Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,916 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598946 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
Since it is stated in the remarks, i'm not sure it would be considered an equivalent Canadian degree. You could email WES to inquire if they allow such after evaluation.

mrflo231:
Hi all
I submitted my acca certificate affiliate for Wes review. acca had earlier giving me exemptions as I had usedmy bsc accounting to gain some.wes-They gave me a year of undergraduate and stated in remarks it is not comparable to any completed Canadian degree. Can I still claim 2 or more degree or do I write to Wes to inquire why they would not assess my acca as a four year degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
It is possible to get a PGD admission but Visa from Nigeria is an issue for PDG currently. Also, i guess age factor may be considered in issuing you a Study Visa. So my candid advice would be that you look for a PNP to help boost your chances for PR.

Ladon7:
I am a mother of 3(age 7,5 n3), had B.sc industrial chemistry (second class lower in 2005) and pursued a postgraduate diploma in education in 2011. I av been working in my present job like 5years ago( 5yrs work experience in a research institute), I want to use school route to get a PR, and I was told I cannot get a master in Canada with my 2.2, pls is it advisable I go for a postgraduate diploma in Canada( which university or college is cheap) or can is there any university that takes 2.2 ,make i find alternative cos this game of express entry is getting tighter pls advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
Sorry about that. Not sure of why they did that but I it maybe because you got exemptions and they can see from the number of courses in your transcript. Your Bsc accounting should be sufficient to claim points but you may not be able to claim two or more certificates. You may inquire from WES and get their basis.

Gymme:
Since it is stated in the remarks, i'm not sure it would be considered an equivalent Canadian degree. You could email WES to inquire if they allow such after evaluation.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nam16: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
excuse me to be realistic...1CAD is N301...no bank will transact with N239/N250 that u see on google or online...(official rate)quote author=JesusDWay post=49664168]

Use 250Naira to a CAD[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
Bimpsy99:
Sorry about that. Not sure of why they did that but I it maybe because you got exemptions and they can see from the number of courses in your transcript. Your Bsc accounting should be sufficient to claim points but you may not be able to claim two or more certificates. You may inquire from WES and get their basis.

mrflo231:
Hi all
I submitted my acca certificate affiliate for Wes review. acca had earlier giving me exemptions as I had usedmy bsc accounting to gain some.wes-They gave me a year of undergraduate and stated in remarks it is not comparable to any completed Canadian degree. Can I still claim 2 or more degree or do I write to Wes to inquire why they would not assess my acca as a four year degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 7:24am On Sep 28, 2016
No one is answering me.does it mean no one has ever gotten nova scotia provincial nomination.
pls help!
Ow long does it take.after contacting u ur application is complete.
Please any info is good
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Empire14: 7:38am On Sep 28, 2016
Pls I need someone to assist on how to get a job seeker validation code because I didn't get any msg of such from cic after creating our profile for EE under federal skill worker. I am relying on u guys here so I can round up the application @ the gurus in the house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
Login to your myCIC account, you will see the check status and messages tab, click on it. You should see a table that has this statement "Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank - ". Click on the blue greater than sign ">" beside the statement, you should get an option to click on new message received from IRCC. The PDF containing your Job Bank code will be downloaded once you click on the message.

If this is missing after 24 hours of creating your profile, you might have to recreate your profile.

Empire14:
Pls I need someone to assist on how to get a job seeker validation code because I didn't get any msg of such from cic after creating our profile for EE under federal skill worker. I am relying on u guys here so I can round up the application @ the gurus in the house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hiyah,

Use this tool to calculate your CRS score. However, from the information you have provided, you will likely need provincial nomination.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thanks a lot Dupyshoo.

Please I will equally need more advice from you and other good people in the house based on the following info below:
Can I proceed to make my application to CIC considering the fact that my wife have some issues with her international passport that requires sorting out and she is yet to register for the IELTS.

I am the principal applicant and will not want any form of delays in our application.

Please advice me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hiyah,

You can create your profile if, as the principal applicant, you have written your IELTS and evaluated your academic qualifications. The truth is that without your wife's IELTS, your CRS score will be low to get ITA. However, as you will need Express Entry profile number for some PNP applications, then, I don't see any harm in creating an EE profile.

You won't need your wife's International Passport until you are required to submit your application to IRCC or for PNP application. I will however advise you get it sorted out ASAP.

mexxyaaron:

Thanks a lot Dupyshoo.

Please I will equally need more advice from you and other good people in the house based on the following info below:
Can I proceed to make my application to CIC considering the fact that my wife have some issues with her international passport that requires sorting out and she is yet to register for the IELTS.

I am the principal applicant and will not want any form of delays in our application.

Please advice me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hiyah,

You can create your profile if, as the principal applicant, you have written your IELTS and evaluated your academic qualifications. The truth is that without your wife's IELTS, your CRS score will be low to get ITA. However, as you will need Express Entry profile number for some PNP applications, then, I don't see any harm in creating an EE profile.

You won't need your wife's International Passport until you are required to submit your application to IRCC or for PNP application. I will however advise you get it sorted out ASAP.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Her passport has expired ,which means she can't take the IELTS .
She needs to have a change in name reflected in her new passport (the expired passport bears her maiden name).I learnt this takes quite some time to effect.
The is a newpaper publication on change of name though( done about 3 yrs ago)
My fear lies on how long it will take to hav the passport ready.She is due to visit the passport office tomorrow.
Please what's your take on based on these said.

Once again,thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
byskoye:
No one is answering me.does it mean no one has ever gotten nova scotia provincial nomination.
pls help!
Ow long does it take.after contacting u ur application is complete.
Please any info is good
I know someone who submitted his Nova Scotia paper application in Dec 2014 and got PR..March 2016...timeline for milestones in btw, I don't know. Share your own timelines so people can gain from it since it seems there isn't much info abt it here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
I don't know how long it takes to get a new passport with a different name.

Has she changed her name on all other documents? If no, then she can just renew her passport with her maiden name (that's if you don't mind)
mexxyaaron:

She needs to have a change in name reflected in her new passport (the expired passport bears her maiden name).I learnt this takes quite some time to effect.
My fear lies on how long it will take to hav the passport ready.She is due to visit the passport office tomorrow.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi. you are supposed to do a source verification of your medical degree and not your medical transcript.

What the MCC stated was that an ECA can be issued for an applicant whose medical school transcript (states clearly that a medical degree has been awarded) has been successfully source verified but whose medical degree is still under the process of verification.
This means that if you have already completed a source verification request and gotten a successful verification for your transcript before now and you subsequently apply for a SVR for your medical degree, then if you apply for an ECA it can be issued while your degree SVR is on-going.

That being said, why is your degree not ready? Did you just graduate? You can call the MCC and find out if they can process a SVR for a statement of result.
platypelloid:
Hello house
I sent my medical degree transcript to MCC
It was rejected, requesting for medical degree diploma which is not yet ready from my school.
From their website,final medical transcript is accepted which my school sent to them via dhl and I was notified its receipt.of which they rejected.

Pls house what can I do?

Urgent advice needed please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
dupyshoo:
I don't know how long it takes to get a new passport with a different name.

Has she changed her name on all other documents? If no, then she can just renew her passport with her maiden name (that's if you don't mind)

Thanks.
You seem to have vast knowledge about this stuff.please where are you located?
If you happen to be in Lagos,is there a way we could see to tap in physically from your vast experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks@ adiahabasi.
NSPN paper app oct2015
acknowledged jun 2016
mail on app completeness sep 2016

nothing yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hiyah,

Nope, I live in the UK. I however don't think location is a barrier as you can always any questions you have.

mexxyaaron:

Thanks.
If you happen to be in Lagos,is there a way we could see to tap in physically from your vast experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
mexxyaaron:

Thanks.
Lol. So you have to see her physically before you can tap? Anyways she has already gotten PR,she's just being an angel by still coming here to answer our questions...most of us won't be seen on this thread once we've ported.Thanks Dupyshoo, God bless you kiss

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks dear. Love you plenty plenty.

Adiahabasi:
Lol. So you have to see her physically before you can tap? Anyways she has already gotten PR,she's just being an angel by still coming here to answer our questions...most of us won't be seen on this thread once we've ported.Thanks Dupyshoo, God bless you kiss

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chifylo: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
[quote author=platypelloid post=49242286]Hello house
I sent my medical degree transcript to MCC
It was rejected, requesting for medical degree diploma which is not yet ready from my school.
From their website,final medical transcript is accepted which my school sent to them via dhl and I was notified its receipt.of which they rejected.

Pls house what can I do?

Urgent advice needed please

I made the same mistake of sending a transcript instead, but fortunately for me, they never even got it cheesy

I called and asked them to exchange the payment made for my transcript for my MBBS certificate, which I mailed to them along with a separate release form.

call them and request that your MBBS certificate takes the place of the transcript (assuming you have MBBS certificate anyway).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chifylo: 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
platypelloid:
Thank you Chief
I have done all these.
Yet they rejected the transcript my school sent to them.
I don't know what they want ooooo
As my final certificate is not yet ready!!
What must I do now?
All the cover sheets went along
My certified identify confirmation signed by provost
I also paid all my due.
Including account opening fee and SVR documentation fee.
Kindly comment pls..

Contrary to a comment I just read regarding your case, your transcript can ONLY be sent out to an institution by your school directly because it's a highly confidential document. You sending it by yourself (except it's enclosed in a sealed and school-stamped envelope) reduces its authenticity.

I think what they want from you is to primary source verify your MBBS certificate and not transcript because transcript is already delivered by the primary source and is for one-time use, but your MBBS certificate that you'll be presenting at different stages in your migration process and employment processes need to be primary source verified.

However, you can call them or mail them through your physiciansapply account to find out what the problem is.

Also I only notarized my international passport data page and not document photocopies and they accepted it. Don't know if that has changed. They'll still source verify those ones, so why the need for notarization?

Goodluck!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OGIYEN: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
For the passport issue, get someone in immigration office (immigration officer)in Abuja to send your wife's details to,he/she will process it,that takes like 2 to 3days,then she will then travel to Abuja for capturing,after capturing it takes a week for the passport to be ready.I hope this will help.
mexxyaaron:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
Adiahabasi:

My dear friend,you've got such dirty mindset oo,I bow for you.
All the same,I knew you were just trying to be mischievious.
I quite agree with you that she is an angel,assiting people like us who really need to tap into her vast experience in seeing this through.
God bless you dupyushoo and others for all your efforts.(We all go meet for Canada very soon)

Dupyshoo and other experienced friends,how do I know which province to apply to to get their nomination.A province that is in demand of (quantity surveyors/cost estimators/cost engineers) or other construction consultants.
Your responds will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
@arcayo.u mean I don't know when I submitted my app!
Come on .whats' AOR.n u said latest AOR is Sep 1st.pls clarify
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
OGIYEN:
For the passport issue, get someone in immigration office (immigration officer)in Abuja to send your wife's details to,he/she will process it,that takes like 2 to 3days,then she will then travel to Abuja for capturing,after capturing it takes a week for the passport to be ready.I hope this will help.

Thanks a lot friend,I really appreciate you could take out time to attend to me.
The only set back here now is that she can't be able to travel to Abuja now because she just put to bed not long ago and we reside here in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
Dear all, when filling out ur application for express entry, in the work experience section, they said do not enter work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process. What do they mean by this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
They basically mean work not paid for, like volunteer work and 'some' kind of training you did to get licensed/qualified for a profession. It typically relates to those applying under Federal Skilled Trades Program.

GrandCommander:
Dear all, when filling out ur application for express entry, in the work experience section, they said do not enter work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process. What do they mean by this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
OGIYEN:
Application and issuance of change of names on passports have been decentralised. She can do it anywhere in Nigeria, in an immigration office of course.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.