Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for (23887 Views)

How I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified Or Trained For / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by cana882(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2015
I am a desperate job seeker haven completed my NYSC early this year.

I saw a job advert and applied for it. All criteria and requirements were met except for the fact that they wanted a first class or second class upper applicant while I graduated with second class lower (though from a reputable university in ghana).

I went ahead and filled in "second class upper" and I got an sms this morning inviting me for an aptitude test.

Like I earlier said, i'm desperate and would love to have this job but don't know if I should still go for the test or not.

Please advice

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by reallora825: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2015
cana882:

I saw a job advert and applied for it. All criteria and requirements were met except for the fact that they wanted a first class or second class upper applicant while I graduated with second class lower (though from a reputable university in ghana).

I went ahead and filled in "second class upper" and I got an sms this morning inviting me for an aptitude test.

Like I earlier said, i'm desperate and would love to have this job but don't know if I should still go for the test or not.

Please advice

No need don't even go there.
One thing about job is that you can lie about everything and get ready to defend what ever you lied about,by going for research for relevant answers to your quest but lie about your grade isn't a good deed,you should never do it again,cos u will always be disqualified,next time fill in ur grade if you want to take chances even if they ask for higher.

Goodluck as u pursue for job!!!!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by cana882(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
reallora825:

No need don't even go there.
One thing about job is that you can lie about everything and get ready to defend what ever you lied about,by going for research for relevant answers to your quest but lie about your grade isn't a good deed,you should never do it again,cos u will always be disqualified,next time fill in ur grade if you want to take chances even if they ask for higher.

Goodluck as u pursue for job!!!!
thanks

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Iykolysis: 8:07am On Sep 24, 2015
Don't go

7 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2015
cana882:

Please advice
If they find out, you have only not disgraced yourself but your family's name. Also, it shows you lack integrity. Do not honour the invitation.

35 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Doughyeenbae(f): 9:01am On Sep 24, 2015
Don't bother... Let your desperation push you to furthering your degree... Or to look for offers that require 2.2..Pele

8 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ITbomb(m): 9:01am On Sep 24, 2015
No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by prelinctus: 9:01am On Sep 24, 2015
Op, see how you just prevented another genuinely qualified person from getting called. Why did you have to lie in the first place? Don't you dare set foot at the venue?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by dave2meek(m): 9:01am On Sep 24, 2015
Go and get your a$$ kicked wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by TheMainMan: 9:01am On Sep 24, 2015
U just shot Ursef in the leg.. They will surely find out.. Y lie?.. And remember.. First impression matters..

8 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by sannirules(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2015
Go, you have nothing to lose. At least take the aptitude test first, then youll tell them. Why not take your chances, and you'll explain to them that u wanted the experience of writing an aptitude test, as this is your first. Embarrassment is part of life, its not like they'll kill u anyway.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by victree007(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2015
Just last week I applied for a job of which I met all requirements except one (age limit). I got called for an aptitude test and interview. After scaling through the test it was now time for the interview and as it went on I was asked again how old I was and I didn't wanna lie so I told them the truth. The lead interviewer then told me he was sorry that I missed the age limit with a year.

Now I told him that even though I saw the requirements and the fact that I didn't meet up with the age stuff I still applied and they called me for the test and interview. His response was thousands of people applied for the same job and its not possible to be going through applicants' CV to see if they meet up or not. Its only through the interview. As only me take waka come na so I take waka go.

They've already laid down their requirements bro but I'd advice you go so you will know how to prepare for the next interview. Goodluck

11 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by plainmirror(m): 9:03am On Sep 24, 2015
Bros there is only one way to find out the credibility of the job opening............ attend the interview session. Be on guard all the same.

#BasedOnBelief
#PmB

6 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Horllamideh(m): 9:03am On Sep 24, 2015
dnt honour the invitation......that kinda lie is something they will find out soon (even on the day of the aptitude test) and believe me you will be sorely embarrased

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by refreshrate: 9:03am On Sep 24, 2015
Doughyeenbae:
Don't bother... Let your desperation push you to furthering your degree... Or to look for offers that require 2.2..Pele

Apt!
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Dindondin(m): 9:04am On Sep 24, 2015
cana882:

Please advice
all this aroko stories sef.
pls don't go! they ll discriminate your 2:2 result and discredit your chances.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Oceemo(m): 9:04am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok.

Happy sallah abeg 2 all muslim guys n dude

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by dOnLarich: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2015
This story get K-leg

Any Muslim in the house

6 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 9:04am On Sep 24, 2015
cana882:

Please advice
You played and partied in Ghana, now it's time to pay up ,boy!

Go get yourself embarrassed. grin

Oloriburuku cheesy
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by korel9: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2015
Guy forward d msg to me and watch me attend undecided

Oponu, una no get graphic designer for unu area? angry
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by yorex2011: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2015
well, I'm sure you already have what you want to do in your mind
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2015
Please don't stay off. I am a testimony. I applied for a job with a, second class upper, but had lower class. But I passed the three stages of the interview and I am now an assistant manager. Those that we came in with better results, are now my junior. With that, I leave in one of the most expensive estates in Nigeria.

Bro, class of degree does not matter. Not every first class candidate is intelligent. If you are employed, you need to go the extra mile to convince your employer beyond their expectations. Prayer works too. So please, give it a shot. After all, their is no failure in trying. If you never tried, you are a failure.

Go ahead

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Icecomrade: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2015
If it's a company recruitment policy they won't consider you if you do not meet the minimum requirement

Everything doesn't start and end with just getting a job.

Your still young in the labour Market. You need experiences too.

Go out there, feel what it takes to write aptitude tests. Feel what it takes to face a hostile panel. Be ready to be bashed.

Those experience will prepare you for the real opportunities when they come.

Dust your ass and head out now

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by engrjosefz(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 24, 2015
WHY ARE YOU DESPERATE PLEASE?

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by luckmike(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2015
Guy go for the job .. Its better to try n never... See things happen for purpose just try if only you can defend your self.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by daddysprincess(f): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2015
You never know what will happen. Impossible also mean I'm possible try your luck

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by horexy(f): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2015
angry
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2015
don't bother going

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Ninilowo(m): 9:07am On Sep 24, 2015
If you should go eh na kirikiri straight.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by damton(m): 9:07am On Sep 24, 2015
First of all, it says little of your integrity. lying to have your way could be a huge turn off for any prospective employer. However you can just show up for formality sake , perhaps luck might shine on you from another angle.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apply For Shell Livewire Programme 2017 / Unilever Nigeria Plc Latest Job Recruitment (11 Positions) / Stanbic IBTC 2016 Assessment Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.