Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for (23926 Views)

How I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified Or Trained For / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ChiSun27(m): 9:07am On Sep 24, 2015
My guy just continue searching.

Just assumed that u didn't apply for that job....u don fall ur hand already.

Apply with honesty next time.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by dOnLarich: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
You played and partied in Ghana, now it's time to pay up ,boy!

Go get yourself embarrassed. grin

Oloriburuku cheesy
grin
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
You played and partied in Ghana, now it's time to pay up ,boy!

Go get yourself embarrassed. grin

Oloriburuku cheesy
Jejejejejejejejejejejeje.... Rotfl...

*Falls off MTN Mast.... Stop halfway to drop my Lenovo... Continue falling.... close to the ground, stop.... perch with my two legs... Then smiles*

You bad...

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2015
daddysprincess:
You never know what will happen. Impossible also mean I'm possible try your luck
Even with dishonesty and deceit? undecided

Little wonder you folks sleep in churches, end up being extorted by your pastors, while fuccking the hell out of you folks....smh grin
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Homguy(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2015
Go there with total confidence, but be psychologically prepared things may swing the other way around. Its worth the try.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by gonaeme: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2015
Take the risk,u ve nothing to loose after all.God can break every protocol for ur sake.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2015
Did you say you are desperate? Then why are you wasting your time with people's opinion?

Go and iron your shirt and dry clean your suit. Don't forget to give your shoes a good shine.

Many of us have done ridiculous things in pursuit of good jobs. Some have falsified their ages, some have claimed experience which they never had. Yours is claiming a higher grade than what you got.

My advice is attend the aptitude test. If you pass, then you're probably better than those 2.1 guys who wouldn't pass. If the issue of grade comes up at the interview, tell them it was a horrible Typo, but you've shown your ability by passing their test. You can even let them feel important by telling them that their aptitude test is one the toughest you've ever taken and that you are proud to have passed it.

Summary of my gist is that go for the test. All the best.

8 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by luckypeace1980: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2015
yes jst attend d intervier u can tell them it was a mistake from the person you asked to help you fill the form online
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2015
sannirules:
Go, you have nothing to lose. At least take the aptitude test first, then youll tell them. Why not take your chances, and you'll explain to them that u wanted the experience of writing an aptitude test, as this is your first. Embarrassment is part of life, its not like they'll kill u anyway.
@Op Please read this and digest it. I read your piece out to a friend and this what what he said too. Embarrassment is Part of life, what if you got what they really want that the 2:1's do not have. The worse that'd happen is You not getting the job. This could be your chance. There's no harm in trying. Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Horllamideh(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2015
aloeeverhealth:
Please don't stay off. I am a testimony. I applied for a job with a, second class upper, but had lower class. But I passed the three stages of the interview and I am now an assistant manager. Those that we came in with better results, are now my junior. With that, I leave in one of the most expensive estates in Nigeria.

Bro, class of degree does not matter. Not every first class candidate is intelligent. If you are employed, you need to go the extra mile to convince your employer beyond their expectations. Prayer works too. So please, give it a shot. After all, their is no failure in trying. If you never tried, you are a failure.

Go ahead
OP's case is different except if of course you too lied in your CV dat you graduated with a 2.1.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by stanisbaratheon: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2015
cana882:
I am a desperate job seeker haven completed my NYSC early this year.

I saw a job advert and applied for it. All criteria and requirements were met except for the fact that they wanted a first class or second class upper applicant while I graduated with second class lower (though from a reputable university in ghana).

I went ahead and filled in "second class upper" and I got an sms this morning inviting me for an aptitude test.

Like I earlier said, i'm desperate and would love to have this job but don't know if I should still go for the test or not.

Please advice

you better get your asss over there. If there's any question about your grade tell them it's a typographical error..that's all. Now gerrara there

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by zicoraads: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2015
aloeeverhealth:
Please don't stay off. I am a testimony. I applied for a job with a, second class upper, but had lower class. But I passed the three stages of the interview and I am now an assistant manager. Those that we came in with better results, are now my junior. With that, I leave in one of the most expensive estates in Nigeria.

Bro, class of degree does not matter. Not every first class candidate is intelligent. If you are employed, you need to go the extra mile to convince your employer beyond their expectations. Prayer works too. So please, give it a shot. After all, their is no failure in trying. If you never tried, you are a failure.

Go ahead
You don't get it, he lied about his class of degree. It's another thing if he didn't lie, but he was still invited. No company will employ someone who lied about something like this. None!

That said, OP, go for it. Even if you don't scale through it, the experience might be good for you. Since you are a fresh graduate. Just go. At least one thing we are sure of is, you won't be killed.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by IDFWU(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2015
@ Cana882 u be as dumb AF if u don't give it a trial. if u waiting 4 a job advert 4 those with ya class then u dey wait 4 fowl to piss. C'mon man gear up and see how it rolls. No harm in trying, u already have the 2.2 get used to its disgraceful nature and make the best outta it.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by daddysprincess(f): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Even with dishonesty and deceit? undecided

Little wonder you folks sleep in churches, end up being extorted by your pastors, while fuccking the hell out of you folks....smh grin
there is nothing like dishonesty there he has not submitted his result yet. They said they need a first class or second class upper but he applied just trying his luck except in his application letter he told them that he have first class or second class lower and he didn't do that I see no reason why he should not go for the interview

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by onatisi(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2015
Op,this is the difference between successful people and failures. Go to the interview ,you never can tell what will happen. Miracles do happen and you maybe surprised that they may take you if they are impressed with your skills and intelligence . Why are you been negative,the worst that will happen at the interview is for them to tell you to get out and the beat thing is they can tell you to resume work but on probation if you excel,so why don't u look at the brohy and positive side of things and move on. Ppl who look at the negative side of things never made any headway in life
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by aktolly54(m): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2015
prelinctus:
Op, see how you just prevented another genuinely qualified person from getting called. Why did you have to lie in the first place? Don't you dare set foot at the venue?
Not really.

For aptitude tests, everyone who meets the criteria are invited. The guy has only wasted the time of the person who sent him the invite.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2015
daddysprincess:
there is nothing like dishonesty there he has not submitted his result yet. They said they need a first class or second class upper but he applied just trying his luck except in his application letter he told them that he have first class or second class lower and he didn't do that I see no reason why he should not go for the interview
Put back on your glasses and read his initial post/topic upside down and quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2015
Freemanan:

Jejejejejejejejejejejeje.... Rotfl...

*Falls off MTN Mast.... Stop halfway to drop my Lenovo... Continue falling.... close to the ground, stop.... perch with my two legs... Then smiles*

You bad...
Very dry... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2015
My current job is a managerial position that required 5 years experience, i applied despite my only two years experience, guess who got the Job, me..... yours is different though, you lied, you will be embarrassed when you get to the interview. But you could risk it, express your abilities to the interviewers anyway, perfect your excuse with manipulation (which uve started anyway), eloquence and confidence. You might not be accepted, but you will at least win their respect, best of all you could get the Job if you are the best..... By nature we are all attracted to confidence, including your interviewers

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Olukat(m): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2015
Is certificate/grade important anymore?
Go there with clean bread label or recent NEPA bill jare grin grin grin
Ask "Sai baba" shouters how they do it grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by daddysprincess(f): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Put back on your glasses and read his initial post/topic upside down and quote me again.
am not good at argument let it be
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 24, 2015
Horllamideh:

OP's case is different except if of course you too lied in your CV dat you graduated with a 2.1.
nah. But I'm only encouraging the op

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Truckpusher(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2015
daddysprincess:
am not good at argument let it be
Just read please......
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by dammytosh: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2015
I'm
cana882:
I am a desperate job seeker haven completed my NYSC early this year.

I saw a job advert and applied for it. All criteria and requirements were met except for the fact that they wanted a first class or second class upper applicant while I graduated with second class lower (though from a reputable university in ghana).

I went ahead and filled in "second class upper" and I got an sms this morning inviting me for an aptitude test.

Like I earlier said, i'm desperate and would love to have this job but don't know if I should still go for the test or not.

Please advice

Go for the interview to know how to prepare for interview next time.

After the interview, they will ask you if you have something to say.

Tell them you had 2-2 but you are aware their requirement is 2-1 and you did not even know you picked 2-1 out of desperation

Thank them for the audience and interview experience and take a bow out.

I wish you success in your search for job.

I pray that God in his infinite mercy will get u a job. He did mine that i av never searched for job for a day since graduation and i av been priviledged to work in several blue chip coys. He will give you grace and have mercy on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by ajasa4link: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2015
@op if u are willing to absorb any embarrassment they will dish out to u and u won't feel down, then u should go. But if u are someone whose moral gets low easily, it's better u stay put and just continue ur search because be rest assured the HR will really be mad at u if they find out you lied about ur degree because u have just denied someone who is more qualified for the job an opportunity.
And for others still in school, I think this is an eye opener to everyone that u need to buckle up and get at least a good degree before u can get opportunities in the saturated Nigerian market
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2015
Scaredy cats!! angry angry
OP, go for it!! If you make it to the interview stage, tell them truthfully that you are a 2.2 graduate and you just wanted a feel of what it looks like. You never can tell!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Rocktation(f): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2015
Someone I know, gatecrashed NBC test session. She has a second class lower and the requirement at the time, was an upper. She got the job and has even been posted to the headquarters in Ikeja sef.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by daddysprincess(f): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Just read please......
thank you
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Toktee(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2015
sannirules:
Go, you have nothing to lose. At least take the aptitude test first, then youll tell them. Why not take your chances, and you'll explain to them that u wanted the experience of writing an aptitude test, as this is your first. Embarrassment is part of life, its not like they'll kill u anyway.
Guy,you sin against God and man,just confess your sins and go,just like the above advice,dnt argue with them,let them know that your that you want to take the test.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Roseey0(f): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2015
Pass the test first. Your results will only come in during the interview and if you do exceptionally well, they may forget your grade.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by Roseey0(f): 9:38am On Sep 24, 2015
Rocktation:
Someone I know, gatecrashed NBC test session. She has a second class lower and the requirement at the time, was an upper. She got the job and has even been posted to the headquarters in Ikeja sef.
You just motivated me. I wasn't shortlisted. I go gatecrash.
Re: Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for by anigbajumo(m): 9:39am On Sep 24, 2015
aloeeverhealth:

Go ahead

Best comment so far,I think.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Addax Aptitude Test / I Hate My Course So Much Now!!! / Apply For MTN Nigeria Graduate Customer Service Accelerated Internship Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.