Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board (1003 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Joins The Board Of Gavi / Okonjo-iweala Joins Us Investment Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board by igbo2011(m): 4:13am On Sep 25, 2015
http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/21/okonjo-iweala-joins-us-investment-bank-gets-bill-and-melinda-gates-board-appointment/

"Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has disclosed that she is joining United States financial advisory and asset management bank, Lazard.

Okonjo-Iweala added that she also got a new job – chair-elect of the board of Bill and Melinda Gates’ Gavi the Vaccine.

“The two appointments I’m going to undertake embody a continuation of what I’ve tried to do in my career”, she told the Financial Times.

“My work at Gavi will help me continue my work in strengthening institutions and building systems to improve the health of children through immunisation,” she said.

At Lazard, she would advise countries on structuring their finances and dealing with debt issues, the newspaper wrote.

Okonjo-Iweala served twice as Finance Minister, first under President Olusegun Obasanjo and then Goodluck Jonathan.

She has been accused of tactically backing the looting of oil funds, among other allegations.

The economist has consistently denied all the claims.
"

What do you think of this?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board by dokiOloye(m): 4:26am On Sep 25, 2015
U guys shld take it easy wt this news,lest Oshiomole develops a heart attack.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board by nnachukz(m): 4:38am On Sep 25, 2015
They made their m0rons to see her as corrupt person just as they have painted everybody bad except themselves. Their zombies both in the media and outside the media go everywhere singing she is corrupt and incompetent but foreigners see her competency and intergrity and offer her multiple appointments that Oshomole and co can only dream for but will never taste till they leave this world. Pls what international appointment has Soludo gotten since he left political appointment. It is not by noise making.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board by Larynx(m): 4:42am On Sep 25, 2015
The dude above me tho... Booking space in almost all the trend.... Smh for u....
Re: Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board by Godfullsam(m): 4:43am On Sep 25, 2015
congratulations to her
Re: Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board by birdman(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2015
igbo2011:
http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/21/okonjo-iweala-joins-us-investment-bank-gets-bill-and-melinda-gates-board-appointment/

"Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has disclosed that she is joining United States financial advisory and asset management bank, Lazard.

Okonjo-Iweala added that she also got a new job – chair-elect of the board of Bill and Melinda Gates’ Gavi the Vaccine.

“The two appointments I’m going to undertake embody a continuation of what I’ve tried to do in my career”, she told the Financial Times.

“My work at Gavi will help me continue my work in strengthening institutions and building systems to improve the health of children through immunisation,” she said.

At Lazard, she would advise countries on structuring their finances and dealing with debt issues, the newspaper wrote.

Okonjo-Iweala served twice as Finance Minister, first under President Olusegun Obasanjo and then Goodluck Jonathan.

She has been accused of tactically backing the looting of oil funds, among other allegations.

The economist has consistently denied all the claims.
"

What do you think of this?

I am not surprised. The advisory position looks very shady. Anyways the damage has been done already....
Re: Okonjo-iweala Joins US Investment Bank, Gets Bill And Melinda Gates Board by mohajenny: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2015
Hello
i am miss Jenny i am looking for friendship
please contact me now so you can know more
about me with my pics
jernnifermohamed@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

US To Step Up Boko Activities After Humiliating Disgrace From Syria By Russia / Emir of Ilorin to Buhari: Implement confab report to restructure Nigeria / BREAKING NEWS: Charles Okah Dies In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.