Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598868 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
Garykasparov:

Go ahead and write your IELTS exam (General) towards fulfilling language requirement of the Express entry program. I like to reiterate that we dont mix things up here. There is difference in meeting requirements for doc evaluation towards EE and there are requirements to practise in Canada. The aforementioned requirements is what you need to get an ECA for EE. Requirement to practise, however, among the aforementioned you will also need to meet some other requirement which varies according to province, and may include IELTS (academics).
Thanks alot. Am trying to get EE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
ebemio:
You read it right most regulated occupation accrediting bodies request to send your ielts result with the other requested document before verifying your documents. But you can send a certified copy of your ielts result instead of original to overcome having to pay British council another money for another copy of the ielts result you will still need for CIC it self.
Thanks, I keep that in mind. Still studying for IELTS angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
JesusDWay:

Those mentioned as professional degrees are specialized programmes which usually takes longer years to finish at Bachelors but the education is sufficient to practice and deemed equivalent of a Masters by CIC. WES will determine the Canadian equivalent of the MILR and I'm almost certain it will be a Masters so, you are good to go
OK, thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perewesley(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Greetings my people. .please does anyone know when the next EE draw will hold ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
@mebidu, please I sent you a mail, kindly confirm pls.
mebidu:
Yes they do. I used that for my masters degree from lautech.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebemio: 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
My accrediting board used my general ielts not academic I think its same with pharmacy council too.
Garykasparov:

Go ahead and write your IELTS exam (General) towards fulfilling language requirement of the Express entry program. I like to reiterate that we dont mix things up here. There is difference in meeting requirements for doc evaluation towards EE and there are requirements to practise in Canada. The aforementioned requirements is what you need to get an ECA for EE. Requirement to practise, however, among the aforementioned you will also need to meet some other requirement which varies according to province, and may include IELTS (academics).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:57am On Feb 03, 2016
perewesley:
Greetings my people. .please does anyone know when the next EE draw will hold ?

No one knows, possibly tomorrow, or next week Weds; or may be upper weds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 8:11am On Feb 03, 2016
Hello JesusDWay. Please i need assistance. My ECA and that of my wife has been verified by wes. Her ielts result is out,L9R7.5W7S7, we are waiting for mine. Now i want to know how i can prepare my cv appropriately for entering the pool. I have told you some time ago that i am a mechanical engineer with 5years experience in automobile repairs. I will be 30yrs old in about 2weeks time. Can I send my cv to your personal email so you can review it? I don't want to make the mistake i did in my first ielts. Also,i have done the international passport for my one year old son. Lastly, i think i'm supposed to have about 5.5million naira,but currently i have 2million. Though my elder sis says she's gonna help me with the balance when the time comes to Show it. I need help sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2016
Good morning house. Please which province can i,a mechanical engineer with experience in automobile repairs apply to? And do i need to get a letter from the engineering professional body? I see saskatchewan as the only friendly province to international people. Someone suggested nova scotia but their requirements are pretty much. I was hoping for alberta but they require one having at least one year experience there and i've already gotten a letter of no objection from that province. Don't know if the ontario $1500 is worth the trial?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 8:47am On Feb 03, 2016
Good monring House,

Please when the letters of reference from your past place of work are written, is it addressed to anyone or is it written as to whom it may concern?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:55am On Feb 03, 2016
You don't need your CV to enter the pool. How many years of experience does your wife have? Who has the highest qualification out of the 2 of you? I am asking these question in order to know the right person out of the two of you to be the Principal Applicant.

Doggys:
Hello JesusDWay. Please i need assistance. My ECA and that of my wife has been verified by wes. Her ielts result is out,L9R7.5W7S7, we are waiting for mine. Now i want to know how i can prepare my cv appropriately for entering the pool. I have told you some time ago that i am a mechanical engineer with 5years experience in automobile repairs. I will be 30yrs old in about 2weeks time. Can I send my cv to your personal email so you can review it? I don't want to make the mistake i did in my first ielts. Also,i have done the international passport for my one year old son. Lastly, i think i'm supposed to have about 5.5million naira,but currently i have 2million. Though my elder sis says she's gonna help me with the balance when the time comes to Show it. I need help sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:56am On Feb 03, 2016
Mine was addressed to " To whom it may concern"

morgan2006:
Good monring House,

Please when the letters of reference from your past place of work are written, is it addressed to anyone or is it written as to whom it may concern?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:57am On Feb 03, 2016
First, have you calculated your CRS? If it is higher than 450, you might not need to apply to any province.

Doggys:
Good morning house. Please which province can i,a mechanical engineer with experience in automobile repairs apply to? And do i need to get a letter from the engineering professional body? I see saskatchewan as the only friendly province to international people. Someone suggested nova scotia but their requirements are pretty much. I was hoping for alberta but they require one having at least one year experience there and i've already gotten a letter of no objection from that province. Don't know if the ontario $1500 is worth the trial?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jarkbauer: 10:46am On Feb 03, 2016
zandora:

Go ahead with your WES evaluation and if after assessing your credentials your ECA has the same dob as your transcript, send an email to WES to rectify this and include your birth certificate. I know someone who was in your shoes and WES updated the ECA for him. You do not need the transcript for the FSW application itself.

The problem is no email address to send this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 11:36am On Feb 03, 2016
jarkbauer:

The problem is no email address to send this.

Fill the contact us form on the website and they will get back to you through the email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Doggys:

$1500 is little price to pay for a Canadian PR and not when you stand a good chance of being nominated. If your CRS score is >400 but <440, I strongly advice you give it a shot.

Your wife got a good ielts score, what's her work exp and level of education like. You may consider making her the primary applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Doggys:

First off, you can only apply to a province when they announce that their Provincial nomination programme is open. Depending on the province, some may require licensing which i would rather you avoid for now till you get there. My advice is that you check Saskatchewan again and ensure you choose the Mechanical Engineering Technologists(NOC 2232) as it does not require licensing unlike Mechanical Engineering that requires licensing. Open an account on the SINP Application portal and fill your details and attach all required docs such that, at anytime they open it, you just submit, before it gets filled(people are speculating it may open in March). Regarding Ontario, except you know it won't pain you if they don't take you, i don't encourage people to apply for the Ontario thing. They have been contacting people to apply since last year June and i'm yet to see anyone who they have nominated. They have only 1000 spaces, do you think if they have been attending to them since then, they wont have gotten the 1000? Lot's of people actually want to go to Ontario and i believe the competition will be high but then, it's still your decision as it might work, but that is based on you scoring over 400 in your crs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
irondome:

$1500 is little price to pay for a Canadian PR and not when you stand a good chance of being nominated. If your CRS score is >400 but <440, I strongly advice you give it a shot.

Your wife got a good ielts score, what's her work exp and level of education like. You may consider making her the primary applicant.

The news we have is that Ontario is in debt of like 300Million Dollars(if i get the figure right though), i'm almost of the opinion that they may be using this means to gather funds. It is unprecedented in the history of Canadian immigration that a province will ask for a fee that is more than both application fee and RPRF of the Federal combined. Besides, they have been contacting people to apply since last year June, if they were to have been attending to the files as they come in, do we think the quota won't have been exhausted, considering that Ontario is where lots of peole want to go. Besides, they have said payment of the money doesn't mean you will be nominated. For me, the statistics are more against anyone's chances than in favour of it and as such, i dont advise that people should pay the money except if you have close family ties there and you are probably into IT(the profession get's attraction almost everywhere), and the money is something you didn't struggle to pay and wont be pained if they dont take you at the end of the day, then you may apply to Ontario and pay the money.

Just like you said though, they might make the wife the principal applicant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thanks

dupyshoo:
Mine was addressed to " To whom it may concern"

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
JesusDWay:

The news we have is that Ontario is in debt of like 300Million Dollars(if i get the figure right though), i'm almost of the opinion that they may be using this means to gather funds. It is unprecedented in the history of Canadian immigration that a province will ask for a fee that is more than both application fee and RPRF of the Federal combined. Besides, they have been contacting people to apply since last year June, if they were to have been attending to the files as they come in, do we think the quota won't have been exhausted, considering that Ontario is where lots of peole want to go. Besides, they have said payment of the money doesn't mean you will be nominated. For me, the statistics are more against anyone's chances than in favour of it and as such, i dont advise that people should pay the money except if you have close family ties there and you are probably into IT(the profession get's attraction almost everywhere), and the money is something you didn't struggle to pay and wont be pained if they dont take you at the end of the day, then you may apply to Ontario and pay the money.

Just like you said though, they might make the wife the principal applicant

@JesusDway
Perhaps we have like minds, i have wanted to make such remark but i dont want to start discouraging people here. some of us have worked many years thus can conveniently take that $1500 chance. some of us are in a hurry, while some are desperate, but what some of us dont know is that Canada is as desperate to get migratants in, albeit quality one, which they dont tend to compromise.
Given that, the ontario nomination process initially due to be completed in 90days (which was a good incentive); However, it is taking up to 6months presently. in addition, you gamble $1500 as well as limit yourself to a province conscientiously.
Well..my position is that this canada stuff "dem no they catch late-comer" except you can no more increase your score, IMO, the express entry still validates its name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
For does that have already done their educational credential assessment (ECA) I want to ask if u did it on all your credentials or just the highest one. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 2:31am On Feb 04, 2016
shodexy:
For does that have already done their educational credential assessment (ECA) I want to ask if u did it on all your credentials or just the highest one. Thank you.

The highest one but only it can be assessed as it's Canadian equivalency.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ogunsope1759: 7:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Please everyone, i am in middle of filling my ITA form, I am having problem getting my transcript from my school, they will only send it to an address given to them, but i need it to be attached to the form online, please has anyone gone through this process and how do i go about it... Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:15am On Feb 04, 2016
Garykasparov:

@JesusDway
Perhaps we have like minds, i have wanted to make such remark but i dont want to start discouraging people here. some of us have worked many years thus can conveniently take that $1500 chance. some of us are in a hurry, while some are desperate, but what some of us dont know is that Canada is as desperate to get migratants in, albeit quality one, which they dont tend to compromise.
Given that, the ontario nomination process initially due to be completed in 90days (which was a good incentive); However, it is taking up to 6months presently. in addition, you gamble $1500 as well as limit yourself to a province conscientiously.
Well..my position is that this canada stuff "dem no they catch late-comer" except you can no more increase your score, IMO, the express entry still validates its name

I think we have got ourselves a " half full half empty" cup perspective here. An idealist applicant could wait endlessly for draw points to drop or for his/her CRS score miraculosuly jumps to the north of 450; but then, this may never happen as competition gets stiffer. On the other hand, a realist applicant with CRS score lower than 440 (who has maxed out language points and does not have his/her occupation in demand in other provinces) would see a great opportunity in the Ontario offer.

On the belief that Ontario is using the scheme to pay off their debt, that's also not true for some reasons listed below
1. Ontario is a huge province with a number of better alternatives to generate revenue asides immigration.
2. $1500 is not as pricy as you think when you bear in mind that the $1050 currently being charged by CIC/IRCC is highly subsidized. Ontario immigration office has simply refused to earmark any cent towards that.
3. All applicants who paid the fee enjoy the right of having their application being processed on merit. This implies that - Ontario do not just collect your money and sit on it, but they rather proceed to process every single application against each assessment criteria (age, language, BG check, ties to province, etc). The onus lies on each applicant to ensure they submit a water-tight application.

It's true that CIC do not catch late comers, on the other hand, migration rules are dynamic. Every single change has the potential of ending the migration dream, altogether. For instance, prior to express entry launch, having 67 points on the old FSWP point grid usually suffice, but not anyone. While all applicants in pool now have the 67 points, most are stuck and hopeless in the pool without a province nomination or LMIA.

In summary, if you are out there with CRS greater than 400 but less than 440 (as the chances of the draw points dropping to that range is low), I would advice you give Ontario a shot; especially if your occupation is not in demand in other provinces. A lot of people usually spend lots more in Canadian masters just to get a long shot at eventual migration.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
irondome:

I think we have got ourselves a " half full half empty" cup perspective here. An idealist applicant could wait endlessly for draw points to drop or for his/her CRS score miraculosuly jumps to the north of 450; but then, this may never happen as competition gets stiffer. On the other hand, a realist applicant with CRS score lower than 440 (who has maxed out language points and does not have his/her occupation in demand in other provinces) would see a great opportunity in the Ontario offer.

On the belief that Ontario is using the scheme to pay off their debt, that's also not true for some reasons listed below
1. Ontario is a huge province with a number of better alternatives to generate revenue asides immigration.
2. $1500 is not as pricy as you think when you bear in mind that the $1050 currently being charged by CIC/IRCC is highly subsidized. Ontario immigration office has simply refused to earmark any cent towards that.
3. All applicants who paid the fee enjoy the right of having their application being processed on merit. This implies that - Ontario do not just collect your money and sit on it, but they rather proceed to process every single application against each assessment criteria (age, language, BG check, ties to province, etc). The onus lies on each applicant to ensure they submit a water-tight application.

It's true that CIC do not catch late comers, on the other hand, migration rules are dynamic. Every single change has the potential of ending the migration dream, altogether. For instance, prior to express entry launch, having 67 points on the old FSWP point grid usually suffice, but not anyone. While all applicants in pool now have the 67 points, most are stuck and hopeless in the pool without a province nomination or LMIA.

In summary, if you are out there with CRS greater than 400 but less than 440 (as the chances of the draw points dropping to that range is low), I would advice you give Ontario a shot; especially if your occupation is not in demand in other provinces. A lot of people usually spend lots more in Canadian masters just to get a long shot at eventual migration.

Yeah, its 'Half-full Half empty' but the odds are somehow more and my emphasis is on those for whom that money may not be easy to come by. Even from your analysis, it appears things are tight for Ontario otherwise, they won't suddenly come up with such application fee for a programme they have not been charging money for before now and don't forget, they are the only province charging money, others are doing same programme without charging. Meanwhile, by bringing up the information that they are owing, i wasn't implying that it is the reason they are asking people to pay so they can use it to offset the debt but then, if they cannot allocate money for immigration processing which they have been doing before now, its safe to say things are tight for them.

Besides, look at it very well, why haven't they been nominating people since last year June when they started receiving applications and certainly collecting money? They have also said your money is not refundable and they have just 1000 slots, with the number of people who want to go to Ontario, i'm almost certain they would have exceeded the 1000 in applications, what then would be their criteria for selection and subsequent nomination? For me, having family ties and job offer is what may possibly help and even at that, its still speculation. Anyone can make their decision based on some of the info and insights we have shared here but whoever is applying should be prepared
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
She has no professional work experience. Afrer nysc she started importing cosmetics from the UK and shes doing well there. She studied Geology
irondome:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Meanwhile, y'all LAUTECH folks here, kindly furnish me with contact of someone working in the transcript office or registry or anyone who can help fasttrack reply to VERIFICATION from WES. Someone's been waiting for a while now to get LAUTECH to reply to WES verification of his transcripts from your school. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
JesusDWay:

Yeah, its 'Half-full Half empty' but the odds are somehow more and my emphasis is on those for whom that money may not be easy to come by. Even from your analysis, it appears things are tight for Ontario otherwise, they won't suddenly come up with such application fee for a programme they have not been charging money for before now and don't forget, they are the only province charging money, others are doing same programme without charging. Meanwhile, by bringing up the information that they are owing, i wasn't implying that it is the reason they are asking people to pay so they can use it to offset the debt but then, if they cannot allocate money for immigration processing which they have been doing before now, its safe to say things are tight for them.

Besides, look at it very well, why haven't they been nominating people since last year June when they started receiving applications and certainly collecting money? They have also said your money is not refundable and they have just 1000 slots, with the number of people who want to go to Ontario, i'm almost certain they would have exceeded the 1000 in applications, what then would be their criteria for selection and subsequent nomination? For me, having family ties and job offer is what may possibly help and even at that, its still speculation. Anyone can make their decision based on some of the info and insights we have shared here but whoever is applying should be prepared

I don't think this is true. So many people on Canadavisa.com forum claim to have been nominated. There is actually a thread dedicated to that and i've seen recent nomination posts from people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Honestly I love this thread and the great work people are doing here.

it is not easy at all to make it to that country but with God things will turn in favour of each one of us.Amen

God will make the dreams of all Canada bound migrants come true this year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

I don't think this is true. So many people on Canadavisa.com forum claim to have been nominated. There is actually a thread dedicated to that and i've seen recent nomination posts from people.

Oh! That's good
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by BABSFREY: 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello All. This is my very first post on here. I did IELTS, first shot at it, and did not do too well, plus I am not that young anymore. I want to know if having the CPA can qualify me for the extra 50 points under the 'certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory (Skilled trade occupations)'. I have the ACCA, just wondering if it works to speedily obtain the CPA in order to get the number boost.

I will appreciate an urgent feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
Greeting to you all,what are they specific things CIC check when conducting background check?I don't know what they check.make I no go fall my hand.
I need input from you guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.