Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608380 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
The significant decrease in the CRS threshold over recent months has come in the wake of improvements to the Express Entry system that came into effect on November 19, 2016. Among other changes, the number of points awarded for a qualifying job offer was reduced from 600 to either 50 or 200 points, depending on the position offered. As a result, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) predicted that ‘A reduction of points to candidates with arranged employment means the CRS cut-off will decline.’

Based on recent draws, it would seem that IRCC’s predictions are coming true.

The fact that the number of ITAs being issued has increased over recent draws, as shown below, is another contributing factor to the decrease in the CRS requirement.

Source:https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.cicnews.com/2017/02/express-entry-crs-requirement-falls-new-record-low-028913.html/amp

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello house.please what constitute skilled trade occupation (certificate of qualification). Does having Cpa canada fall into this category
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
tollu:

Hi Peppers, thanks!
Got the PM notification but unfortunately I don't have access to my NL email atm. Please let's communicate here.
oh ok. Wanted to ask for tips and guidelines basically. I am writing for the 3rd time and I need the very best result. Pls advise with materials as well. Well done. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
40manlappy:

Sir, my post was not intended to offend or look down on @gogedda. Afterall, I am equally here to learn and do not claim any superior knowledge.

However, duplication of questions/answers is a major challenge that has been repeatedly addressed here.

The usual suggestion is that those of us who are relatively new on the thread should at least, make some effort to read the basics before asking questions that already have answers here.

Cheers.

Am not offended, I just love to have the information I need handy that's why I do list my questions.. Am not the type who will keep to myself if I have questions at least that's what this thread is for.. I have read this thread from beginning...Fast forward....

(1) I want to know the best way to pay the WES assessment fee since the amount is over the spending limit of our naira card... I understand you can use the Dormicillary account but am asking if there is other way than this...

(2) why should I use WES when IQAS is cheaper and does faster assessment..

I hope you now see that my questions are logical

Cheers...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
gogedda:

Thanks Boldinc you are a good brother.. Another question...

(1) What's the best way of making the payment for the WES assessment. How did you go about paying yours, I really want to avoid this dollar black market rate... I used an international dollar card... your best bet, as mentioned several times here is to get someone abroad that can help or you get a dorm account and fund with dollars.

(2) I read IQAS is faster and seem to be cheaper than WES....whats the down side of assessing with IQAS.. I do not now much about IQAS

Thanks again all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 8:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
If people take pains to use the search engine,then nobody would have to be condescending like you said.
Spatz81:

Weldone Sir, however, your first sentence would have sufficed as a response.....no need to be condescending... just saying

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
No need to apologize. You don't owe anyone any explanation.
40manlappy:

Sir, my post was not intended to offend or look down on @gogedda. Afterall, I am equally here to learn and do not claim any superior knowledge.

However, duplication of questions/answers is a major challenge that has been repeatedly addressed here.

The usual suggestion is that those of us who are relatively new on the thread should at least, make some effort to read the basics before asking questions that already have answers here.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
Beem4cupid:
No need to apologize. You don't owe anyone any explanation.

No, he doesn't....but guess what? it shows how mature and educated he really is, and how uncivilized you actually are.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damyshow(m): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
okay thrn.
thanks for feedback.
Appreciate!

Blackbuddy:

You can use any other evaluating agency, it doesn't have to be WES. Another popular agency is IQAS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
Your lack of reasoning to differentiate between insult and advice on how to get more information on issues that have been repeatedly discussed shows how truly civilized you are. Ice age human
Spatz81:

No, he doesn't....but guess what? it shows how mature and educated he really is, and how uncivilized you actually are.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Your lack of reasoning to differentiate between insult and advice on how to get more information on issues that have been repeatedly discussed shows how truly civilized you are. Ice age human

No need to over-stretch this matter, we are all here to help each other out with the needed information. If you feel you don't wanna answer a question, don't deter others from doing so. let us act like grown ups and keep this thread alive.. Do have a fantastic night.. Thanks again Boldinc..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Please help, I submitted my express entry profile last week, I retook IELTS test and result came out last Friday so I updated my profile over the weekend but till date my profile score has not updated and study and languages section still has status as In progress

Please what do I need to do for status to change to transmitted or do I create another profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
@Spatz81: The insult is totally unnecessary. It is not part of our culture here.

@Beem4cupid: Please overlook the offensive statement. Of course, no one here is obligated to respond to any enquiry but let us sustain the fine community spirit smiley

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by floyo001: 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
soadirect:
I included the following in my fax to IQAS
1. photocopies of my degree certificates,
2. biodata page of passport,
3. signed printout of the application request form,
4. filled copy of the application checklist form, and
5. printout of the purchase receipt for the evaluation

Thanks for your response.
based on the info that I've seen in the thread, that most free online fax service don't allow more than 5 pages, is it ok to assume that you sent all stated docs in two separate fax messages?

Also, is it ok to use the mailing system that Naija schools use to send transcripts ok? or should one consider using speed mail ups, fedex or dhl ( I really do not know what Naija schools use)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
If you mean Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Canada, it is NO it does not fall into the Skilled Trade Occupation.

Typically, professions like welding, etc that require some form of training/practical work are those that are classified as Skilled Trade. They usually require certification, rarely degree.

ysmd:
Hello house.please what constitute skilled trade occupation (certificate of qualification). Does having Cpa canada fall into this category
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
gogedda:

No need to over-stretch this matter, we are all here to help each other out with the needed information. If you feel you don't wanna answer a question, don't deter others from doing so. let us act like grown ups and keep this thread alive.. Do have a fantastic night.. Thanks again Boldinc..
How many people have you helped?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by soadirect: 1:08am On Mar 23, 2017
I sent a single fax of 10 pages. The myfax.com site allows up to 10pages (including the cover page). As per expedited shipping, it varies from school to school. If your school supports it, please just use it so that the transcript(s) can get to IQAS quickly otherwise, you are still good with the regular mail (just that it might take a bit longer to get to IQAS 'cos of NIPOST)

floyo001:

Thanks for your response.
based on the info that I've seen in the thread, that most free online fax service don't allow more than 5 pages, is it ok to assume that you sent all stated docs in two separate fax messages?

Also, is it ok to use the mailing system that Naija schools use to send transcripts ok? or should one consider using speed mail ups, fedex or dhl ( I really do not know what Naija schools use)

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 2:17am On Mar 23, 2017
If the status still shows 'in progress', then some info is/are missing in that section. Check through properly and also try using the 'Completeness Check' button... That can help identify the missing detail. You might have to wait for at least 24 hours afterwards for your scores to be updated.

jenny3:
Please help, I submitted my express entry profile last week, I retook IELTS test and result came out last Friday so I updated my profile over the weekend but till date my profile score has not updated and study and languages section still has status as In progress

Please what do I need to do for status to change to transmitted or do I create another profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Epudome: 6:04am On Mar 23, 2017
damyshow:
okay thrn.
thanks for feedback.
Appreciate!

Hi @damyshow, i am a Bowen alumni, i saw one of your posts ystrdy saying you didn't see bowen in the drop down menu on WES's website. Tried calling the numbers in your profile bt they dnt seem to be functioning.

I started the WES process in January this year nd i cnt remember having this issue, you probably need to check well. Went to school to get my transcript as well. They are very familiar with the process, the lady told me they have done for many people.

I posted it to WES right there from the school using one guy from UPS, that's the official courier service the school uses. I didn't ask the school to post for me tho, i collected the sealed envelope, a friend of mine who works at the registry called the UPS guy for me nd he came to pick it up. I paid 10k for the service nd 5k to the school for the transcript.

The evaluation got completed about three weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 7:36am On Mar 23, 2017
Beem4cupid:

awwww pele.... no vex... see you in Canada over lunch. clown...lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2017
The reason why we have over 340 pages on this thread is because people keep asking the same questions all over again without reading through the thread.
Questions like :
-How can I pay for Assessment using my Naira card
-Do I have to do IELTS/Assessment before entering the pool.
In trying to be nice to answer, the thread gets elongated and as such becomes tiring for someone starting from page 0.
I will implore us to try and read up before asking questions please.
We really do not have to have up to 345 pages for this thread. The first few pages have the basic info you need.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2017
cookies:

Thanks for your quick response but I meant the easiest way of getting a UK PCC?
Have any here got it before? Did he/she send a proof of current address?

You can use your bank statements with your current address on it, driving licence,utility bill etc basically any official document that has your name and your current address on it. You can use bank statements from two different banks. I used one bank statement and drivers licence. most people use two statements from two different banks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2017
Hi All,

Nice thread here. I am in the Canada Express Entry process as well.

I have patiently read from page 1 to 345 and it's well worth it.

Hope to support where I can.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 9:25am On Mar 23, 2017
Hello forumites please can someone help give me the passport photo specification needed for eAPR I ve seen the following different specs and i am confused.

1)Digital Photo - The final frame size of the photo should be at least 35mm x 45mm. The photograph must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders. The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm. The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. The final size of the image should not be less than 60KB. The file should be submitted in JPEG format.

2)50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).

pls can someone wit a recent successful application help me pls??
@ vcole, fusion23
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 9:52am On Mar 23, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:
Hello forumites please can someone help give me the passport photo specification needed for eAPR I ve seen the following different specs and i am confused.

1)Digital Photo - The final frame size of the photo should be at least 35mm x 45mm. The photograph must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders. The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm. The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. The final size of the image should not be less than 60KB. The file should be submitted in JPEG format.

2)50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).

pls can someone wit a recent successful application help me pls??
@ vcole, fusion23
Its the first one you wrote. Its stated when you click on the infromation (I) adjacent upload passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2017
I am sure this was what he was trying to clarify....We would appreciate more clarifications

Babachi:

Its the first one you wrote. Its stated when you click on the infromation (I) adjacent upload passport

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 50something: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2017
I just finished reading this thread after 3days.

I want to enter the pool, but I want to be clear on some things before I start the process.

I currently work in the Finance department of a bank, it can be said that we perform accounting functions. Having gone through the NOC, my job function falls between two different unit groups (1431 and 1311). That is where it got tricky for me, non of the roles have all that I do. So I am confused on which to pick, not knowing if there are benefits for picking any particular role.

Please help with assistance, as I am going to pay for ielts today, so that I can finally start this process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2017
Babachi:

thanks a lot @babachi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phraoh(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Your cousin can take French test as an alternative. If not,then your cousin is not ready for Canny.

grin Thanks a lot...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2017
Abeg I wan marry o, any single lady in the pool or with ITA or PPR should indicate so we get married in Canada sharply. No time to waste time. 2 is better than 1. Let's start raising a family asap. I'm serious o, no joking sturvs. No worry, I'm the perfect husband material. Single ladies holla.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 23, 2017
50something:
I just finished reading this thread after 3days.

I want to enter the pool, but I want to be clear on some things before I start the process.

I currently work in the Finance department of a bank, it can be said that we perform accounting functions. Having gone through the NOC, my job function falls between two different unit groups (1431 and 1311). That is where it got tricky for me, non of the roles have all that I do. So I am confused on which to pick, not knowing if there are benefits for picking any particular role.

Please help with assistance, as I am going to pay for ielts today, so that I can finally start this process.

Welcome onboard give us some details of your job function so we can help place your NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spiritualgal: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
Good day,

This is my first time commenting here.

I'm about to assess my credentials with WES. I've BSC in Accounting, ACCA and a professional certificate in Taxation all from naija. which one is advisable to submit to get the highest mark?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.