Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission (61662 Views)

Land Rover Is Rebuilding 1970s Range Rovers For The Wealthy (photos) / In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear / 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by Dozieson(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
Brainiac2025:
Hello kashif and bosses in the house
I went to change my faulty CV joints because my car was vibrating when accelerating , it was done successfully. After 2days I notice my car will stop engaging once I climb pump on the road, so I’ll need to shift the gear back to park then shift it back to drive before it engage again, it did this for like 4times before I get home.
Eventually it stopped for some days without experiencing the issue anymore. Last week Thursday I took the car from Lagos going to Ibadan, unfortunately after getting to Ibadan toll-gate my car suddenly remove itself from gear while speeding, I had to park and started calling my mechanic to know what’s actually wrong with the car.

While the car stopped engaging forward, it worked perfectly with reverse, so my mechanic ask me to let it cool down, I had to wait for like 30min for it to cool down, after 30min the car works fine again.

On Friday I embark to my destination which is IWo town, the car didn’t give me any sign of the usual problem till I come back to Lagos, unfortunately when I entered my street, the problem start again.

My car model is Toyota Camry 2005
13pin transmission 4cylinder

Note* we didn’t remove the CV joint while hot, it was parked in the evening and the CV joint was remove the following day.

Please I need your advice on what might be goin wrong with the transmission

Dirt is the culprit. Most mechanics works with dirty hands and in dirty environment. If any small dirt enters that u250e transmission, omo na yawa o. Maybe you have to drain the oil and use original Toyota type t-iv

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by xperiencelove(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
My 13pin Camry shaft started making some noise on Tuesday. Due to problem with gear after removing shaft cup, I have decided to replace the shaft but won't replace the cup. Since the cup attached to the gear is good, I will just remove the cup of the new one and fix it straight into the cup on the gear. Shikenna!
Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by Dozieson(m): 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
xperiencelove:
My 13pin Camry shaft started making some noise on Tuesday. Due to problem with gear after removing shaft cup, I have decided to replace the shaft but won't replace the cup. Since the cup attached to the gear is good, I will just remove the cup of the new one and fix it straight into the cup on the gear. Shikenna!

Stay there with them. They should also wash their hand to be clean. No single dirt should enter the gear box
Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by xperiencelove(m): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
Surely, I will. I will have time to stay with my mech next week. That is why I haven't do it. Thanks.
Dozieson:

Stay there with them. They should also wash their hand to be clean. No single dirt should enter the gear box

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by Lerato12: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hello, I have a 2005 Toyota Camry 2.4 engine with 13pin gearbox. I noticed that when my car is cool maybe for like 2 hours, it won't engaged immediately I put it on D, I will have to warm it for like 30 minutes before engaging on D, but it will engage on Reverse immediately. My mech said I need to change the gearbox. I went to Ladipo and those guys said I need a new gear box! The 13pin that comes with the car is very expensive and they offered to convert to a 10pin. I'm scared about what the outcome would be. Pls, I need your advise.
Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by Cotonou12: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please how much is gearbox Avalon dashboard

5 pin

I changed the body valve and fiber last week and yet it’s somehow delaying to change gear
Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by MrMi6(m): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2022
Cotonou12:
Please how much is gearbox Avalon dashboard

5 pin

I changed the body valve and fiber last week and yet it’s somehow delaying to change gear
Were you able to fix it? I am having the same problem....
Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
Re: Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission by Emmybreezy(m): 3:06am On Nov 11, 2023
OP please my car toyota matrix is been acting up whenever I drive and it want to select to gear 2 it makes some noise in the engine before it select it makes I gave it a gear rewire he couldn't resolve it I gave to a gear engineer he said it was the fiber that's burnt I changed jt and still the problem persist, someone said I should change to a new gearbox but my own is selecting well just the noise from the engine please sir I'm very confuse and I don't want to spend much on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures) / Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED / InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.