Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600379 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by papaking1(m): 6:12am On Nov 13, 2016
Hello House,
I have a situation. I have 2 months to submit my application to CIC but my ielt exam result expires Dec 5th 2016.
I renewed my passport and the passport office is yet to relese my passport citing no booklet to issue a new passport.

Please, can I submit my application with an ielt result that is about to expire?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sensisosu: 6:30am On Nov 13, 2016
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

sensisosu:
Hello House,

I am a Registered Nurse but would like to migrate to Canada through the express entry.. I would like to find out if I will be submitting my application to World Education Services (WES) or National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS). I heard NNAS are the body in charge of evaluating nursing certificates.

I do not wish to make mistake or waste my precious time. So i would appreciate all your contributions.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2016
sensisosu:

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

Go to the Canadian nursing website and read up.Also google "WES Nursing express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:47am On Nov 13, 2016
sensisosu:

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

I think that nurses on this forum would be able to give a better view. However, from what I have garnered thus far, a Nigerian RN gets an assessment of 2 or 3 years hospital training or study by WES. This does not give any points on the crs as it doesn't fall into any of the classification groups under education.
Only Bsc nursing gives the points for bachelors degree.
Going through NNAS is required for starting the process for getting licensed as a nurse. Nnas is not one of the CiC approved organisations for evaluation of your qualification.
Others can give a more informed opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2016
papaking1:
Hello House,
I have a situation. I have 2 months to submit my application to CIC but my ielt exam result expires Dec 5th 2016.
I renewed my passport and the passport office is yet to relese my passport citing no booklet to issue a new passport.

Please, can I submit my application with an ielt result that is about to expire?
You would need to submit your application before your ielts expires. However with the new regulations as regards language test expiry, you may want to consider the option of re writing your ielts in case your case officer requests for an updated language test result. Remember that for ielts, they would no longer be able to access the British council online record once your test expires. Even British council would be unable to access it.
So, if your case officer has not checked and confirmed your result online before then, chances are that you just might be asked to provide another.
As regards your passport, it is true that Nigerian immigration service has not had paper to print passports for about a month now. It's a shame really as they say it's a lack of funds issue. I truly don't know what to say. If your passport does not come out in 60 days and you are unable to submit before ielts expires, you may want to consider declining the ITA. It's a bummer really but stay hopeful, you never know. Passport may get ready in a week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by papaking1(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2016
vcole:

You would need to submit your application before your ielts expires. However with the new regulations as regards language test expiry, you may want to consider the option of re writing your ielts in case your case officer requests for an updated language test result. Remember that for ielts, they would no longer be able to access the British council online record once your test expires. Even British council would be unable to access it.
So, if your case officer has not checked and confirmed your result online before then, chances are that you just might be asked to provide another.
As regards your passport, it is true that Nigerian immigration service has not had paper to print passports for about a month now. It's a shame really as they say it's a lack of funds issue. I truly don't know what to say. If your passport does not come out in 60 days and you are unable to submit before ielts expires, you may want to consider declining the ITA. It's a bummer really but stay hopeful, you never know. Passport may get ready in a week.

Thanks for your explanation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
Zimex:

ideally, you should have the funds throughout the entire process (up to landing) as you may be required to provide updated POF at any point during the process. In my own case, even though it was my money, I needed to use it. So I waited until I saw that my POF had been been reviewed and officer was satisfied ( from GCMS notes - 5 months after AOR) before I started spending...still a calculated risk. I'll have to pull it back together before landing as I've heard of people being asked for POF at the airport.

Thanks a lot for the advice.
Really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2016
Thanks, man!
sehawale:

yes....Wes confirmed receipt already too. I used etx-ng.com/oau
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello Guys, Just wanted to ask , do you submit your Transcript for the Application , POST ITA or u sumbit only ur Degree Certificate.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yemisi2015: 1:35am On Nov 15, 2016
Hello,

Does anyone have a contact for someone in UNAD that can help facilitate my WES Verification. i've been waiting over 2 months now for the school to respond back to WES. Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fortissimo502: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2016
Fiancee don land o!! Thank God. Thanks to vcole, jesusdway and some other peeps I've forgotten their usernames for the advice given when we got a letter from cic about PoF.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:47am On Nov 15, 2016
vcole:
WOW!!!!
I just got ITA. I had no idea there was gonna be a draw today. Gosh! this feels so surreal. I only entered the pool last friday. WOW!!!

For other doctors and health professionals, I would try to give details of my process so far and I hope it would help give an idea of timelines if you need it.

So, finally decided to start the process for EE in June, 2016.
Set up my physicians apply account($278) on 18th June and commenced the SVR ($157) for my medical degree.
I sent the necessary copies (all notarized) of documents required by MCC (certified identity confirmation, medical degree, passport bio-data page, consent release form and marriage certificate) via DHL and they acknowledged receipt and uploaded to my account on 29th June.

However, I got a message at this point that the copy of my marriage certificate was cut off on one margin and so my medical degree was given an incomplete status until i sent a full copy to them. I had to send by courier again and I was so not happy about paying that DHL fee twice.

My medical degree was changed to an accepted status after they received and approved the new copy of my marriage certificate on July 21st. They sent it to ECFMG same day and ECFMG sent the verification request to my school on July 22nd.

My school received the request by September 8th (about 7 weeks after it was sent via regular post) and I paid for the reply to be sent via courier on September 14th. It was delivered to ECFMG on September 21st.
ECFMG returned my verification: passed to MCC on Oct 7th. (it took about 11 working days as opposed to 20 as advised on their site).
I paid for my ECA ($102) same day and courier fee to Nigeria ($140).
I received an email on Oct 14th from MCC notifying me that my ECA was ready. (it was issued on OCt 11th. so it took 3 working days as opposed to 21 working days as advised on the site). I received my ECA via courier today.

I created my EE profile on Oct 14th with CRS of 482 (claiming 10 points for my spouse's degree and 18 points for his IELTS).

ITA received today. Now, time to prep all documents.

Congrats to everyone who received an ITA with this recent draw and all the best to everyone still awaiting an invite, it will surely happen soon.

Wow, congrats my sister So happy for you ooh!
But I even thought you had finished MCC long-time ago ooo and that maybe you were just chilling in the pool. smiley waiting for ITA, I didn't even know you just completed the process.
I say so because it was your old post explaining mcc process and support of ugokiye I used in starting mine and progressing. So this is good news, a good boost and encouragement to other doctors.

I have since started MCC and at the ECFMG stage I guess (because I paid for my school to courier back the MCC documents and portal hasn't changed yet). but in meantime I am planning my IELTS for December 3rd.

My only concern sha is that I am 29, single and no masters to add to MBBS, grin so I don't think I can have your score, last I checked with CRS tool and optimal ielts score, highest I can reach will be 470.

I am just hoping, because I heard doctors hardly get provincial nomination, and that General pool is best shot.
What do u think? Any hope the drawing numbers will be reduced further lower than 275?

Expecting you response, Once again Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2016
Why are you having just CRS score of 270? Very strange!! How many years of work experience do you have?

Also, MBBS is rated the same level as Masters so you don't need MSc. With your age, 3 year work experience, MBBS and CLB 10 IELTS score, you should have 481.
esosa4real:

Wow, congrats my sister So happy for you ooh!
But I even thought you had finished MCC long-time ago ooo and that maybe you were just chilling in the pool. smiley waiting for ITA, I didn't even know you just completed the process.
I say so because it was your old post explaining mcc process and support of ugokiye I used in starting mine and progressing. So this is good news, a good boost and encouragement to other doctors.

I have since started MCC and at the ECFMG stage I guess (because I paid for my school to courier back the MCC documents and portal hasn't changed yet). but in meantime I am planning my IELTS for December 3rd.

My only concern sha is that I am 29, single and no masters to add to MBBS, grin so I don't think I can have your score, last I checked with CRS tool and optimal ielts score, highest I can reach will be 270.

I am just hoping, because I heard doctors hardly get provincial nomination, and that General pool is best shot.
What do u think? Any hope the drawing numbers will be reduced further lower than 275?

Expecting you response, Once again Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2016
Fortissimo502:
Fiancee don land o!! Thank God. Thanks to vcole, jesusdway and some other peeps I've forgotten their usernames for the advice given when we got a letter from cic about PoF.

Guy, abeg holla me... I get questions biko...

Just sent you a message via nairaland
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:55am On Nov 15, 2016
Yes. With 3 yrs work experience, mbbs and clb 10 he should get 481, clb9 and he should get 469. Both very good scores for the pool with a good chance of being invited to apply. @esosa4real if you do not have up to 3 yrs work experience, you may want to wait until you do. PNPs are not the way to go for licensed professions since you would need to already have a license to practice in order to qualify for your occupation.
dupyshoo:
Why are you having just CRS score of 270? Very strange!! How many years of work experience do you have?

Also, MBBS is rated the same level as Masters so you don't need MSc. With your age, 3 year work experience, MBBS and CLB 10 IELTS score, you should have 481.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:05am On Nov 15, 2016
Congrats! it appears you changed your NL profile or moniker?
Fortissimo502:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
hello good afternoon . I appreciate the good work of you people on this forum may God accept our prayers as regards our efforts. please I know nothing about the PNP stuff. but when I google search the Manitoba PNP , I saw the one of family stream. please does it include wes evaluation and all that. please any one who know little or more about the mpnp should please hint me . I think I have interest in that. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
Do you have any family members in Manitoba? If yes, I might be able to help.
oduzbaba89:
hello good afternoon . I appreciate the good work of you people on this forum may God accept our prayers as regards our efforts. please I know nothing about the PNP stuff. but when I google search the Manitoba PNP , I saw the one of family stream. please does it include wes evaluation and all that. please any one who know little or more about the mpnp should please hint me . I think I have interest in that. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fortissimo502: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
vcole:
Congrats! it appears you changed your NL profile or moniker?

Thanks jare. Yes it was just Fortissimo before.

I even need some more advice now sef abeg.

So I'm currently studying in the US on an F1 visa and as you know, my Nigerian fiancee just landed in Canada as a PR. We are planning to get our parents to do the intro and other traditional rites (bride price) on our behalf in Nigeria then she and I will do a court marriage either in US or Canada. Thereafter she will put in the spousal application. Does this sound ok? Going to naija to do the trad isn't really an option because of cost and time. We've been dating for like 4years by the way.

I saw somewhere that it's almost impossible to get TRV to visit fiancee/fiance in Canada. Is this true?

cc jesusdway et al.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fortissimo502: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

Guy, abeg holla me... I get questions biko...

Just sent you a message via nairaland

Wazzap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nairalandbuzz(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
Fortissimo502:

Wazzap

As you just finished a hurdle concerning PoF, there are questions I would like to ask you if you dont mind.

I just sent you an email. Please do check your email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hello All, though i've read through the previous posts, I'm sorry i still have to post this here to get the candid advice of already/near successful applicants for the FSW programme.

Did the IELTS exam 29th October - Results (browsed online) are
(ME) L-7.5 R-7.5 S-8 W-7.5 {i will be 31yrs by Feb 2017, B.Eng (Civil Engr), will get my MSc Construction Mgmt (UNILAG) certificate by Jan 2017}

[b](WIFEY)[/b]L-7.5 R-7.5 S-7 W-6.5 She will be 30yrs by April 2017, BSc (Biochemistry)

We have a 1 year son (that would mean we need about $18500 POF).
What options do you think are feasible now, considering
-No foreign educations to boost score (considering the new rules)
-No job offer
-No PNP yet
-Credentials have not been assessed (i'm wondering if i should wait for Jan to get my MSc Cert before submitting for ECA)
- i seriously believe that our IELTS results should be better.

A sponsor of mine was suggesting we use an agent (based in SA) which i'm partially against because they only seem to offer what proper individual research can do.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
You did not provide any information about the no of years of experience you both have.

I will however base my advice on the assumption that you have over 3 years of work experience.

As you are almost done with MSc., you will get higher CRS score with you as the principal applicant.

Therefore, I will suggest you wait till your MSc. is concluded before arranging for your ECA. While waiting for MSc., you should rewrite IELTS and target 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW.

Your wife will also have to do her ECA, if she is yet to do it.

If you ace your IELTS, evaluate your MSc, get your wife's ECA done and have 3 year work experience under NOC 0, A or B, your CRS score will be about 470ish which is good.

dammysanmi:
Hello All, though i've read through the previous posts, I'm sorry i still have to post this here to get the candid advice of already/near successful applicants for the FSW programme.

Did the IELTS exam 29th October - Results (browsed online) are
(ME) L-7.5 R-7.5 S-8 W-7.5 {i will be 31yrs by Feb 2017, B.Eng (Civil Engr), will get my MSc Construction Mgmt (UNILAG) certificate by Jan 2017}

[b](WIFEY)[/b]L-7.5 R-7.5 S-7 W-6.5 She will be 30yrs by April 2017, BSc (Biochemistry)

We have a 1 year son (that would mean we need about $18500 POF).
What options do you think are feasible now, considering
-No foreign educations to boost score (considering the new rules)
-No job offer
-No PNP yet
-Credentials have not been assessed (i'm wondering if i should wait for Jan to get my MSc Cert before submitting for ECA)
- i seriously believe that our IELTS results should be better.

A sponsor of mine was suggesting we use an agent (based in SA) which i'm partially against because they only seem to offer what proper individual research can do.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
@ Duppyshoo. yes I have a family member there. so how do I go about it. I need your response as a matter of urgency. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
We both have over 6 years work experience individually. I'll attempt the IELTS exam one more time, and ace it too. I infer that she does not need to re-attempt the IELTS (she's already demotivated anyway)
Thanks a lot @dupyshoo.

dupyshoo:
You did not provide any information about the no of years of experience you both have.

I will however base my advice on the assumption that you have over 3 years of work experience.

As you are almost done with MSc., you will get higher CRS score with you as the principal applicant.

Therefore, I will suggest you wait till your MSc. is concluded before arranging for your ECA. While waiting for MSc., you should rewrite IELTS and target 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW.

Your wife will also have to do her ECA, if she is yet to do it.

If you ace your IELTS, evaluate your MSc, get your wife's ECA done and have 3 year work experience under NOC 0, A or B, your CRS score will be about 470ish which is good.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
oduzbaba89 (m ): 5:35pm
@ Duppyshoo. yes I have a family member there. so how do I go about it. I need your response as a matter of urgency. thanks
(Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report) (Share )
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2016
My employers have refused to address the employee reference letter to ''Whom it may concern'' and that they require an address to write the employee ref letter to.

Which address can i share with them to address the employee reference letter to.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OgeChukwuO: 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Good evening,
I just got to know of this and I am very interested. I have a bsc in banking and finance and have done lots of admin and finance manager jobs. My last job was a corporate affairs head which also includes admin and finance. I also have 8 years working experience. Which province can I apply under that's favorable and under what NOC. Kindly help.
Also my husband has LLM. A master in international law from a Uk university.

Kindly help also clarify who is more qualified to be the PRincipal Applicant. Also which assessment board is the fastest as I see people are having issues with WES.

Please help a novice like me. Am just starting. Yet to start anything.

Expecting a feedback soon. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but Canada's immigration minister will make it easier for skilled worker and international students to get PR and stay in Canada. The rule takes affect come Nov 17. I felt this article relates to this thread.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-to-ease-path-to-permanent-residency-for-skilled-workers-students/article32846606/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:04am On Nov 16, 2016
vcole:
Yes. With 3 yrs work experience, mbbs and clb 10 he should get 481, clb9 and he should get 469. Both very good scores for the pool with a good chance of being invited to apply. @esosa4real if you do not have up to 3 yrs work experience, you may want to wait until you do. PNPs are not the way to go for licensed professions since you would need to already have a license to practice in order to qualify for your occupation.

@dupshoo @vcole
Oh that was an error, i meant 470. Yes I have 3 years experience and mbbs. Since I have been calculating, i never got 481....oh well maybe it's because I am facing reality of the ielts scores I could possibly have. Been managing to study after work for ielts, oboes e nor easy oh!

Anyways thanks for the advice! The general pool is surest bet and I think ielts makes the difference in scores.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2016
Is the family member a close relative? A close relative is any of the following:
1. sister or brother
2. niece or nephew (ex: child of your sister or brother)
3. aunt or uncle (ex: brother or sister of your mother or father)
4. first cousin (ex: child of your aunt or uncle)
5. mother or father
6. grandmother or grandfather

If yes, does the person satisfy the following conditions?
1. able to provide documents proving they reside and are established in Manitoba and have been living in the province continuously for at least one year (ex: copy of Manitoba Health Card)
2. a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (ex: copy of Permanent Resident Card)
3. able to demonstrate sufficiently close ties to the applicant and to Manitoba
4. able to demonstrate that any applications they previously supported resulted in successful, permanent economic establishment in Manitoba
5. able to support the applicant’s Settlement Plan

oduzbaba89:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2016
Google IRCC office.

This question has been answered several times. I have even posted the address so you can check my previous posts for the address.

Saturi:
My employers have refused to address the employee reference letter to ''Whom it may concern'' and that they require an address to write the employee ref letter to.

Which address can i share with them to address the employee reference letter to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.