Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2611136 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
The correct size is on your post ITA form... Click on the blue icon with the question mark right beside the 'Digital Photo' upload row and you will find the details you need.

eaglemaniac:
Hello everyone, I just got ITA, and presently , I am gathering documents. Please, what is the size of the digital photo we are expected to upload? Some sites say 35x 45mm, while some say 50x70mm. For those that have passed through this stage and have been successful, what size did you upload? Also, is reference letter alone enough or one has to add payslips?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 10:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hi, stumbled on this after much digging. I think you should follow the "at least" 35 x 45mm...which should be the least for the frame as instructed when uploading.

The 50 x 70mm is for the PR card but to play safe I just did the 50 x 70mm frame while ensuring the size of the head, from chin to crown, was between 31mm and 36mm.

Hope this helps

eaglemaniac:
Hello everyone, I just got ITA, and presently , I am gathering documents. Please, what is the size of the digital photo we are expected to upload? Some sites say 35x 45mm, while some say 50x70mm. For those that have passed through this stage and have been successful, what size did you upload? Also, is reference letter alone enough or one has to add payslips?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TDELTD: 10:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ehrnie:

I will answer this as much as I can and to the best of my knowledge (I stand to be corrected)

Although they said a "To Whom It May Concern" will suffice, you can address your intro letter to be address below:

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Centralised Intake Office,
C/o Canadian High Commission
42, Independence Avenue,
P.O.Box 1693
Accra - Ghana

Things to get from current employer:
(1) Print out your current payslips (minimum of 6 months past)
(2) Make a copy of your staff ID card before you submit it on your last day
(3) Get the employment reference letter (which I assume you are working on already)
(4) I am also assuming you have your employment/confirmation of employment letter and any related document you were given at the start of your job. Just keep them for records...who knows.

A brief summary of the EE process/procedure is on page (0) of this thread. Once you familiarise yourself with it, then return with specific areas you need clarity on.

All the best!

Hello Ehrnie, can the address stated above also be used for bank reference letters and letter of non-indebtedness?
Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TDELTD: 10:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Apologies, for some reason i do not think you got the email i sent. Please see below in response to your comments in red.

CIC Address to include in reference letter from bank: Could you help out with this?
2. Attaching WES report: I read on the CIC website that it is not required to attache WES report. However, to be on the safe side i will attach it. You cannot go wrong with more documentation. Will the online report sent to me by WES Suffice as i do not have the paper copy yet? Please see attached document.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TDELTD: 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
boldinc:
I answered all your questions... Pls look up and see my answers in Red.

Apologies, for some reason i do not think you got the email i sent. Please see below in response to your comments in red.

CIC Address to include in reference letter from bank: Could you help out with this?
2. Attaching WES report: I read on the CIC website that it is not required to attache WES report. However, to be on the safe side i will attach it. You cannot go wrong with more documentation. Will the online report sent to me by WES Suffice as i do not have the paper copy yet? Please see attached document.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TDELTD: 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
jugzy:
Hello all,

Please I have the following questions:

1. When uploading docs for pof should I also upload other supporting documents like deed of gift, tenancy agreement, property documents tht show source of fund , LOE for pof, in the POF folder?

2. I also have some areas I want to write LOE for should I merge the LOE in a single document and give each aspect clear headings?

3. I was employed with a different NOC but I have since switched departments. I have been working in the department related to the NOC I am claiming points for, for about 6 years now. I got a reference letter detailing all the units I have worked with including the ones not related to my NOC. Is this okay pls?

4. I got my bank certificate yesterday. The bank did not include credit card balance/debt as requested by CIC. I don't have a credit card though but I was wondering if CIC will accept it. All other pieces of information requested by CIC were in the bank certificate. I also have my bank statement. Should I upload the bank certificate like that?

5. I read on the thread tht I can remove my spouses's work history and include it under personal history since I'm not claiming points for it. To do this successfully, I had to click NO when asked if he has a work history. Is this ok pls?

Please excuse my plenty questions. Kindly oblige me.

Bank certificate? What bank did you get this? I asked from GT bank and they mentioned that all they have is a reference letter (Only for current accounts) and a letter of non-indebtedness. 2 separate letters. I had to put these letters on pause as they were very clear they do not issue "To whom it may concern" letters.

Is it ok to use the address below?

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Centralised Intake Office,
C/o Canadian High Commission
42, Independence Avenue,
P.O.Box 1693
Accra - Ghana
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 10:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
40manlappy:
@meagainstdem

Positive assessment of your MSc gives you the highest possible point assigned to the qualification, so no need to expend energy on the BSc.

On the other hand, in addition to the BSc, your wife may add the PGDE and the higher diploma so that she can evaluated for and earn points applicable for "2 or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" (one must be for a program of three or more years) which has higher points than just a BSc.

Thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hello canny fam... ITA received at 472....started filling and uploading docs... My questions would be popping in at some point.. Please gurus be good to me..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jig5aw(f): 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please before you received your ITA, did you at any time submit any evidence that you're married? Forgive my assumption.
A14:
Late post

ITA received, spent barely 24hrs in the pool.

CRS score: 468
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kunlelikeme: 12:24am On Mar 27, 2017
Hi guyz,I am very new here and I will like to apply for a work permit to canada...I have ahnd degree in mech enginerring and I will be so glad if I can get more explanation on how to go about the application.
I want to ask if it is very important to get a job there before applying or not.
I am complete novice and just need some little guidelines on how to go about it....
will be very glad to get feedbacks/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by A14: 12:53am On Mar 27, 2017
Jig5aw:
Please before you received your ITA, did you at any time submit any evidence that you're married? Forgive my assumption.

Nah, no evidence was submitted. They'll be submitted post ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2017
I'm no sure of the address, tho I know it has been posted on here at some point. I don't think it matters much either... Any address you find on their website should suffice...

I can't remember receiving an online report from WES. I only scanned the copy of the paper report and uploaded. It is not necessary if you do not have it yet as the reference number is all you really need. However, no harm in attaching the report you have alongside...

TDELTD:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Congrats deeore... All the best with your application.

deeore:
Hello canny fam... ITA received at 472....started filling and uploading docs... My questions would be popping in at some point.. Please gurus be good to me..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2017
So I'm taking IELTS test come 8th April, please what letter case is adviced to be on a safer side lower or upper case?
To those who have taken the test previously and aced it please advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
cookies:
So I'm taking IELTS test come 8th April, please what letter case is adviced to be on a safer side lower or upper case?
To be on the safe side, read the instruments first and write as you normally do.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2017
elfmann:

To be on the safe side, read the instruments first and write as you normally do.

Thanks for your response, although isn't a direct & clear answer.

House please help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:53am On Mar 27, 2017
cookies:

Hi,

I hope I understand your question....nevertheless I will try to drop my 2 cents. Writing your letters in upper case is a no no - apart from the fact that it will be difficult for you to write within the time frame, I also think it will be difficult for the examiner to read. Just start each (new) sentence with a capital letter (like we always do) .....Names etc. too will start with capital letters.

Try to read the instructions before you start though but I am 150% sure there will be no such instruction as "write in upper case letters"

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:56am On Mar 27, 2017
TDELTD:

Hello Ehrnie, can the address stated above also be used for bank reference letters and letter of non-indebtedness?
Many thanks.

Yes it can.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gquest: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2017
cookies:

House please help!

Hello, for the reading and listening part, I did all capital letters. For writing am not sure if it's fine to write in upper cases.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:00am On Mar 27, 2017
oscar4lyf:
Gudpm luvly friends, pls can't one fill the Canadian skilled express form without having the itels score and he is also a graduate

No you can't. You need to input your IELTS scores.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2017
kunlelikeme:
Hi guyz,I am very new here and I will like to apply for a work permit to canada...I have ahnd degree in mech enginerring and I will be so glad if I can get more explanation on how to go about the application.
I want to ask if it is very important to get a job there before applying or not.
I am complete novice and just need some little guidelines on how to go about it....
will be very glad to get feedbacks/

Welcome on board. The 1st place to start is from page (0) i.e. the beginning of this thread. By the time you read through the pages (maybe not all, but a substantial number of pages), you will get a drift of the process and then have tailored questions to ask.

In the meantime, it is not important to get a job in Canada before applying for FSWP.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2017
Gquest:

Hello, for the reading and listening part, I did all capital letters. For writing am not sure if it's fine to write in upper cases.

For the listening part - In a scenario where you have the missing word/answer in-between a sentence, I will advise you use small case letters except it is a name though...then you can use upper case. Imagine having all upper case in-between a sentence....that's a bit off.

*I stand to be corrected*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gquest: 9:24am On Mar 27, 2017
Ehrnie:

For the listening part - In a scenario where you have the missing word/answer in-between a sentence, I will advise you use small case letters except it is a name though...then you can use upper case. Imagine having all upper case in-between a sentence....that's a bit off.

Well...I did mine all upper cases for reading and listening, every part of it...it came out well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 27, 2017
cookies:

House please help!
lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Gquest:

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Ehrnie:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:24am On Mar 27, 2017
boldinc:
Sorry sir... Quoted you cos you were tryna get someone that needed help on a personal chat group. I have no issues with your group, but don't come here and mess with what a lot of people have put their time and energy in to keep alive and genuinely help people... Like I said earlier, all issues related to Canadian Express Entry would be dealt with right here on the thread. Experienced people are available and willing to guide ANYONE in every way possible and for Free.

Anyone can join your group at his own peril...

Very funny, say what you know. For people that get direct ITA this thread is adequate but if you need provincial nomination and stick to only this thread ..mehn, are on a very long thing!
No need being insultive because none of those groups request for gratification before becoming a member. Anyways that's just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lacord5: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2017
Please could someone reply me urgently.

My husband's degree certificate is not available yet from his school, can we send Statement of result and transcript to WES or IQAS for evaluation? Does anyone know if they accept Statement of result in lieu of Degree certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
Yes You can send a statement of result, be sure you have a contact in the school for verification purposes (assuming he schooled in Nigeria)

lacord5:
Please could someone reply me urgently.

My husband's degree certificate is not available yet from his school, can we send Statement of result and transcript to WES or IQAS for evaluation? Does anyone know if they accept Statement of result in lieu of Degree certificate?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lacord5: 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
dammysanmi:
Yes You can send a statement of result, be sure you have a contact in the school for verification purposes (assuming he schooled in Nigeria)

Thanks dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.