Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605898 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Gymme:
I was actually pointing out part time hours that qualify for full time and not about before or after qualification work experience.

IRCC rejected a friend's PR application because they counted his work experience from after he graduated here in Canada. He thought since he started the job while as a student, that should count as work experience but they said no, the work experience should start counting AFTER school.

So i would also say that post qualification (whether part time or full time) is what IRCC recognizes.

So many things could be the case otherwise, their clause of "part-time work of two years equal one year" should have included 'post-graduation work experience'. The possible situations in your friend's case may be that the job he was doing while studying didn't fall under Skill Level 0, A or B, it may be a volunteer job that was not remunerated as such, the requirement to work the job he claimed may be a Bsc which obviously he didn't have during the period he claimed he did the job, the total hours worked as part-time if added together ended up not meeting 1,560hours for two years or, even if it met it, since its in Canada, he's not meant to work more than 20hours a week as a student and the job is even supposed to be on campus which kind of jobs wont likely fall under skill type 0, A or B. At any rate, kindly help find out from your friend the kind of job he did which was rejected by IRCC, how many hours per week he worked and consistently for how long and also, what the required qualification for that job is. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nickoko:
I don't think your work experience while undertaking a part-time study counts, CIC requires post-qualification in calculating your points though i stand to be corrected.

Nickoko:
@Gymme. Are you saying part-time job before qualification counts or part-time job after qualification? Are you saying if somebody graduated last year from a part-time program in nigeria university though he has been working for the past 6years whilst schooling, he will he get 6years or 1 year working experience for canada express entry?To the best of my knowledge cic only consider post qualification working experience wheather part-time or full time.

The guy in question said he studied part-time, he didn't say he worked part-time, you can work full-time and study part-time In Gymme's friend's case, it is the work that was part-time, not the study and there's a likely tendency one or two things is the case with the work experience he claimed cuz, IRCC never said anything about 'part-time work must be post-study'. Moreover, how will one work part-time when you have already finished studies
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
hsim247:

Hi JesusDWay,
I have about 4years experience in 2 different NOCs- 2years in both but while filling the EE profile, I told them I have 3 or more years. Is this a problem?

Why did you mention 3years in the first place? It will be a problem which they will discover from your reference letters. Like i once mentioned, IRCC will award you marks based on the years of experience you have in a SINGLE NOC, not the lump sum of years you have been working.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
TBDL:
HELLO DUPSYSHOO,

PLEASE CAN YOU THROW MORE LIGHT ON THE WORK EXPERIENCE?
I READ FOR THE F.S.W, IT MUST TO BE CONTINUOUS AND AT LEAST A YEAR, CAN ONE MERGE TWO DIFFERENT WORK EXPERIENCES TO FORM 1 YEAR?
PLEASE I NEED YOU GUYS TO HELP CLARIFY.

THANKS

As long as its the same occupation, its accepted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
andreernest28:
please i need a canadian visa,How do i go about it.

Go to page 1 of this thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
Gymme:
I was actually pointing out part time hours that qualify for full time and not about before or after qualification work experience.

IRCC rejected a friend's PR application because they counted his work experience from after he graduated here in Canada. He thought since he started the job while as a student, that should count as work experience but they said no, the work experience should start counting AFTER school.

So i would also say that post qualification (whether part time or full time) is what IRCC recognizes.

I think I may have understood what the problem is. While filling your EE Profile, they usually ask you the year you qualified to practice the work experience you are claiming, its possible your friend wrote the date he graduated which obviously will negate the period cuz you cannot have been working a job only to then qualify to practice it after you have been working for some years. If the job falls under Skill Level 0, A or B and does not require a degree to do the job, he ought to have put the date he graduated from Secondary school instead since the work experience was after that period. I hope you understand what I'm saying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
That's not correct. Part time work while on student visa in Canada will not be accepted but part time work outside Canada while studying will be accepted.

Nickoko:
Gbam! 100% correct and that is the clarification about part time work.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolzbaby2016: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
please everyone in house,
i am about submitting my degree qualification to WES. if i have both masters and Bsc,do i need to evaluate both degrees?
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
platypelloid:
God bless you Sir,@Gymme
You have been of help sir.
I am currently in YABA.
Kindly pm me the address of the notarized lawyer so I can see him personally.
Thank you so much.

What you need is calld a notary public. A special kind of lawyer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolzbaby2016: 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
@dupyshoo, please can i have a private mail chat wit you. I would like to enquire about somethings. my email ad is tgel08@yahoo.com.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TBDL: 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
JesusDWay:

As long as its the same occupation, its accepted

IM STILL TRYING TO GET A HIKD ON THIS WORK EXPERIENCE THING.. SO IF I'VE WORKED AS A LN ECONOMIST IN WORK A AND AS AM ACCOUNTANT IN WORK B, I CANT MERGE WORK A AND B TO FORM A YEAR'S EXPERIENCE?
AND IS THE NYSC WORK EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED AS VALID WORK EXPERIENCE WHEN FILLING THE EE PROFILE ??

PLEASE HELP!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
TBDL:

IM STILL TRYING TO GET A HIKD ON THIS WORK EXPERIENCE THING.. SO IF I'VE WORKED AS A LN ECONOMIST IN WORK A AND AS AM ACCOUNTANT IN WORK B, I CANT MERGE WORK A AND B TO FORM A YEAR'S EXPERIENCE?
AND IS THE NYSC WORK EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED AS VALID WORK EXPERIENCE WHEN FILLING THE EE PROFILE ??

PLEASE HELP!!

You can only merge jobs that have same functions. NYSC is acceptable since it's remunerated. Also, you don't have to state it on your letter that it was NYSC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
tolzbaby2016:
please everyone in house,
i am about submitting my degree qualification to WES. if i have both masters and Bsc,do i need to evaluate both degrees?
thank you

Not necessarily, you may evaluate only your Masters, particularly if they are from different Naija schools as one school may delay the other but if the two degrees were obtained from the same school, you may submit the two to be evaluated. Meanwhile, note that you will pay more as each school will charge you for transcript and courier and for another courier money(if they don't do email response to verification) when they are responding to verification from WES

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
dannietee:
Use the GCKey option to create your account.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nickoko:
Gbam! 100% correct and that is the clarification about part time work.

Check the clarification in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=6
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
Please still on this work experience matter. If you graduated with a Bsc in 2009, started work in 2010 till date. In 2013 got enrolled for a one year full time Msc which was not completed until 2015 due to project issues.

My question is can you claim work experience from 2010, Post Bsc graduation date? Also, will you exclude the years of doing masters which is a year but lingered for two years. of course you were working all along. How many years work experience can one safely claim.

Please note that the highest claim for education on the EOI is Masters. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello everyone,

Are there any HND graduates who have completed their EE profile in the house? I need some clarifications please...

When filling the Education History in the Study and Languages section of the EE profile, what should I choose in the Level of Education for both OND and HND?

This is because my OND was evaluated by WES to be Diploma (two years), and the HND as Diploma (three years) and a postgraduate certificate (one year), so I'm a little confused on what to fill in the complete/full academic years, Level of Education and the Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report to avoid misrepresentation.

Thanks for your help, guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
socialmisfit:
Hello everyone,

Are there any HND graduates who have completed their EE profile in the house? I need some clarifications please...

When filling the Education History in the Study and Languages section of the EE profile, what should I choose in the Level of Education for both OND and HND?

This is because my OND was evaluated by WES to be Diploma (two years), and the HND as Diploma (three years) and a postgraduate certificate (one year), so I'm a little confused on what to fill in the complete/full academic years, Level of Education and the Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report to avoid misrepresentation.

Thanks for your help, guys.

For the OND, select two years postsecondary while for the HND, select 'two certificates of which one is for a minimum of 3years'
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 3:52am On Sep 15, 2016
platypelloid:
Hello house
I sent my medical degree transcript to MCC
It was rejected, requesting for medical degree diploma which is not yet ready from my school.
From their website,final medical transcript is accepted which my school sent to them via dhl and I was notified its receipt.of which they rejected.

Pls house what can I do?

Urgent advice needed please.

I think thry only accept Medical Degree.....but at what stage where you rejected? in the physiciansaply portal/? Did they upload your documents then as verified??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 4:11am On Sep 15, 2016
platypelloid:

Thank you sir.
I have emailed them
They seem not reject it.they say its incomplete.
I have the certification of identify done by my school,can a lawyer do my Intl passport notarization? Or I have to go back to my school?
Do you know any lawyer who is a notary public?
Thank you.

Bro, just talk to your school to stamp and affirm your copy of international passport, you dont need stressing yourself.
Thats what i did, my school registrar stamped all documents and did the certification identity.
They were all accepted by MCC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Johnbelovd: 6:25am On Sep 15, 2016
Hello guys,
Please can the experts on this thread create a thread on Travelling to Canada through FAMILY SPONSORSHIP?
I will love to get more information on it and connect with other folks who are using the same method
Thanks looking forward to it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olarich11: 7:22am On Sep 15, 2016
Please where can I get IELTs pass questions exams for praticing apart from the few samples gotton onlines?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by imii(f): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2016
Hey guys..I love this thread..I have a little problem finding my noc. i studied microbiology. And i have five years post graduate experience.
1 year at an environmental protection agency as an environmental inspector.
1 year' as a biology teacher.
2 years in a dairy company(FCMG) as a retail Merchandiser.(modern trade department )
1 year in marketing in the same company as i got promoted to marketing department as a nutrition delegate/area medical representative
My experience is kind of unrelated except the last two in the same company.I can go for pharmaceutical rep cos i cant find my present job title but having just one year reduces my chances.any ideas what NOC code might favour me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 7:45am On Sep 15, 2016
Hello my people,
Please was the expiration date of my work reference letter 6month or one year?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OFFICIALAEL: 8:57am On Sep 15, 2016
Good day house. Please how do I go about POF, if my personal account is not up to the required $12,162 but a family memeber is ready to assist with his fixed deposit account.
Should he transfer the Naira equivalent to my account or notify CIC that he is a sponsor?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2016
imii:
Hey guys..I love this thread..I have a little problem finding my noc. i studied microbiology. And i have five years post graduate experience.
1 year at an environmental protection agency as an environmental inspector.
1 year' as a biology teacher.
2 years in a dairy company(FCMG) as a retail Merchandiser.(modern trade department )
1 year in marketing in the same company as i got promoted to marketing department as a nutrition delegate/area medical representative
My experience is kind of unrelated except the last two in the same company.I can go for pharmaceutical rep cos i cant find my present job title but having just one year reduces my chances.any ideas what NOC code might favour me?

I think your two year retail merchandiser might likely be in consonance with your 1year marketing, which should totally make 3years provided they are related. If that's the case, check NOC 6221 and 0621. You may be able to get help further if we can see your job description and details both for the marketing and the retail but, try and check the ones I suggested first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2016
Nickoko:
@Gymme. Are you saying part-time job before qualification counts or part-time job after qualification? Are you saying if somebody graduated last year from a part-time program in nigeria university though he has been working for the past 6years whilst schooling, he will he get 6years or 1 year working experience for canada express entry?To the best of my knowledge cic only consider post qualification working experience wheather part-time or full time.

On point and absolutely correct.keep it up
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2016
This is not correct. Part time work while studying part time outside Canada will count.
However, when you are on student visa in Canada, part time work will not count for those that are applying under Canadian Experience Class. Also, experience gained during school internship, which is part of your educational programme will also not count. JesusDway posted a link earlier. I have decided to post below links to support my statements.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=393&top=29

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

hartson:
On point and absolutely correct.keep it up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nickoko: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
i think we should get the statement right to enable us give accurate answers, the subject is "working experience whilst undertaking a qualification". for instead when a person studied in a part time B.sc or M.sc program along time holding his/her full time employment in nigeria at the same time. Your work experience will only counts from "POST QUALIFICATION", You can not graduate 2years age and you are telling them you have 10years working experience.

After post Qualification your working experience will be considered wheather part time or full time job, all you need to do is to tailor your reference letter to fit into the expected working hours for part-time.

Please, we should collectively look at this issues together Pre -qualification, Post Qualification and In-qualification working experience to enable nairalandian fill their profile correctly as miss-representation could cause rejection or bogus statement.

Thanks.

dupyshoo:
This is not correct. Part time work while studying part time outside Canada will count.
However, when you are on student visa in Canada, part time work will not count for those that are applying under Canadian Experience Class. Also, experience gained during school internship, which is part of your educational programme will also not count. JesusDway posted a link earlier. I have decided to post below links to support my statements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
dupyshoo:
This is not correct. Part time work while studying part time outside Canada will count.Sorry Pardon me,you are right

I thought the person asked if W.E gained while on full time study counts. i.e W.E acquired thro the hard way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
To answer your question, I will start with this question: do work experiences have to match academic qualifications? I think the answer is NO as I am yet to see any rule on CIC website that says your primary NOC must match your academic qualifications. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Therefore, is it possible for me to be working part time under a particular, say as Head Customer Service, while studying for my MSc. in Engineering part time in Uni? Very possible. If I had worked as Head Customer Service for 6 years which I can translate to 3 years as full time job, can I claim 3 year full time work experience? I think so. Can I claim MSc. as my academic qualification? I think so too.

Even if the job and the course are under the same NOC, I don't think it should be a problem. As in most developed countries, university studies are sometimes afterthought. A lot of people would have reached almost the peak of their careers before deciding to go and study. There are apprenticeship schemes which allow people to learn on the job without any serious qualifications. You will even see someone that never stepped the walls of any universities interviewing a PhD holder cos of his no of years of experience. If such person decides to get BSc. after then, does that mean his years of experience will not count? I don't think so

On the other hand, if the work is full time and studying is part time, I don't see why that should be an issue at all. You should be able to claim points for both job experience and education

Nickoko:
i think we should get the statement right to enable us give accurate answers, the subject is "working experience whilst undertaking a qualification". for instead when a person studied in a part time B.sc or M.sc program along time holding his/her full time employment in nigeria at the same time. Your work experience will only counts from "POST QUALIFICATION", You can not graduate 2years age and you are telling them you have 10years working experience.

After post Qualification your working experience will be considered wheather part time or full time job, all you need to do is to tailor your reference letter to fit into the expected working hours for part-time.

Please, we should collectively look at this issues together Pre -qualification, Post Qualification and In-qualification working experience to enable nairalandian fill their profile correctly as miss-representation could cause rejection or bogus statement.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.