Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,976 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work (39161 Views)

Black Legends:the Legendary Warrior Queen Amina Of Zazzau / Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Legendary YORUBA Clothing And Dressing : Pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Samgreguc(m): 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ogbakolo:
QUEEN AMINA WAS KILL IN IDAH KOGI STATE YOU FAIL TO MENTION THAT
Idah?
Interesting.. Would love to read abt her death den.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by abdulabbakar(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mprepz:
What did she do for Nigeria as a country

There was ntn named Nigeria then...Go back to History bro!
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
Lagusta:

So all the past Sarkis of hausaland were all Arabs abi....

Well you're right, Africans don't know anything....

It was Fulanis that brought cloths to the Hausa..They were just primitive and naked before Fulanis brought cloths to them and imposed Arabic culture on them. Amina was one of such Arab leaders that led and organized the Hausas.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hausa Hero and you mentioned a female Arab name Amina.. A hero is MALE and never female.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
seunlayi:
What about the saying that she loves konji well well?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

I knew this would come up.

Funny enough not just that she liked it. The story also goes on to say she killed any of the soldiers she did ''it'' with.
That way there was no ''see finish'' from any of them. She was like a black widow spider.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Ganjafama(m): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
dabriggs:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

I knew this would come up.

Funny enough not just that she liked it. The story also goes on to say she killed any of the soldiers she did ''it'' with.
That way there was no ''see finish'' from any of them. She was like a black widow spider.
Peradventure there was a tall handsome soldier she was eyeing. That soldier better castrate himself or else he is a goner.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by MsBella: 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Interesting! She reminds me of Queen Lakshmibai of Jhansi. Fearless warriors...
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
shota:

Amina was not African but Arab . Her name Amina is a clear proof .

You are possibly the dumb.Est person I have ever met on NL! So just because she has an Arabic muslim name she's an Arab? Ergo most northern Nigerians like myself are Arabs? Lol! Get a brain.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
shota:

It was Fulanis that brought cloths to the Hausa..They were just primitive and naked before Fulanis brought cloths to them and imposed Arabic culture on them. Amina was one of such Arab leaders that led and organized the Hausas.

Re.tarded sprag! And you think the hausa clothes worn today was brought by fulanis? And you think hausas weren't muslims long before the 19th century? Go and brush up on your history little boy!

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]Queen Amina was never a Muslim.
OP, go back to history class.[/size]

And your basis to support your botched theory?
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
abdulabbakar:

There was ntn named Nigeria then...Go back to History bro!
Atleast the zoo was still alive!
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Eluwilussit(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
daddysprincess:
I wonder why she Is not in our curriculum

Because we don't know whether Bakwa was her father or mother! That alone, is a major gap. What do u think? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Because we don't know whether Bakwa was her father or mother! That alone, is a major gap. What do u think? grin grin grin grin grin
hahaha
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by kaura5000: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
UnI
shota:

idiot do you think the baba riga is hausa or fulani? Have you had of the oldest dye pits in the world which is in kano
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by kaura5000: 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Many idiots don't know hausa had been muslims since the 10th century it wasn't fulani that brought islam to hausa rather it was the soninke of mali... fulani never brought anything to hausa because even at the time they arrive nigeria we were already far ahead.. that's some of the fulani assimilate themselves into hausa culture language etc
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by ModiKen(m): 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
pharmow:
We are the only that can write our history. Until we write and cherish our past, we have a long way to go.

Well said!!!

Africa in general and Nigeria in particular has a very rich history.

Amina is just one example African frmale warriors and legends.

Heroines abound all over Africa from Ethiopia to Ghana to Egypt to South Africa e.t.c

This is just only for the heroines. As for the heros, a thread on NL would not be enough to talk about the ones in Nigeria let alone Africa in general.

Nice one OP!

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by ModiKen(m): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
pharmow:
We are the only that can write our history. Until we write and cherish our past, we have a long way to go.

Well said!!!

Africa in general and Nigeria in particular has a very, very rich ancient history.

Amina is just one example of African female warriors and legends.

Heroines abound all over Africa from Ethiopia to Ghana to Egypt to South Africa e.t.c

This is just only of our heroines.

As for the heros, a thread on NL would not be enough to talk about the ones in Nigeria let alone Africa in general.

Nice one OP!

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by kaelz(m): 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by ModiKen(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
daddysprincess:
I wonder why she Is not in our curriculum

Because our education system is not structured to teach our young ones about where we are coming from.

How many youths in our country know of the Usman Dan Fodio of the Sokoto Caliphat and his war with the Oba of Benin who stopped his expansion down southern Nigeria in a bid to spread islam (if not Benin would have been an islamic state like Kwara)?

Our youths today know nothing of Idris Aloma of the Old Kanem-Bornu empire and his one man stand against an invading army from the Magreb.

Very few youths would be able to speak about the British invasion of the Benin Kingdom or of King Jaja of Opobo or of Mary Selessor.

Amina of Zaria was the first ruler to attempt uniting what is today known as Nigeria through trade and business and yet none of it is mentioned innour history books

Quite sad we have been fed with too much European and western history on the Roman, Persian and Greek empire, hence most people don't know we have very rich ancient history of ours that is filled with tales of conquests and Epic battles.

Not forgetting Chaka the Zulu of the ancient Zulu Kingdom of South Africa.

Damn! Dat dude could fight. grin
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by preselect(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
[size=18pt]now this is one of the few threads that make sense in this forum. Please anybody got another historically nourishing post about Nigeria?[/size]
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Alisha4U(f): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ogbakolo:
QUEEN AMINA WAS KILL IN IDAH KOGI STATE YOU FAIL TO MENTION THAT

That was what i wanted to say. She was not killed in atagara but by Attah Igala and in the present day Idah and not near Bida.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Hash86(m): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
ebengems:
i'm glad a history is finally erupting from the North..i thought those fellows are so corn + fused set of people

mean while get 50% discount when you order for AutoCAD Complete Video tutorial this Sallah. Check my signature and profile picture for more information
You are so foolish for that, is there any history from South afar from slave trade and idols worshipping.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by marley145: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Austin4lif:
She is a terrorist. She drove southern kaduna pple from their homes. The ganuwa or walls of zaria is being constructed with human beings alive. We should stop celebrating murderers in Nigeria. Many years to come, we will have abubakar shekur university bornu state
hahahahahah,oh boy no be lie o
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 26, 2015
I enjoyed reading that smiley nice one.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 4:10am On Sep 26, 2015
LOL when did they start wearing babariga ? you ll wear babariga forever if no other race change it .
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

Amina was not African but Arab . Her name Amina is a clear proof .
I don't think you know whar you're talking about, muslims all over the world give their kids arabic names, does that make them arabs?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 4:12am On Sep 26, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

Re.tarded sprag! And you think the hausa clothes worn today was brought by fulanis? And you think hausas weren't muslims long before the 19th century? Go and brush up on your history little boy!

LOL 19TH CENTURY ? Fulanis have worn cloths since the 5th century... They brought cloths on horse back to Hausa naked people..
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 4:13am On Sep 26, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

You are possibly the dumb.Est person I have ever met on NL! So just because she has an Arabic muslim name she's an Arab? Ergo most northern Nigerians like myself are Arabs? Lol! Get a brain.

Amina and her people imposed Arab culture on you guys.. The argument here is on Hausa. Amina was not queen of the North but Queen of Hausa land. The Northern Nigeria is not all Hausa land and I am sure you are not Hausa. Stop claiming Hausa if you are not. Claim your tribe.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 4:52am On Sep 26, 2015
lavendie:

I don't think you know whar you're talking about, muslims all over the world give their kids arabic names, does that make them arabs?

Hausa people were not Muslims from the onset. It was Fulanis that brought Islam to them. So are you saying There was no Hausa kingdom or people before Fulanis brought Islam to them ? You just confirmed what I meant by Amina was an Arab.. Hausa people before becoming Muslims do not have ARABIC names.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

Amina and her people imposed Arab culture on you guys.. The argument here is on Hausa. Amina was not queen of the North but Queen of Hausa land. The Northern Nigeria is not all Hausa land and I am sure you are not Hausa. Stop claiming Hausa if you are not. Claim your tribe.

I'm an umpteenth generation pure breed hausa you twirly dumb fuuuck!
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

LOL 19TH CENTURY ? Fulanis have worn cloths since the 5th century... They brought cloths on horse back to Hausa naked people..

Lol! Is this boy a clown or something? when did their interaction with hausas begin? Is traditional hausa clothing same with Unadulterated fulani clothing? Did you know that like my brother above mentioned, hausas have one of the oldest clothing dye pits in Africa and oldest in sub saharan Africa? Did they have any influence in Hausa culture, food, architecture, system of governance, clothing or anything? Heck the usman fodio youre probably speaking of wore and lived with hausa culture while growing up.

That being said you are a lying piece of shiiiiiiiiit! Which source has it documented that the fulanis or even hausas were clothed in the fifth century? Charlatan! I love my fulani brothers, but please try not to let your stupidity show.

I'm friggin sure you're from that gorilla looking unevolved sub specie of humans. You know yourselves. Only you can be this stupi.d but yet claim superior knowledge.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

Hausa people were not Muslims from the onset. It was Fulanis that brought Islam to them. So are you saying There was no Hausa kingdom or people before Fulanis brought Islam to them ? You just confirmed what I meant by Amina was an Arab.. Hausa people before becoming Muslims do not have ARABIC names.

Wrooooong! You southerners love to dabble in our issues when you know nothing about them. Islam began spreading in Hausa land in the eleventh (kanuris even earlier) century and by the fourteenth century most hausas embraced islam. Muhammad rumfa (another Arabic name, check him out, 400 hundred years before the Fulani war) an Emir of kano played a great part of that. The feud with the fulanis was because of latter hausa kings who were admittedly a bit cruel and began introducing parts of Hausa paganism back into the society, the war wasn't about islamization it was about purifying and ensuring the pure practice of islam. Read up on your history books. Charlatan!

There are countless muslim hausa figures long before the 19th century, don't be a headless chicken!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asiri Ijinle Awon Woli Lailai / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans / Photos From Adeyeye Enitan's Coronation As Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.