Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609584 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
I doubt if WES would evaluate your certification based on what is on their site as seen below. The only exception I have seen so far is ACCA. You can goggle to see if anyone has successfully gotten an evaluation otherwise let it go.

Does WES evaluate work experience?
WES evaluates formal secondary and post-secondary academic credentials only. WES does not assess professional designation, professional competence or experience.

freeradical:

Thanks Patrick. How do I go about evaluating a professional certificate with WES. When I tried to the drop-down list I saw for type of degree/diploma did not have anything like diploma on it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
sehawale:

Thanks 40manlappy. You are truly (1+39=40)men (lol) as i see you responding to almost all questions with so much interest. My wife says her office (a bank) has no problem issuing references.

Welcome bro. It's just a moniker cheesy

Good to know your wife can get the reference.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
Whao, not heard of certificate verification o, WES and them wahala. As per ACCA, they just accepted what ACCA sent to them in my case without any verification and then they requested for my transcript verification for Naija school. I can imagine your frustration cos I was in your shoes. Sent them over 30 tweets in less than a month and some interesting DM's grin. Was praying to God to cancel every spirit of delay cos I was so frustrated after ICAS drama spending over 11 months waiting for my ECA. Eventually God took over and they responded via Twitter that my case as been marked as urgent as I wont let them rest every minute on twitter. The ECA got ready the next day. They even notified me on twitter to check my status that it should have changed to completed. When I logged on, it was true grin.

Like I always say, if you dont have to use WES or ICAS FLEE!!!!!! angry In your case you needed two or more certificates and your ACCA made u use them. Lets trust God for the best

Thinking of it well, If WES delays so much with Naija transcript, should one not just do ACCA with them and then IQAS for Naija degree?, its more expensive but more relaxing. You dont have to use the same body for both degrees.

I pray your case gets resolved on time cos you are kinda stuck with them and you can only trust God to intervene, So sorry about your experience. sad

browndoll:
I wish I had done a proper review of WES before engaging their services.i have missed several ITAs because of them.
I started evaluation since February 11 th,all documents from me and my uni and acca sent.last week they asked for a letter of confirmation from acca and certificate verification from ABU Zaria(which cost 18k for verification and 16k for courier).ABU sent both soft copy and courier which was delivered on Monday this week. Only for me to get a mail tonight that not only is my certificate verification pending,they are requesting for a TRANSCRIPT verification now!!! I am so angry right now because getting these documents from ABU is so expensive not to talk of the time wasting.i have been doing everything they ask just to be able to take advantage of the low scores and WES is making my life a living hell
Wish I had the funds to start IQAS at least I heard they have sense there.
BEWARE OF WES PEOPLE!!! They will frustrate you and you have no customer service there.useless organization

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
Thanks a lot,much appreciated!

optionese:
Use you. Tube videos to practice . Your exam is almost close so perhaps 3 practice sessions a day . Don't neglect other aspects too
Good luck

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hi

My honest response is that the Speaking and Listening has to be switched for it to make great sense. You need a minimum of 8 in listening as the principal applicant. If you could achieve this at first attempt, you will only need some extra efforts to ace it the second time.

Please verify to check your actual listening score.

All the best

QuantumK:
Hi people, I wrote my exams also on April 8, 2017 and i have seen my result online.

Speaking - 8
Writing: 7.5
Reading - 7
Listening - 7

I hope this works for my express entry application. To be honest , I didn't prepare at all. I kinda took it for granted

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yow17: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
What's the problem?

Seeing everyone flagging IELTS Results for 8th of April and I have been refreshing..it's saying no records found.

Anyone had this experience Before?

I will appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abimbolaariyo: 12:00am On Apr 22, 2017
please can someone explain the process of credentials assessment using ICAS and when do i make payment ?

Thanks Bimpsy99, I will check the link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 12:03am On Apr 22, 2017
Pardon?? Dont mistake IQAS for ICAS as they are different bodies. IQAS is the recommended one, https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx. Its been discussed extensively on this thread. Payment is made at inception before you get the reference number which would be used for the evaluation

abimbolaariyo:
please can someone explain the process of credentials assessment using ICAS and when do i make payment ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 12:04am On Apr 22, 2017
If symptoms persist, please arrange for a pick-up on Monday if you are in Lagos. Its frustrating trying to refresh, Sorry about that

yow17:
What's the problem?

Seeing everyone flagging IELTS Results for 8th of April and I have been refreshing..it's saying no records found.

Anyone had this experience Before?

I will appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Meoos: 12:11am On Apr 22, 2017
Hello people,

This is quite an interesting thread I must say. Thanks to the gurus in the house for all your wise counsels, beautiful suggestions and awesome pieces of advice. Please I need your input in choosing the most appropriate NOC code for a Customer Service Officer in the bank (those people in banks you meet for ATM cards and stuffs).

I've been going through the list but couldn't find it. The closest I saw on NOC was 1114 = other financial officers but the job descriptions aren't similar.

Again, I studied computer science but have this job role for over 5years now. What should I do concerning the code? Secondly, must my educational qualification be in tandem with my job? Please help.

Cc: Zandora
Vcole
40manlappy
Other gurus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 12:16am On Apr 22, 2017
Brought up this post for people who feel that reading and listening cant be bumped up cos its objective. This person got a 1 mark bump in listening. The question is are you willing to take the bold step and do you believe you should have scored higher if it were properly marked?

dammysanmi:
Hello House,

I would like to thank @vcole @dupyshoo and other members that offered advice especially concerning my IELTS test i took on 29th October 2016. After EOR which took exactly 10 weeks, my scores increased by a band.

Former Scores: LRWS- 7.5,7.5,7.5,8
After EOR: LRWS- 8.5,7.5,7.5,8

Here's my issue, my name was not included among the convocation list, so i can't get my Masters certificate OFFICIALLY till next year January (so annoying angry cos i fulfilled all graduating conditions well before the list was drawn). They promised me a letter "in lieu of" which i don't think will suffice for ECA.

This sets my score at 426 (instead of 465) without the Masters (i'll be 31 years in 2 weeks, married with over 7 years experience). Should i go ahead with the ECA with my B.Eng. OR/AND try for a PNP?

Wifey's IELTS scores were lower, going to clock 30 in April, doesn't have a Masters degree/2 certificates either, so i guess she's not a better PA.

Thanks in anticipation everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 12:18am On Apr 22, 2017
Well i can attempt the second part, Its not like Aussie that they align ur educational background with your work experience, It doesn;t matter for Canada. You are fine with the work experience

Meoos:
Hello people,

This is quite an interesting thread I must say. Thanks to the gurus in the house for all your wise counsels, beautiful suggestions and awesome pieces of advice. Please I need your input in choosing the most appropriate NOC code for a Customer Service Officer in the bank (those people in banks you meet for ATM cards and stuffs).

I've been going through the list but couldn't find it. The closest I saw on NOC was 1114 = other financial officers but the job descriptions aren't similar.

Again, I studied computer science but have this job role for over 5years now. What should I do concerning the code? Secondly, must my educational qualification be in tandem with my job? Please help.

Vcole
40manlappy
Other gurus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 22, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 12:59am On Apr 22, 2017
Except you are head of customer service , your NOC falls under Skill C
Meoos:
Hello people,

Vcole
40manlappy
Other gurus
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:55am On Apr 22, 2017
temitope06:

Pay landing fee, £50k only. I'll settle the rest of the house. Pls do am quickly, I wan go shop for Versace like hushdog.

Lol. Thanks for the welcoming message. If to say I get this your landing charge ehn! I will just relax and won't think about POF that will come up later. Anyways, we will always win by God's grace. Even when we fail, we will still win later. No giving up.

Once again, thank you for the comment. cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 22, 2017
Bimpsy99:
If symptoms persist, please arrange for a pick-up on Monday if you are in Lagos. Its frustrating trying to refresh, Sorry about that

Good morning,

Please someone should please answer me. After registering for IELTS and getting the bank draft, am i supposed to visit any of their offices to submit my documents?

Are my supposed to request that they send d restuls to IRCC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 6:50am On Apr 22, 2017
Good morning,
Please, I need help with making a decision. I am in the EE pool with 401 score and I received NOI from Ontario. Written ielts 3 times in search of 8 in listening. Latest ielts score is LRSW 8.5, 5.5, 7, 7

1. Should I accept NOI and apply for PNP?
2. Should I retake IELTS... 4th time or request re-mark for reading? Or,
3. Should I be hopeful scores fall to 401 in next 2 draws if it continues to fall at present rate?

This my small head wants to blow up. Help pls!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 7:05am On Apr 22, 2017
Good morning and welcome to every new member.
Please please please, help us do the following so that more answers will be provided when questions are asked. our seniors don tire for repetitive questions mbok.

1)bother yourself a little more by extensively studying how express entry works as outlined on the cic website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp . Therein contains all the set rules and standard requirements, & almost all the deep info you need.

2) bother yourself again to visit british council ielts page...you will learn about how to register and what/how to practice.

3) you can even write a list of all d evaluating bodies suggested on d cic page and then study each one,even go through all their "questions u may ask"

4) Again please study this thread extensively from page 0. Not much has changed besides d lower CRS and people making newer recommendations e.g IQAS over WES,,,,u may even go as far back as the first thread (https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines)

5)After you have fully equipped yourself, please do ask questions when u face a challenge....
If you can't find the page your question was discussed, just use d search button on top and type key words...
If u are still confused, please ask here.

Thank you all and welcome. I look forward to having a party with us all someday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by youseuph(m): 7:30am On Apr 22, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Brought up this post for people who feel that reading and listening cant be bumped up cos its objective. This person got a 1 mark bump in listening. The question is are you willing to take the bold step and do you believe you should have scored higher if it were properly marked?

Thanks so much for this post. I think I should call for remark also especially for my speaking. I got 8,7,7,6.5 for LWRS. What is the procedure applying for remark?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 7:38am On Apr 22, 2017
Its called Enquiry of Result. Its 15k bank draft, you will fill a form in their office within six weeks of receiving result. You can call them or check out the site for more info.

[quote author=youseuph post=55796088][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 7:43am On Apr 22, 2017
Thank God for the NoI as plan b. You have six months to accept, I will suggest u see what happens in the pool from now till May. While you gather the documents and fill the form by the side, if by May ending the score doesn't drop to 401, u can accept. Won't advice another ietls jare

sammyacbxyz:
Good morning,
Please, I need help with making a decision. I am in the EE pool with 401 score and I received NOI from Ontario. Written ielts 3 times in search of 8 in listening. Latest ielts score is LRSW 8.5, 5.5, 7, 7

1. Should I accept NOI and apply for PNP?
2. Should I retake IELTS... 4th time or request re-mark for reading? Or,
3. Should I be hopeful scores fall to 401 in next 2 draws if it continues to fall at present rate?

This my small head wants to blow up. Help pls!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cheapphones: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2017
KweenCee:

Good morning,

Please someone should please answer me. After registering for IELTS and getting the bank draft, am i supposed to visit any of their offices to submit my documents?

Are my supposed to request that they send d restuls to IRCC?
You'll have to DHL your bank draft with a copy of the biodata page of ur passport to their closet office within 5 working days I think, so do that fast.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kemkem30(f): 7:50am On Apr 22, 2017
i got my ielts result yesterday LRSW :8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7. I hope this suffices because my hubby does not plan to write or verify his degree (PhD). I am a pharmacist. Current CRS: 431

I wish the writing was better, i blame my self though. i didn't practice writing at all. i just focused on listening and reading.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2017
RUN for your life . ICAS will hold you down longer than Nigeria except you are talking about IQAS . In that case go to their website

abimbolaariyo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:01am On Apr 22, 2017
Good result , 431 is a good score considering the scores lately . Your husband Phd is a great asset . Start getting your documents ready . Read page 0 to know what documents you need

kemkem30:
i got my ielts result yesterday LRSW :8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7. I hope this suffices because my hubby does not plan to write or verify his degree (PhD). I am a pharmacist. Current CRS: 431

I wish the writing was better, i blame my self though. i didn't practice writing at all. i just focused on listening and reading.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Horlalaykon: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2017
Hello house, for those that wants to write IELTS or improve their score, http://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue is very good to practice IELTS real questions especially the speaking section.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2017
40manlappy:

If you pick a "yes" it's likely going to ask you to populate employment information. I think you should select "no".

Looping: Bimpsy99
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2017
Congrats on a fantastic result. Your ITa is some few days away

kemkem30:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:39am On Apr 22, 2017
kemkem30:

without your spouse's ECA & IELTS, this is a good CRS going by the current trend. so you should be expecting an ITA next draw. Meanwhile start gathering info on the necessary documents needed for the application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 22, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Thank God for the NoI as plan b. You have six months to accept, I will suggest u see what happens in the pool from now till May. While you gather the documents and fill the form by the side, if by May ending the score doesn't drop to 401, u can accept. Won't advice another ietls jare

but there is 1500cad to it and u're not even sure u wld be picked. I suggest he does the 4th and final one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 22, 2017
cheapphones:

You'll have to DHL your bank draft with a copy of the biodata page of ur passport to their closet office within 5 working days I think, so do that fast.
People should be using transfer...British Council's account number isn't static here: let's use $$$$$##** for example...dollar sign represents d city u wanna do d test,d two hash signs epresent d month u want to take d test and 2 asterisks represent d last two digits from ur passport.

After u have written the N68,000 in words, put a comma and write ur full ref number with hyphens, put a hyphen and write ur full bame.
Account holder: British council.

No need to dhl a thing or hassle to their offices. Even Ikoyi isn't easy for Lagos folks. And d queue there is annoying as they understaff d customer service desk. I think they wonder why we still bring in draft. I told them to go and educate d banks and their staff.

Some banks or branches don't know jack on this..so after getting ur code which is the acct number u will input, print off this attached file for convincing them that bank draft is d difficult costly old method. Even GTB at Adeyemo Alakija had no clue until I taught them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.