Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" (1876 Views)

How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life / Thread Locked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by dayokanu(m): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2009
"This topic has been locked and unstickied by the admin, as it has served its purpose.
The moderator (debosky) should contact the admin with any feedback derived from the thread."

This does not make any sense.

You mean complaint on how to make Debosky's job as a mod better has served its purpose.

The only positive thread where a mod wants feedback on how people feel he can do his job
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by MrCrackles(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2009
Dayokanu stop ranting and taking the pains of your teams exit out on NL! grin
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by tpia: 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2009
Checked it out.

Seems the thread was getting overheated.

We Nairalanders too dey like fight sha! shocked
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Ben13: 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2009
LOL. U mean the thread became a wrestling pitch? cheesy
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by StrStruck(f): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2009
I guess some of the complaints were becoming ridiculous and some people were just plain bitching.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by IFELEKE(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2009
St☆rStruck:

I guess some of the complains were becoming ridiculous and some people were just plain bitching.
I think so too, I mean I read some ridiculous complaints from attention seekers before the Thread was eventually locked.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Ben13: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2009
According to the mods, the Admin locked some threads that does not fit into the various sections and also asked them to do so to the other threads.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by eyonigger(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2009
Nop, that aint the issue, debola lost his credibility as a mod based on that very thread, Seun got mad and had to use that as an excuse to lock the thread.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by tpia: 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2009
eyonigger:

Nop, that aint the issue, debola lost his credibility as a mod based on that very thread, Seun got mad and had to use that as an excuse to lock the thread.

i doubt I'm seeing what you're seeing.

There's a similar thread in the Culture section and no one lost credibility over it.

I dont think its debosky's fault if girls find him attractive and want to chat with him.

Or is it a crime like you're saying here?

What[b] I [/b] saw was the thread getting heated because of a different issue unrelated to the topic.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by eyonigger(m): 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2009
tpia:

i doubt I'm seeing what you're seeing.

There's a similar thread in the Culture section and no one lost credibility over it.

I dont think its debosky's fault if girls find him attractive and want to chat with him.

Or is it a crime like you're saying here?

What[b] I [/b] saw was the thread getting heated because of a different issue unrelated to the topic.

So wetin u come mean bu that above line?
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Gabry(f): 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2009
SUMMARY ON WHY THE THREAD HAD BEEN LOCKED

Gabry complained that Mukina and Iice was ignoring people on the "Meet up with Iice tthread"

Mukina and Iice says that they dont have to reply to everyone's post.

Gabry gets their drift and forgets it

Spikey brought up the issue on the debosky thread  that if peeps are not happy because Iice ignored them, kindly leave the thread and start a new thread. And Spikey mentioned that the thread is for Iice's friends to unwind and those whom are not Iice friends should leave.

Gabry said the issue is over and why get so sensitive over it for? And Gabry mentioned that the thread did not mentioned its for Iice's friends only but if they wanted to do it as such, they should set rules and regulations for that thread.

Debosky told gabry that its not against the rules to ignore someone on Nairaland however to ignore someone can be rude but not against the rules.

Gabry said noted and reminded Debosky that this issue has actually been settled

Gabry brought up the issue that Moderators and Admin should have people relationship

Debosky asked more about it and Gabry replied

More peeps come in and boost up the feud and some even mock the daylights out of this issue which has caused the feud to go on since it has nothing to do with them.

Seun Lock the thread.

The end.

Anyways, whatever I have done.  Right or wrong, I have already apologize to Mukina and Iice. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226265.992.html#bot
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by tpia: 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
eyonigger:

So wetin u come mean bu that above line?

I hope you read gabrywyl's post?

I dont understand which credibility you say he lost, either. I'm wondering if you're referring to the female nairalanders chatting with him on the thread, because I seem to recall some people complaining about that.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by eyhor: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2009
Eyonigger here, I have my corny ways to find out truth about unnecessary lies that are hidden on this website amongst the admin and the mods. Now I intentionally insulted Mucor_mukina on icce's thread to see if she was gonna ban me, and she did, its quite obvious, becoz after I gave her the first shot, she told me to watch it, then gave her the second dose, then I found myself knocked out, I tried to login in with propheyo, same thing happened.

Banning propheyo gave me a feeling that some of this mods are not doing their proper job, they have turned it to a personal thing. They claim its only Seun that can Ban, but hell naw u guys are, freaking liars.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2009
that thread had too many railway workers. . . . . . .  .my humble sef included. egbon debosky did not help matters.
why people take this forum seriously is beyond me.

anyways, i envisage this thread to be at least 2x plantinum.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by tpia: 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2009
hmmm, lots of mystery here.

I dont see any problem with people hanging out and unwinding in chat lounges like the debosky thread, but if they turn into exclusive internet country clubs with selective admission, then its none of my business really.

however, eyonigger, you said you intentionally insulted her for no good reason.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Ben13: 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2009
But that's part of the fun. undecided

anyways, I can't beleive one can have personal grievances to somebody he/she cannot see physically.

The Joke section don't experience these. make we leave marra jor
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2009
Dayokanu,
you had to create this thread?
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by dayokanu(m): 12:46am On Apr 16, 2009
I just came here and I didnt see the thread again and this was a Mod trying to know people opinion about the work he is doing(Customer Service/Feedback), I guess admin has decided peoples opinion on Debosky's job dont count.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by dragonslay(m): 1:25am On Apr 16, 2009
The apology post from gabrywyl seemed to be deleted from the Moderator. So we all know now its not just from the Administrator himself but its also from the Moderators.

It is safe to say that Nairaland is running with autocratic leaders. Autocratic Leader = Hitler
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Gabry(f): 1:38am On Apr 16, 2009
does it matter anymore? undecided
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by biina: 2:26am On Apr 16, 2009
It's always a challenge to manage a forum, and mods+admins can't always meet the expectations of each and everyone.

I am often surprised when people make mention of mods on NL , as I rarely saw them in action in situations I felt warrant their intervention e.g. when becomrich is spamming his satellite images, or the recent spam of Kumuyi Obituaries (both on politics board). It's good to have a feedback medium for the mods, and even better when the information is utilized positively. On the other hand, the absence of a feedback channel is always bad. Even if some posters were getting out of hand, the right action was to sanction the offenders, in hope of bringing things in line, and not to lock the thread

I am nomadic when it comes to forums, and compared to other forums I have been on, NL has a long way to go.

<dons flamesuit, grabs a drink and rests in an easy chair>
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Gabry(f): 2:31am On Apr 16, 2009
Thats true biina.

And also like if two posters happen to be in an argument, the moderator could lock the thread first, send a messsage to both posters on the rules and regulation and also to give any advise and then clear up the mess in the thread like deleting unnecessary post and unlock the thread instead of letting the feud continue (and to even continue letting other posters which has nothing to do with this join in the feud) and in the end, the administrator had to lock the entire thread and no one else could contribute especially to those whom are serious in making a complaint towards the Romance section.
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by SeanT21(f): 2:32am On Apr 16, 2009
eyhor:

Eyonigger here, I have my corny ways to find out truth about unnecessary lies that are hidden on this website amongst the admin and the mods. Now I intentionally insulted Mucor_mukina on icce's thread to see if she was gonna ban me, and she did, its quite obvious, becoz after I gave her the first shot, she told me to watch it, then gave her the second dose, then I found myself knocked out, I tried to login in with propheyo, same thing happened.

Banning propheyo gave me a feeling that some of this mods are not doing their proper job, they have turned it to a personal thing. They claim its only Seun that can Ban, but hell naw u guys are, freaking liars.

Mods can ban people?? shocked
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Gabry(f): 2:34am On Apr 16, 2009
I think what he meant to say is that the SEnior MODeRAtoR could ban people I guess? undecided
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by SeanT21(f): 3:06am On Apr 16, 2009
gabrywyl:

I think what he meant to say is that the SEnior MODeRAtoR could ban people I guess? undecided

wink GOT IT!!
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Epi: 6:28am On Apr 16, 2009
LOL, gabby u are a case by yourself.  You even cross every Ts (Tees) and dot all the "I" ("eyez"wink when giving your reportgrin grin grin  You really can give evidence

much love
gabrywyl:

Gabry complained that Mukina and Iice was ignoring people on the "Meet up with Iice tthread"

Spikey brought up the issue on the debosky thread  that if peeps are not happy because Iice ignored them, kindly leave the thread and start a new thread. And Spikey mentioned that the thread is for Iice's friends to unwind and those whom are not Iice friends should leave.

Gabry said the issue is over and why get so sensitive over it for? And Gabry mentioned that the thread did not mentioned its for Iice's friends only but if they wanted to do it as such, they should set rules and regulations for that thread.

Debosky told gabry that its not against the rules to ignore someone on Nairaland however to ignore someone can be rude but not against the rules.

Gabry brought up the issue that Moderators and Admin should have people relationship

More peeps come in and boost up the feud and some even mock the daylights out of this issue which has caused the feud to go on since it has nothing to do with them.

Seun Lock the thread.

The end.

Anyways, whatever I have done.  Right or wrong, I have already apologize to Mukina and Iice. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226265.992.html#bot

Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by spikedcylinder: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2009

[b]Spikey brought up the issue [/b]on the debosky thread  that if peeps are not happy because Iice ignored them, kindly leave the thread and start a new thread. And Spikey mentioned that the thread is for Iice's friends to unwind and those whom are not Iice friends should leave.

Seun Lock the thread.

The end.

Anyways, whatever I have done.  Right or wrong, I have already apologize to Mukina and Iice. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226265.992.html#bot

Hmmn, your little lie needs some tweaking, don't you think? smiley

I didn't bring up the issue on that thread, Pataki and Dayo did and I continued with the conversation already at hand. You grasp the context of that don't you? Or is it selective reading for you again? smiley

P.S MPD will not kill some on these boards sha. I might just have to suck it in and ask how exactly one can make daily bread from here. wink
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Gabry(f): 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2009
The original intention of the "meet iice" thread was to meet iice. Afterwards, it became a place where iice and her friends came to unwind and by unwinding, I mean, talking about everything under the sun relating to iice and her friends! Why do people have so much problems with this? If you don't like it, go and create your own "meet XYZ" thread na. 
The only time I felt that thread was erring was when threads of over a 100 pages were being deleted on other child boards and that one was left intact for a long time.
The intolerance level of some people on here is just. . .     

If you are not a friend of iice or a friend of a friend of iice, what are you doing posting on a "meet iice" thread?  Fine, post there if you want but when they ignore you why do you complain that they are ignoring you? What kind of attention whorishness is that? Out of a million and one threads on NL, why is that one do or die? 
It really befuddles me.

I read the highlighted ones from your post and therefore thats what got me commenting on it to begin with.

Pataki and Dayo's post has nothing to do with the issue on the iice thread as far as I am concern.

Anyways, even if it is, I did not realize Pataki and Dayo's post's so U cannot refer to it as a lie.   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-245749.384.html
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Gabry(f): 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2009
epi:

LOL, gabby u are a case by yourself. You even cross every Ts (Tees) and dot all the "I" ("eyez"wink when giving your reportgrin grin grin You really can give evidence

much love

Thanks dearie kiss
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Gabry(f): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2009
Spikedcylinder,

I would like to apologize for everything which I said and most of the harsh words which I have said, I take it back and Im very sorry. I dont like to keep any grudges against anyone and therefore, I shall take all of this as my fault. I have to admit that you're one good friend towards Iice and Mukina. Keep up the good work  smiley

Mukina and Iice,

I have apologized to to you both on the Iice thread but my post has been deleted but anyways, I apologized once again. . .

Debosky,

Im so sorry for ruining your thread and had cut it short there. Your work of art there is awsome and hopefully Seun could unlock it or maybe you could bring out another thread. Sorry once again.

To the rest of the posters,

Am glad we kept you guys entertained over this issue  tongue Nice to see some steam up issue on Nairaland.  grin  cheesy
Ok, what Im actually trying to say is that Im sorry for distracting your concentration in whatever you do.

This will be my last message. Take care and may God bless  kiss
Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
may day, may day
shots fired

Re: Why Was "talk To Debosky Thread Locked" by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2009
OMO IBO:

may day, may day
shots fired

Oh shut up. What do you even know?

(1) (2)

How Guys Treat Single Ladies/women These Days. / Bb Romance Kick Out Lounge? / Where Can I Buy Pheromones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.