Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work (39218 Views)

Black Legends:the Legendary Warrior Queen Amina Of Zazzau / Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Legendary YORUBA Clothing And Dressing : Pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
ZelrothCloven:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Rumfa

Here's another legendary hausa figure, the sultan of the kano sultanate who reigned from 1463 until his death in 1499, responsible for the islamization of most of kano. Was he an Arab or fulani too? Infact, one of his advisers, an Algerian Muhammad Al maghili was responsible for the islamization of most Hausa, Tuareg nd Fulbe people. He has an Arabic name does he not? He reigned over three centuries before the great bil foduye did he not?

Shota daddysprincess

Fun fact: Did you know that the first recorded islamic jihad in West Africa was fought by the hausas?

https://www.nairaland.com/2435347/first-recorded-jihad-west-africa

you swine eating humanoid . You complaining that I insult you when you started the insult.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
shota:

Now if there was an organized Hausa system please tell me who was the ruler before Amina ? Tell me 3 more rulers of the Hausa state before the Fulanis came ? I can give you 10 past rulers of my own kingdom running back to the 10th century

There are originally seven hausa states, I'll give you the rulers from my state, kano.

Kings of The Kingdom of Kano
Bagauda (ruled 999-1063)
Warisi (ruled 1063-1095)
Gijimasu (ruled 1095-1134)
Nawata (ruled 1134-1136)
Yusa (ruled 1136-1194)
Naguji (ruled 1194-1247)
Guguwa (ruled 1247-1290)
Shekarau (ruled 1290-1307)
Tsamiya (ruled 1307-1343)
Usman Zamnagawa (ruled 1343-1349)
Yaji I (ruled 1349-1385)
Sultans of Kano, Kano Sultanate
Yaji I (ruled 1349-1385)
Bugaya (ruled 1385-1390)
Muhammad Sunusi Rijiyar Za (ruled 1390-1410)
Umaru (ruled 1410-1421)
Daud (ruled 1421-1438)
Abdullah Burja (ruled 1438-1452)
Dakauta (ruled 1452)
Atuma (ruled 1452)
Yaquled (1452-1463)
Muhammad Rumfa (ruled 1463-1499)
Abdullah (ruled 1499-1509)
Kanoan Empire
Muhammad Kisoki (ruled 1509-1565)
Yakufu (ruled 1565)
Muhammad Sunusi Rijiyar zaki I (ruled 1565)
Abu-Bakr Kado (ruled 1565-1573)
Muhammad Shashere (ruled 1573-1582)
Muhammad Zaki (ruled 1582-1618)
Muhammad Nazaki (ruled 1618-1623)
Kano Sultanate
House of Kutumbi
Kutumbi (ruled 1623-1648)
al-Hajj (ruled 1648-1649)
Shekarau (emir) (ruled 1649-1651)
Muhammad Kukuna (ruled 1651-1652)
Soyaki (ruled 1652)
Muhammad Kukuna (restored) (ruled 1652-1660)
Bawa (ruled 1660-1670)
Dadi (ruled 1670-1703)
Muhammad Sharif (ruled 1703-1731)
Kumbari (ruled 1731-1743)
al-Hajj Kabe (ruled 1743-1753)
Yaji II (ruled 1753-1768)
Baba Zaki (ruled 1768-1776)
Daud Abasama II (ruled 1776-1781)
Muhammad al-Walid (ruled 1781-1805)

As listed in the infamous "kano chronicles" and "the song of bagauda."

Please, I dare you to do the same while citing ancient books written by your ancestors in their own original script. (I bet your ancestors couldn't write tongue)

What you also fail to understand is there are different hausas with different features and ethnic background same language and culture. There are kanawas, katsinawas, zazzagawas etc Amina was the ruler of the hausas of zaria.

When it comes to history, I dont care who your people are, you can't compete with us.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
shota:

you swine eating humanoid . You complaining that I insult you when you started the insult.

Did you not call my people primitive and unclad? Shiit stabber!
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
shota:

There was nothing like Sultan of Kano. LOL it was Usman Dan fodio that brought Islam to the Hausa states and who established the only sultanate..

This is becoming funny! Still clinging to your stupidity? grin Looool! Can you quote your sources?
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by ModiKen(m): 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
daddysprincess:
how does that affect the fact that I studied history in sch and I carried it as my course

It doesn't affect it in anyway.

Just wanted to know cos I'm a bit surprised u said you studied it.

Tot it has been wiped out completely from our schools curriculum.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
ModiKen:

It doesn't affect it in anyway.

Just wanted to know cos I'm a bit surprised u said you studied it.

Tot it has been wiped out completely from our schools curriculum.
how can history be wipe out from school curriculum. I don't know shall cause am the oNly one that studied history in my family. Which year was it wipe cause as of 2011 my brother sch still teach it
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by ModiKen(m): 5:37am On Sep 28, 2015
daddysprincess:
how can history be wipe out from school curriculum. I don't know shall cause am the oNly one that studied history in my family. Which year was it wipe cause as of 2011 my brother sch still teach it

Hmmm....interesting.

But I think its same today as it was during my time, history classes end at JSS3 (correct me if I'm wrong).

However, I think it isn't taught enough. For example, a visit to the local museum should be included in the curriculm (maybe as a form of excusion); after all what is theory without practical.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daddysprincess(f): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2015
ModiKen:

Hmmm....interesting.

But I think its same today as it was during my time, history classes end at JSS3 (correct me if I'm wrong).

However, I think it isn't taught enough. For example, a visit to the local museum should be included in the curriculm (maybe as a form of excusion); after all what is theory without practical.
high institution do go for excursion. Excursion was included. In the sch curriculum but trust our nigeria teachers na
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 12:20am On Sep 29, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

There are originally seven hausa states, I'll give you the rulers from my state, kano.

Kings of The Kingdom of Kano
Bagauda (ruled 999-1063)
Warisi (ruled 1063-1095)
Gijimasu (ruled 1095-1134)
Nawata (ruled 1134-1136)
Yusa (ruled 1136-1194)
Naguji (ruled 1194-1247)
Guguwa (ruled 1247-1290)
Shekarau (ruled 1290-1307)
Tsamiya (ruled 1307-1343)
Usman Zamnagawa (ruled 1343-1349)
Yaji I (ruled 1349-1385)
Sultans of Kano, Kano Sultanate
Yaji I (ruled 1349-1385)
Bugaya (ruled 1385-1390)
Muhammad Sunusi Rijiyar Za (ruled 1390-1410)
Umaru (ruled 1410-1421)
Daud (ruled 1421-1438)
Abdullah Burja (ruled 1438-1452)
Dakauta (ruled 1452)
Atuma (ruled 1452)
Yaquled (1452-1463)
Muhammad Rumfa (ruled 1463-1499)
Abdullah (ruled 1499-1509)
Kanoan Empire
Muhammad Kisoki (ruled 1509-1565)
Yakufu (ruled 1565)
Muhammad Sunusi Rijiyar zaki I (ruled 1565)
Abu-Bakr Kado (ruled 1565-1573)
Muhammad Shashere (ruled 1573-1582)
Muhammad Zaki (ruled 1582-1618)
Muhammad Nazaki (ruled 1618-1623)
Kano Sultanate
House of Kutumbi
Kutumbi (ruled 1623-1648)
al-Hajj (ruled 1648-1649)
Shekarau (emir) (ruled 1649-1651)
Muhammad Kukuna (ruled 1651-1652)
Soyaki (ruled 1652)
Muhammad Kukuna (restored) (ruled 1652-1660)
Bawa (ruled 1660-1670)
Dadi (ruled 1670-1703)
Muhammad Sharif (ruled 1703-1731)
Kumbari (ruled 1731-1743)
al-Hajj Kabe (ruled 1743-1753)
Yaji II (ruled 1753-1768)
Baba Zaki (ruled 1768-1776)
Daud Abasama II (ruled 1776-1781)
Muhammad al-Walid (ruled 1781-1805)

As listed in the infamous "kano chronicles" and "the song of bagauda."

Please, I dare you to do the same while citing ancient books written by your ancestors in their own original script. (I bet your ancestors couldn't write tongue)

What you also fail to understand is there are different hausas with different features and ethnic background same language and culture. There are kanawas, katsinawas, zazzagawas etc Amina was the ruler of the hausas of zaria.

When it comes to history, I dont care who your people are, you can't compete with us.

At what time did KANO become a Muslim enclave ?
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 29, 2015
shota:

At what time did KANO become a Muslim enclave ?

Islam began spreading in Kano around the 11th century. Yaji I who ruled from 1349-1385 is accredited by most as the first muslim ruler of the kano sultanate.

Yaji converted to Islam, relinquished the powerful theocratic cult of the Hausa Animist religion, the Tsumbubura,
and proclaimed Kano a Sultanate. He violently crushed a subsequent rebellion by the Animist cult at the Battle of Santolo waging in the processes the first Islamic Jihad in Sudanic Africa. He conquered the Kwararafa and the numerous Hausa Kingdoms around Kano laying the seeds for Kanoan dominance in the Bilad as Sudan. He died in 1385 having laid the seeds for an eventual Kanoan Empire

Keep dancing around.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

And he had the audacity to insult my Exalted and noble race? Why didn't you pick his brain for that? Except you support him in his silly and frankly disturbing assumptions.

It's called selective arguing. It a Northerner is being insulted it's ok, whereas if anyone is being insulted, then it's not.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 7:01am On Sep 29, 2015
Why are people even bothering with this Shota guy, it's obvious a huge portion of his brain isn't working.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2015
Fulaman198:
Why are people even bothering with this Shota guy, it's obvious a huge portion of his brain isn't working.

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 1:00am On Sep 30, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

Islam began spreading in Kano around the 11th century. Yaji I who ruled from 1349-1385 is accredited by most as the first muslim ruler of the kano sultanate.

Yaji converted to Islam, relinquished the powerful theocratic cult of the Hausa Animist religion, the Tsumbubura,
and proclaimed Kano a Sultanate. He violently crushed a subsequent rebellion by the Animist cult at the Battle of Santolo waging in the processes the first Islamic Jihad in Sudanic Africa. He conquered the Kwararafa and the numerous Hausa Kingdoms around Kano laying the seeds for Kanoan dominance in the Bilad as Sudan. He died in 1385 having laid the seeds for an eventual Kanoan Empire

Keep dancing around.

1349-1385 is the 14th century and not 11th century. So 11th century to the 14th century is like 300 years.. If Islam started spreading in Kano at that time which would be small , Islam would have taken over the entire Kano before YAJI.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 30, 2015
shota:

1349-1385 is the 14th century and not 11th century. So 11th century to the 14th century is like 300 years.. If Islam started spreading in Kano at that time which would be small , Islam would have taken over the entire Kano before YAJI.

If it wasn't confirmed before it has been confirmed now. You my friend are a witless idiott.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

Cos Arab culture is bad.. You have been Arabized .
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
shota:

Cos Arab culture is bad.. You have been Arabized .

I'm pretty sure I don't practise Arab culture and Fulani culture only. For one, I speak Fulfulde language far better than Arabic, two, I wear Fulani clothing, three, I eat Fulani dishes, four, I practise Pulaagu.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'm pretty sure I don't practise Arab culture and Fulani culture only. For one, I speak Fulfulde language far better than Arabic, two, I wear Fulani clothing, three, I eat Fulani dishes, four, I practise Pulaagu.

Lol! The idiott is just envious of the north's rich history and superior culture. I honestly don't think you can have a rational discussion with this bloke.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 4:26am On Oct 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

So you dont speak Hausa but Fulfulde ? Hausa people do not speak Fulfulde in Nigeria.. They speak Hausa. And Hausa today is full of Arabic like Walaitalia .
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by shota(m): 4:33am On Oct 01, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

Lol! The idiott is just envious of the north's rich history and superior culture. I honestly don't think you can have a rational discussion with this bloke.

My culture is richer than your primitive display you call Culture....LOL

check one aspect of my culture...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykhKFFWYcIE

and Hausa Fulani thing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXDrX2Qa_4
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 6:00am On Oct 01, 2015
shota:

So you dont speak Hausa but Fulfulde ? Hausa people do not speak Fulfulde in Nigeria.. They speak Hausa. And Hausa today is full of Arabic like Walaitalia .

I speak both Fulfulde and Hausa. Fulfulde is my first language and Hausa is my second language. Like Arabic, Hausa is an Afro-Asiatic language. There are a total of 150 Afro-Asiatic languages in Nigeria, with Hausa being the most widespread, Hausa belongs to the Chadic family of Afro-Asiatic languages, however there are other family trees of Afro-Asiatic languages like Berber, Chadic (mentioned earlier), Oromoic, Semetic, etc.

If you were a TRUE African you would know that. You would also know that Afro-Asiatic languages originated from Africa and no where else.

Language groups that are in close proximity to one another often borrow words and incorporate it in their language (that's how language works). Hausa has Arabic loan words for this reason. I'm sure there are dialects of Arabic that have Hausa influence (Like the Shuwa dialect of Arabic spoken in Nigeria amongst the Baggara Arabs that inhabit NE Nigeria, Chad, Northern Cameroon and Sudan.)

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

He's not very knowledgeable of the things he talks about, then again most people are not very knowledgeable. I think all African cultures/traditions are great personally.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

He's not very knowledgeable of the things he talks about, then again most people are not very knowledgeable. I think all African cultures/traditions are great personally.

True brother. Indeed all African cultures are great, not to sound like a douche but I'm just saying in this context, mines better. Loool!
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 01, 2015
shota:

My culture is richer than your primitive display you call Culture....LOL

check one aspect of my culture...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykhKFFWYcIE

and Hausa Fulani thing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXDrX2Qa_4

Lol! This is your argument? This is what you choose to compare? LOOOL! First of all What is hausa fulani please? Who are they? I don't know them. And btw, even in this comparison with the music and all, the video of your people shows a group of cultureless sleep depraved weird looking breed of people I still maintain aren't fully evolved humans. You my friend do not know what culture is.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 7:39am On Oct 01, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

True brother. Indeed all African cultures are great, not to sound like a douche but I'm just saying in this context, mines better. Loool!

Well to each their own, I think we should stop trying to compare whose culture is better and look forward to aggressively progressing this country to where it should be. It won't come with immature behaviour between you and this Shota guy.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

Well to each their own, I think we should stop trying to compare whose culture is better and look forward to aggressively progressing this country to where it should be. It won't come with immature behaviour between you and this Shota guy.

Immature haha? This is just banter, Of course when it comes to serious issues then it has nothing to do with culture. I don't see how a harmless exchange like this can hinder the progress of our country. If you can, please feel free to elaborate.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Fulaman198(m): 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

Immature haha? This is just banter, Of course when it comes to serious issues then it has nothing to do with culture. I don't see how a harmless exchange like this can hinder the progress of our country. If you can, please feel free to elaborate.

It may seem like this is a harmless exchange, although Shota started it with his childish and non-scientific behaviour. However, to the denizens of Nigeria, this seems more like "so this is how so and so view one another on a faceless forum." Most people express how they truly feel when they feel as if none knows them online. I'm not saying that this is the case with you, because generally speaking, one property does not always apply to others. However, people like to generalise. If one Hausa man, or one Calabari man shows some kind of ethnic superiority by stating childish statements like "my culture is superior to yours" most people will start to generalise and think that all Hausas and all Calabaris behave in such a manner.

Typically speaking, this violates rule #2: Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES. (Tribes also means ethnic groups since Hausa and Kalabari are ethnic groups and not tribes.)

I don't mean to sound like a mean person, this is not my objective. My objective here is to educate people like Shota who seem very clueless in regards to people of the North. What most people don't realise is that being a Muslim does not make one an Arab. There are Arab Christians.
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

It may seem like this is a harmless exchange, although Shota started it with his childish and non-scientific behaviour. However, to the denizens of Nigeria, this seems more like "so this is how so and so view one another on a faceless forum." Most people express how they truly feel when they feel as if none knows them online. I'm not saying that this is the case with you, because generally speaking, one property does not always apply to others. However, people like to generalise. If one Hausa man, or one Calabari man shows some kind of ethnic superiority by stating childish statements like "my culture is superior to yours" most people will start to generalise and think that all Hausas and all Calabaris behave in such a manner.

Typically speaking, this violates rule #2: Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES. (Tribes also means ethnic groups since Hausa and Kalabari are ethnic groups and not tribes.)

I don't mean to sound like a mean person, this is not my objective. My objective here is to educate people like Shota who seem very clueless in regards to people of the North. What most people don't realise is that being a Muslim does not make one an Arab. There are Arab Christians.

Indeed you're right. I've never been a person who holds prejudice against the culture or ethnicity of others until I mistakenly came across this forum. The insults showered by his people and similar groups on my people is just unbelievable. Maybe its high time someone knocks them off their high horse and shows them the reality that they are not even close to us on any area, let's not even start talking about superiority so maybe it's time they all drop the braggadocio. If he wants to interprete my views as that of all of my people or even the whole north, that just further shows his cluelessness. But people like him on this forum need to be taught a serious lesson
lesson.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daxlasaint(m): 5:53am On Oct 02, 2015
daddysprincess:
I wonder why she Is not in our curriculum

She is, at least she was in mine
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daxlasaint(m): 6:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Mprepz:

That woman or man. Whatever!! Is no difference from these boko haram

Pls aquire sense... biko na beg I dey beg u
Re: Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work by daxlasaint(m): 6:04am On Oct 02, 2015
Austin4lif:
She is a terrorist. She drove southern kaduna pple from their homes. The ganuwa or walls of zaria is being constructed with human beings alive. We should stop celebrating murderers in Nigeria. Many years to come, we will have abubakar shekur university bornu state

And which great leader of that era achieved greatness without conquest or what you so freely label as murder and terrorism?... name just one... doesn't even have to be African... mtchewwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stuart Symington In Traditional Attire To Visit Emir Sanusi / Asiri Ijinle Awon Woli Lailai / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.