Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598828 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=TWoods post=50231054]

Your likelihood of getting a visa to countries like the UK, USA, Canada is already severely limited.[/quo

I quite appreciate the effort you put in to answer my question, but I am no longer interested in the study visa thing again. My new vision is to enter Canada through FSW program with my OND Certificate.All I did in the previous post was to give a brief history of my journey so far.
I still welcome other contributions as regards my question and anything that could be of help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
primeson1:
I am experiencing same now o. For my OND verification with Kwara Poly, WES said they have sent email and letter but the school said they have not received anything. WES said i can do express courier if i want it to be tracked at $85. That is huge, that's like 66 USdollars - 30,000 Naira ontop courier.

i don't know what to do, can't pay that huge money in this recession o.

tell them to resend email....email then follow up with unilag
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 17, 2016
maternal:

Obviously. Immigration is not black and white. She said and I quote, "people who apply as a student at 30 years and up usually have a 99 percent rejection rate by immigration". Regardless of whether its a diploma or degree program. Obviously theirs always an exception to the rule. They'll give a person admission, but immigration issues the visa. My cousin is 27 and is currently trying to get in another route. He appealed a decision and should be going for his 2nd interview soon. If he gets rejected again we'll be trying the school route. I'm just gathering all the info and filling out the paperwork so we can move to this route if he gets denied again.

Both the recruiter and lawyer said we should move quickly before he turns 30. I have a good job, I own my house where he'd be staying while in school, he'll be able to use my car and I'll be paying his school fees. I have more than enough money (liquid cash) they require and a huge line of credit from the bank just in case I run out of cash. Furthermore i'm a CAnadian citizen. Yet with all that he said immigration would most likely reject him. So what do you think the luck would be for someone who's 30 and up in naija and wants to come here for school without the support my cousin has ?

Lastly she said they're aware of the recession and how desperate people are trying to leave. That at 30 plus they question if person X is really trying to leave just for school. These embassies are not stupid my people.
There are no immigration rule(s) that gives entry clearance officers the authority not to grant student visa to people of over 30 years old. Canada does not discriminate based on age, gender or culture.

A friend of mine got his younger brother who is over 30 years old here just last month via student visa. He resumed a diploma program at the local college here. Another friend got his brother-in-law into the country last year semptember. He is over 30 years too. The two lads both attend the same college(red river college). In addition to that, there are countless numbers of Nigerians over 30 years of age attending various msc and phd programs in universities all over canada.

Having lots of money in the bank or access to credit does not translate to easy visa issuance. Infact, the ECO might see your house(s) or car(s) as a liability if not fully paid off. My wife's colleaugue, a pharm from nigeria just resumed at the university of manitoba. She is over 30. She got scholarship offered by uni of manitoba just enough to pay her school fees and keep her alive every month. She had less than a million in her account in Nigeria when she applied, yet she was granted a study permit.

"It is left for your cousin to prove to the ECO beyond reasonable doubt that he or she is a genuine student".

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 2:03am On Oct 17, 2016
shinarambo1:

There are no immigration rule(s) that gives entry clearance officers the authority not to grant student visa to people of over 30 years old. Canada does not discriminate based on age, gender or culture.

A friend of mine got his younger brother who is over 30 years old here just last month via student visa. He resumed a diploma program at the local college here. Another friend got his brother-in-law into the country last year semptember. He is over 30 years too. The two lads both attend the same college(red river college). In addition to that, there are countless numbers of Nigerians over 30 years of age attending various msc and phd programs in universities all over canada.

Having lots of money in the bank or access to credit does not translate to easy visa issuance. Infact, the ECO might see your house(s) or car(s) as a liability if not fully paid off. My wife's colleaugue, a pharm from nigeria just resumed at the university of manitoba. She is over 30. She got scholarship offered by uni of manitoba just enough to pay her school fees and keep her alive every month. She had less than a million in her account in Nigeria when she applied, yet she was granted a study permit.

"It is left for your cousin to prove to the ECO beyond reasonable doubt that he or she is a genuine student".

This is the government of Canada not the government of the world. Their goal is to build and maintain a 1st world country and that requires allowing people into the country that'll help it grow, specifically economically. Yes Canada does not discriminate against age, gender and culture on paper, but they still do. When applying with the federal government here they ask for your race. They're trying to recruit more minorities into the federal government because they're under-represented and usually get discriminated against. Police tend to arrest and charge more minorities than white, even though whites make up more of the population. My friend though illegal, discrimination does happen in Canada and the fed gov't has admitted that.

But like I said immigration issues is not black and white and everyone's case is different/unique. The recruiter and agent at the college both said your chances drastically reduce once you're 30 and up. While you have listed a few which beat the odds, do you know how many student visa's get refused based on that ? Furthermore, if the country is lacking a certain profession or if your phd is on something potential revolutionary, I'm sure they'd grant a visa. Again everyone's situation is different and unique. I'm going by my current experience and what the advisers, agent and lawyers have been telling me.

Lastly, how many peoples houses are paid off in the west ? Would I be less of a liability if I was renting a house while being on welfare ? I own my house, car is paid off, and I work in the oilfields in Alberta making losts of money. And the amount they require I have and more in my account cash. That's my money no loans. I have spent thousands of dollars on lawyer fees. He is a legit student and wants to continue his studies here and eventually stay. He has done 2 years of Uni in naija and has all the documents to prove it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 2:05am On Oct 17, 2016
nkechima:

Thanks for your input but you did not answer my question. Please, go through my writeup again it says FSW program and not student visa. The question says "when do work experience start to count" before or after studies? i. e can one claim points on the experience one had before the completion of her course.

My cousin said they counted his after his studies. But again I'm not the right person to ask.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Please who paid for something online in Canadian Dollars. I want to know what rate naija banks are charging or Canadian Dollars

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ennyo: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
Heloo everyone my wes evaluation has been on EVALUATION IN PROGRESS FOR THE PAST ONE MONTH. PLS WHAT STAGE OF THE EVALUATION IS THAT
i STARTED THE EVALUATION ON THE 16TH OF AUGUST 2016.

KINDLY ADIVCE...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mrsfad2014: 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
deking:

Thanks. My contact 08062795587. Pls help
Why not drop your contact and whoever is willing to help will call you since you are not able to send a private message (PM). many people of weary of dropping their number on this platform because of scammers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
Bumdesh:
Please who paid for something online in Canadian Dollars. I want to know what rate naija banks are charging or Canadian Dollars

Thanks
check abokifx for daily bank rates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thanks, I have asked them to resend the email o. It's actually not unilag.

I will have to pay the 85 cad

Fusion23:

tell them to resend email....email then follow up with unilag

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
Good Evening House,

For those resident in Port-harcourt or have experience with this question , any idea where I can do my Police report/certificate please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello shinarambo1, thanks for your contribution. I also have intentions to migrate to Manitoba and I'm sure your contributions will be very helpful. I have completed my ITA under MPNP SW. however, my status in still on document received for a while now and it has not changed. My supporter confirmed that he was contacted two weeks ago. Please do you have an idea of how long it takes from when MPNP application submitted and the eventual nomination out.
shinarambo1:

There are no immigration rule(s) that gives entry clearance officers the authority not to grant student have visa to people of over 30 years old. Canada does not discriminate based on age, gender or culture.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
richieadeolu:
Hello shinarambo1, thanks for your contribution. I also have intentions to migrate to Manitoba and I'm sure your contributions will be very helpful. I have completed my ITA under MPNP SW. however, my status in still on document received for a while now and it has not changed. My supporter confirmed that he was contacted two weeks ago. Please do you have an idea of how long it takes from when MPNP application submitted and the eventual nomination out.
I have no idea about pnp. I came here through the old fsw program.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
maternal:

My cousin said they counted his after his studies. But again I'm not the right person to ask.

Thank you for your input.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omonjoe(m): 1:39am On Oct 18, 2016
Just a quick question

Is ones years of experience caculated after studies?
I started working in my field in 2011 and in 2013 I enrolled for my masters while still working.

I resigned from the work December 2015 after working for four years and three months to go for a program outside Nigeria; still in the program though.

My question is will my 4 experience still count despite not working now and doing a masters in between?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 6:11am On Oct 18, 2016
Thank anyway, just hoping that the PNP will be faster because it's modelled to mimic express entry.
shinarambo1:

I have no idea about pnp. I came here through the old fsw program.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by BeingGabriel: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2016
Abokifx puts it at N341/CAD.

Adiahabasi:
check abokifx for daily bank rates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2016
elothaddi:
Good Evening House,

For those resident in Port-harcourt or have experience with this question , any idea where I can do my Police report/certificate please.
hi go to CID at moscow road.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2016
[quote author=hartson post=50297937]hi go to CID at moscow road.[/quote

THANKS HARTSON
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Demiyike: 11:56am On Oct 18, 2016
If your a FSW 2014 still awaiting updates from AVO pls can you quote me a so I can send you somethings we are working on. Sorry for not not been able to put the message on the general thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Demiyike:
If your a FSW 2014 still awaiting updates from AVO pls can you quote me a so I can send you somethings we are working on. Sorry for not not been able to put the message on the general thread

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
It starts counting after studies if the work NEEDS the educational qualification.

Omonjoe:
Just a quick question

I started working in my field in 2011 and in 2013 I enrolled for my masters while still working.

I resigned from the work December 2015 after working for four years and three months to go for a program outside Nigeria; still in the program though.

My question is will my 4 experience still count despite not working now and doing a masters in between?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
@maternal and @shinarambo1 just to chip in.
The issue of discrimination is not exactly new. It happens everywhere in the world in varying degrees. While you fill race, in Nigeria, you fill state of origin. So potatoe potato.
It may be true that the chances of a 30 year old applying to study towards a first degree might reduce chances of an easy student visa grant to any country. However, I do not think that that factor in isolation is the basis on which any responsible visa officer would be able to refuse a student visa applicant.
A 30 year old with significant post secondary study and/or work experience definitely will not fall into this category. So, for instance, someone who studied nursing or an OND and then worked for years after and then now wants to go study towards a bachelors most certainly stands a better chance than one who only holds a high school diploma with little or no work experience.
Also, when it comes to financial support for studies, it's pretty common knowledge that most embassies prefer a first degree relative to any other family member or friend.
So, if maternal was sponsoring her 30 year old sibling this would be a much easier visa app.
If also, this cousin has been under your financial sponsorship for years before now and there is significant paper trail to prove that, then this app would also be easier.

In a nutshell, reasons for visa refusals are usually multi factorial. While there are cases of seemingly flimsy refusals, I do believe that they represent the minority and are not the norm as I also like @shinarambo1 know of several persons in their 30s who have successful gotten student visas to Canada over the past one year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omonjoe(m): 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
So My experience will start counting after my masters degree

Gymme:
It starts counting after studies if the work NEEDS the educational qualification.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
Your 4 year work experience will count so far it is under NOC 0, A or B
Omonjoe:
Just a quick question

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Finally, my school has found WES letter. It was received since May 25th,2016. Nigerian schools sha, God will help them.

But, WES has already changed my account status to reflect courier fee, since I told them to resend the verification letter via courier. I have written to them since yesterday to change it back to prior status. Waiting now.

Just want to put this WES wahala behind me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deking(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
primeson1:
Finally, my school has found WES letter. It was received since May 25th,2016. Nigerian schools sha, God will help them.

But, WES has already changed my account status to reflect courier fee, since I told them to resend the verification letter via courier. I have written to them since yesterday to change it back to prior status. Waiting now.

Just want to put this WES wahala behind me.

Please state the name of the institution so that future applicants from there can take note and track them so as not to suffer same fate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (OCTOBER 19, 2016)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on October 19, 2016 and ending on October 20, 2016 is 1,804.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on October 19, 2016 at 12:20:50 UTC, have been assigned a total of 475 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by monique2002(f): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
Yeh...finally got my ITA @ 478

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teelurv(f): 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
monique2002:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
WOW!!!!
I just got ITA. I had no idea there was gonna be a draw today. Gosh! this feels so surreal. I only entered the pool last friday. WOW!!!

For other doctors and health professionals, I would try to give details of my process so far and I hope it would help give an idea of timelines if you need it.

So, finally decided to start the process for EE in June, 2016.
Set up my physicians apply account($278) on 18th June and commenced the SVR ($157) for my medical degree.
I sent the necessary copies (all notarized) of documents required by MCC (certified identity confirmation, medical degree, passport bio-data page, consent release form and marriage certificate) via DHL and they acknowledged receipt and uploaded to my account on 29th June.

However, I got a message at this point that the copy of my marriage certificate was cut off on one margin and so my medical degree was given an incomplete status until i sent a full copy to them. I had to send by courier again and I was so not happy about paying that DHL fee twice.

My medical degree was changed to an accepted status after they received and approved the new copy of my marriage certificate on July 21st. They sent it to ECFMG same day and ECFMG sent the verification request to my school on July 22nd.

My school received the request by September 8th (about 7 weeks after it was sent via regular post) and I paid for the reply to be sent via courier on September 14th. It was delivered to ECFMG on September 21st.
ECFMG returned my verification: passed to MCC on Oct 7th. (it took about 11 working days as opposed to 20 as advised on their site).
I paid for my ECA ($102) same day and courier fee to Nigeria ($140).
I received an email on Oct 14th from MCC notifying me that my ECA was ready. (it was issued on OCt 11th. so it took 3 working days as opposed to 21 working days as advised on the site). I received my ECA via courier today.

I created my EE profile on Oct 14th with CRS of 482 (claiming 10 points for my spouse's degree and 18 points for his IELTS).

ITA received today. Now, time to prep all documents.

Congrats to everyone who received an ITA with this recent draw and all the best to everyone still awaiting an invite, it will surely happen soon.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
Congrats brother/sister, I'm happy for you.
monique2002:

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.