Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2611168 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hiyah,

I did not have the same issue as you do. I was able to get the letter required by IRCC. So, I am not sure my POF draft will be relevant.

Nickoko:

Compliments of the season Dupyshoo. I will appreciate if I can get the same POF draft copy from u. Zenith Bank is hard and not ready to do anything other than their regular format.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tillinfinity: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Doggys:
Hello House. I just received OID nomination letter from Saskatchewan today. Pls what do I do next? The nomination will expire July,2017. Thanks

Congrats, i'd like to speak to you , if you don't mind.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yomir: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for the advise. The letter is called signature confirmation letter, I got it from the branch earlier today. Cheers

Fusion23:

I had the same issue , pls tell dem to give u the letter of confirmation they give pensioners ..that will have ur passport pics but this time address to cicg ..couple with bank statement will do..i used this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Dear all, I have a question. Since the primary occupation it wat your express entry application will be based on, what is the essence of putting work experiences that are not in your primary occupation in your profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
please who knows what score a nurse doing FSW Program is required to score in her IELTS.

Also the minimum points one needs to get overall in FSW...is it 67

Please link to IELTS questions and answers will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DrOBD(m): 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
Gurus in the house. I'm new here. Can one use Academic IELTS for EE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fabulousfinite: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
Good day Dupyshoo,

Please just want to get little clarifications.

1.From Australia site, it states that POF is part of the requirement. From your post, on what ground would one not provide POF while applying for PR to Australia.

2. I also discovered that one drops point considerably when you clock 40 year of age. From 25pts to 15pts

dupyshoo:
Yeah, they both have their pros and cons. These are what I have been able to gather from the 2 systems.

Australia
Pros
1. POF not require
2. Age does not drop points significantly
3. BSc and Msc. get the same point
4. It takes roughly about 1 month to get PPR after AOR
5. You can get ITA with zero work experience (especially for Engineers)
6. It favours those with high number of years of work experience
7. It favours Engineers as most Engineers have their job code under SOL List and CSOL list and Engineer Australia can be very fast to evaluate qualifications
8. You can decide to write PTE instead of IELTS. People say PTE is easier

Cons
1. Application fee is about 3 times that of Canada
2. You will not only evaluate your certificate, you will have to evaluate your work experience as well if you plan to claim points for work experience
3. No of years of work experience are often reduced after evaluation
4. It can take ages to get work experience evaluated
5. You only get points at all if you have 3 or more years of work experience
6. You need all 7s in IELTS to get 10 points for language and all 8s to get 20 points
7. if your occupation is not under SOL list or CSOL list, it is nearly impossible to get PR
8. It is nearly impossible for Medical doctors, lawyers, etc for to get PR as they will need to pass their professional exams first before applying
9. Work experience must be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.

Canada
Pros
1. Application fee is reasonable
2. You do not need to evaluate work experience
3. Good for Medical doctors and others in regulated professions
3. You just need to target 8.5,8,7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW
4. There is no SOL/CSOL List. You will qualify once your NOC code is under 0,A or B
5. Work experience does not have to be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.
6. You just need 3 year work experience for you to get maximum score under work experience

Cons
1. POF is required
2. Without MSc or a "professional" qualification, you will have to rely on PNP to get above 450
3. PNP is very difficult to get
4. Age has a huge impact on your score
5. Work experience does not count after 3 years
6. It takes about 6 months after AOR to get PPR.
7. You will need the combination of this 3 to get above 450: good IELTS score, 3 year work experience, MSc/2 or more qualifications/regulated professions

Please be free to add more to allow people to decide on which route to pursue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Dear all, I have a question. Since the primary occupation it wat your express entry application will be based on, what is the essence of putting work experiences that are not in your primary occupation in your profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fusion23:
Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its just over one month i applied for pr and i already got a mail asking for passport......is this good?

also should i use vfs or dhl ..i prefer cfs because i dont know where i might be

Congrats to you. This is a well deserved New Year's gift. Funny you are asking if this is good. grin Your application has been approved!!! 99.9%smiley the final step is stamping your visa and printing out your COPR.

Please use dhl, as vfs is slower and less expensive while dhl is faster and of course expensive compared to vfs. Unless they have changed now, as per new year.lol
If you are not in a hurry vfs is the way to go.

This is surely one of the fastest from AVO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
GrandCommander:
The essence is if you want to claim points for your fsw. For EE points for your work experience max out at 3 years. Every other experience after 3 years is just Jara, if you do not need the other years to make up for your fsw eligibility.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
beyunce:

Congrats to you. This is a well deserved New Year's gift. Funny you are asking if this is good. grin Your application has been approved!!! 99.9%smiley the final step is stamping your visa and printing out your COPR.

Please use dhl, as vfs is slower and less expensive while dhl is faster and of course expensive compared to vfs. Unless they have changed now, as per new year.lol
If you are not in a hurry vfs is the way to go.

This is surely one of the fastest from AVO.
Thanks Beyunce I had Submitted November 21 , did you know any other case where it was a bit fast..this is scary have checked my my application status online at it shows that my action is required.

3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fusion23:

Thanks Beyunce I had Submitted November 21 , did you know any other case where it was a bit fast..this is scary have checked my my application status online at it shows that my action is required.

You need to upload a document. If you read the instructions carefully they stated you should upload imm form if your circumstances have changed. Some people just write a letter and upload "stating their situation is the same, and has not changed since they submitted their application, and that they will be sending out their passports as required asap" although I am unsure of what your letter states, but I am guessing it is the same? If yes then you should do the same.

I know of a case that didn't even take a month. This was many months back when EE was still fast,especially avo. Currently avo is super slow with march, April, may, June etc applicants still waiting. You are surely lucky. I guess your security was completed fast. Do you have vast travel history?

Congrats once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
beyunce:

You need to upload a document. If you read the instructions carefully they stated you should upload imm form if your circumstances have changed. Some people just write a letter and upload "stating their situation is the same, and has not changed since they submitted their application, and that they will be sending out their passports as required asap" although I am unsure of what your letter states, but I am guessing it is the same? If yes then you should do the same.

I know of a case that didn't even take a month. This was many months back when EE was still fast,especially avo. Currently avo is super slow with march, April, may, June etc applicants still waiting. You are surely lucky. I guess your security was completed fast. Do you have vast travel history?

Congrats once again.

thanks beyunce what is AVO let me guess accra visa office?, you seem to be an expert on this .. travel history i have lived in england for almost two years so the police report helps too, also i have a brother who is a permanent resident, thou no point for this am sure it made it faster..please whats your own status ..are you already in canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Good evening all, i want to request for EOR. is there anyone that has applied for a review on reading and speaking and it was upgraded? i got 7 and 7.5 respectively. I think it should have been higher. Please advice. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:02am On Dec 30, 2016
Fusion23:

thanks beyunce what is AVO let me guess accra visa office?, you seem to be an expert on this .. travel history i have lived in england for almost two years so the police report helps too, also i have a brother who is a permanent resident, thou no point for this am sure it made it faster..please whats your own status ..are you already in canada?

Yes, Accra Visa Office. Okay not to much traveling. I was just trying to figure out if your travel history or the lack of it contributed to your fast processing.
whatever reason, happy for you.
Mine is still in process. no I am not in Canada.
I know a lot because of my vast research on this Canada pr thingy! In fact still researching! Lol.

Godspeed with the rest of the process. You are almost done.
Oya sharply send your passport and photo. So the rejoicing can begin in full. Chop knuckle. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nickoko: 2:08am On Dec 30, 2016
Fabulousfinite:
Good day Dupyshoo,

Please just want to get little clarifications.

1.From Australia site, it states that POF is part of the requirement. From your post, on what ground would one not provide POF while applying for PR to Australia.

2. I also discovered that one drops point considerably when you clock 40 year of age. From 25pts to 15pts

Australia have 2 occupational List which are SOL and Csol. Csol is the state occupational list while SOL is the federal occupational list. You are expected to check both list and see where your nominated occupation falls into. SOL nomination does not require POF while more States requires you to provide evidence of settlement proof of fund before been nominated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 4:17am On Dec 30, 2016
jassymama:
Good evening all, i want to request for EOR. is there anyone that has applied for a review on reading and speaking and it was upgraded? i got 7 and 7.5 respectively. I think it should have been higher. Please advice. Thank you

Hi 7 and 7.5 in reading and speaking seems ok its listening that you need 8.
that aside reading is subjective your scores will always be your score as its based on a marking scheme..same with listening.

writing and speaking are non-subjective and marks can be given at discretion..so summary it makes sense to only review speaking..but i could be wrong ..never did this process but u have to do so asap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 6:52am On Dec 30, 2016
Hello Dupyshoo,

Seasons greetings. I read thru ur well structured pros and cons of the two immigration systems for Canada and Australia. Pls I have a question. while your file is being reviewed at the local visa office by cic, does this mean that they are only interested in your most recent 3 years of employment? lets say you have worked for 20yrs in 2 different companies and you have spent 8 years in the current one and 12 years in the prior one? would consideration/review of any sort still be given to your prior employment history by the officer?

dupyshoo:
Yeah, they both have their pros and cons. These are what I have been able to gather from the 2 systems.

Australia
Pros
1. POF not required
2. Age does not drop points significantly
3. BSc and Msc. get the same point
4. It takes roughly about 1 month to get PPR after AOR
5. You can get ITA with zero work experience (especially for Engineers)
6. It favours those with high number of years of work experience
7. It favours Engineers as most Engineers have their job code under SOL List and CSOL list and Engineer Australia can be very fast to evaluate qualifications
8. You can decide to write PTE instead of IELTS. People say PTE is easier

Cons
1. Application fee is about 3 times that of Canada
2. You will not only evaluate your certificate, you will have to evaluate your work experience as well if you plan to claim points for work experience
3. No of years of work experience are often reduced after evaluation
4. It can take ages to get work experience evaluated
5. You only get points at all if you have 3 or more years of work experience
6. You need all 7s in IELTS to get 10 points for language and all 8s to get 20 points
7. if your occupation is not under SOL list or CSOL list, it is nearly impossible to get PR
8. It is nearly impossible for Medical doctors, lawyers, etc for to get PR as they will need to pass their professional exams first before applying
9. Work experience must be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.

Canada
Pros
1. Application fee is reasonable
2. You do not need to evaluate work experience
3. Good for Medical doctors and others in regulated professions
3. You just need to target 8.5,8,7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW
4. There is no SOL/CSOL List. You will qualify once your NOC code is under 0,A or B
5. Work experience does not have to be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.
6. You just need 3 year work experience for you to get maximum score under work experience

Cons
1. POF is required
2. Without MSc or a "professional" qualification, you will have to rely on PNP to get above 450
3. PNP is very difficult to get
4. Age has a huge impact on your score
5. Work experience does not count after 3 years
6. It takes about 6 months after AOR to get PPR.
7. You will need the combination of this 3 to get above 450: good IELTS score, 3 year work experience, MSc/2 or more qualifications/regulated professions

Please be free to add more to allow people to decide on which route to pursue.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2016
Congrats!!!

In most cases, this means that the processing of your application is completed and your COPR will be issued about 1 month after submission of your passport.

However, I read of a case on another forum when Accra VO sent passport request a month after submission in May. They were yet to complete the processing of the person's application. They held the passport from May to December before they eventually gave the person COPR. Please note this is a just a one off. Most times, they don't request for passport before application has been approved.

Fusion23:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2016
Compliments of the season!!

The work experience must be within the last 10 years.

morgan2006:
Hello Dupyshoo,

Seasons greetings. I read thru ur well structured pros and cons of the two immigration systems for Canada and Australia. Pls I have a question. while your file is being reviewed at the local visa office by cic, does this mean that they are only interested in your most recent 3 years of employment? lets say you have worked for 20yrs in 2 different companies and you have spent 8 years in the current one and 12 years in the prior one? would consideration/review of any sort still be given to your prior employment history by the officer?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

I am have been practicing for my ielts exam which is in march next year and I am very confident about the reading, speaking and writing section but I am not so confident about the listening because I am targeting at least a score of 8.

For most of the practice tests I have taken on listening, I have scored 7.5 and a few other times I scored at least 8. For most of sites i have used to practice, I noticed that the questions are normally in sync with the way the orators are speaking meaning you can find the answers in sequential order as the orator is speaking. But while practicing today on a certain website, I was expecting to get some answers in corresponding order to the questions and couldn't and so I got thrown off and didn't do well.

I want to find out from those who have already taken the test if questions in the listening section are always in the corresponding order as the orator(s) speak.

Also, I would like any helpful tips on how I can ace the listening section as I am looking for a score of at least 8.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
thanks dupyshoo

dupyshoo:
Compliments of the season!!

The work experience must be within the last 10 years.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fabulousfinite: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
Thanks.

Nickoko:

Australia have 2 occupational List which are SOL and Csol. Csol is the state occupational list while SOL is the federal occupational list. You are expected to check both list and see where your nominated occupation falls into. SOL nomination does not require POF while more States requires you to provide evidence of settlement proof of fund before been nominated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
GrandCommander:

If you're not claiming points for it, then there's no need to put it pre ITA. If you do, you'll be asked to provide reference letters. You can and should include it under personal history post ITA. Work experience listed under personal history don't have any impact on your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
DrOBD:
Gurus in the house. I'm new here. Can one use Academic IELTS for EE.

No. General IELTS only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
omesanni:
Hi,

I am have been practicing for my ielts exam which is in march next year and I am very confident about the reading, speaking and writing section but I am not so confident about the listening because I am targeting at least a score of 8.

For most of the practice tests I have taken on listening, I have scored 7.5 and a few other times I scored at least 8. For most of sites i have used to practice, I noticed that the questions are normally in sync with the way the orators are speaking meaning you can find the answers in sequential order as the orator is speaking. But while practicing today on a certain website, I was expecting to get some answers in corresponding order to the questions and couldn't and so I got thrown off and didn't do well.

I want to find out from those who have already taken the test if questions in the listening section are always in the corresponding order as the orator(s) speak.

Also, I would like any helpful tips on how I can ace the listening section as I am looking for a score of at least 8.

edX IELTS test preparation course is a brilliant resource that you should explore and it's free too. After you're done with all the tutorials, I suggest you get Cambridge Practice Tests and work your way down from book 10 to at least 6. Just google "our canada dream diary blog", navigate to the right side panel, click on IELTS MATERIALS, scroll down and download for free. Dupyshoo and Garykasparov(I think) also have great suggestions on how to ace the test. You should go through their post to read their tips. Although considering garykasparov said it took him 8 months, I believe to attain his goal, you might want to lean more on dupyshoo's tips. Just kidding!, both of them did a pretty job highlighting very key points. Goodluck!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bosayo: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hi Dupsho, I am also interested in this POF. my email is bosayo2@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
Tunjinodaysoff:
please who knows what score a nurse doing FSW Program is required to score in her IELTS.

Also the minimum points one needs to get overall in FSW...is it 67

Please link to IELTS questions and answers will be appreciated

Your questions got me scratching my head. On the surface, they appear easy to answer but it's much more complicated as I suspect you don't really have an understanding of the process. Firstly, to be eligible for FSW category under "Express Entry", you should score at least 6 in each section (Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing), which equates to what is known as clb7. However, you should be targeting a clb 10 which is 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5 in LRSW respectively or at the very least 8,7,7,7. This brings me to your second question, scoring 67 on the FSW grid goes towards eligibility just like the minimum score of 6's in IELTS. On another side, if you do meet the eligibility requirements, you'll be in a pool and this where those great IELTS scores (clb 10& 9) counts towards getting an Invitation To Apply(ITA). Please note that while good IELTS scores are crucial, other components like educational attainment level and it's equivalency to the Canadian standard, years of work experience and age all play equally vital roles in 'landing' an ITA. My honest suggestion is that you read from the first page of this thread. The insights you gain just by reading the first page can't be quantified. Imagine reading the whole thread?!.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
Thank you. I appreciate
00DE00:

Your questions got me scratching my head. On the surface, they appear easy to answer but it's much more complicated as I suspect you don't really have an understanding of the process. Firstly, to be eligible for FSW category under "Express Entry", you should score at least 6 in each section (Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing), which equates to what is known as clb7. However, you should be targeting a clb 10 which is 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5 in LRSW respectively or at the very least 8,7,7,7. This brings me to your second question, scoring 67 on the FSW grid goes towards eligibility just like the minimum score of 6's in IELTS. On another side, if you do meet the eligibility requirements, you'll be in a pool and this where those great IELTS scores (clb 10& 9) counts towards getting an Invitation To Apply(ITA). Please note that while good IELTS scores are crucial, other components like educational attainment level and it's equivalency to the Canadian standard, years of work experience and age all play equally vital roles in 'landing' an ITA. My honest suggestion is that you read from the first page of this thread. The insights you gain just by reading the first page can't be quantified. Imagine reading the whole thread?!.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
00DE00:

If you're not claiming points for it, then there's no need to put it pre ITA. If you do, you'll be asked to provide reference letters. You can and should include it under personal history post ITA. Work experience listed under personal history don't have any impact on your application.

Thanks...However is it not the primary occupation alone that one can claim points for in Express Entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

From december 2009 to december 2011, I worked in a learning disability home as a support staff(although i studied computer science) in the UK. After that I returned to Nigeria, did my NYSC from 2012-2013 and was unemployed for about a year and 3months before finally getting a job in june 2014 as a software developer which i am still currently doing.

Now when I apply for EE later next year, I plan on stating only my current job as my work experience of which i have been doing for 2yrs,6months now. I also plan on putting the work i did in the UK and my NYSC in the personal history after I receive an ITA. I spoke to my sister today who has been living in canada for the past 6yrs and got her permanent residence 4 months ago and she said when she applied, for every job she had done in the past which she didn't specify as work experience(e.g work at grocery store like co-op) but stated in the personal history, she got some sort of letter from the company to show as a proof to CIC that she worked there. This confuses me.

Now, my question is would I have to get a letter from the company I worked with in the UK as well as from where I served during NYSC to show as proof that I worked there? If so, what do I do in my case where the company I worked with in UK has been dissolved and so I can't get a letter from them. I also don't have any of my payslips as it was 7yrs ago I worked there. I still have a bank account in the UK though and it shows the salary transactions made by the company into my account from 2009-2011. Will showing a bank statement from 2009-2011 suffice since I don't have any payslips?

Lastly, I am worried about the over 1yr unemployment period in my personal history. Do u think this could cause problems? Do u think I need to write a letter to cic explaining further why it took me so long to gain employment?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 4:55am On Dec 31, 2016
Please what is the first step in FSW. so do I do the WES evaluation or write ielts first...which

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.