Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? (1048 Views)

I Need A Christain Girl Not Above 26 Years Marry Urgently / How A Christain Brother Will Ask A Christian Sister Out / Ten(10) Things Those In A Relationship Can Relate With. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
If asked,should a Christain be in a Relationship many a pastor will impetuously say "No" with a double exclamation mark at the back. Indeed, it has to be,if we go by the exponential increase of moral decadence in this world of ours; most especially, our beloved nation, Nigeria. However, if we should go by the Bible which I among many believe is the only standard by which humans (Christains to be specific) are to live by,we cannot but draw one conclusion that, the "No" answer is not only unscriptural but violation of nature.

Should a Christain be in a Relationship? My answer is Yes. And below are the reasons I said "Yes."

1. It Is A Natural Law: Before you are a Christain you are first human and after you are a Christain you are still human though now endowed to live a life man lived before the fall in the garden of Eden. Nature demands of women to find peace in companionship and man help from Ladies. To say therefore a Christain should not be in a relationship is saying the moon should give light in the day and the sun at night.

2. Required For Marriage To Take Place : Discussing with a corp member on one occasion, I asked after his girlfriend if he had one his reply was "Yes." Perceiving my frown he quickly add, "How will I get married if I didn't have a girlfriend?" I couldn't answer the question I only smiled it off.

3. It's Not A Sin: After my encounter with the corp member I reasoned with him while I checked my Bible for possible contradiction to his opinion in every form but couldn't find any. A Christain goal I understand is to do away with sin and relationship explained is not a sin.

4. A Chance To Change People's Mindset: Watching many Christains in relationship you cannot but want to be in one.Far from the worldly pattern they have turned many to Faith and help many youths changed their mindset concerning Relationship. If something is wrong you correct it by doing the right thing.

I believe above all that a Christain in a Relationship is not the problem or should be the fear but our mindset about it plus the denigration of the power of Christ in us that believes on the part of the pastors. Remember, we are the light of the world and as light we shine, Relationship not an exception. If the world is wrong about it we teach them what is right by doing the right thing.

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by myners007: 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
My answer is No reason being that being in a relationship means giving your heart to someone. If you entrust men with your heart they will definitely break or shatter it. Love your God and enter an everlasting relationship with His SON Jesus Christ and all shall be well with you
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by ikbnice(m): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
I dont just knw why Nigerian are so obsessed about religion. They might as well ask their pastors if it's right to eat or sleep.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by DTOBS(m): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
myners007:
My answer is No reason being that being in a relationship means giving your heart to someone. If you entrust men with your heart they will definitely break or shatter it. Love your God and enter an everlasting relationship with His SON Jesus Christ and all shall be well with you
so Christians should not marry? is DT wat u re telling me? because I want to know how u re going to jump the stage of relationship/courtship nd move on to marriage.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
myners007:
As much as your submission appears exhorting the Truth here is Love for God and everlasting relationship with Jesus Christ is not the subject of discussion here. And if we are to go by your explanation I guess then human race will be extinct in two years time since we are to marry Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by DTOBS(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
myners007:
so Christians should not marry? is DT wat u re telling me? because I want to know how u re going to jump the stage of relationship/courtship nd move on to marriage.

#wisingup
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
myners007:
Dumbass comment from a dumb dumbo dummy.
I guess you moron_ is gonna walk up to a lady and plainly tell her to marry you and gbam. She agrees. Even without her knowing little about you. And hope you're gonna remain celibate for life, so that you and your Jesus can be forever joined together in wedlock?
Goat brain.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by naijaboiy: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
How do you people formulate your questions?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by IamLEGEND1: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
myners007:

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:
If asked,should a Christain be in a Relationship many a pastor will impetuously say "No" with a double exclamation mark at the back. Indeed, it has to be,if we go by the exponential increase of moral decadence in this world of ours; most especially, our beloved nation, Nigeria. However, if we should go by the Bible which I among many believe is the only standard by which humans (Christains to be specific) are to live by,we cannot but draw one conclusion that, the "No" answer is not only unscriptural but violation of nature.

Should a Christain be in a Relationship? My answer is Yes. And below are the reasons I said "Yes."

1. It Is A Natural Law: Before you are a Christain you are first human and after you are a Christain you are still human though now endowed to live a life man lived before the fall in the garden of Eden. Nature demands of women to find peace in companionship and man help from Ladies. To say therefore a Christain should not be in a relationship is saying the moon should give light in the day and the sun at night.

2. Required For Marriage To Take Place : Discussing with a corp member on one occasion, I asked after his girlfriend if he had one his reply was "Yes." Perceiving my frown he quickly add, "How will I get married if I didn't have a girlfriend?" I couldn't answer the question I only smiled it off.

3. It's Not A Sin: After my encounter with the corp member I reasoned with him while I checked my Bible for possible contradiction to his opinion in every form but couldn't find any. A Christain goal I understand is to do away with sin and relationship explained is not a sin.

4. A Chance To Change People's Mindset: Watching many Christains in relationship you cannot but want to be in one.Far from the worldly pattern they have turned many to Faith and help many youths changed their mindset concerning Relationship. If something is wrong you correct it by doing the right thing.

I believe above all that a Christain in a Relationship is not the problem or should be the fear but our mindset about it plus the denigration of the power of Christ in us that believes on the part of the pastors. Remember, we are the light of the world and as light we shine, Relationship not an exception. If the world is wrong about it we teach them what is right by doing the right thing.

Cc: Lalasticlala
NO
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by MrsChima(f): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
I don't see anything wrong with a relationship and the issue with people today that everyone is rushing into marriage to have legalized sex or avoiding being judged for having sex.

You don't have to have a sexual relationship and date platinically. That's how our forefathers did and if the woman was pregnant they married the women. People don't take time to get to know the person and what they are about.

It is like it is a competition who can get married the fastest or who can get a man to proposed. It is sad.
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by vizkiz: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
so I guess a Christian's future partner will just fall straight outta heaven into his house or he will have to dream and see her fetching water for him from a well undecided

Sometimes I just hate the way these people act so religious
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by SurefireAsoOke: 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
Yet To Read The Post
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by vicque(f): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
naijaboiy:
How do you people formulate your questions?

MA broda I tire ooooo.. all ds topics are just absurd.....
Tomorrow we wud see front page of :

I WOKE UP AND WENT TO POO AND IT WAS BROWN IN COLOR PLS WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
ikbnice:
I dont just knw why Nigerian are so obsessed about religion. They might as well ask their pastors if it's right to eat or sleep.
your point is telling from the angle of heartbreaking doesnt correlate to the thread jare
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by naijaboiy: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
vicque:

MA broda I tire ooooo.. all ds topics are just absurd.....
Tomorrow we wud see front page of :

I WOKE UP AND WENT TO POO AND IT WAS BROWN IN COLOR PLS WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
That would be the height. grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by lilmax(m): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
Smh...... Waste of mb
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by ivyT(f): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
TheSadist:

I guess you moron_ is gonna walk up to a lady and plainly tell her to marry you and gbam. She agrees. Even without her knowing little about you. And hope you're gonna remain celibate for life, so that you and your Jesus can be forever joined together in wedlock?
Goat brain.
lolz....mehn,dis is crazily funny

#InAGoodWayThou
Re: Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? by myners007: 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
TheSadist:

Goat brain.
Your monicker depicts your true person. May you be delivered from all spirit of frustration and bitterness...IJN

(1) (Reply)

Do Ladies Love Guys That Quarrel With Them? / Thanks .......@all / Guys How Many Of You Would Prefer Having Baby Mamas Rather Than Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.