Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,437 members, 7,850,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader (1388 Views)

Nigerian Airforce Denies Plotting Coup,says Its Devoted To Democracy / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
Gilbert Diendere, who staged the botched putsch in Burkina Faso, has described it as “the biggest mistake”, saying he is ready to face the consequences of his action. Speaking in Ouagadougou after the reinstatement of the interim government, Diendere said he was happy that there was no confrontation between the presidential guard and the military. The military had threatened to force Diendere out of power if he failed to surrender. “The coup is over. It was a waste of time and resources, and human lives were lost. Carrying out this coup was the biggest mistake,” he said. “We decided to give up because we knew the people were not in support of it. But what has put me in a good mood is the fact that we avoided confrontation.” A strong ally of former president Blaise Comparore, Diendere is the head of the Presidential Security Regiment (RSP).

https://www.thecable.ng/regret-staging-coup-says-burkina-junta-leader

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by LordMecuzy(m): 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
You've been Heard...
Go and sin no more
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
Young man, u are a disgrace to the military. Trying to cook with firewood when ur allergic to smoke. U should be hanged by the balls for inflicting tension in Burkina.

Next time, try to take coup lessons from General Buhari - the dictator. He may be a dullard but when it to coup execution, he's boss!

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
Biafrauds, take note!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by qualityovenbake(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
In some African countries, coup is a treasonable offence and punishable by death. A lot will be going on in his head now, it will be a miracle if he comes out alive.
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Dannyset(m): 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
LordMecuzy:
You've been Heard...

Go and sin no more

Says who? Things don't work that way bro! He's gon be charged for treason and be behind bars for the rest of his life. U don't know what a coup is.
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Duru1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
I honestly think coup is in order until Africans learn the logic of mankind. It shall start by creating nation states not colonial countries in Africa.
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by DaBullIT(m): 1:11am On Sep 24, 2015
That's in a country where reality and rule of law is being upheld
Dannyset:

Says who? Things don't work that way bro! He's gon be charged for treason and be behind bars for the rest of his life. U don't know what a coup is.

If Ojukwu or Ironsi had done the same , Put mutineers behind bar, Nigerians won't hate each other today
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by amunkita(m): 4:30am On Sep 24, 2015
Dat dude still lives in the dark..
Which African country will try coup nd the world stands at Akimbo to congratulate him..

The worst is that even ur own people hates u..

Well its a lesson for other African countries like Nigeria..
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by ifyan(m): 5:03am On Sep 24, 2015
The heat is much on him.

So what will happen next.
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Pavore9: 5:10am On Sep 24, 2015
Glad he is ready to face the music.
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 24, 2015
Olukwu! in this age u dey plan coupe?
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by Owoplenty(m): 6:44am On Sep 24, 2015
His brand of coward is foreign,why begging when the did is done? Face the consequence and stop singing monody
Re: I Regret Staging This Coup, Says Burkina Faso Junta Leader by permsec: 6:50am On Sep 24, 2015
Before jumping into any profession, it is advisable one seeks for counseling from experts.

U should have asked SAY BARBER how he successfuly handled his in 1983. Thats his greatest achievement till date.

Quote me and be slaughtered like a ram.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Governor, Who Responds, “we Warned You” / PHOTO: NYSC Reduced Corper Doctors In Ebonyi State Allawee From #130,000 To 15k / Finally A Christian Will Rule Kogi State!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.