Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for (23878 Views)

How I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified Or Trained For / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by chinchum(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2015
he that is down needs fear no fall.

Go with an open mind, the only thing you will lose is your transport fare, you have no right to lose your ego if you are turned back. You have a lot to gain if you scale through. The cave you fear to enter might be where your treasure lies

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by armadeo(m): 11:23am On Sep 24, 2015
luckypeace1980:
yes jst attend d intervier u can tell them it was a mistake from the person you asked to help you fill the form online

Another lie which makes it worse, you cannot fill a form online and had someone do it for you. That's irresponsible for whatever reason.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 24, 2015
I got a story*in P-square's voice*

I applied for a job I was not qualified at all, they called for test........ I passed, they called for interview....... I was contemplating on not to go.....after a few days of thinking.....I went for the interview, lo and behold!, I came out top of the qualified candidates, I even pointed out a problem to the Chairman and how it would be solved.
He was impressed at the amount of information I had about his organisation and competitors.....
Cut the long story short, I currently run the logistics angle of the business plus update him about his properties.

Moral of the story.....Everyone lie but be sure you are able to prove to them you are the best.

Get you lazy ass up and go ace the interview.

NB: there are a lot of frustrated phools on this forum who don't see beyond their noses.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Raymondif: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2015
There is no harm in trying,afterall they won't kill you.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by armadeo(m): 11:29am On Sep 24, 2015
Op I would advice you don't go cos I tell you it would be an embarrassment to you when they find out you lied on your cv. Integrity is out the window and they will wonder if you lied about this what else are you lying about.

However I would also like for you to go and come and tell everyone here what happened based on true life experience not all those I gatecrashed and I am now the CEO stories that touch.

All the best
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Why? dude came back with a poor grade and now he wants to lie about it, and you think it's not enough for me to rebuke him in a harsh manner? undecided
like u av never lied in ur life before, like all the grades u ad in skool were based on ur hard work, like u neva copied ani one through out ur stay in skool, like u were better off than people dat came out with same grade as d op. why are u so sickly(#combination of being sick and silly)?

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2015
AfroKnight:

I was nodding in agreement until I read "Not every first class candidate is intelligent". Bros haba. This is First class you're talking about. 4.5 or higher GPA!
yes!! ....first class is not what u use to measure intelligence. if u rate people's intelligence by their grade den wht shld we say of HENRY FORD??

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2015
ipheoluwa22:
like u av never lied in ur life before, like all the grades u ad in skool were based on ur hard work, like u neva copied ani one through out ur stay in skool, like u were better off than people dat came out with same grade as d op. why are u so sickly(#combination of being sick and silly)?

Why won't you quickly identify with him when you both are birds of the same feather? The way you type I do not need a soothsayer to tell me what you represent.

Usually ,I do not respond to people that type in this your iidiotic short hand you're using here, but just to respond to your stupidity and dignify your crappy nature, I just did - Now get lost dumbo. grin
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2015
aloeeverhealth:
Please don't stay off. I am a testimony. I applied for a job with a, second class upper, but had lower class. But I passed the three stages of the interview and I am now an assistant manager. Those that we came in with better results, are now my junior. With that, I leave in one of the most expensive estates in Nigeria.

Bro, class of degree does not matter. Not every first class candidate is intelligent. If you are employed, you need to go the extra mile to convince your employer beyond their expectations. Prayer works too. So please, give it a shot. After all, their is no failure in trying. If you never tried, you are a failure.

Go ahead

At least u didn't lie abt ur grade while applying but he lied abt his own grade. Credibility and truthfulness matters and are also quality criteria for any person
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 11:45am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Why won't you quickly identify with him when you both are birds of the same feather? The way you type I do not need a soothsayer to tell me what you represent.

Usually ,I do not respond to people that type in this your iidiotic short hand you're using here, but just to respond to your stupidity and dignify your crappy nature, I just did - Now get lost dumbo. grin
i wouldn't expect something better from u. and i am not surprised with ur reply either..
u dnt need to meet with a man one on one bfre u knw his state of mind. dats they way u think and thats who u are. enjoy uf sef man..#end of discussion....TRUCKPUSHER .

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2015
ipheoluwa22:

Forgive me for intruding but your comment is quite preposterous! Do you mean that you involved yourself in cheating all through your days in school? Now I know why organizations set out aptitude test to extirpate people of your kind. I mean no disrespect though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2015
ipheoluwa22:
i wouldn't expect something better from u. and i am not surprised with ur reply either..
u dnt need to meet with a man one on one bfre u knw his state of mind. dats they way u think and thats who u are. enjoy uf sef man..#end of discussion....TRUCKPUSHER .
Taah!! commot for my face. grin
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2015
Peaceisgold:

Forgive me for intruding but your comment is quite preposterous! Do you mean that you involved yourself in cheating all through your days in school? Now I know why organizations set out aptitude test to extirpate people of your kind. I mean no disrespect though.
And he is the same set of dolts that wants corruption to end in Nigeria.

They think that corrupt practices starts and ends with political office holders. grin

Someone confessed to filling in what he never merited in his school days in an attempt to land a job and the olodo is here using his village meeting tactics on me. grin grin
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by smsdigito: 11:55am On Sep 24, 2015
cana882:
I am a desperate job seeker haven completed my NYSC early this year.

I saw a job advert and applied for it. All criteria and requirements were met except for the fact that they wanted a first class or second class upper applicant while I graduated with second class lower (though from a reputable university in ghana).

I went ahead and filled in "second class upper" and I got an sms this morning inviting me for an aptitude test.

Like I earlier said, i'm desperate and would love to have this job but don't know if I should still go for the test or not.

Please advice

Go and attempt it. My current job that was how i got it years ago. Its God that gives jobs. for it is not unto him, that willeth, nor unto him that runneth but it is the Lord that showeth mercy. if you believe you can win.

[url]talkinfotech.com[/url]

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2015
Peaceisgold:

i am not saying i cheated while i was in school...i mean people can be successful in different ways, either by honesty or dishonesty...mind you i am not a job seeker and i understand your view too..... the reason i quoted @truckpusher was because of his approach to the op's post... what do u gain when u insult someone who is in of need of an advice? it doesn't make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by jumokedol(f): 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
@truckman or truck pusher your mouth is really stinking like wat yu ve in ur truck. Do u ve to be abusive. Give an. Intelligent advice or keep quite

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
ipheoluwa22:

i am not saying i cheated while i was in school...i mean people can be successful in different ways, either by honesty or dishonesty...mind you i am not a job seeker and i understand your view too..... the reason i quoted @truckpusher was because of his approach to the op's post... what do u gain when u insult someone who is in of need of an advice? it doesn't make sense to me.

Your problem is that you do not understand when to draw the line.

The op is not a donkey to understood that filing in what you never merited to seek for a job might not just get you into trouble but equally deny the rightful candidate of that position even if we argue that the probability of it happening is quite low.But it does happen.

Op has a dubious character and I have zero tolerance for people that cheat foolishly - If you must cheat, cheat like an educated fellow and of course don't get caught wink - He was only going for that interview to embarrass himself and even some serious outfit will arrest him.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by vicque(f): 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
Life is war
You win with fighting
You lose in not trying

Just go and come back to tell us what happened.

One thing is certain though you have shown them you lack some form of personal integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
jumokedol:
@truckman or truck pusher your mouth is really stinking like wat yu ve in ur truck. Do u ve to be abusive. Give an. Intelligent advice or keep quite
When ugly looking apelike ladies like you quote me I just get angry. angry

Now why did you do this to me ? grin
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
vicque:

Life is war
You win with fighting
You lose in not trying

Just go and come back to tell us what happened.

One thing is certain though you have shown them you lack some form of personal integrity.
And which outfit in their right frame of mind would want to hire someone that has a questionable character? Unless it is part of the job prerequisite.

N/B: Life only becomes a war for those who wants to make it a war front - and poverty is a state of the mind.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your problem is that you do not understand when to draw the line.

The op is not a donkey to understood that filing in what you never merited to seek for a job might not just get you into trouble but equally deny the rightful candidate of that position even if we argue that the probability of it happening is quite low.But it does happen.

Op has a dubious character and I have zero tolerance for people that cheat foolishly - If you must cheat, cheat like an educate fellow and of course don't get caught wink - He was only going for that interview to embarrass himself and even some serious outfit will arrest him.

remember he said he is "desperate", av u ever been in a situation where u needed something so bad dat u can do anytin to get it...i am not saying the op is right in his action. buh we shld always see ourselves in others shoes, to him it's job to another it might be something else evryone has his/her own fears and the tendency to betray our values when we in face of those fears is kinna high, if u knw what i mean.
My point is this.....nobody is "all" right, we all av diff wrongs, why shld we then insult someone dat needs help? is dat the way we can help out?
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by AfroKnight: 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
aloeeverhealth:
not all of them. In seen students crammed their ways to first class. I have seen some of them settled lecturers to get first class., some even buy it. So, tell me. Does my assertion make sense now?

Bro, it's 1st class we are talking about not 2:1. You may buy your way into 2:1 but 1st class requires consistent excellent results. How would you buy a 1st class degree? Would the student successfully bribe every lecturer at every level and for every course? Come on, that's implausible. I don't know what university you are using as a reference here but that notion is still a long shot bro. It is amusing that you think some first class graduates are unintelligent. Haba! I hope this is not prejudice speaking.

It would have been better if you had said some 2:2 graduates are more intelligent than their 1st class colleagues. Now, that's plausible. Perhaps they were uninterested or victimized and so did not graduate with their desired grades but my brother, first class graduates are intelligent.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
ipheoluwa22:

remember he said he is "desperate", av u ever been in a situation where u needed something so bad dat u can do anytin to get it...i am not saying the op is right in his action. buh we shld always see ourselves in others shoes, to him it's job to another it might be something else evryone has his/her own fears and the tendency to betray our values when we in face of those fears is kinna high, if u knw what i mean.
My point is this.....nobody is "all" right, we all av diff wrongs, why shld we then insult someone dat needs help? is dat the way we can help out?
He's desperate yet he has all the guts to be doing the wrong thing?

There is no excuses to justify any form of ill conceived idea - He screwed up and we do need to window dress it to free our mind.

Look 'evil' in the face and call it 'evil' my friend - That's the only way forward and this isn't about your religious belief it is about doing it right all the time to the best of your knowledge or simply do the do and don't get caught.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
He's desperate yet he has all the guts to be doing the wrong thing?

There is no excuses to justify any form of ill conceived idea - He screwed up and we do need to window dress it to free our mind.

Look 'evil' in the face and call it 'evil' my friend - That's the only way forward and this isn't about your religious belief it is about doing it right all the time to the best of your knowledge or simply do the do and don't get caught.
does my comment looks like i am portraying ani form of religious believes? i am jus making common sense.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by AfroKnight: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
ipheoluwa22:
yes!! ....first class is not what u use to measure intelligence. if u rate people's intelligence by their grade den wht shld we say of HENRY FORD??

Bro you don't understand. I didn't say those who don't have first class are not intelligent. I am just challenging the implausible assumption that some first class graduates are dull. Bro how is that possible?
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
ipheoluwa22:

does my comment looks like i am portraying ani form of religious believes? i am jus making common sense.
Not all - I was only trying to show you that my supposedly high moral ground wasn't based on any ideology. cheesy
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
AfroKnight:

Bro you don't understand. I didn't say those who don't have first class are not intelligent. I am just challenging the implausible assumption that some first class graduates are dull. Bro how is that possible?
ohhh...first class graduates are not dull oooo. buh bro some of dem aint as intelligent as the other grade folks too. buh i get ur point sha. dats my opinion tho
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ipheoluwa22: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Not all - I was only trying to show you that my supposedly high moral ground wasn't based on any ideology. cheesy

owk den, i get ur point now.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by seyluv(f): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2015
It's beta to try than not to try all, honour Dia Invitation, d highest dat will happen is to turn u back, at d Same time u can be favoured - after all Dia r people with 2:1 but dey can't defend it...

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by TheSage1: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
Go for the interview and if by any chance you are offered the job, decline the offer explaining to them that you were not really qualified but that out of desperation all you wanted to do was get a chance to see how job interviews for highly qualified applicants look like. If they they have mercy on you fine but if not good luck still.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by cana882(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Rocktation:

My dear, that is the way oo. Especially with NBC. Pass the test wella, nobody will remember your degree in NBC. Also, wear jeans and t-shirt to the interview, not suit. Thank me later.
y jeans and t-shirt?
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by skedy1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
The answer would depend on..

1, If by th time you applied, there was provision for you to fill your qualification and grade.

2, If number 1 above is yes, did you feel your correct grade (Second class lower)??

so if number 2 is yes, then go for the interview, if otherwise, bros stay back!!!

#My opinion though!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanbic IBTC 2016 Assessment Begins / Apply For Shell Livewire Programme 2017 / How To Successfully Write A Job Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.