Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand (42066 Views)

Don’t Waste Time On 2019 Presidency, PDP Tells Fayose / Who Within The PDP Has The Best Chances Of Wining The APC In 2019?- Opinion Poll / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
The travails of Abubakar Bukola Saraki has opened a new chapter in the Senate and possible a vacuum in the office of the Senate President. We have to be honest with ourselves: Bukola Saraki has lost the moral ground to preside over the Senate Chambers. He has to step down voluntarily, and allow for someone without a moral burden to fill the vacuum. We are not unaware that the ruling APC is already scheming for replacement of Saraki. We also cannot feign ignorance to the fact that the APC is still bitter that senator Ike Ekweremadu of PDP emerged Deputy Senate President. They are plotting to oust him also and install their "choice". The PDP must wake up and take the battle to APC over full control of the Senate. PDP must seize full control of the red chambers.

The Reason APC and Buhari Want Saraki Down:
Make no mistake, Nigerians of good conscience want the senate president to answer for the 13 charges against him, and some want him to step down from his exalted office on moral ground. However, APC and the Presidency want Saraki to go down so as to have their stooge as Senate President. They are not interested in fighting corruption. If they were, they wouldn't have brought Saraki into the Senate in the first place. If Buhari was interested in fighting corruption he wouldn't have withdrawn the N2.8 billion corruption charge against ex-Bayelsa state governor Timpre Sylva, and even gifted him with the party guber ticket for the December election. If Buhari is serious with corruption fight, he would be prosecuting Pa Abubabakar Audu on his ongoing corruption case instead of campaigning for him to return to Lokoja Government House in order to continue where he stopped in the alleged looting spree that went under him as governor between 1999 and 2003. Buhari and APC want Saraki to go down simply because they wanted total control of the Senate and also to share Senate standing committees from the comfort of Buhari's presidential lodge and Tinubu's bedroom in bourdillon road.

The Upper-hand Is With PDP:
The Senate composes of 109 Senators. The PDP has 49, while the APC enjoys 60. Of the APC 60, about 12(including Saraki) are seen as rebels and has been ostracised by their party. The PDP must meet these pro-Saraki APC minority group to present a PDP candidate from NC as Saraki's successor(anybody but David Mark). The APC rebels should be rewarded with membership/chairmanship of choice standing committees. With 61 senators(49 PDP Se+ 12 APC) behind PDP candiate, the party stand as "Majority" to defeat whoever the gods of APC present as their candidate because APC will be left with 48 senators. A very wide majority. Considering that PDP need a minimum 55 senators for this battle, 61 will be more than required. This is enough to humble APC.

Saraki Must Make Up With PDP
As for Bukola Saraki, he is unfortunate to be served the same meal he served former president Goodluck Jonathan and PDP. However, he has to repent and respond to his alleged offence. But, he should be told that the only way he can redeem his betrayals towards PDP is by supporting a PDP candidate to succeed him. This will also defeat the evil mechanism of Buhari and other APC gods.

Finally, the PDP must not let go of this rare opportunity to legitimately control the Senate and have the Umbrella standing in the office of the Senate President. Buhari will have no choice but to work with PDP-led Senate.

Let's teach APC how to play politics.

May God Bless Nigeria
Power To The People

289 Likes 25 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by planetuzor(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
And you think APC and Tinubu are fools.. They fought successfully as opposition without loosing much battle and yet came out un scattered, talk of when they now have control..

I laugh you in Spanish grin grin grin grin

170 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by buygala(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
Lol grin........LMFAO ROFLMAO grin

So another Beer-Parlor theory from Ichie Barcanista hits frontpage cry

Nice movie script by Barcanista The Wicked Producer, CDF... Chief Dreamer of the Federation sad

DREAM ON AND WAIL IN PEACE, GOOD SIR cool

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by planetuzor(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
What's this one saying..

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
"there is nothing to be proud about this country, just when you feel that corruption is going down, it keeps fighting its way out". Quote me anywhere.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
Your analysis is spot on....

But i doubt Saraki will humbly step down from his position without a sustained fight.. He still has many lifelines and am sure he will use them all up before contemplating a step down from the senate top seat...

In the event he plays out all his cards and is still crippled by events, then i fully recommend this your stategy Mr TonyeBarcanista... PdP must not miss this golden opportunity to silence APC once and for all in the red chamber

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
Cc: Patriotic Wailers

chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

16 Likes

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by tunjion: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista U BE THE MAN.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=38308728][/quote]

I've been following your posts but i must say you are a misguided youth
It will be wise if you channel your efforts into nation building rather than fighting along party lines
This same saraki you are rooting for has great skeletons that has been laid bare,
then why are you now turning it into a party battle affair? instead of eschewing corruption and stand by the law that has made thieving politicians being docked and stripped of all they stole when they got the chance to make things better for their people, here you are turning the law to a joke and into a party battle affair? what's wrong with you?
It's young people like you that will still say ibori was witch-hunted till this day.

How long will you caress the ego of pdp hoping to get a job from them? Why will you be this selfish and oblivious to the reality at hand?
These politicians are using you or you wish to use yourself for their corrupt plans but why will a young mind like you go to waste?

what message are you passing across to other youths, rather unemployed like you?

200 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by sdindan: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ghen Ghen! grin
Tonyebarcanista for president 2019

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Dannyset(m): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yinmu!

Now I know that ur political analysis is not practical but just by books. If you know what Political culture and Political communication is, you will know all these ur 2+2 isn't equal 4.
When it's no longer Saraki, u can't be sure of those other 10 or 12 APC Senators dancing to the tune of PDP. And u have also forgotten that they might want to also amend their ways with the party when it is no longer Saraki? Take Dino for example. You think he won't be begging 2 or 3 people by now with the situation he currently find himself in? Bro, the earlier u jettisoned all this surface analytical analysis of politics the safer ur reasoning becomes.
Forget about PDP grabbing that chamber. It's delusional!

And don't let me leave without noticing ur acceptance of the title "Wailer". That's also good for our Democracy.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by ORACLE1975(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dreaming in igbiland hhhhaahahahahahahhahahhaa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
@Tunjion: Thanks for the modification sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by aresa: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

lmao at biafra losers labeling themselves patriots with Nigeria issues? Are you biafra or Nigerian patriots? losers..

Good to know you confused and irrelevant losers really love and care about the ZOO..

Confused beats of no Nation....lmao grin

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
planetuzor:
And you think APC and Tinubu are fools.. They fought successfully as opposition all their life, they came out un scattered, talk more of Now they Have control..

I laugh you in Spanish grin grin grin grin
When the APC anointed Lawan, I vigorously campaigned for Saraki...he won

When the APC anointed Gbajabiamila, I vigorously campaigned Dogara....he won.

We are talking of legislative election not APC primaries.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by g4everybody(m): 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nice writeup, but i dont see saraki steping down between now and 2019, as usual, apc and other clowns wil make noice, but cant unseat him

babaearly:

It will be wise if you channel your efforts into nation building rather than fighting along party lines
This same saraki you are rooting for has great skeletons that has been laid bare,
then why are you now turning it into a party battle affair? instead of eschewing corruption and stand by the law that has made thieving politicians being docked and stripped of all they stole when they got the chance to make things better for their people, here you are turning the law to a joke and into a party battle affair? what's wrong with you?
It's young people like you that will still say ibori was witch-hunted till this day.
How long will you caress the ego of pdp hoping to get a job from them? Why will you be this selfish and oblivious to the reality at hand?
These politicians are using you or you wish to use yourself for their corrupt plans but why will a young mind like you go to waste?
what message are you passing across to other youths, rather unemployed like you?

So APC knows he has skeleton in his cupboard and he was given the party senatorial ticket, and they brand it change. Nigerians wont have heard anything about Bukola saraki if only he succumb to party supremacy. So who is fooling who

49 Likes

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Firefire(m): 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
Where do we go from here?

Who among the lot is less corrupt ?

Or are we now considering "Less Corrupt" by grading corruption in Nigeria?

APC is pushing for Senator George Akume a former governor of Benue State who served two four years term with nothing to point to as his achievement?

or the wife of the 'King of Corruption' Oluremi Tinubu whose antecedent and ignoble character is well known. Can someone please point me what Remi Tinubu achieved with the last constituency allowance ?

The evil mechanism of Buhari and Tinubu to have a puppet as the Senate President must not stand.

It high time we allowed elected political leaders to rule without recourse to one selfish godfather in Nigeria.

We demand that the elected official be answerable to their constituency and not to the tin-god.

God bless Nigeria...

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
sdindan:
Ghen Ghen! grin
Tonyebarcanista for president 2019
There is a new political order in the polity. APC will soon come to terms.

Cc: Tomakint firefire and mogidi

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by modath(f): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
Oh God of Creation, whhhhhyyyyy on earth did Gbawe not hook TonyeBarcanista up with some security dough earlier this year......

This is all his fault!!!!!!

Barcanista, wish there is way to rapture all your old posts to show you up for the person you really are.

When omenka surmised that the real reason you "deactivated" was to erase the digital footprints of your old moniker, I felt it was too much to believe but he is a smart cookie for laying it bare.

The only reason you are hoping for a PDP led house is cos you believe that is the only way to derail the change train that will eventually pull the plug on your comatose Party...

Keep praying for the Pilot of the airborne plane you currently are flying on to crash so you can ridicule him on your next flight.

HOW SURE ARE YOU OF SURVIVAL.

Take time to do a deep reflection...

Still wondering where Saraki will get the 12 senators to take to PDP when all he has are just the 2 stooges from Kwara.?

The core notherners & the SW senators (minus Alasoadura) will not want to invite hell & brimstones on their respective heads!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Firefire(m): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

cool

2 Likes

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by biafranqueen: 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2015
Prophecy Fulfilled
"Then Saul and all his men assembled and went to the battle. They found the Philistines in total confusion, striking each other with their swords." 1 Samuel 14:20
This fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah the Prophet saying,
"I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian-- brother will fight against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom." Isaiah 19:2
And as the Wailers continue to wail,
"The LORD caused the men throughout the camp to turn on each other with their swords." Judges 7:22
"When the men of Judah came to the place that overlooks the desert and looked toward the vast army, they saw only dead bodies lying on the ground; no one had escaped." 2 Chronicles 20:24
So shall it be for Lying Liars, Defectors and Betrayers
Emeka Maduewesi said it all!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by nuelsylves(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
Good analysis! let's watch them and see how things will turn out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by bjprodint(f): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Abeg who help me see my ileya ram?hit like if u av an idea of where I can find it

2 Likes

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Oga abeg read the article again and spare me the personal attack.
babaearly:

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by sdindan: 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There is a new political order in the polity. APC will soon come to terms.

Cc: Tomakint firefire and mogidi

I support you.
You know politics more than the dullard

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by tunjion: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga, why you de abuse me? I'm the same barcanista. Try send me a twitter Dm @TonyeBarcanista or FB message @ Solomon Tonye to confirm pls. Let's not derail... Thanks!

No wex sir e get one other bastard pretending to be you. All hail Barcanister...

I have edit my post go ahead and delete your copy edition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
In your dream.
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by nigerianvenom(m): 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

a classic mathematical formulation and this looks bright and interesting if u ask me.
but i still love David mark,dont know why u have some reservations against him.
PDP will bounce back like a thunder bolt

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga abeg read the article again and spare me the personal attack.

I'm not talking about this article per say but all you have been doing since moving from APC to PDP
Well i dont have a problem with that but you have been all about this like you have no life outside here
I have seen your facebook and the message i get is of an able bodied youth wasting away
I see you sitting down with your laptop and thats your dp which is quite sad.
Your mates are quite different when you see them on Linkedin but i doubt you even use that resource

Quit this road you are toeing because it will give you more misery. You might seem destined for great things
but you are channeling your emotions and will power from the wrong people to a crowd that does not even give a damn about you
Many of your "followers" are still struggling with their day to day life
and it beats me some still support you, when you support the politicians who have made a mess of their life

Think about it

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by thunderrider: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hmm
Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by modath(f): 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I now realise why you couldn't make it work on twitter "YOU ARE NOT VERY SMART"..

Saraki didn't "win", he "manipulated his way to a seat he is only going to occupy on a very temporal basis...

I don't even know why I bother with your write ups that are not only full of structural & grammatical errors,They are self aggradizing.

19 Likes

Re: The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand by Mogidi: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
Another in-depth analysis of current events by the one and only TonyeBarcanista.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Exit: Some Power Brokers Who’ll Be Swept Out Of Office / Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers / Aisha Buhari And Family Celebrate President Buhari's Re-Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.