Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . (39327 Views)

Ten Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Christmas / Ten Reasons Why You Must Be Conscious Of The Number 12!!! / ''Wicked Village Wait For Me, I'm Coming'' (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by kingsfield(m): 6:15am On Sep 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Exodus 22 vs 16.

"If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be
married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-
price, and she shall be his wife.

Please enlighten Ur self well about the real definition of sexual immorality
"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated ( anah) her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NIV
There are two points to note here. First, even though the verse may seem to be instructing the rapist to marry the victim the passage nowhere sanctions, condones or even approves of rape. This is simply a gross misreading of the text. The injunction is intended to instruct the Israelites on how to deal with and address a rape situation if and when it occurs.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 26, 2015
kingsfield:

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated ( anah) her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NIV
There are two points to note here. First, even though the verse may seem to be instructing the rapist to marry the victim the passage nowhere sanctions, condones or even approves of rape. This is simply a gross misreading of the text. The injunction is intended to instruct the Israelites on how to deal with and address a rape situation if and when it occurs.

so ur saying d Israeli God supports that a woman should marry someone who raped her
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 26, 2015
kingsfield:

1 Corinthians 6:18 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin[ a ] a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin[ a ] a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Before u ever understand this, I have to understand what sexual immorality is in Greek or Jewish language. Read up first.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by mascot87(m): 6:36am On Sep 26, 2015
Favolly:

Are you also a virgin?

100% virgin sweetheart.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by Sakes: 7:29am On Sep 26, 2015
kingsfield:

For the records: These are JEWISH LAWs!!!!!
I know you can find other better references to convey your Point, especially in the new testament; just to avoid Confusion!!!!!

But, it doesn't really over rule essence anyway!!!!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by ahmadneedy(m): 8:35am On Sep 26, 2015
God bless u my guy
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by dmola(m): 9:08am On Sep 26, 2015
kilode100:
Team tester.

I gat no time for stories that touch.
ur dp eh! lmaoooooooo
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by Mzjacy(f): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2015
kingsfield:
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification:[ a] that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each one of you know how to control his own body[ b] in holiness and honor, 5 not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;
The bible is our manual instruction

pls tell them, THOSE who say sex is not a religious thing.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by miketayo(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2015
YOUR 10 POINTS IS ACTUALLY 3 POINTS(SIN, DISEASE AND UNWANTED KIS), YOU KEPT SAYING THE SAME THING IN DIFFERENT WAYS grin grin

NICE WRITE UP ANYWAYS
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by Oluboonmi(f): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2015
Profnedu:
Story for d gods
Op e be like say konji neva catch u b4
Wen konji go visit u. U wil knw dia is a difference btw I was der and I shall be der

If kongi visit u terribly nd na mad pesin or na small pikin dey around. U no go control ur kanji abi? As long as u will control d kanji if its ur mother or sis that's around, u shd also be able to keep it under control
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
frankkydee:

you can if you real have a strong decision power and also pray for power to overcome temptations.

Oh! Thank you so much for this
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
babywhite:

y quoting me? learn if u Neva learn till now
hmmmmm
Trouble maker
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
legendsilver:
have you waited for once?
Sure
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
horlaleykan:
yeah u shld... save it 4ur hubby... u av a cute face tho..
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
horlaleykan:
yeah u shld... save it 4ur hubby... u av a cute face tho..
Oh really?
God bless you
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by canDy4eva(f): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
Flashh:
Sex has nothing to do with marriage, your body needs it.
my dear sex b4 marriage is sin! Quote me any whr...
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by Flashh: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2015
canDy4eva:
my dear sex b4 marriage is sin! Quote me any whr...
Even though I don't like sex before marriage, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't indulge in it before I get married.

I know what I am saying because I'm a physician and I know when the body needs it which you know.

You know Konji na babe, as they said it can strike anytime.

Happy weekend miss. smiley
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by babywhite(f): 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

hmmmmm
Trouble maker
trouble seeker
Re: Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:13am On Oct 17, 2015
babywhite:
trouble seeker
Continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Antichrist Statements Made By Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) / Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.