minutes, 70k is way to high for this device in ma opinion...

2 Likes

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Irelokeh:

Hahaha mahn you nailed the mtk chip stuff mahn i agree with you,Snapdragon processors are over hyped,but why you still hating on the tecno phantom 5?
the tecno i kno is bugged with issues
i agree that mayb just mayb they may have improved with the phantom 5
but 70k is pushng it

the spec sheet is realy good, if i have that kind budget
na samsung,htc,lg,sony or lenovo vibe i go buy
confirm
i wont get those high specs for the other brands
but then i know it will be a confirmed premium brand
tecno may have gone premium with the phantom 5 but tecno is not confirmed at all

no super AMOLED display
mind u

1 Like

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Shinchika: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
Confirmation is sats' problem. Hehe! Ever heard "the just shall live by faith?"

sats:

the tecno i kno is bugged with issues
i agree that mayb just mayb they may have improved with the phantom 5
but 70k is pushng it

the spec sheet is realy good, if i have that kind budget
na samsung,htc,lg,sony or lenovo vibe i go buy
confirm
i wont get those high specs for the other brands
but then i know it will be a confirmed premium brand
tecno may have gone premium with the phantom 5 but tecno is not confirmed at all

no super AMOLED display
mind u
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Shinchika:
Confirmation is sats' problem. Hehe! Ever heard "the just shall live by faith?"

i cant put faith in tecno, nah
i will be disapointed
confirm
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 24, 2015
parrotibaba:
I don't get some folks here. How can u be happy n actually defend tecno for selling this phone costly? The question u should ask ur self is this "does it really worth 70k?" The answer is no! This phone lacks the major characteristics of a premium device, no gorilla glass protection or shattered proof protection, no software n OS update, imagine the phantom z of last year not receiving a single software update no to talk of an OS update n it sold for close to 60k. This r things that make a phone premium n the TP5 currently lacks that. It's not about not having the money to get the device it's all about the device giving u value for money. Not everybody likes changing phones every year so if tecno wants to go premium, they should produce a premium device!
Help me tell the OP, I rather add money to it & get myself S5
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by abbeyboyz54(m): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2015
I dnt knw why you people are criticising mtk chip, what is so special about snapdragon chip? With Snapdragon Chip, if your device ram is 2gb about 1.2gb will be occupied by the device without installing any app eg galaxy s4 I9500. I've used samsung galaxy S2, S3 and S4 but i like samsung phones bkos of their camera. Mtk device with 1gb ram is better than Snapdragon device with 2gb ram #take it or leave it#
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by drizzypat: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2015
Irelokeh:

killer words

Ppl making comparison of what dey dont own or used

Jst base on online specs

Bt I agreee that price is too muxh for dat device I mean wtf!

What were they thinking?

Perhaps only thier family members might get it
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by drizzypat: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2015
abbeyboyz54:
I dnt knw why you people are criticising mtk chip, what is so special about snapdragon chip? With Snapdragon Chip, if your device ram is 2gb about 1.2gb will be occupied by the device without installing any app eg galaxy s4 I9500. I've used samsung galaxy S2, S3 and S4 but i like samsung phones bkos of their camera. Mtk device with 1gb ram is better than Snapdragon device with 2gb ram #take it or leave it#
boss

I agreed with u till u hit ur last statement

That is totally off point mate!!!
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by drizzypat: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
sats:

for the record, mtk is not useless
i use an mtk device and i am more than satisfied with its performance
what can snapdrgon do that mtk cant do? generate heat
my mtk device does not get unusually hot
its so cool sometimes am surprised

pls stop hating on the little guy
if snapdragon was so cool
samsung will not have made its own exynos chip

For 3yrs snapdrgon had only one chip that had heating issues(810)

Recent ones dont same applies with mtk

I am not against a chip(i nvr have)

Alotta ppl rate mtk as crap cus small oem's use thier products little do dey know that dey generate more awareness/income dan snappy or anyother

As a matter of fact even d gpu on this device everyone is castrating is beta than andreno 330 x2 im talking note 3 lg g2 xperia z1,one plus one,xiaomi mi note and co

Give it a little credit alredy
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by JanethEze(f): 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Oga lecturer Na you sabi pass all of us. Nonsense

Godvilla:
Dumbest post ever!!!
To mention but a few....
Xiaomi Redmi note 2
UMI Iron
Meizu m2 note
Elephone P7000
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by JanethEze(f): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ive seen it, ive used it. Its a great phone. Its 70k but its worth it
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by JanethEze(f): 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2015
For real?

sats:
70k tecno?
i dey craze?

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by debeo: 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
OP I guess your techno phone has not had any issue before.

I got a techno phone same day with my colleague, in 2months mine crashed

I took it to Carl care and guess what, they couldn't repair or replace it!

To make matters worse, my colleague s phone should also, and their customer care was so annoying that he angrily left the phone their

I add to go back to my Lenovo, I bought as far back as 2012 ( I've never had an issue with the phone, I just felt like upgrading)

I've used a Meizu and recently a Xiaomi afterwards

Guess what, I've NEVER had any issue

Until they resolve repair issues, the presence of their service center in Nigeria is useless!

Fyi: Xiaomi is planning to enter the African market by 2016

So my dear, I love competition, Techno should better brace up, or they would be pushed further down.

Had any one noticed, that people now prefer Infinix?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 25, 2015
JanethEze:
Oga lecturer Na you sabi pass all of us. Nonsense

Now i know why they say "Common sense aint common"
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 25, 2015
debeo:
OP I guess your techno phone has not had any issue before.

I got a techno phone same day with my colleague, in 2months mine crashed

I took it to Carl care and guess what, they couldn't repair or replace it!

To make matters worse, my colleague s phone should also, and their customer care was so annoying that he angrily left the phone their

I add to go back to my Lenovo, I bought as far back as 2012 ( I've never had an issue with the phone, I just felt like upgrading)

I've used a Meizu and recently a Xiaomi afterwards

Guess what, I've NEVER had any issue

Until they resolve repair issues, the presence of their service center in Nigeria is useless!

Fyi: Xiaomi is planning to enter the African market by 2016

So my dear, I love competition, Techno should better brace up, or they would be pushed further down.

Had any one noticed, that people now prefer Infinix?
I made more sales on Infinix than Tecno. Especially the hote note...
I flow with the tide.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Finally Surrender The TACTIZE. / Best Smartphone Ui...(user Interface)... / Night Browsing Not Working On My Glo Sim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.