Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604306 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by madammo: 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
Good Afternoon all,
I need help with this. My husband works in a multi-national company that has an office in Canada, we were considering relocation when he applied for a job in Canada, by the grace of God he got the job. successfully went through 5 stages of Skype interview. now I want to know what the process would be
1. What is process like
2. how long would it take
3. has anyone gone through this route before
4. who would be applying for us

thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
The SINP EE Category that just opened has closed in less than 2hours of its opening. Buckle up people!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Egonne1:
Hello people, please for the open Sinp , under work experience, there is a part saying in 5 years prior and in 6-10 years prior to the application. For someone with only three years experience, can one claim points in the two sections? I would appreciate if someone can assist explain that field/ section. Thanks

You cant, you only claim points in the section your 3years work experience falls to. 2points each for each year if its recent 5years, 1point each for each year if its previous 5years
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
Finally.

Modified - I did not see a 44th draw on the cic site though. Dude may have been pulling our legs
Gymme:
Finally, ITAs' out!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
vcole:
Finally.

Modified - I did not see a 44th draw on the cic site though. Dude may have been pulling our legs

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

After opening that link, Click on Ministerial Instruction respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry System
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
It's real oh. Kept refreshing the "rounds of invitation" section which is still showing Sept 21st. Thanks.
1,518 ITAs at 484 though. Means a lotta peeps have upgraded crs points.
JesusDWay:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

After opening that link, Click on Ministerial Instruction respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry System

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
JesusDWay:
The SINP EE Category that just opened has closed in less than 2hours of its opening. Buckle up people!

Phew! I am just reading this.

Please, what occupations were considered this time?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
40manlappy:

Phew! I am just reading this.

Please, what occupations were considered this time?

Same ones from May this year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9ja4live: 9:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello house
My wife and I just started our voyage to move over. I took the itels exam
Listening 5.0
Reading 6.5
Speaking 8.5
Writing 7.5

The total is 7.0

Is this good enough. Please what's your honest advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Egonne1(f): 12:48am On Oct 13, 2016
Thanks. I appreciate.
JesusDWay:

You cant, you only claim points in the section your 3years work experience falls to. 2points each for each year if its recent 5years, 1point each for each year if its previous 5years
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 9:21am On Oct 13, 2016
9ja4live:
Hello house
My wife and I just started our voyage to move over. I took the itels exam
Listening 5.0
Reading 6.5
Speaking 8.5
Writing 7.5

The total is 7.0

Is this good enough. Please what's your honest advise

To be honest, you might need to do another one. Your speaking n writing are both very good but you need at least 8 in both listening and reading. Meanwhile how in the world did you score 8.5 in speaking, you got a British accent or what??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9ja4live: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2016
Ý
temitope06:

To be honest, you might need to do another one. Your speaking n writing are both very good but you need at least 8 in both listening and reading. Meanwhile how in the world did you score 8.5 in speaking, you got a British accent or what??

Hahahahhahahahahha. 8.5 was a surprise to me. I know it's was fun talking with the examiner that day. I give it to liz on YouTube.
I'll urgently get across to my sponsor in Canada and share this discuss with him.
I also will like to see what my wife's result will look like before I redo the test. Or do you think her point will be added to mine if she scores well. Someone told me so. How true is thus please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mrsfad2014: 10:40am On Oct 13, 2016
Hello Guru's in the house. Pls I need help & wouldn't mind if anyone can give me his/her number to call. I need to talk to someone ASAP. We are planning to apply for this express entry & we both took IELTS. Mine: L: 5.5, R:6.5, W: 7.5 & S: 7.0 while hubby: L: 6, R: 7, W: 7 & S: 7. He has over 18 years working experience in Oil & gas sector. I am in early forties & he is mid 40's. Do we have any chance or we should just forget everything. Or is there anything we can do again to get more points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
First you have to check if you are eligible to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker (You will likely be). Use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

If you are eligible, then you will have to go through provincial nominations as you will not be able to get ITA directly due to your age. Both of you will lose minimum of 50 CRS points due to age.
Getting provincial nominations is another issue as most of the provinces have very stringent conditions you will have to meet to qualify.

Mrsfad2014:
Hello Guru's in the house. Pls I need help & wouldn't mind if anyone can give me his/her number to call. I need to talk to someone ASAP. We are planning to apply for this express entry & we both took IELTS. Mine: L: 5.5, R:6.5, W: 7.5 & S: 7.0 while hubby: L: 6, R: 7, W: 7 & S: 7. He has over 18 years working experience in Oil & gas sector. I am in early forties & he is mid 40's. Do we have any chance or we should just forget everything. Or is there anything we can do again to get more points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
It depends on who is going to be the Principal Applicant. If you are the PA, then your wife IELTS score will only add a maximum of 20 points to your CRS score. In fact, you will need to write another IELTS as you need a minimum score of 6.0 in each of the sections to qualify for express entry. However, if she is going to be the PA, then wait for her IELTS scores to be out.

9ja4live:
Ý

Hahahahhahahahahha. 8.5 was a surprise to me. I know it's was fun talking with the examiner that day. I give it to liz on YouTube.
I'll urgently get across to my sponsor in Canada and share this discuss with him.
I also will like to see what my wife's result will look like before I redo the test. Or do you think her point will be added to mine if she scores well. Someone told me so. How true is thus please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mrsfad2014: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
dupyshoo:
First you have to check if you are eligible to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker (You will likely be). Use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

If you are eligible, then you will have to go through provincial nominations as you will not be able to get ITA directly due to your age. Both of you will lose minimum of 50 CRS points due to age.
Getting provincial nominations is another issue as most of the provinces have very stringent conditions you will have to meet to qualify.

@ Dupsy. Thanks for your response. We are qualified through the assessment. But pls can I have your contact? Like we have a child currently studying in one of the university in Canada. Pls I just need someone to talk too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jetspeed: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
pls i receive ITA yesterday but i intend to decline until Nov. Is that feasible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jetspeed:
pls i receive ITA yesterday but i intend to decline until Nov. Is that feasible

Congrats bro! Why do you want to decline?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
You can send me a PM.
Mrsfad2014:
@ Dupsy. Thanks for your response. We are qualified through the assessment. But pls can I have your contact? Like we have a child currently studying in one of the university in Canada. Pls I just need someone to talk too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mrsfad2014: 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
dupyshoo:
You can send me a PM.
Thanks Dupsy. I understand you are trying to help but I have tried severally sending PM but it's not working. I will hold on till probably someone can help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jetspeed: 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
40manlappy:

Congrats bro! Why do you want to decline?

Thanks bro, my ielts expired few days after i accepted my nomination. I need to decline until my ielts result is released
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jetspeed:

Thanks bro, my ielts expired few days after i accepted my nomination. I need to decline until my ielts result is released
Congrats man. which province nominated you if I may humbly ask?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jetspeed: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
freeradical:

Congrats man. which province nominated you if I may humbly ask?

SASKATCHEWAN

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jetspeed:

SASKATCHEWAN

A Big Congrats JETSPEED. Meeen i need to get some information from you and tap from ur blessings.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 2:49am On Oct 14, 2016
Quick questions here please:

1) If one can't get a Reference Letter from an old employer, can one remove the employment history from the EE profile after getting an ITA for PR?
To explain better, i got an ITA under PNP while the old employer in question relates to getting an ITA under FSW. So will removing the employer have an effect?

2) Also, what do you do if an old employer is no more in business (company folded/bankrupt) with respect to getting a Reference Letter?

Hopefully, i get someone to brainstorm my questions here for the first time. All idea is needed and welcomed please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:06am On Oct 14, 2016
1. Yes, you can remove the employer so far it does not affect your eligibility of 1 year work experience under NOC 0. A or B. I am certain of this as I removed a work experience that did not fetch me extra marks after ITA. I however included the work experience under Personal History/Activities.

2. I am not really sure of this but what I will do if I were in your shoes is to get an evidence that the company is no longer in existence. I will also get payslips, ID card, bank statements, offer letters and any other documents to show that I worked there. Finally, I will write the letter of experience and get a former colleague or supervisor to sign the letter.

Gymme:
Quick questions here please:

1) If one can't get a Reference Letter from an old employer, can one remove the employment history from the EE profile after getting an ITA for PR?
To explain better, i got an ITA under PNP while the old employer in question relates to getting an ITA under FSW. So will removing the employer have an effect?

2) Also, what do you do if an old employer is no more in business (company folded/bankrupt) with respect to getting a Reference Letter?

Hopefully, i get someone to brainstorm my questions here for the first time. All idea is needed and welcomed please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deking(m): 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mrsfad2014:

Why not drop your contact and whoever is willing to help will call you since you are not able to send a private message (PM). many people of weary of dropping their number on this platform because of scammers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
With this new Review of The International Spending Limit from $250 to $100 sent out by banks yesterday, how else can one make payment for WES.

This is so annoying and I need to make the payment ASAP.

See below

Dear Customer,
Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard
We write to inform you of the monthly spending limits currently applicable when using your GTBank Naira MasterCard for International payments via POS and online.

Please see details below:

Channels

Previous Monthly Limit

New Monthly Limit
POS & Online $250 $100
Kindly note that ATM cash withdrawal on your Naira MasterCard is now only available in Nigeria.

For ways we can help you, please contact our Card Services Team at cardservices@gtbank.com or call GTConnect; our 24-hour fully interactive self-service contact centre on (234) 1-448 0000, 0700GTConnect (0700482666328), 080 2900 2900 or 0803900 3900.

Thank you for banking with us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
dupyshoo:
You can send me a PM.

Hello Dupyshoo, I have just sent you a PM invite. I have a couple of questions with regards to SINP application. Pls reply. Tnx.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thanks @dupyshoo. So on point!!!

dupyshoo:
1. Yes, you can remove the employer so far it does not affect your eligibility of 1 year work experience under NOC 0. A or B. I am certain of this as I removed a work experience that did not fetch me extra marks after ITA. I however included the work experience under Personal History/Activities.

2. I am not really sure of this but what I will do if I were in your shoes is to get an evidence that the company is no longer in existence. I will also get payslips, ID card, bank statements, offer letters and any other documents to show that I worked there. Finally, I will write the letter of experience and get a former colleague or supervisor to sign the letter.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Jetspeed:

SASKATCHEWAN

Hello Jetspeed, I have just sent you a PM invite. I need you to help clarify some things about Saskatchewan application please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.