Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments (40188 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates PDP On Supreme Court Judgement / Jonathan Congratulates Ghana President Mahama For Conceding Defeat / Akinwunmi Adesina Congratulates Okonjo Iweala-You Are A Jewel For Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, yesterday, congratulated Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala over her recent appointment to two key international positions, stating that her performance as Finance Minister during his tenure as president was a major determinant in her clinching the new appointments.

Jonathan, in a statement in Abuja, also congratulated Mrs. Omobola Johnson, the immediate past Minister of Communication Technology who was recently appointed the Honorary Chairperson of the Alliance for Affordable Internet (A4AI), a United States based global coalition, committed to driving down the cost of internet access in less developed countries.

According to Jonathan, the appointment underscores his belief that women have key roles to play in national and global development.
The statement noted that Okonjo-Iweala’s emergence as the chair of the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation, GAVI, as well as, appointment as senior advisor to Lazard, the 167-year-old global investment firm, makes her the third woman from Jonathan’s Government to be honoured with key international jobs and the fourth so far.

The others, according to the statement are Mrs. Johnson, Ms Arunma Oteh, former Director General of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) who became the Treasurer and Vice President of the World Bank as well as Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, former Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, who was elected President of the African Development Bank (AfDB).

In his congratulatory letter to Okonjo-Iweala, Jonathan described her appointment as a great honour to the nation, especially coming soon after she served Nigeria as Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance in his administration.”

He further described her as an achiever whose leadership as the head of his economic management team, brought about the successful implementation of far-reaching reforms in many sectors including power, telecoms, agriculture, financial services and infrastructural development.
On his preference and quota for women participation in Government during his time, Jonathan said: “It further underscores my belief that women of high integrity and proven abilities should be given the opportunity to directly contribute to national and international development. This is consistent with the global thinking that women who excel in their various professions should be encouraged to participate in governance.”

Giving more details of Okonjo-Iweala’s achievements, the former President wrote:

“Through your vision, the nation was able to implement some rewarding reforms in public financial management including the launch of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) to boost dwindling revenue, as well as the introduction of the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS), which eliminated thousands of ghost workers from the public service system.
“I believe that this record of high performance in my Government weighed heavily in your favour and helped put you on top of the list, during the man-hunt and competitive international search process to fill these positions.”

“I am encouraged by the fact that your responsibilities in the new positions fall within your familiar career purview of strengthening institutions, building systems and advising countries on structuring their finances and dealing with debt issues.

“I have no doubt in my mind that you would excel in the two assignments, given your past record of excellent service both in Nigeria and internationally.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/international-appointments-jonathan-congratulates-okonjo-iweala/
wink grin

149 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Imortal001: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Abia!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by doublewisdom: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Correct man!

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
Birds of the same feather

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
Buhari will only congratulate Shekau

197 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by baralatie(m): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
celebrating Nigeria's finest

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by bettercreature(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ is still in contact with his girl friend

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
Lalasticlala these threads should be on frontpage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Wait oo make i no come hear say that bullet proof car girl too is appointed oo cauz as General MegaBytes de just appoint GEJs crew so ehn undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by magmack: 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
Goodluck Correct guy n noble hero. I Still dey feel ur vibe. D gworo chewing daura terrorist is jealous

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by ikbnice(m): 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
why wont he congratulate her when the mess they both created is so difficult to clean up. They nearly succeeded in selling the whole country.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by juliusocean(m): 8:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
k
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by MadCow1: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ok na
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by aare07(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
On behalf of my family, I congratulate her

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by lincolnj88: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin my man and my sweet other mum

When she was handling our economy, d masturbators taught it was easy, only 3 months of thier leadership we have lost 4.1 trillion naira worth of investment through d buharinomics method of using body odour to chase out investors..

They call it body language but we d wailers calls it witchcraft and wizardry

151 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by neweraomo: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
Another home of embezzlement. . Strong woman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by juliusocean(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
in other news grin grin grin

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by opeoluwa20(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
partners in crime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
Mastubators wont like these tongue

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by condralbede(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
That's lovely.....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Aitee1: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Thief congratulating a gang member angry sad

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by TheMainMan: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
.. Ok..
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by kayo80(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
I also wish her the best with her new appointment.

15 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by ahckmedkosy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
A well Deserved accolade from a Nigerian to a Nigerian.. Two Nigerians that will always be icons even when some sect are trying so hard to paint them as thieves. We know the real thieves.. let the apc scaly wags come and call names as usual.. Congrats Dr. Ngozi. Your reputation is overwhelmingly outstanding..

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ my HERO
SARAKTHIEF their role Model

27 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by hemartins(m): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
when one door closes another one opens

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Nice one.

Since it is a season of congratulations. I congratulate Oshiomhole on his marriage to Iara, that has made him loose-tongued and for going late to the Bayelsa APC primaries(after they have given themselves bloody nose)

I also congratulate PMB for rejecting a trailer load of rams. I congratulate the APC propaganda machinery for running the government and keeping Nigerians entertained while PMB slept.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Mekky05(m): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Nice one Ex-Pres Jonathan

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by Spaxon(f): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
Oga Jona

Shokabankasa

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo Iweala On Appointments by jewelbaby55(f): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hey everyone am new in nairaland. I love you guys ahahahahah

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Concerned Militant Leaders Strike In Onitsha / ‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions / I Feel Sorry For Tinubu, Aregbesola Has Damaged Him – Olaitan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.