Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600998 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hi,

I want to find out what rates does CIC use to calculate how much we have in canadian dollars? Is it cbn rate or black market rate?I don't know whether to use cbn rate, or my bank's rate or even black market rate to calculate if i meet the minimum amount for one person($12,300).

I also looked at the Bank of Canada's site to see the rate vs naira but Nigeria is not listed on their site
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maridrug(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
yingman:
you welcome

Just start from page 0 down here.
be patient and take your time, but if you need any clarification afterwards, feel free to drop your questions.

Thanks, is it a must to write the proficiency test?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
Use xe.com
omesanni:
Hi,

I want to find out what rates does CIC use to calculate how much we have in canadian dollars? Is it cbn rate or black market rate?I don't know whether to use cbn rate, or my bank's rate or even black market rate to calculate if i meet the minimum amount for one person($12,300).

I also looked at the Bank of Canada's site to see the rate vs naira but Nigeria is not listed on their site

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 5:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
If you take time to read the first few pages, you will have the answer to your question.
maridrug:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
It's a must to write it.
maridrug:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Use xe.com
What rate does CIC use though? that's what i want to know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by t405: 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
hello house.

my CRS score doesnt go beyond 421 with this profile.i just assumed it should be slightly higherconsidering my profile.Is there any chance any of my inputs is wrong...

my ielts score is

L.8, S.8, R. 7.5, W.7.0

MARRIED but spouse is unaccompaning

Bachelors degree evaluated

NOC A / 5yrs work experience

inputs pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
You're not wrong bro it's 421 still.
t405:
hello house.

my CRS score doesnt go beyond 421 with this profile.i just assumed it should be slightly higherconsidering my profile.Is there any chance any of my inputs is wrong...

my ielts score is

L.8, S.8, R. 7.5, W.7.0

MARRIED but spouse is unaccompaning

Bachelors degree evaluated

NOC A / 5yrs work experience

inputs pls

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by t405: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
penitential:
You're not wrong bro it's 421 still.

thanks bro....am just confused, i was so sure it cud be around 430 or so.guess i shud rewrite ielts but wud just hope ontario nomination opens up soon.68k isnt just accessible to me now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
Yes brother. You can choose to re-write IELTS or wait for another opening for Ontario nomination or wait and see if the points will go down to Favour you. But mind you, Ontario nomination application fee is around 1,500Cad which is way more than 300,000Naira.
t405:

thanks bro....am just confused, i was so sure it cud be around 430 or so.guess i shud rewrite ielts but wud just hope ontario nomination opens up soon.68k isnt just accessible to me now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mightyjj(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hi bro,, Can u pls for God sake guide me on how to fill the OID forms though I can do it but I don't want to make mistake,,, that is y I want someone that has done it successfully. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2017
t405:

You don't need to rewrite IELTS. You already have the scores for the highest CLB equivalent (CLB 9). You are loosing points because your spouse is unaccompanying. Can't u get ur spouse to write IELTS and evaluate her credentials?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mightyjj(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
omoba26:

Can u pls email me the province n Federal forms u downloaded,,, they are not downloading on my system. Thanks. My email address is ogunladejuwon@yahoo.com
No not yet open. I already have an account and have attached all documents. once open, i submit.

I only need to know the format of the settlement plan.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
Please statement of account we need to upload is it the printed statement with several pages or just the letter the bank gives stating the summary and balance and details of the account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
t405:

No need for rewrite. You already have max points there. The ooints will come from ur spouse as u stated u r married.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by t405: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
penitential:
Yes brother. You can choose to re-write IELTS or wait for another opening for Ontario nomination or wait and see if the points will go down to Favour you. But mind you, Ontario nomination application fee is around 1,500Cad which is way more than 300,000Naira.

Infact that's one of the major reason I don't have the 68k.I am POF and application fee prepared so no extras to throw around.thanks a lot for the mention!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
Got my ECA from IQAS today. It took just 9 working days! smiley

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by t405: 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
jassymama:

No need for rewrite. You already have max points there. The ooints will come from ur spouse as u stated u r married.

Thanks a lot for the response.spouse isn't interested so it's just me and the kids for now.I have 127points for language in the pool now.is that the maximum points for language?also does that mean a rewrite might not make a significant boost?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
40manlappy:

Chei! Congratulations. My transcript just got delivered to iqas today. So I have to wait like 5 days for them to confirm receipt.

Did they send a mail to unilag for confirmation? If yes, how did u follow up on them responding asap.

I hope I would have good news soon too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
t405:

Thanks a lot for the response.spouse isn't interested so it's just me and the kids for now.I have 127points for language in the pool now.is that the maximum points for language?also does that mean a rewrite might not make a significant boost?

Let me leave this for people with more information, so I don't mislead u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
How much in naira have you set aside?

t405:

Infact that's one of the major reason I don't have the 68k.I am POF and application fee prepared so no extras to throw around.thanks a lot for the mention!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
You lost 9 points in language cos of the L,R,W. You get max point if you get atleast 8.5,8.0&7.5 respectively. If you ask me,I don't think you should rewrite though. The reason your score is not higher than that is because youbhave only Bsc. Masters could have made a difference. You can actually persuade your spouse to evaluate his degrees and get a good score in IELTS. Even though he is not interested for now,he can help you actualize your dream. If he is still not interested when you get PR, he won't just land which does not affect you or the kids but would have helped to boost your scores.
t405:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
40manlappy:

Yay! Go IQAS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
jassymama:

Chei! Congratulations. My transcript just got delivered to iqas today. So I have to wait like 5 days for them to confirm receipt.

Did they send a mail to unilag for confirmation? If yes, how did u follow up on them responding asap.

I hope I would have good news soon too.

You may not have to wait for 5 days, it all depends on their workload.

As soon as I had "proof of delivery" (POD) of my transcript, I sent a copy to them via hellofax and requested that they acknowledge receipt. I also followed up with a phone call. They replied same day.

Please note that the transcript was with them for about 8 days before I got a POD as I didn't get the tracking number on time. They also confirmed to me that they had received a large volume of surface mails around the time.

You don't need to follow up on Unilag for a response. I didn't follow up on my school as well. The important thing is for your transcript to get there.

Don't worry, your ECA is on the way wink

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
arinola2:

As Eghosa mentioned, its actually in 2 stages;

(1) WES acknowledging they have received your documents (transcript) from school & also photocopy of your certificate.
Status will change to "Document received (review in progress)"

(2) WES will usually send a mail to your school (Nigeria school as my own case) for some verification.
When school responds and WES get the feedback, your status will change to "Document received, evaluation in progress"

Note;
At this stage , it depends on the workload at hand (at WES), it varies between 2~4 weeks (mine took 4 week - 19/20 working days);
Also you have to send them an email once or twice a week to ensure it doesn't even go beyond 2~4 weeks.

======MY TIMELINE FOR WES VERIFICATION======

> 03-Jan-2017: Paid for WES
> 04-Jan-2017: Send certificate (photocopy) to WES (via Nipost)
> 04-Jan-2017: Transcript payment to school (To be sent to WES)
> 06-Jan-2016: Transcript sent to WES from school
> 20-Jan,2017: Document received (review in progress)
> 10-Feb,2017: Waiting for verification from institution-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 14-Feb,2017: School started working on WES request.
> 21-Feb,2017: School sent document to WES.
> 22-Feb,2017: Document received, evaluation in progress-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 15-Mar-2017: WES evaluation completed

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. I truly appreciate it. At least i have an idea of when to expect what now. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
Yaay congrats bro. Finally ready for ITA grin

40manlappy:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Yaay congrats bro. Finally ready for ITA grin

I say "Amen" to that my sister smiley

Still waiting for spouse's ECA though. I am the accompanying spouse. May our ITAs come sooner than we expect.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Good evening all, nice thread I must say.. I have gone through the Australia PR thread, the conditions for their provincial nomination is quite not feasible....i have also read through this thread from page 1 to 20 then jumped to page 300...

This is my own story... I have decided to try the Canada PR.... My occupation "Geoscientist" is among the list...

My profile...

Education:
Bsc in Geology
Msc. In Petroleum Geology

Marital status: single

Work experience: 3 years as a geologist

IELTS: Not yet done...

WES EVALUATION: not yet done

POF: Have got money saved in an account strictly for travelling purpose

Questions:
1) what is my chance of scaling through?

2) How long does it take from the beginning to the end of the whole PR journey... (issuing of PR)

3) The money in the account to be presented is from another account of mine... I do transfer from my second account to this other account.. So the bank statement of the account to be presented for the PR will only state my name and that all transfer to the account is from my other account. please do you think I can present it? .

4) Should I send both my Bsc and Msc certificate for evaluation? I have both statement of results.. I also have my transcript copy... Do you think I can send the transcript copies, will WES accept it or must ut be sent directly from the universities...

I need your candid advice... Thanks all...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by t405: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2017
jassymama:

Let me leave this for people with more information, so I don't mislead u

Very thoughtful of you.thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by t405: 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=Beem4cupid post=54784262]You lost 9 points in language cos of the L,R,W. You get max point if you get atleast 8.5,8.0&7.5 respectively. If you ask me,I

Many thanks for your insights. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Amen bro awaiting my ECA from WES too.

40manlappy:

I say "Amen" to that my sister smiley

Still waiting for spouse's ECA though. I am the accompanying spouse. May our ITAs come sooner than we expect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
Congrats bro... That's an extra 10 points! Even more when your wife's arrives! Good luck bro!

40manlappy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.