Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2617413 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
1. You have a very good chance of getting an Invitation to apply, but you need to score high points in the IELTS exam.

2. Time frame varies 2, 3 or even 6 months.

3. You can present the statement as long as it's within 6 months and has the equivalent required for your POF.

4. If your Bsc is Naija and MSc abroad, I will advise you evaluate just the MSc cos it would be faster... Naija schools could slow you down, depending on the school tho...

All the best!

gogedda:
Good evening all, nice thread I must say.. I have gone through the Australia PR thread, the conditions for their provincial nomination is quite not feasible....i have also read through this thread from page 1 to 20 then jumped to page 300...

This is my own story... I have decided to try the Canada PR.... My occupation "Petroleum geologist" is among the list...

My profile...

Education:
Bsc in Geology
Msc. In Petroleum Geology

Marital status: single

Work experience: 2 years as a petroleum geologist

IELTS: Not yet done...

WES EVALUATION: not yet done

POF: Have got money saved in an account strictly for travelling purpose

Questions:
1) what is my chance of scaling through?

2) How long does it take from the beginning to the end of the whole PR journey... (issuing of PR)

3) The money in the account to be presented is from another account of mine... I do transfer from my second account to this other account.. So the bank statement of the account to be presented for the PR will only state my name and that all transfer to the account is from my other account. please do you think I can present it? .

4) Should I send both my Bsc and Msc certificate for evaluation? I have both statement of results.. I also have my transcript copy... Do you think I can send the transcript copies, will WES accept it or must ut be sent directly from the universities...

I need your candid advice... Thanks all...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:10am On Mar 21, 2017
boldinc:
1. You have a very good chance of getting an Invitation to apply, but you need to score high points in the IELTS exam.

3. You can present the statement as long as it's within 6 months and has the equivalent required for your POF.

4. If your Bsc is Naija and MSc abroad, I will advise you evaluate just the MSc cos it would be faster... Naija schools could slow you down, depending on the school tho...

All the best!

Have you submitted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 5:54am On Mar 21, 2017
Thanks brother....
The Bsc and Msc are from naija.. Infact Bsc is from AAUA while Msc is from UI... Pls should I evaluate the Msc alone?

boldinc:

All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:36am On Mar 21, 2017
Nope... Almost there by God's grace!

SlowlybtSurely:

Have you submitted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:37am On Mar 21, 2017
Yea. Evaluate MSc. alone...

gogedda:

Thanks brother....
The Bsc and Msc are from naija.. Infact Bsc is from AAUA while Msc is from UI... Pls should I evaluate the Msc alone?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 6:42am On Mar 21, 2017
I have had people ask which of their credentials to submit for evaluation, with responses that the highest degree could be evaluated.
Does that mean that one degree can cover and rake points for all other certificates, considering a situation where someone has got a lot of diploma certificates. More so it appears other certs. except degrees have got good points to add. How does this work? Its better If one evaluation would cover because of the unrest in most of our higher institutions that prevents one from collecting stuffs out (FUTA for example).
Clarifications please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2017
Your highest degree claims all the required points and could be evaluated alone.

Except in the case where you are claiming points for '2 or more degrees / diplomas', then you should evaluate all the degrees being claimed respectively.

meagainstdem:
I have had people ask which of their credentials to submit for evaluation, with responses that the highest degree could be evaluated.
Does that mean that one degree can cover and rake points for all other certificates, considering a situation where someone has got a lot of diploma certificates. More so it appears other certs. except degrees have got good points to add. How does this work? Its better If one evaluation would cover because of the unrest in most of our higher institutions that prevents one from collecting stuffs out (FUTA for example).
Clarifications please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2017
boldinc:
Your highest degree claims all the required points and could be evaluated alone.

Except in the case where you are claiming points for '2 or more degrees / diplomas', then you should evaluate all the degrees being claimed respectively.

Thanks. So in the case of me having MSc, B.Eng and ND, and my spouse will be the main applicant (no transcript problem from her side), please what is the best way around this (I mean will the ND be useful?). Presently, the school where I had my B.Eng is in crisis and it is sure that wont be resolved pretty soon, while the other two schools are ready to issue my transcripts. Moreso , I had already included B.Eng and ND in the WES form. Except a strong assurance about my earlier question that, will WES not change my already issued reference number while payment is still pending.
Have I not shot myself in the leg in various ways now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Samadict(f): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2017
Good morning. Please is there anyone here that wrote IELTS on 11/02/2017? I wrote mine that day but speaking was done on 07/02/2017. The issue now is I have not received my results. Is there anyone experiencing same? Any advice on how to get the results? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2017
meagainstdem:

Thanks. So in the case of me having MSc, B.Eng and ND, and my spouse will be the main applicant (no transcript problem from her side), please what is the best way around this (I mean will the ND be useful?). Presently, the school where I had my B.Eng is in crisis and it is sure that wont be resolved pretty soon, while the other two schools are ready to issue my transcripts. Moreso , I had already included B.Eng and ND in the WES form. Except a strong assurance about my earlier question that, will WES not change my already issued reference number while payment is still pending.

Same qualification, OND, BSc and MSc. Did both BSc and MSc only. You don't need your OND. Only realised I could evaluate just MSc later, would av done only that. You can tell WES to disregard the OND and do just B.Eng and MSc or tell them to evaluate just the MSc. Ref number won't change. If like me your B.Eng sch will take forever, my bro cos of time evaluate just your MSc, you will get ur maximum points. If u can get it done easily then do both. Try and pay first tho. And I would advise you complete ur WES evaluation before entering the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:19am On Mar 21, 2017
Only your MSc is needed... You can always get a new reference number, since you have not paid. Maybe register for a new account on WES or edit your entry if possible.

meagainstdem:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:25am On Mar 21, 2017
boldinc:
Nope... Almost there by God's grace!

Alright. Take all the time you need.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Farefare: 9:49am On Mar 21, 2017
boldinc:
Only your MSc is needed... You can always get a new reference number, since you have not paid. Maybe register for a new account on WES or edit your entry if possible.

@boldinc , for lawyers, do you think evaluating LB(law school cert.)will suffice or I should send both degree and law school certs for evaluation? Would I claim more points with both?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sundaydammy: 9:59am On Mar 21, 2017
arinola2:

As Eghosa mentioned, its actually in 2 stages;

(1) WES acknowledging they have received your documents (transcript) from school & also photocopy of your certificate.
Status will change to "Document received (review in progress)"

(2) WES will usually send a mail to your school (Nigeria school as my own case) for some verification.
When school responds and WES get the feedback, your status will change to "Document received, evaluation in progress"

Note;
At this stage , it depends on the workload at hand (at WES), it varies between 2~4 weeks (mine took 4 week - 19/20 working days);
Also you have to send them an email once or twice a week to ensure it doesn't even go beyond 2~4 weeks.

======MY TIMELINE FOR WES VERIFICATION======

> 03-Jan-2017: Paid for WES
> 04-Jan-2017: Send certificate (photocopy) to WES (via Nipost)
> 04-Jan-2017: Transcript payment to school (To be sent to WES)
> 06-Jan-2016: Transcript sent to WES from school
> 20-Jan,2017: Document received (review in progress)
> 10-Feb,2017: Waiting for verification from institution-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 14-Feb,2017: School started working on WES request.
> 21-Feb,2017: School sent document to WES.
> 22-Feb,2017: Document received, evaluation in progress-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 15-Mar-2017: WES evaluation completed

pls can i send my Transcript to WES by myself i have it with me ?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:02am On Mar 21, 2017
boldinc:
Congrats bro... That's an extra 10 points! Even more when your wife's arrives! Good luck bro!

Thanks bro. I wish @bolded. IELTS....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2017
They won't take it from you. It has to be from your school directly.
sundaydammy:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2017
sundaydammy:

Thanks

It has be from the school or did the school give it to you.For verification and integrity sake let the school do it,it is their part of the process.The only thing you can do is fast track their sending by involving a courier service
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sundaydammy: 10:18am On Mar 21, 2017
dannio:

It has be from the school or did the school give it to you.For verification and integrity sake let the school do it,it is their part of the process.The only thing you can do is fast track their sending by involving a courier service

i have it for i work in the school and the transcript money is just going up everyday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 10:31am On Mar 21, 2017
Thanks all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2017
sundaydammy:

i have it for i work in the school and the transcript money is just going up everyday

Hmm let the school do it because like l said for verification they will contact the school and if the school says they did not send it to start with,the flag of integrity will be raised.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2017
bodeface:
Please, can somebody help me, in IELTS listening test, is everyone going to have an earpiece or the test will be broadcast once to everyone in the test hall since the message will not be repeated.

Also during the listening period is it possible to pencil down somethings or what are the general skill that could be of help. Thanks for all responses in advance

damidamsel:

I believe it depends on the centre. However practise ,concentration and speed is key. Like temitope06 said the questions will be broken down in parts, you are to pen down your answers as you hear it and you will be given time after each section to review your answers. I got a 9.0 in my Listening and all i did was a lot of practise. The first thing i do is to quickly read through the sentences so as to know what i am 'listening for'. I stay alert for statements that throw you off balance e.g The bus leaves at ____ a.m. The recording might say "The bus used to leave at 7am. It was determined that leaving by 6.55am would save more time but in considering cost efficiency, it has been scheduled for 6.45am" ......... Definitely the answer is 6.45am

My 1cent!!!

Follow the links below for some practice tests. Like damidamsel said, its all about practice. I got 9.0 in my listening too and all i did was a lot of practice and of cause concentration on that day.

http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/ielts-listening-test.html

http://ielts-up.com/listening/ielts-listening-practice.html

The links can be helpful for other areas of the test too.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sundaydammy: 11:46am On Mar 21, 2017
dannio:

Hmm let the school do it because like l said for verification they will contact the school and if the school says they did not send it to start with,the flag of integrity will be raised.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chomiePedia: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2017
dannio:

you can send your certificate to WES using zerofax which is absolutely free.
WES would contact your school for verification. in some schools, the verification is free while you have to pay little amount of money for some schools but it is lesser than the transcript fee.

that is how i did mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chomiePedia: 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
Bob12:

I will advise you go to the school in person (Ground Floor Senate building first - to verify that your request was received and passed on...Then go to Room 164 to confirm it has been passed on to WES)
I did this twice before I got mine processed.

pls how long did you wait before the mail got to unilag. i am asking because WES sent me an email that they have contact the school since march 10, but i called the school yesterday, 20/03/2017 and they said that they have not received my mail.

please i need your advice on how to follow up with unilag. is it that WES is yet to send the email to the school.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Farefare: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2017
Faky201:
please which Noc is the best to use as an in-house lawyer?
thanks

@Faky201, have you been able to figure out which NOC to use? Having this issue also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by arinola2: 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
sundaydammy:

Thanks

Hi,

WES strictly accept transcript from the institution only.

What you can send is your certificate and/or statement of account only.

All the same, school will still need to send trasncript to WES.

Best regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Farefare: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello house,
Kindly advice : WES or IQAS; Am quite confused.need to make a decision today and pay the fees.

Many thxxx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ritlala: 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
Good afternoon everyone, I have been trying through express entry without full understanding on what to do until a friend recommended i check this trend. I have learnt alot from all of you. My question is how do i start this journey with my BSc in business administration age 32yrs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2017
Turn around time, IQAS is faster than WES as witnessed by several people in the house

Farefare:
Hello house,
Kindly advice : WES or IQAS; Am quite confused.need to make a decision today and pay the fees.

Many thxxx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kindly CAREFULLY re-read the first pages of the thread again, it still remains relevant on the first steps you need to take. You can start with this (filling in your educational background and proposed language test scores)...then re-read the first pages again!
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

ritlala:
Good afternoon everyone, I have been trying through express entry without full understanding on what to do until a friend recommended i check this trend. I have learnt alot from all of you. My question is how do i start this journey with my BSc in business administration age 32yrs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
omesanni:
Hi,

I want to find out what rates does CIC use to calculate how much we have in canadian dollars? Is it cbn rate or black market rate?I don't know whether to use cbn rate, or my bank's rate or even black market rate to calculate if i meet the minimum amount for one person($12,300).

I also looked at the Bank of Canada's site to see the rate vs naira but Nigeria is not listed on their site

Why is everyone ignoring my question above?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2017
omesanni:

Why is everyone ignoring my question above?
From previous experiences people advice to use official rate. like www.xe.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.