Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,241 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604482 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2016
yinyinola:
Good morning All. I have been following this thread silently and I really appreciate the wealth of information loaded in here....well done guys. I will like some clarifications and advise please....
I was wondering who is in the best position between myself and my husband to be the lead applicant for the express entry application. My husband is a medical doctor with a masters degree. I am a lawyer also with a masters degree but I am not practising law. I work in project management (2years now) I practised law for about a year but I have also worked in customer service and administrative capacity. In total I have about 7years of work experience. Hubby has been working as a doctor for about 7-8years now but he is currently undergoing a residency training programme. I thought it should be the lead applicant since he has had a more consistent work experience...any advise on this will be welcomed please.

On the flip side I am thinking it might take longer for us to have the profile ready considering the length of time the foreign medical assessment body takes to assess foreign qualifications....
Hello. I will try to answer some of your questions to the best of my ability and hopefully more persons would chip in as well.
As regards the choice of a principal applicant, it simply boils down to who is younger, has the higher educational qualification and scores the highest on ielts. A masters degree and a first professional degree are awarded the same points on the CRS so you both have masters and fpd each. the choice is yours. The mbbs would take 3-6 months to get a completed ECA while the Llb would take about 2-3 weeks with IQAS.
I am not sure...but i think that if the chosen NOC is as a medical doctor, then an ECA for the mbbs would be the ideal.

As regards, NOC. you score maximum points for work experience of 3 yrs and above. However, it has to have been in 1 NOC. so you need to decide which noc you want to use for the EE process.

As for the WES, you can write them and ask them to proceed on your eca process without the bachelors transcript and they would assess just your masters alone which would give you maximum points.
However, you can also visit your uni and help the transcript/verification process along if you really want your bachelors assessed but then it would not be of any added value seeing as wes evaluates llb as bachelors degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls house,what is the maximum score one can get with this profile, tried CRS tool and getting different scores:
Single
Degree: B.pharm
Work experience: 3 years +
Ielts: CLB 10 and above,I know I would get that by His grace.
Thanks for your inp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
veleta:
Pls house,what is the maximum score one can get with this profile, tried CRS tool and getting different scores:
Single
Degree: B.pharm
Work experience: 3 years +
Ielts: CLB 10 and above,I know I would get that by His grace.
Thanks for your inp

About 481 if applicant is single.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

About 481 if applicant is single.

Pls, what would one score in all the sections of IELTS to get a CLB of 10 and above. Also, what would be the point in CRS.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
tundechange:

Pls, what would one score in all the sections of IELTS to get a CLB of 10 and above. Also, what would be the point in CRS.

Thank you

L8.5, R8.0, S7.5 and W7.5. That is CLB 10.

Click here to check what the CRS will be. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

L8.5, R8.0, S7.5 and W7.5. That is CLB 10.

Click here to check what the CRS will be. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thanks Boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
vcole:

Hello. I will try to answer some of your questions to the best of my ability and hopefully more persons would chip in as well.
As regards the choice of a principal applicant, it simply boils down to who is younger, has the higher educational qualification and scores the highest on ielts. A masters degree and a first professional degree are awarded the same points on the CRS so you both have masters and fpd each. the choice is yours. The mbbs would take 3-6 months to get a completed ECA while the Llb would take about 2-3 weeks with IQAS.
I am not sure...but i think that if the chosen NOC is as a medical doctor, then an ECA for the mbbs would be the ideal.
As regards, NOC. you score maximum points for work experience of 3 yrs and above. However, it has to have been in 1 NOC. so you need to decide which noc you want to use for the EE process.
As for the WES, you can write them and ask them to proceed on your eca process without the bachelors transcript and they would assess just your masters alone which would give you maximum points.
However, you can also visit your uni and help the transcript/verification process along if you really want your bachelors assessed but then it would not be of any added value seeing as wes evaluates llb as bachelors degree.

Thank you very much for the explanation vcole. We are age mates. I have done ielts with scores L8, R8.5, W7 & S8.5. Waiting for hubby to write his but we are hoping he scores higher as he has passed the academic in the past so the general shouldn't be a problem. As per NOC, I haven't been in the same NOC for 3yrs...been up and about....I will be contacting my school to see what they can do but the information I gathered is that they sent my transcript already. I contacted them as soon as I submitted my request to WES and I made sure some one followed up for me so am not sure why WES has been delaying for about a month now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
Again am thinking that we might still have to wait for hubby's assessment of medical credentials if I am the lead applicant so either ways we need to get his medical degree assessed except his masters degree would suffice....what do you think please? Thanks

vcole:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Superchi,

Thanks so much. really appreciate

superchi:

Hally

I advise you state it in the LOE. Also attached the emails.
If its not sufficient CIC will request for what suffices.

Please do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Thanks @ Tundechange,I aporeciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by powermike9999: 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hello gr8 Nlanders,

Has any1 tried paying for IQAS Evaluation wt a Zenith/gtbank bank card recently.

Pls how much did dey charge? I wanna pay mine next week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Uptosomething:
Dear Team,

Greetings to Zandora,Justwise and all FORUM MEMBERS.. I read Hist & Int'l Relations and have been working in bank as Customer Service Officer since 2014.I am applying to study in CAD (M.A) but my friend in Alberta has been urging me to rather go for CEC route that It is the better bet......

How better am I?
My aim is emigration, is it the best route?
outside Ielts,WES evaluation and SOA,any other additional req?

Kindly know that I am SINGLE NOT MARRIED

INputs needed
Thanks

Customer service role in a bank falls under NOC 'C' which might not be eligible for express entry, you could find similar job roles that are eligible if your job description fits into any of them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Gd Day my pple, pls i av B. Sc industrial chem, current runnin my M.Sc. I av been working in a research Institute since 2011.Hubby has pgd in electrical n Electronic and he has been working since 2006. We av 3kids and want to apply for permanent residency, pls advice on d Best route to follow. Pls helpp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by holukayode: 5:44am On Jun 02, 2016
1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on June 1, 2016 and ending on June 2, 2016 is 762.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on June 1, 2016 at 18:59:32 UTC, have been assigned a total of 483 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:06am On Jun 02, 2016
@holukayode

Thanks. Please provide the link to the above information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by holukayode: 7:42am On Jun 02, 2016
40manlappy:
@holukayode

Thanks. Please provide the link to the above information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2016
Hello everyone, Pls I need an urgent advice here..I and my wife just wrote ielts and d result should be out next week. My wife is going to be the PR because of her age and MSc, I have been planning to go to a school in Canada for msc. Please, I want to know if we can continue with the EE while she's here in nigeria and I will apply for my student visa, which the school will resume September.
Also, what effect will it have if I eventually get admission into the school in Canada by September, and she's still here waiting in d pool for a nomination or something. Does that mean she will apply for the EE as married and hubby not going with her? And how will our son accompany her if she eventually gets THE PR
Pls kindly advice. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
[quote author=hallly post=46105270]Is there anyone who can be of assistance. Hubby spent over a year in India, but currently back in Nigeria. We've been trying to get India pcc. The India embassy in Lagos refused to give us, stating that they only issue to Indians here in Nigeria. They refused to respond to our mails or give a written letter to this effect.

Can anyone kindly advice on how to proceed?[/quote

I'm in the same position as you but what I eventually did was collate all the mail's and wrote a letter of explanations to prove I've triedand exhausted all means possible to get it. Indian PCC can only be gotten if you travel back to India and remember once you travel there the date of the pcc must be after your last exit from the country. Even Indians get it thru their nose.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
It does not change anything. You and your son will still be included in her application as accompanying family members. The only difference is that, if your application is processed in Accra, when she receives PPR, she will need to change your VO to Canada so that you can submit your passport in Canada while she will send hers to Accra.

muyiwaojo1:
Hello everyone, Pls I need an urgent advice here..I and my wife just wrote ielts and d result should be out next week. My wife is going to be the PR because of her age and MSc, I have been planning to go to a school in Canada for msc. Please, I want to know if we can continue with the EE while she's here in nigeria and I will apply for my student visa, which the school will resume September.
Also, what effect will it have if I eventually get admission into the school in Canada by September, and she's still here waiting in d pool for a nomination or something. Does that mean she will apply for the EE as married and hubby not going with her? And how will our son accompany her if she eventually gets THE PR
Pls kindly advice. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by powermike9999: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hello gr8 Nlanders, 

Has any1 tried paying for IQAS Evaluation wt a Zenith/gtbank bank card recently.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm really at a crossroads. ITA with WES evaluation is expiring in 2days. CRS has. Refused to come down. Do you guys think I should go ahead and submit my application? (attach d two ECA with a detailed LOE) ur suggestions will be welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
powermike9999:
Hello gr8 Nlanders, 

You can call your bank and find out the exchange rate of the day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
iphie25:
Hi everyone. I'm really at a crossroads. ITA with WES evaluation is expiring in 2days. CRS has. Refused to come down. Do you guys think I should go ahead and submit my application? (attach d two ECA with a detailed LOE) ur suggestions will be welcome.

In my opinion,I don't think you should risk it. With your score I believe you will get ita soon. So be patient.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 12:26am On Jun 03, 2016
@Slowlybtsurely,thanks immensely for your response,l made a mistake in my acknowledgement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by KK4JC: 1:16am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello every 1, is there a what's app group for pple who have , quebec immigration?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by KK4JC: 1:19am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello every 1, pleas I jus wanted to ask I there is a whatsapp group of people who have applied for quebec immigration? I need this info urgently, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 2:47am On Jun 03, 2016
iphie25:
an ITA bird in hand is worth more than 10 ITAs in the bush. Just my 2kobo, why not support your argument with a very detailed LOe. What was your crs score sef? Best of luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 5:42am On Jun 03, 2016
olurotimi1:
an ITA bird in hand is worth more than 10 ITAs in the bush. Just my 2kobo, why not support your argument with a very detailed LOe. What was your crs score sef? Best of luck

beyunce:

In my opinion,I don't think you should risk it. With your score I believe you will get ita soon. So be patient.

I've thought of it too. This is soo confusing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 7:35am On Jun 03, 2016
iphie25:

I've thought of it too. This is soo confusing.

You have a good score. You will definitely get an ITA. I don't think you should mess things.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:37am On Jun 03, 2016
ok.... the vote is swaying in favour of waiting. can anyone else add their thoughts too?

cc: Zandora, Jesusdway, slowlybutsurely, dupyshoo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:33am On Jun 03, 2016
Hi dear,

I am tempted to tell you to use this ITA because of the current trend of draws for the past 3 months. It is however a gamble as you might be fortunate that a nice case officer will handle your application and will not mind the new ECA. If you decide to go with this ITA, my advice is for you to to attach the old ECA with a letter of explanation that you were in doubt about the old ECA and hence had to go for another evaluation with a different body.

However, if I were you, as I am not a good risk taker, I will wait. Your score, 478 is not bad. It is inevitable you will get ITA within the next few draws. Just relax and start building your POF. It is not even how early you submit as there are people that got AOR since September but are still waiting for PPR. While, someone on this thread got her PPR within 28days.

Hope you are not going to lose points due to birthday any time soon?

iphie25:
ok.... the vote is swaying in favour of waiting. can anyone else add their thoughts too?

cc: Zandora, Jesusdway, slowlybutsurely, dupyshoo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.