Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

What If Jesus Was Gay - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Jesus Was Gay (2749 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married" / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by johnydon22(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2015
lampardizik:

I'm sorry I made you out wrong,but the ferocity and negativity of your arguments I've seen led me to have this opinion
The only thing you can do is bring up a counter argument when you see mine. . .

I am neither Anti-islam or anti-Christian my arguments stems from the obvious of what is and the judgement of an independent reason, it is negative because it counters your belief, i do not apologize for that.

And no,it does not make me a dishonest person,was just my opinion of you and others on NL.

I think you have learnt your lessons then because difference in ideology is not synonymous to enmity.

That you don't believe in Muhammed doesn't mean you should go contrary to what may be if you are discussing the historicity of Muhammed and same goes with me. . .Let me hope you don't exhibit such dishonesty you make others out to have

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by lampardizik(m): 10:42am On Sep 23, 2015
johnydon22:
The only thing you can do is bring up a counter argument when you see mine. . .

I am neither Anti-islam or anti-Christian my arguments stems from the obvious of what is and the judgement of an independent reason, it is negative because it counters your belief, i do not apologize for that.

Like I said before your comments had always seemed negative,maybe it was me,maybe it was the perception I had at the time,but it was never about your opinion about my beliefs

johnydon22:
[b][i]
I think you have learnt your lessons then because difference in ideology is not synonymous to enmity.

I always try my best to not be judgey,but then I had failed in my opinion of you,that was the reason for the apology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by ValerianSteel(m): 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
johnydon22:
The Jewish society was far more strict than islamic sharia law, it doesn't take anything for them to murder someone.

Adultery comes with a death sentence (As seen in the case of Mary Magdalene though i have always wondered where the man she was having sex with was at or they only kill the woman?)

Homosexuality is one of the sexual conducts that Jewish societies frown at and it comes with a capital punishment of death in a horrifying way.

If there was a historical Jesus he must have been a public figure and probably of the Jewish Essen sect and must have been a rabbi.

So the only probable assertion is when the question of him being married is raised, That of course is very probable and likely.

But when one asserts Homosexuality, That of course is likely to be a HUGE LIE taking all the variables into consideration.

I disagree with this...
Jesus lived in a Roman-Jewish era,homosexuality was not a crime.It was very well pronounced in his time.Biblical scholars and original biblical translators ascertain that the Centurion's servant was actually his lover(male love/same-sex lover) but bible translations over the years have been corrupted.

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by Anas09: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
First off. Who was Davinci? Where did he get this his facts of Mary marrying christ?
Secondly, do u realise that marriage is ordained by God? (Man and woman) so if Jesus married mary, no quarms abt that. But if he did, do u think its an Italian who lived centuries after Christ had gone to heaven who will inform us abt it, not his fellow jews who looked for every reason to kill him?
Thirdly. Do you think with ur anus or brain? Wen u hear the word adultry, what comes to ur mind? Will a single lady(Mary) be caught in adultery? Does it not occur to u that the reason she was abt to be stoned was because she was married and yet went out with another man?
Did jesus kill her husband and then married her?
In the olden days, still applicable in Islam today, adultery is the sin of the married woman not of the man. So if mary was caught, that goes to show that she was married.
Davinci painted a picture, in his eutopia, he placed whoever he pleased where. Was he there in the last supper banquet, so as to assertain who sat where?
Do you think if Christ was homosexual, he will have the guts to call King herod a Fox? Do you know that wen u r living in sin, u find it difficult to condemn others?
Do you know why John the Baptist was beheaded by King herod? He condemned him of adultery with his brother's wife. Are you crazy or plane stupid to think that Jesus will be gay yet his Apostles will come out to write epistle comdenming homosexuality?
Read the old Testament and see what shd be done to such people. Do u think that Jesus was all these you said with ur mouth and the Jews, will not be shouting it out for the whole world to hear that Christians are decieved, just like we are shouting that muslims are decieved?
According to the Bible, anyone caught committing such a crime shd be stoned to dead, why was christ crucified instead of stoned? And why wasn't John stoned along with him?
Note: every idle word that proceeds out of the mouth of anyone,shall be accounted for.

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by johnydon22(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Jesus lived in a Roman-Jewish era,homosexuality was not a crime.It was very well pronounced in his time.Biblical scholars and original biblical translators ascertain that the Centurion's servant was actually his lover(male love/same-sex lover) but bible translations over the years have been corrupted.

Jews were under Roman colonization it still didn't change the jewish society in terms of belief, religion or societal norm.

Remember Joseph was afraid to divorce Mary openly (According to the tale) because according to the Jewish laws she would have been stoned to death for getting pregnant without being married yet.

Again the Mary magdalene saga, this shows roman colonization did did not change the jewish societal conduct or norms so homosexuality clearly must have been an unwanted sexual conduct to the jews.

Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by ValerianSteel(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Jews were under Roman colonization it still didn't change the jewish society in terms of belief, religion or societal norm.

Remember Joseph was afraid to divorce Mary openly (According to the tale) because according to the Jewish laws she would have been stoned to death for getting pregnant without being married yet.

Again the Mary magdalene saga, this shows roman colonization did did not change the jewish societal conduct or norms so homosexuality clearly must have been an unwanted sexual conduct to the jews.

Portions of the Hebrew bible speaks otherwise though you are right that the Jews then revered their laws but however the Roman colonization was an upset to these laws and handed a free hand to some things Jewish society normally frown on.

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by kayo80(m): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2015
lampardizik:

According to Leonardo Da Vinci,who drew/made the original painting,that is Mary Magdalene,the wife of Jesus.

he went on to say that they had children and these children were in danger somehow...pioneered a secret cult to "keep the secret of Jesus' generation"...called this cult Priory of Sion

Of course the above is a work of fiction by Dan Brown...

Okay. Thanks.
Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by cold(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Maybe this might help...
[b]
Was Jesus queer? We don't know. But it is a possibility that cannot be ruled out. One version of St. Mark's gospel - which is still the subject of academic dispute - alludes to Jesus having a homosexual relationship with a youth he raised from the dead.

According to the US Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) includes the passage:

"And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".

The veracity of this manuscript is hotly contested by other Biblical scholars. This comes as no surprise. The revelation of a gay Jesus would undermine some of the most fundamental tenets of orthodox Christianity, including its rampant homophobia.

But even if the text is genuine, does this ambiguous, elliptical passage offer evidence of Jesus's homosexuality? It is hard to say. The precise nature of the relationship between Christ and the youth is not spelled out. Sexual relations are suggested but not explicitly stated.

The Morton Smith document is, in fact, irrelevant to the vexed issue of Christ's sexual orientation. What we can say for certain is that the standard, accepted Biblical narrative gives us no information at all about Jesus's sexuality.

This absence of firm information does not, of course, mean that we can take it for granted that Christ was heterosexual. Far from it! The lack of information about his erotic inclinations begs more questions than it answers.

The truth is that we simply don't know whether Jesus was straight, gay, bisexual or celibate. There is certainly no evidence for the Church's unspoken presumption that he was either heterosexual or devoid of carnal desires. Since nothing in the Bible points to Christ having erotic feelings for women, or relationships with the female sex, the possibility of him being gay cannot be discounted.

In the absence of any evidence - let alone proof - that Jesus was heterosexual, the theological basis of Church homophobia is all the more shaky and indefensible. How can established religion dare denounce homosexuality when the founder of its faith was himself a man of mysterious, unknown sexuality who could, for all we know, have been homosexual?

The Bible tells us that Jesus was born a man and therefore presumably had male sexual feelings. It would have been more or less impossible, biologically, for him n[b]ot to have an element of erotic arousal - even if only having the normal male response
[/b]
http://www.petertatchell.net/religion/jesus.htm
Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by Anas09: 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
Do you think the Jews would have kept that fact secet for some american to discover a manuscript? Jesus was a public figure who went abt proclaiming to be the son of God, thereby making himself equal with God, for which he was killed. Do u think the jews, his enemies will hide that fact abt him? Let's forget the christians right now, do u think his enemies who even raised false witnesses just to get him killed, will keep that away from the world? Don't u reason?
Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by sonmvayina(m): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
Wait make i ask am for my bb...or makr i givr you jesus pin?..e no dey accept every invite.
Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by djdoxxx(m): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
@johnnydon22, Jesus Couldnt Have Been A Public Figure Because The Bible Puts It That He Was Having Secret Meetings At Secret Places With His Disciples On Different Occassion...He Was Well Known By Isrealites Though...Isreal Was In Captivity Under The Romans, And That Is Why Isrealites Were Seeking For A Messiah...He ( Jesus) Was A Freedom Fighter, Wanting To Liberate Isreal But Was Cut Off By The Betrayal Of Judas...That Is Why Judas Was Bribed By The Romans To Show Jesus To Them After He Already Showed Them The Secret Meeting Place...They Have Been Hearing Rumours About A Freedom Fighter In Isreal And They Knew They Needed To Eliminate Him Before He Causes Them Havoc...Even When They Got To Their Secret Meeting Place Which Judas Showed Them, They Still Didnt Know Who Jesus ( Yehsua) Was Among The Twelve, Until Judas Kissed Him To Indicate Him As Jesus...As For Jesus Being Gay, The Bible Addresses One Of His Disciples Who Is A Man As 'John Who Jesus Loved' Or ' John The Beloved'...So, He Could Be...
Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by djdoxxx(m): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
ValerianSteel:
I Agree With This...
Re: What If Jesus Was Gay by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
ifeness:
Sometimes I wonder how some religious men adored and worshiped Jesus. Apparently he had no sexual relationship with women for 32 years,which is shocking to me as a 31 years old man. But he was surrounded with men all the time.

What if Jesus actually sucked on cocks,what if he had fun with John(the beloved) wink What if these were the case.Would Christians still admire this guy? Would you still pray? I am only being curious.

Jesus married Mary Magdalene according to many school of thoughts. So chill.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Head-covering For Women-Zac Poonen / Prosperity Preacher, prophet Uebert Angel Rocks $1350 Heritage Trousers.(photo) / Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.