Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:53 AM

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others (20835 Views)

Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court / Sule Lamido & Sons, Accompanied By Prison Officials On Their Way To Kano Prison / Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by olillywales(m): 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-aDOwmciRaCM/VgJ0-Cs5tQI/AAAAAAAGqdY/X8JToDjsMnA/s1600/unnamed0.jpg[/img]
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, yesterday arraigned former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, his two sons - Aminu Sule Lamido and Mustapha Sule Lamido, Aminu Wada Abubakar and Batholomew Darlington Agoha, before Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on a 27-count amended charge bordering on corruption and money laundering.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-zCqozBIVkUQ/VgJ00wiNHNI/AAAAAAAGqc4/_RqQw94wizQ/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]
Arraigned along with the governor, his sons and aides include 4 companies namely Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamaina Company Nigeria Limited, Bamaina Aluminium Limited and Speeds International Limited.

Lamido and his co-accused had been arraigned before Justice Evelyn Anyadike of the Federal High Court, Kano State, on July 9 2015 for allegedly misappropriating funds belonging to Jigawa State. Their case was later transferred to the Federal High Court, Abuja, where Justice Gabriel Kolawole, a vacation judge, granted the accused persons bail, and adjourned the matter to September 22, 2015.
At the resumed hearing yesterday September 22nd, presided over by Justice Ademola, counsel to the EFCC, Chile Okoroma, presented the court with the amended charge, dated September 15, 2015, which added Agoha, manager of Speeds International Limited, as one of the accused persons. The hearing which commenced at about 9.11am was, however, adjourned briefly to allow the registry to assign a new charge number to the amended charge sheet, since the case was originally heard in Kano.

On resumption, the charges were read to the accused persons.

One of the charges read: “That you Alhaji Sule Lamido (while being Governor of Jigawa State, Nigeria), Aminu Sule Lamido, Mustapha Sule Lamido, Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamaina Company Nigeria Limited, and Speeds International Limited between 15th October and 18th December, 2008 within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did convert an aggregate sum of N124,649,915 paid by Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company Nigeria Limited into the account of Speeds International Limited.”

Another charge read: “That you Alhaji Sule Lamido (while being the governor of Jigawa State, Nigeria), Aminu Sule Lamido, Mustapha Sule Lamido, Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamaina Company Nigeria Limited and Speeds International Limited between 8th January and 10th December, 2013 within the jurisdiction of this Honbourable Court took possession of an aggregate sum of N101,580,300 paid by Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company Nigeria Limited into the account of Bamaina Holdings Limited.”

They all pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Justice Adeniyi Ademola, thereafter, adjourned till October 21 and 22 for trial

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/09/photos-efcc-re-arraigns-ex-gov-sule.html
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by benedictnsi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dem go still do am politically....... I d watch

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by madridguy(m): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
Home of Corruption. Papa and sons corruption limited.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by IGANDO: 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
nawaooo
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by laserjet: 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
EFCC this..EFCC that.

Abeg I'm tired of listening to same song over and over again. Kindly play another by putting one, just one behind bars. Then and there i'd believe!

24 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by wasco24: 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
angryfamily business father and two son

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Richie0974: 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
I think the war against corruption just got heated... But I would love to see the corrupt ones actually go to jail...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by steppin: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
A season of arrests and indictments.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by qualityovenbake(m): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ok
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Firefire(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
angry

Death by hanging for corrupt leaders and looters.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by pretydiva(f): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
See as their faces b like criminal own undecided
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by kliq(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
"Stealing is now corruption "

God bless Nigeria / Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
Na only court person dey see,we neva see person inside jail...me no even understand sef...see as dem balance well insyd court!!!d fact that they even get time to bath go court sef dey make me vex abt our judiciary..if na 1 yahoo boy nao or person wey just steal matches,na hand cuff we goo c for him hand guilty or not guilty..God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by hammak1993(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
If Nigeria don't kill corruption; corruption will kill Nigeria. Good move

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Saheed9: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
Y after i've successfully booked space, I dont know wat to write

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Thank God for saving us from the clueless one.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Sijo01(f): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
The drama and paparazzi continues
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by GentleYoung(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ok
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by mznuez(f): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Grand criminals grin.
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Kaybee14(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ok. Part 2
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
K
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by omenka(m): 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
I hope the follow this diligently and get a conviction this time.
Firefire:
angry
Death by hanging for corrupt leaders and looters.
Too bad your Hero imagines one must steal money large enough to buy a Peugeut car before he can be sent to jail for stealing.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by elitehowcom: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
how many times now!

1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by BCISLTD: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by samuel6957: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
hmmmmmm
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
These EFCC people are not saint
Am tired of EFCC this EFCC that
Am TIRED!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by omenka(m): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Firefire:

Stealing is stealing, Ole is Ole. - GEJ
Stealing is not corruption - GEJ.

If you put a goat close to a yam, the goat must eat the yam - GEJ.

Corruption in Nigeria is exaggerated - GEJ.

If any money is missing, America will know - GEJ.

How much did Jim Nwobodo stole (sic)? Not enough to even buy a Peugeot - GEJ.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Who wins the war? EFCC or corruption

in another news, check my articles on agric section on how to create wealth from the multi billion naira plantain industry and how to start your own plantain farming business.
Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by omenka(m): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Where has Okupe been

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by damton(m): 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
Very soon. he'd be asking if he is in prison or amusement park.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by efilefun(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
See their faces, all they cared about is their pockets, sometimes I wonder why people kill themselves for this heartless animals

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others by damton(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
very soon, he'd be asking if he is in prison or amusement park.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway And The Churches - Joe Igbokwe / Sullivan Chime Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.