Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent (2758 Views)

Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / 13 Questions Nigerian Parents Ask When You Say You’re Going To Visit A Friend / Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Richy4(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2015
jashar:

Please explain 'treating him like a girl'. Girls should be treated like the way he was treated right?

I don't really need to spell it for you .

That young man has something between her legs. That makes him a man.

Therefore, I believe every kid in the house should do chores in their household. I equally believe that there are chores for the male kids as well as chores for the female children.

There's no way a boy will be in the house and a female child takes over the mowing the premises. Mowing should be a boy's chores.

And it is not ok for a female child to be at home Expecially an adult female; watching TV and a boy step into the kitchen and cook all the time.

But in this case, there was no female child in the family except the mother. So this kids should do all the chores but their parents should be encouraging them Expecially those ones they can't handle very well like cooking.

And those boys should be cooking occasionally. Not every day except the mother was ill or something. How can she be watching TV all the days of her life and the boy will be cooking and she has the guts to say the meat was uncooked?

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by faith2ogesco(m): 10:42am On Sep 23, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Yeah, the woman would have simply encouraged him instead...
However, two wrongs don't make a right, he would have found a better way of handling it instead of flaring up and exchanging words with his mum..

In Africa, you must obey your parents as long as you're still under their roof and they fend for you. . You just have to hustle and leave ASAP... No, I don't justify the treatment some parents mete out to their kids...
when a 40 something yr old woman doesn't behave wisely u expect her 20+ son to do same. Where did he get d habit from Me?

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by HitlerGaddafi: 11:30am On Sep 23, 2015
Dyt:

You are the one African mentality is killing
What do you mean by he's got no business in the kitchen
You will so use your wife even when she's at the point of pushing
Don't worry
Your ego will drive you nuts when you marry a feminist
Your types thinks women are slaves and shouldn't be anywhere other than the kitchen

nor be my money she use cook food? I suffer to raise money make i still suffer enter kitchen dey cook again? undecided Why i con marry am put for house then? If she cant cook my food then she will pack her bags and leave my home.
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by HitlerGaddafi: 11:50am On Sep 23, 2015
jashar:

You said we should drop African mentality baa?

So who now has business in the kitchen?

Ghosts of Christmas Past shey?
In my candid opinion, the kitchen is meant for mainly for the women. I'm not saying guys shouldn't be doing kitchen chores, they can but it should minimal and basic. Similar thing happened to me years back and my mom said shey if i marry,will i expect my wife to be cooking for me? Any time I remember that statement till date i will just burst into laughter.
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2015
I'm appalled by the kind of response from the ladies. jashar , freecocoa ,MarvellousGod , Dyt I must say I'm disappointed.
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Dyt(f): 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

nor be my money she use cook food? I suffer to raise money make i still suffer enter kitchen dey cook again? undecided Why i con marry am put for house then? If she cant cook my food then she will pack her bags and leave my home.

Wow
A round of applause for you
Pls go buy yourself a slave

I am not kuku saying she shouldn't cook for you
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Dyt(f): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Xbabangida:
I'm appalled by the kind of response from the ladies. jashar , freecocoa ,MarvellousGod , Dyt I must say I'm disappointed.

If that friend of yours follow your advice
He will be doomed
#my opinion
We all can't be right
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by freecocoa(f): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Xbabangida:
How is it my business?

Seriously though,you should be more disappointed in yourself for agreeing that a chore considered demeaning for a man, is befitting for a woman.

If I ask you why a man shouldn't do chores as much and better than the said nephew of yours, you won't give any reasonable answer, so why should I care what you feel?
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by jashar(f): 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

In my candid opinion, the kitchen is meant for mainly for the women. I'm not saying guys shouldn't be doing kitchen chores, they can but it should minimal and basic. Similar thing happened to me years back and my mom said shey if i marry,will i expect my wife to be cooking for me? Any time I remember that statement till date i will just burst into laughter.

Thank fully, it's your opinion.

Here's mine and it's a fact. As long as you're hungry, and you eat food from a kitchen, anything involving the kitchen involves you.
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by jashar(f): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
Richy4:

I don't really need to spell it for you .

That young man has something between her legs. That makes him a man.

Therefore, I believe every kid in the house should do chores in their household. I equally believe that there are chores for the male kids as well as chores for the female children.

There's no way a boy will be in the house and a female child takes over the mowing the premises. Mowing should be a boy's chores.

And it is not ok for a female child to be at home Expecially an adult female; watching TV and a boy step into the kitchen and cook all the time.

But in this case, there was no female child in the family except the mother. So this kids should do all the chores but their parents should be encouraging them Expecially those ones they can't handle very well like cooking.

And those boys should be cooking occasionally. Not every day except the mother was ill or something. How can she be watching TV all the days of her life and the boy will be cooking and she has the guts to say the meat was uncooked?

A young lady has something between her legs and on her chest that makes her a WOMAN.

A mother has every right to do what she wants in her husbands' house. Is she his maid or girlfriend?
A young man in his 20s is still depending on his mother to cook for him? BIG SHAME. The mother is training up her son in the right way by making him cook and cook well.

So, it's only men that can relax abi, women don't have blood flowing in their veins ba?

We run on liquid mercury. Thanks for the consideration.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
freecocoa:
How is it my business?

Seriously though,you should be more disappointed in yourself for agreeing that a chore considered demeaning for a man, is befitting for a woman.

If I ask you why a man shouldn't do chores as much and better than the said nephew of yours, you won't give any reasonable answer, so why should I care what you feel?
I can give you 1001 reasons. Well you can continue washing the cars, cleaning the garage, mowing the lawn, fix electrical problems, feed and bath the dogs, iron all the cloths in the house, and lots more since you said masculine and feminine jobs shouldn't be divided. Just alone imagine yourself jumping on top of a car to wash the roof of the car.....People will just be looking at you as a tomboy. Well, its your choice tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by freecocoa(f): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
Xbabangida:

I can give you 1001 reasons. Well you can continue washing the cars, cleaning the garage, mowing the lawn, fix electrical problems, feed and bath the dogs, iron all the cloths in the house, and lots more since you said masculine and feminine jobs shouldn't be divided. Just alone imagine yourself jumping on top of a car to wash the roof of the car.....People will just be looking at you as a tomboy. Well, its your choice tho.
Lmao grin and you are the disappointed one? Dude just don't make me laugh biko.
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
Xbabangida:
I'm appalled by the kind of response from the ladies. ja.shar , free.cocoa ,MarvellousGod , D.yt I must say I'm disappointed.
Sorry for disappointing you nne.. undecided

I don't see anything wrong with a male doing chores in a house where he lives...yeah, some chores are seen to be gender specific but what's wrong with doing it from time to time if you can esp since it's in your house...

My only concern with the issue is the way the mum corrected him, then the canning. ....
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by HitlerGaddafi: 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
jashar:

Here's mine and it's a fact. As long as you're hungry, and you eat food from a kitchen, anything involving the kitchen involves you.
Dyt:

Wow
A round of applause for you
Pls go buy yourself a slave
I am not kuku saying she shouldn't cook for you
jashar:

I swear lalasticlala, obinoscpy or one of these moderators suppose put this thing on frontpage. So Jashar you are telling me that cooking should involve me too despite the fact I have a wife in the house who is not crippled ? undecided Chai what kind of wicked generation of women do we have these days?
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Richy4(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
jashar:

A young lady has something between her legs and on her chest that makes her a WOMAN.

A mother has every right to do what she wants in her husbands' house. Is she his maid or girlfriend?
A young man in his 20s is still depending on his mother to cook for him? BIG SHAME. The mother is training up her son in the right way by making him cook and cook well.

So, it's only men that can relax abi, women don't have blood flowing in their veins ba?

We run on liquid mercury. Thanks for the consideration.

Did you actually read what I have written or you are just gearing up for argument?

Please read what I have written again.

Maybe you missed the place where the op wrote that the mother doesn't cook.

Most mothers love to cook for their children Expecially when the husband is alive.
It got nothing to do with her being their girl friends or maid.
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by haul: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
The ladies here are sick! they are some twisted feminist!

When a woman is in a position of power they tend to lord of the male specifically to feel like a real power trip woman!

Nonsense, bunch of mentally crippled home!
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by Neverquit(f): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
So will the guy be angry if it was his father watching tv? I don't think so.

For most men on this thread, I weep for your wives (or future wives)

For xbabangida, I weep for your future DIL.

My mum is truly one of a kind.

When growing up, we had gender specific chores for one week and then switch.

I know how to change tires, wash the car etc so also my brothers can cook and take care of the house. Their wives are always calling to thank my mum for raising considerate men.

She also taught the girls how to still know how to ask for help, and being feminine.

I really hope xbabangida will not come back here to write tales on how her husband does not help out around the house.

And no, I do not support the flogging. The child was rude though.
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by limamintruth: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
Xbabangida:
Something happened last week to a nephew of mine who is in his twenties, based in lagos and still in the university. First and foremost ,they have no female in the family except the mother. This nephew of mine is the eldest of three sons and does all the house chores like sweeping ,cleaning and even cooking while the mother does absolutely nothing except watching africa magic while the son is busy in the kitchen cooking what the family will eat.
On this day, the mother complained about this nephew not cooking the meat he was asked to cook well that he didn't add spice and wash the meat well and he told the mother boldly, ''I am not a woman, you can't expect me to cook the food any better''. This caused a heated argument and the mother reported him to his father. His father told him to apologize which he failed to do because he felt he wasn't at fault. Then he asked him to kneel down brought belt from the room and flogged him. This nephew of mine is grown up and an adult and it was so alarming that a parent would stoop so low to flog someone who is old enough to own a family of his own. He even contemplated reporting the matter to the police and file a case of physical assault but he decided to change his mind. Please house what is your take on this and who is to blame. Also to add to the issue,at what age did your parent stop flogging you? because flogging a child in his twenties looks absurd and foolish to me. I have children too and i can boldly say i've never layed a finger on them before.
lalasticlala and mods

Hmmm, nawao.

Well, its not uncommon to find such scenerio in nigeria (i.e where parents still discipline/treat their dependent adult children like kindergaten kids).

Anyways, insofar as the head of the house(i.e the dad) is ok with it, there's absolutely nothing wrong in cooking or doing other chores for one's parents (esp. when that person is still financially dependent on them).

However considering your nephew's age, the parent's mode of punishment is totally unacceptable IMO. There are more matured ways to handle such kind of situation.

All the same, the guy still needs to apologise to his mom for being rude; afterwhich I'd he starts planning how to begin staying apart from his parents for good, even if it means getting a room off-campus or in his school's hostel.

Remember the saying 'familiarity breeds contempt'. Same applies to family relationships too. cool
Re: What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent by armyofone(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
angry ummm today's females are working too. You are the kind of family members that shouldn't come near young guys.

HitlerGaddafi:

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Born / Couple Caught Making Love In A Test Bedding Store / Dstv/Gotv; Which Program Is Your Favorite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.