Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work (39273 Views)

Black Legends:the Legendary Warrior Queen Amina Of Zazzau / Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Legendary YORUBA Clothing And Dressing : Pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Ganjafama(m): 7:20am On Sep 26, 2015
ModiKen:

Because our education system is not structured to teach our young ones about where we are coming from.

How many youths in our country know of the Usman Dan Fodio of the Sokoto Caliphat and his war with the Oba of Benin who stopped his expansion down southern Nigeria in a bid to spread islam (if not Benin would have been an islamic state like Kwara)?

Our youths today know nothing of Idris Aloma of the Old Kanem-Bornu empire and his one man stand against an invading army from the Magreb.

Very few youths would be able to speak about the British invasion of the Benin Kingdom or of King Jaja of Opobo or of Mary Selessor.

Amina of Zaria was the first ruler to attempt uniting what is today known as Nigeria through trade and business and yet none of it is mentioned innour history books

Quite sad we have been fed with too much European and western history on the Roman, Persian and Greek empire, hence most people don't know we have very rich ancient history of ours that is filled with tales of conquests and Epic battles.

Not forgetting Chaka the Zulu of the ancient Zulu Kingdom of South Africa.

Damn! Dat dude could fight. grin
The children of nowadays know only to play videogames and watch cable tv. They know nothing about african history.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

Amina was not African but Arab . Her name Amina is a clear proof .

If your first name is John, Ben or some bullcrap like that, you are a white male and not African. Arabic FYI is an Afro-Asiatic language just like Hausa. Some Nigerians are so naïve (maybe you are not Nigerian).
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

It was Fulanis that brought cloths to the Hausa..They were just primitive and naked before Fulanis brought cloths to them and imposed Arabic culture on them. Amina was one of such Arab leaders that led and organized the Hausas.

That's a lie
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2015
kaura5000:
Many idiots don't know hausa had been muslims since the 10th century it wasn't fulani that brought islam to hausa rather it was the soninke of mali... fulani never brought anything to hausa because even at the time they arrive nigeria we were already far ahead.. that's some of the fulani assimilate themselves into hausa culture language etc

Some correction here, Hausa people became Muslims around 1220 - 1250, that was around the time the Soninke came to present day Nigeria.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

LOL 19TH CENTURY ? Fulanis have worn cloths since the 5th century... They brought cloths on horse back to Hausa naked people..

What do you know about Ful6e people? We have worn clothes for millennia thousands of years
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by EazyMoh(m): 8:03am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

It was Fulanis that brought cloths to the Hausa..They were just primitive and naked before Fulanis brought cloths to them and imposed Arabic culture on them. Amina was one of such Arab leaders that led and organized the Hausas.
Nothing is as devastating as half literacy, you think you know while actually you don't know anything. That's really hopeless.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2015
EazyMoh:

Nothing is as devastating as half literacy, you think you know while actually you don't know anything. That's really hopeless.

Literacy is the ability to read and write.. It has got nothing to do with the knowledge or lack of knowledge of the history of a people. .Stop disgracing yourself.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 8:28am On Sep 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

What do you know about Ful6e people? We have worn clothes for millennia thousands of years

Another sick man. Ok it is not about Fulbe.. Fulbe peeps have worn cloths for millennia but this is about Hausa and what I am saying is.. Fulbe brought cloths to Hausa.. I hope you understand English.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by EazyMoh(m): 8:31am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

Literacy is the ability to read and write.. It has got nothing to do with the knowledge or lack of knowledge of the history of a people. .Stop disgracing yourself.
OK Prof. I rest my case.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 8:31am On Sep 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

If your first name is John, Ben or some bullcrap like that, you are a white male and not African. Arabic FYI is an Afro-Asiatic language just like Hausa. Some Nigerians are so naïve (maybe you are not Nigerian).

Amina is not a Hausa name .. Hausa are not Arabs. Their historical names before HAVING CONTACT with Arabs can not be Arabic.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

Another sick man. Ok it is not about Fulbe.. Fulbe peeps have worn cloths for millennia but this is about Hausa and what I am saying is.. Fulbe brought cloths to Hausa.. I hope you understand English.

I hope you were not born retar.ded because it sure seems like you are. I'm a Fulani 100% and I can assure you 100% that we did not bring clothes to Hausa people. You really don't know much it's best you keep quiet. You just keep exposing yourself for the low IQ possessing individual that you are.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 10:04am On Sep 26, 2015
shota:

Amina is not a Hausa name .. Hausa are not Arabs. Their historical names before HAVING CONTACT with Arabs can not be Arabic.

I don't know if you are being serious or were just born with some serious defects. So if your name is John, Francis, Stephen, Ben, Tony, etc. are you a white man?
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
ModiKen:

Because our education system is not structured to teach our young ones about where we are coming from.

How many youths in our country know of the Usman Dan Fodio of the Sokoto Caliphat and his war with the Oba of Benin who stopped his expansion down southern Nigeria in a bid to spread islam (if not Benin would have been an islamic state like Kwara)?

Our youths today know nothing of Idris Aloma of the Old Kanem-Bornu empire and his one man stand against an invading army from the Magreb.

Very few youths would be able to speak about the British invasion of the Benin Kingdom or of King Jaja of Opobo or of Mary Selessor.

Amina of Zaria was the first ruler to attempt uniting what is today known as Nigeria through trade and business and yet none of it is mentioned innour history books

Quite sad we have been fed with too much European and western history on the Roman, Persian and Greek empire, hence most people don't know we have very rich ancient history of ours that is filled with tales of conquests and Epic battles.

Not forgetting Chaka the Zulu of the ancient Zulu Kingdom of South Africa.

Damn! Dat dude could fight. grin
I studied history in school I was thought all this people u mentioned but not this queen amina even in my secondary school history I was thought shaka. Aloma. Dan fodio samoure and many more
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by ModiKen(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
daddysprincess:
I studied history in school I was thought all this people u mentioned but not this queen amina even in my secondary school history I was thought shaka. Aloma. Dan fodio samoure and many more

When did you study history in secondary school?

When did you finish JSS 3?
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=ModiKen post=38426807]

When did you finish JSS 3?[/quote how does that affect the fact I studied history in school
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
ModiKen:

When did you finish JSS 3?
how does that affect the fact that I studied history in sch and I carried it as my course
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
daddysprincess:

There was actually Queen Amina but the truth is, she was not Hausa just as Dan Fodio was not Hausa. The Hausa never had any organized system before the Fulanis came .
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
shota:

There was actually Queen Amina but the truth is, she was not Hausa just as Dan Fodio was not Hausa. The Hausa never had any organized system before the Fulanis came .
ok dear
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
shota:

Looool! Who's system of governance are the fulanis using? Who were the trading powerhouse of that era? The organized Kingdoms the fulanis conquered, were they responsible for them? Name one thing the fulanis brought to Hausa land. Re.tard! Ypu know nothing about our affairs, stay out of them just because your people have no plausible history, doesn't give you the right to pervert that of others. Not at all and definitely not with the weight of stupidity on your back!

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
daddysprincess:
ok dear

You best ignore the barmy bloke. I strongly suspect he might be retar.ded.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Rumfa

Here's another legendary hausa figure, the sultan of the kano sultanate who reigned from 1463 until his death in 1499, responsible for the islamization of most of kano. Was he an Arab or fulani too? Infact, one of his advisers, an Algerian Muhammad Al maghili was responsible for the islamization of most Hausa, Tuareg nd Fulbe people. He has an Arabic name does he not? He reigned over three centuries before the great bil foduye did he not?

Shota daddysprincess

Fun fact: Did you know that the first recorded islamic jihad in West Africa was fought by the hausas?

https://www.nairaland.com/2435347/first-recorded-jihad-west-africa
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

You best ignore the barmy bloke. I strongly suspect he might be retar.ded.
its not good to insult someone on a sunday or anyday
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
ZelrothCloven:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Rumfa

Here's another legendary hausa figure, the sultan of the kano sultanate who reigned from 1463 until his death in 1499, responsible for the islamization of most of kano. Was he an Arab or fulani too? Infact, one of his advisers, an Algerian Muhammad Al maghili was responsible for the islamization of most Hausa, Tuareg nd Fulbe people. He has an Arabic name does he not? He reigned over three centuries before the great bil foduye did he not?

Shota daddysprincess

Fun fact: Did you know that the first recorded islamic jihad in West Africa was fought by the hausas?

https://www.nairaland.com/2435347/first-recorded-jihad-west-africa
there are lot of hidden history in nigeria history
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
daddysprincess:
its not good to insult someone on a sunday or anyday

And he had the audacity to insult my Exalted and noble race? Why didn't you pick his brain for that? Except you support him in his silly and frankly disturbing assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

And he had the audacity to insult my Exalted and noble race? Why didn't you pick his brain for that? Except you support him in his silly and frankly disturbing assumptions.
I didn't support him but he didn't insult your race just let it be or let it pass
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
daddysprincess:
I didn't support him but he didn't insult your race just let it be or let it pass

He called us "primitive and unclad". That sounds an awful lot like an insult to me.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

He called us "primitive and unclad". That sounds an awful lot like an insult to me.
ok on his behalf am sorry for that.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asiri Ijinle Awon Woli Lailai / Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria / Badirat Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo’s Wife Matriculates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.