Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,261 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nigerian Recipes For Absolute Beginners (FAO sweetsweet) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Recipes For Absolute Beginners (FAO sweetsweet) (2098 Views)

Recipes For The Fruitful Home / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Nigerian Recipes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Recipes For Absolute Beginners (FAO sweetsweet) by Leilah(f): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2009
Hi, I hope you guys don't mind but I have decided to start up a new thread on this.

I mean basic ones okay?

If I have anything wrong please correct me,
Re: Nigerian Recipes For Absolute Beginners (FAO sweetsweet) by Leilah(f): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2009
The first one I have decided to post is my own version  embarassed

rice n stew:

You can make this dish with any meats or fish of your choice
Nigerians prefer, cow leg, cow skin, local hen (which is a chicken aged over one year and is tougher and needs a bit more cooking) these are all available from your local african foodstore. However, you can use 'normal' beef, lamb, chicken etc.

so you will need:
One can of tomatoes
some few cloves garlice
one onion
five maggi cubes or knorr stock cubes
salt to taste
some curry power about three tablespoons
two to three large red bell peppers
three scotch bonnets pepper or else about five or six chillies
one teaspoon ground nutmeg
one table spoon thyme
one tablespoon basil
500 gm parboiled ie easy cook rice

washe meat and sesan it with cubes, curry and thyme. Place is refrigriator for at least one hour
take then out and boil them until tender
in a food processor
put all the other ingredients (expecpt the rice) in and blend them.  Add this mixture to the meats and cook it.
if it needs more water add the water SLOWLY. If it tastes sour and too tomatoey add a tiny little bit sugar.

Steep your rice in cold water for 15 mins before you boil it. Then boil it and add a bit of salt and butter to it when its done and whala! there is very simpple rice and stew.

remember you need to make is 'spicy'
Re: Nigerian Recipes For Absolute Beginners (FAO sweetsweet) by Hauwa1: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
you try jare my sister cheesy
Re: Nigerian Recipes For Absolute Beginners (FAO sweetsweet) by Leilah(f): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2009
thank you, I have loads more recipes!! well my interpretation of them!
Re: Nigerian Recipes For Absolute Beginners (FAO sweetsweet) by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 17, 2009
Leilah:

thank you, I have loads more recipes!! well my interpretation of them!
Post them

(1) (Reply)

THE Nkwobi/IsiEwu Scam! / 5 Popular Meals Enjoyed In Northern Nigeria / See The 300 Naira Food I Bought This Morning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.