Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa (28718 Views)

Man Set On Fire At PDP Primary In Abia (Pics) / Gunshot At APC Governorship Primary In Ondo, Security Officer Shot / APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by GovDickson2016: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
The primary election of the All Progressives Congress, Bayelsa State, is marred by violence and intimidation.

The primary taking place at the Samson Siasia Sports Complex started on a controversial note with some aspirants calling for the cancellation of the exercise.

Before 8am, thugs invaded the entrance of the venue.

The thugs hurled stones at delegates who lined up to be screened for the exercise, creating chaos and panic in the area.

But over 1,300 security operatives deployed in the venue battled and eventually restored the peace.

Most of the delegates were shut out of the exercise and were not allowed access to the venue of the primary.

When the accreditation of the delegates started, most persons who presented themselves for the exercise were said to be fake delegates in possession of cloned voter cards.

The Master of Ceremonies announced that some persons with cloned cards had been arrested and handed over to the police.

The rowdiness of the exercise was blamed on the lateness of the Chairman of the Electoral Committee, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, who arrived the area at about 12pm.

The convoy of Oshiomhole came in the midst of the controversies, two minutes after one of the top contenders and former Governor of the state, Chief Timipre Sylva, arrived the area.

The Edo State Governor immediately intervened and held a meeting with members of his committee.

After meeting with his committe members, Oshiomhole also met with all the aspirants leading to speculations that the primary could be postponed.

Shortly before the arrival of the committee chairman, the former Managing Director, Niger Delta Development Commission, Chief Timi Alaibe, Preye Aganaba and Ebitimi Amgbare briefed the press and called for the cancellation of the exercise.

Alaibe said, “You have seen the rancorous process leading to the primary. The process is being marred by irregularities, violence, intimidation and complete disrespect for aspirants, agents and party officials.

“This is an enactment of negative history for a party that stands on the mantra of change. I think something is missing somewhere and we need to get it right. We have had delegates perceived to be loyal to us, threatened, beaten, wounded since morning.

“Quite a lot of people you see here are not delegates. Most of the authentic delegates are outside. We need to put a stop to this process. We will meet with the chairman of the committee and ask for the cancellation of the process.

” Some other times we can get the security dynamics right so that we can get the methodology of the primary right. We cannot continue with this process.”

Also, Aganaba described the process as shameful.

He said it failed to represent the values and principles of the party.

Aganaba noted, “I am ashamed of this process. I was a member of the Presidential APC in Lagos. It was a successful convention and when the winner emerged, all other aspirants supported the winner. But the process today is flawed.

“It is a pity that the chairman Adams Oshiomhole is not here. We have been here since 8am and it is 12pm and he is not here. Most of the delegates here are fake. I toiled for this party and sweated for it to be established in Bayelsa and if l am asking for the cancellation of this exercise, they should know how serious l am. I beleive we should even move the primary to another state.”

But Sylva said he had not received any complaints from his agents. He added that he was hailed by the people because of his outstanding credentials.

He urged delegates and the aspirants to conduct themselves peacefully.

“I am not an agent and if there are people with cloned cards, we will make sure they are arrested. I was part of the arrangements put in place. Among all the aspirants, l am the only one with the credentials; someone who has done a term here.

“You know how unjustly I was treated in office. So, their sense of justice is still burning. Delegates should conduct themselves peacefully just as I advise all the aspirants to conduct themselves peacefully.”

The meeting between Oshiomhole and the aspirants which began about 1pm was still going on as of 2pm.

http://www.punchng.com/news/violence-mars-apc-gov-primary-in-bayelsa/

2 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by ademoladeji(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
Where is your 'SAUCE'?
Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
When the accreditation of the delegates started, most persons who presented themselves for the exercise were said to be fake delegates in possession of [size=18pt]cloned voter cards[/size]
The same cloned voters card brought Buhari to power

140 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

APC equals FRAUD
CHUKWU OKIKE ABIAMA GOZIE GI NWANNEM NWOKE
you just spoke my mind
you took that out of my mouth
THE ZOO MUST FALL
my goodness me

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
Na them sabi

1 Like

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
But isn't this the party that promised change? Abi I non read am well. And come to think of it Oshiomole the once human activist and Labour leader. Once you test sone people with power you know their true color.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Acjohn(m): 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
They have seeing nothing because this is just the beginning

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Miracle4Sure: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
Laughing in spanish.....

6 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
What do you expect from a party like Apc,anyway,they are no threat to PDP in Bayelsa!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by ddippset(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

more shame to Jonathan. Cloned voters cards were used to kick out the commander in chief Jonathan under his very big nostrils. And when they called him 'clueless' and incompetent to run 150 million people, you kicked!

25 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by IGANDO: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
hmm
Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by amii131(f): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
Watevr all the best......
Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by SouthernBreeze(m): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
Party of confussion

7 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by MadCow1: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Patangela: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by free2ryhme: 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin
when they were moving from pdp i knew is all about personal interest, now it is militant vs drug baron and oil bunkers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by fejikudz(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

APC is a marriage of incompatible partners. Divorce
is imminent

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by crispberry(f): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
Lol. Our south/south people cheesy cheesy
Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Emmanuel602(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
Not Surprised at all

1 Like

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Man ... you're very hopeless ... pls
... try and create new twitter or Facebook acount ... are you scared ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by admax(m): 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
Any political gathering in the southern part of this country mostly results to violence.....I wonder why their blood they always hot? fight fight fight every time!

2 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by tolexy007(m): 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
at the end they will blame PDP and Jonathan

18 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by anonimi: 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2015

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by hemartins(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
I was here

1 Like

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by dunkem21(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
ddippset:
more shame to Jonathan. Cloned voters cards were used to kick out the commander in chief Jonathan under his very big nostrils. And when they called him 'clueless' and incompetent to run 150 million people, you kicked!

Shaarrrap ..Will you ..

When the PDP alleged that there are cloned cards, what did you say? ..

..Did you guys not insist on card readers when it was glaring it was a flop

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by wristbangle: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sighs...

2 Likes

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by shamecurls(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Txonyi:

APC equals FRAUD
CHUKWU OKIKE ABIAMA GOZIE GI NWANNEM NWOKE
you just spoke my mind
you took that out of my mouth
THE ZOO MUST FALL
my goodness me

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Atlantian: 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
No one is blaming Jonathan yet ?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Violence Mars APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa by Dimsteel(m): 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
not surprised undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Man Narrates How Apc Thugs Bullied Everyone At His Polling Unit To Vote Apc / Akeredolu Builds New office Complex for the state Internal Revenue Service(PICS) / Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.