Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598799 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OgeChukwuO: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Thank you
temitope06:

Ur hubby will be more qualified since he has a masters degree and provided he has 3+ years work experience. You both should aim high for the IELTS though. People have diff stories abt the assessment boards, I used WES n didn't have any problem with them, only with my school. As soon as school resolved it, they did my report asap. Some ppl will not agree, and I'm sure some ppl have had problems with IQAS as well. Check them both out n just pick one. Start with one and by the time you register and take the IELTS, they might be done with your report..I'm no guru in this but hope this helps abit. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by knigh04(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hello House,

Please i need a clarification and a way forward from you all. My wife had her Masters degree verified by WES last week and she tried the Comprehensive Ranking System calculator where she got (421) point. She filled the EE profile and was awarded 347 point. using the same information. Please house what should we do? CLB (7); 8speaking; 6.5 in reading and writing; 6 in listening. Age 32; Masters degree and 5 years experience as head of HR.

Please we need help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dannietee(m): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Check over again the EE application .There is usually very little or no difference in the scores .

knigh04:

Hello House,

Please i need a clarification and a way forward from you all. My wife had her Masters degree verified by WES last week and she tried the Comprehensive Ranking System calculator where she got (421) point. She filled the EE profile and was awarded 347 point. using the same information. Please house what should we do? CLB (7); 8speaking; 6.5 in reading and writing; 6 in listening. Age 32; Masters degree and 5 years experience as head of HR.

Please we need help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good day house,
i had my undergraduate degree in ui and masters degree in ife pls ow do i go abt evaluating it since they are different schools and is it okay for me to start the evaluation process when i am yet to do my IESTL test? pls assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
JesusDWay:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

After opening that link, Click on Ministerial Instruction respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry System

Thank you I have seen a lot of your reply on different threads.
I have my ECA and IELTS for me and wife completed but by POF is not complete yet can i still go ahead to open Express Entry profile while I complete my POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deking(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
knigh04:

Hello House,

Please we need help?

With the IELTS score above she cannot score 421. She would have missed out on some bonus points as the IELTS results is low. But as suggested above you can run through the EE application again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by knigh04(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
Thanks for your responses @deking and dannietee; as suggested by @deking; maybe she missed out on bonus points... Please am humble and grateful if anyone can take us through this process.

Gracious!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
mzjennypher:
Good day house,
i had my undergraduate degree in ui and masters degree in ife pls ow do i go abt evaluating it since they are different schools and is it okay for me to start the evaluation process when i am yet to do my IESTL test? pls assist

pls help house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
mzjennypher:
Good day house,
Google WES canada, got to where it says CIC or so,register and make ur payment or choose western union and pay later. U'll get a reference no. Send copies of both certificates to WES( or u scan to someone in Canada to post for u, its faster). Then apply for transcript from both schools to be sent directly to WES..quote ur reference no in the WES address you send to both schools. Read my previous posts to see Hw to go abt getting transcripts from OAU.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
knigh04:

Thanks for your responses @deking and dannietee; as suggested by @deking; maybe she missed out on bonus points... Please am humble and grateful if anyone can take us through this process.

Gracious!
Go through page 0 of this thread. You'll learn a lot.
That said, to have up to 450, she'll need to rewrite her ielts and ace it. 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 in L,R,S& W respectively. Then if u intend going with her,its advisable u do your ECA and ace ielts as well. If u don't, you'll be reducing her score by 30.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JERRYMAG4(m): 4:00am On Nov 19, 2016
Hi guys,Pls I need ur guidance. I have a family friend who's like a family member in Canada. Can I use her for my family sponsor in the Canadian express entry? I know that the 3rd option in the express entry is family sponsor. Does she qualify?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JERRYMAG4(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hi guys,Pls I need ur guidance. I have a family friend who's like a family member in Canada. Can I use her for my family sponsor in the Canadian express entry? I know that the 3rd option in the express entry is family sponsor. Does she qualify?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Dear All,
Pls can we have more information on the use the of investment letter for term deposit. I will appreciate if the guru's in the house can comment on the acceptability of investment letter or any other member that used investment letter.
N-B investment letter can also reffered to as fixed deposit investment certificate.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
richieadeolu:
Dear All,
Pls can we have more information on the use the of investment letter for term deposit. I will appreciate if the guru's in the house can comment on the acceptability of investment letter or any other member that used investment letter.
N-B investment letter can also reffered to as fixed deposit investment certificate.
Thank you

Investment letter/fixed deposit letter/investment contract letter are all same and can be acceptable as POF. I believe IRCC has a way of confirm from the Banks they are being issued from.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hello everyone in this forum may God continue to bless you all for your great humanitarian work and keeping this forum alive may God bless our hustle

I want to assess my B.A degree please which assessing body is better, faster and with less stress, has anyone done WES assessment from ABSU, i want to know how their confirmation is being sent if it is phone call, email or post
and also how long does the evaluation take after school confirmation your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ANYANTI: 12:01am On Nov 20, 2016
good evening house..so nice to join this wonderful forum...i have a question regarding POF,can i used my fixed deposit together with my savings account to show as POF...because the money i fixed is not enough now cuz of the dollar rating...thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 5:18am On Nov 20, 2016
ANYANTI:
good evening house..so nice to join this wonderful forum...i have a question regarding POF,can i used my fixed deposit together with my savings account to show as POF...because the money i fixed is not enough now cuz of the dollar rating...thanks

Yes you can!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by topmycin: 6:33am On Nov 20, 2016
Morning all..Pls can anybody who submitted e-APR recently kindly put me through the specification fr d digital photo as I'm confused...any help will be very much appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2016
5H4D3:
I m new here please...my husband is a doctor and i m a web developer. We are considering of relocating at this point as nothing is working well with this system. We have a baby less than one year. I have an uncle who has been a permanent resident in canada for over 10 years. He s living with his family in Ontario. Please, who should be the primary applicant? How do we get started? Any idea please? Any doctor or web developer in the house who has already migrated? Kindly help please. Thank you. NOTE: I have more than 4 years of work experience while he has 3 years plus.

Doctor & Web developer, hmm I Love your combinasion!! (in jenifas voice) grin smiley grin lol
Don't mind me, I have common interests in both Medicine and Web design.......that's why I said so!

Anyways I think both of you stand a chance, The both of you should evaluate your degrees, write ielts and be ready to make separate profiles and both state your married. It might just be you who will get a quick chance by way of Provincial Nomination. I have found web developers (foreigners) who migrate via PR but was on the canadavisa forum.

Note: as a web developer, you need to be ready to show proof of employment as regards 3years experience. I know it is very likely you are working freelance (on your own), for that I don't know how you will show proof, maybe other members here will help suggest.

For Doctor, the method of degree evaluation is not WES, its by the Medical council of Canada and it requires some time and money, so the sooner he starts it, the better.
check this nairalander's page (@vcole), you will see a page where she explained the steps, amount involved and process from beginning to end.
Lastly. you should provide your ages and your level of education (BSc or masters) so we can project the most likely principal applicant but generally I think your field is sought in Canada so making two profiles for you and husband wont be a bad idea.
@vcole @Jesusdway @iphie25 @dupsyshoo what yall think?

Shallom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dogice(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
mzjennypher:

pls help house

You have to do IELTS or CELPIP first. Also, you need to evaluate both your Masters and Bachelors degree with WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dogice(m): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
JERRYMAG4:

Unfortunately, you can't use your family friend for Family Class Stream.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Seunfunmi14: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2016
Good morning Seniors, I am at the verge of applying for my ECA and I will appreciate it if you can help respond to theses queries;

1. Do I go for IQAS OR WES? Which of the two bodies is more effective and less drama?

2. Do I have to evaluate both degrees ( My first degree is from unilorin while the second degree is from UI) or the masters degree alone.

3. At the point of posting the documents, can I post the print outs and the official transcript all together in one parcel or they have to be sent separately.

Thanks you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 7:34am On Nov 21, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Google WES canada, got to where it says CIC or so,register and make ur payment or choose western union and pay later. U'll get a reference no. Send copies of both certificates to WES( or u scan to someone in Canada to post for u, its faster). Then apply for transcript from both schools to be sent directly to WES..quote ur reference no in the WES address you send to both schools. Read my previous posts to see Hw to go abt getting transcripts from OAU.

thank you @Adiahabasi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 21, 2016
Hello House,

please help, I am a bit confused about this new CRS calculator.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

I was checking it out to see if my scores has changed and something struck me. I ticked that my IELTS was less than 2yrs and I was told that I wasn't eligible to apply.

When I clicked "No", I was able to go on. In reality, my IELTS is less than 2yrs(YES OPTION), so what exactly do they mean that I am INELIGIBLE?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2016
It is obviously a mistake as they just made some changes to the CRS calculator.

blueQueen:
Hello House,

please help, I am a bit confused about this new CRS calculator.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

I was checking it out to see if my scores has changed and something struck me. I ticked that my IELTS was less than 2yrs and I was told that I wasn't eligible to apply.

When I clicked "No", I was able to go on. In reality, my IELTS is less than 2yrs(YES OPTION), so what exactly do they mean that I am INELIGIBLE?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:16am On Nov 21, 2016
There is no how she would have got 421 with that IELTS score. She needs to rewrite her IELTS or go through PNP.

knigh04:

Hello House,

Please we need help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2016
1. IQAS seem to be faster and cheaper

2. Nope, your Masters alone will suffice

3. Your transcripts has to be sent directly from school. However, If you can liaise with your school to include your certificate before the envelope is sealed, then it might be alright.
Alternatively, if you re thinking of cutting costs, you can send a copy of your certificate via email to someone in Canada to help you post it to the body evaluating your certificate. it will be cheaper and faster.

Seunfunmi14:
Good morning Seniors, I am at the verge of applying for my ECA and I will appreciate it if you can help respond to theses queries;

1. Do I go for IQAS OR WES? Which of the two bodies is more effective and less drama?

2. Do I have to evaluate both degrees ( My first degree is from unilorin while the second degree is from UI) or the masters degree alone.

3. At the point of posting the documents, can I post the print outs and the official transcript all together in one parcel or they have to be sent separately.

Thanks you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2016
Hey dupyshoo...

Trust you're doing great.

Need your thoughts on this please... My wife and I currently have a score of 464 at the moment as couples, but I realized if I chose the option of not going with her, she goes up to 470 which is kinda like a guaranteed ITA. With that, she can go with the kids.

Do you have an idea of how easy it is to process PR for a spouse after she's gotten her card?

This consideration is only coming up if the ITA scores don't come down in the next few weeks though... We get to lose another 5 points by the end of January too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Seunfunmi14: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2016
Thanks so much Sis, I do appreciate.

dupyshoo:

1. IQAS seem to be faster and cheaper

2. Nope, your Masters alone will suffice

3. Your transcripts has to be sent directly from school. However, If you can liaise with your school to include your certificate before the envelope is sealed, then it might be alright.
Alternatively, if you re thinking of cutting costs, you can send a copy of your certificate via email to someone in Canada to help you post it to the body evaluating your certificate. it will be cheaper and faster.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:28am On Nov 21, 2016
A score of 464 is not bad at all and scores might still drop further. Few months back, a score of 470 was doubtful as well.

How did you come up with score of 464? Have your maximized your IELTS scores? Think of other ways of increasing your scores if you don't get ITA before end of January.

If I were in your shoes, I will advise that you remain patient and wait so that both of you can go together. Why? Spouse sponsorship PR takes over a year. So, you might not be able to join them until after about 2 years. Also, please remember that life in Canada is totally different from life in Naija. She will struggle alone with the kids with little or no help from anyone. If the kids are still very young (not up to school age), she will likely not be able to apply for jobs or even attend interviews except if you are ready to pay for child care costs, which are usually not cheap. She will likely be overwhelmed with the stress especially if she has house helps and family members around her in Naija.

Please bear in mind that I am not trying to scare you, I am just stating the reality of not having anyone to help with household chores or taking care of your kids.

On the other hand, If the 2 of you go together, you can take turns to care for your kids, do household chores, apply for jobs, do some non professional jobs and attend interviews. it will be easier to cope for both of you.

This is just my opinion.

boldinc:
Hey dupyshoo...

Trust you're doing great.

Need your thoughts on this please... My wife and I currently have a score of 464 at the moment as couples, but I realized if I chose the option of not going with her, she goes up to 470 which is kinda like a guaranteed ITA. With that, she can go with the kids.

Do you have an idea of how easy it is to process PR for a spouse after she's gotten her card?

This consideration is only coming up if the ITA scores don't come down in the next few weeks though... We get to lose another 5 points by the end of January too.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.